• Published 16th Oct 2012
  • 1,176 Views, 23 Comments

The What and Whatiful Who - cosby7



A stallion and a unicorn must venture through Ponyville's past and future to save its present.

  • ...
2
 23
 1,176

PreviousChapters
EPILOGUE

“Fear not simple ponyfolk, your hero, the Great and Powerful Trixie has arrived!”

“Oh, hi Trixie. Just put your stuff anywhere and we'll get started soon.”

Some time had passed since her adventure with the brown stallion and Trixie was finding herself humbled by just how much she was enjoying a normal life. The Doctor had offered to take her with him, to see all the wonders that were out among the stars and all the times between, but she, with only the slightest reluctance, turned him down. After coming to terms with the fact that she had been waiting her entire life for a single day, she thought it might be good to just let herself live her life for a while. At least for the time being.

So, he had dropped her off back in Ponyville, back in the present. And only after two tries! The little blue house he had been living in would be unoccupied now, he said, and it might be a nice change of pace from a life on the road. Of course, she had extended the offer for him to stick around for a while, but, just as she needed some time away from the road, he needed some time on it. “Whoever came up with the idea of making calendars with boxes should be erased from history,” he had said. She told him she knew exactly what he meant and wondered if it actually could have been true.

And with that, he was gone. No time to stay for tea. No “Thank you and you're welcome,” to the people of Equestria. Just to tell Twilight he would have to renew their debate about magic sometime and that he would come visit Trixie again soon.

Actually talking to Twilight Sparkle and her friends had been another matter. Speaking with the ponies she had embarrassed and the unicorn who had embarrassed her was not number one on her “To Do” list. Regrettably though, she knew it was inevitable, now that they would be neighbors, and she figured even they deserved an explanation of everything that had happened. To her surprise, the six friends had been quite forgiving. Something about actually living up to her boasts now that she had helped save the entire freakin' world. The Great and Powerful Trixie was not one to turn down well earned praise.

The more surprising part had been when some of them had actually offered to become friends with her. It was a new suggestion to a pony who had spent most of her life on the road with ponies older than her and acting disdainful towards anypony she might have considered a peer. Still, she would need help being shown around town and maybe making some new friends wouldn't be the worst thing in the world?

While Twilight Sparkle had been the one she was initially most loath to talk to, she had ended up being the one most fervent in her offer of friendship. After Pinkie Pie, of course. Despite their differences, Twilight said it had been a long time since she had another unicorn who studied magic to talk to. It didn't hurt that Trixie had personally met Star Swirl the Bearded, either. And, as much as she hated to admit it, Twilight had a lot to teach. So, more to Trixie's surprise than anypony else's, she had started stopping by the library a few times a week so that she and Twilight could practice and study together. Which was exactly where she had just announced her arrival.

“Trixie sincerely hopes that is a joke, Twilight Sparkle,” the blue unicorn responded with a roll of her eyes. “There are so many books always cluttering your floor that Trixie can scarcely find room to put herself.”

“Yeah, sorry, it's um, it's been a big study day.”

“It's always a big study day with you.”

Twilight's disembodied voice finally gained a mouth, as her head perked up from behind a tall stack of books. “But you wouldn't have it any other way, right?”

Trixie groaned in mock disgust, before laughing despite herself. “I suppose if I must pay you a compliment, then it might be fair to say that Trixie does not find your scatterbrained endurance to be entirely without its charm.” She flashed an innocent smile at her friend. It felt good to think of her like that.

“Hah, 'scatterbrained endurance.' Good one. Here, let me take those.” Spike reached out for her bag, she had left her cape and hat at home, which she allowed him to take, with a pleasant nod. He was a good boy. A scamp and a dragon, but a good boy.

“Alright,” Twilight said, finally emerging fully from behind her stacks, “where were we?”

“Well, I know last time we left off on Parsimmion's treatise on the 'faenum fenum' effect, but Trixie was hoping we might skip ahead to—”

Knock! Knock! Knock!

“Who could that be?”

“Probably just somepony who wants to borrow a book,” Twilight shrugged. “This is a library, after all.” Lowering the book that Trixie had not even noticed her pick up, Twilight made her way over to the front door, giving it a nice, dramatic door opening sound.

“Twilight! And Trixie's here too! Perfect!” A strange creature with a bright red mane and wiggly paws instead of hooves frantically burst through the front door. “This concerns you both!”

“Doctor? What are you doing here?” Trixie cried in sheer disbelief. “Twilight and I were just about to do a little studying.”

“No! No time for that! I need you to come back with me. Back . . . to a year that comes later on this linear time line!”

“Doctor, what do you mean? What happens to Twilight and I in the future? Do we become a couple of,” she caught Twilight giving her the evil eye out of the corner of her own and stopped, “well, you know.”

“No, no, Trixie, you and Twilight turn out fine.” Both unicorns breathed a heavy sigh of relief. “It's your kids,Trixie! Something's got to be done about your kids!”

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 13 )

And so it seems that I am not the only person who thinks Trixie and the Doctor would make an interesting team of ponies :twilightsmile: *also has a Trixie/Doctor-ish fic.

I shall read more into this later *adds to watch list*

... Woah. You uploaded the entire thing at once? You could've at least done a once-a-day sort of thing; fifty million chapters all at once is a bit of a turn-off.

However, as I am a Whovian, I will read the hell out of this thing and proclaim what I thought of it once I'm done.

It'll be about a week, though.

HAHAHAHA Back to the future reference! Man this was a great story and I dislike how it has so few views and likes, keep it up! Btw major whovian right here... ENJOY THE STACHES!!!!:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

1448321 Thanks so much for the interest! I'll be honest, Trixie was just the only option for the story I wanted to tell. I needed a unicorn to do magic and had a personality I could play off of, but was not so well defined that I couldn't justifiably make up some stuff. Before writing this, I was Trixie neutral. Now she's my desktop background.1448604 Your dedication is commendable and appreciated! Honestly, I've never written a fan work, so I guess I misjudged how a completed work would be received. Should I ever think up another one of these, I will definitely take heed of how well the more episodic releases seem to work. Thanks!1449299 I know, right! 1451922 Dennis seemed like a silly name for a pony. That is literally his entire story. 1454676 Whoa. Dem staches. Your offer of lip hair truly humbles me. Really though, the praise means a lot. I hope some more readers end up liking it too, but a reaction like yours is worth the tireless hours of fun I put into writing this thing. Never miss an opportunity to make a BttF reference. 1463434 No. No, it couldn't be. Unless . . . 1464754 Somepony has to play the baddie, but try not to distress. Misdirection is all part of the act.

1466814 WOO!!!! Im noticed:heart:

Try changing th picture of the story to make it more interesting and related to the story. Also if your making more doctor related stories, I'll follow you... wait I think its called watching? Anyways favorited :twilightblush:

It is awesome. So awesome, I can't find words. Trixie with her BOASTFULNESS is the perfect companion for Trixie.. I mean, Doctor! He sure got a good look at himself and why others think he's irritating, right? Also, as proud Trixie admirer glad to see you made her the sole reason of that time paradox, thus making her ego inflate even more. Trixie deserves no less!

But yeah, you'll get more comments and views if you, say, upload one chapter per day.

1466849 You took the time to notice me, more than fair I return the favor. Thanks again. 1467469 Thanks so much! It honestly means a lot when someone takes the time and effort to say so. 1470879 Your valid suggestions disgust me. I will continue looking for a better image, but to me that one is bizarrely interesting. Understandably an acquired taste, though. Really appreciate all the kind words and praise, but, to be entirely honest, I can't guarantee another fic here. That is kind of why the Doctor ended up where he did at the end, so I would be locked out of rehashing anything. This was the first fan work I have done and it was mostly an experiment to see if I could do it. The fact that it was incredibly fun and I feel a little wiser about how the whole internet fanfic business is done now kind of has me considering trying it again, but I'll only do it if I actually have another story to tell, not just to see if I can get bigger numbers next to those little thumbs up top, like my vanity keeps insisting I should. I hope you enjoy your overly long response that is not at all justified by the length of the comment it is intended to answer. Cheers. 1486072 No, you're awesome. Like Trixie. Trixie awesome. Almost. She has a hat. Wizard hats are pimp. That is a thing. Anyway, thank you thank you and I am glad you appreciate that Trixie is indeed the center of the universe. I will keep the one per day deal in mind for if/when there's a next time. I'd tell myself in the past, but my TARDIS is out of unicorn.

Thanks, really, tremendously, very much to everyone else who has favorited and viewed. Perhaps this gesture is too little and I should be thanking everyone specifically, (All this crap is legit still new to me. Seriously, I don't even have a facebook.) but every gesture of support and interest is very much appreciated.

Great plot? Checked.
Plot twists? Checked.
Doctor at his finest? Checked.
Great and Powerful Trixie at her finest? Double checked.
Great writing and dynamic action? Checked.

Like + Fav? Checked.
You, sir earned it.

This story should not have twenty-two upvotes, but twenty-two hundred. It was, in a word, awesome. Twisty and turny and threw me for a loop more than once or twice or twelve. Trixie was very Donna-like, and Donna was my absolute favorite Companion.

Love it, will recommend it.

“You named your screwdriver 'Sonic?'”

“Well, it is a sonic screwdriver. Why? What do you call your screwdriver?”

“ . . . Charlene.”

That pretty much sold me. I'm not a Dr. Who fan, so a lot of the straight references flew over my head, but between explaining to Trixie and just noting elements within the story I was able to keep up. The humor was a bit dry at points, but enough of it to keep me grinning. The lampshade hanging helped as well. Nothing disarms a 'cliche' moment like noting how cliche it is. The line being delivered by a snarky light blue magic unicorn is just a bonus.

The twists kept me off balance, the action was engaging, and Trixie was Trixie. What else needs to be said? Well done. Thumbs up.

Login or register to comment