• Published 10th Oct 2012
  • 4,161 Views, 173 Comments

More than This - Damocles23



What's the difference between love and need?

Comments ( 35 )

The end's always a bit bittersweet. But I think I ended on a happy note. See ya 'round.

A fittingly sweet ending, but marred by a plethora of errors throughout the work. Still, I'm glad I read it, and you have a thumbs up.

Lovely story, man. You had me tearing up at points, especially the near-death chat.

The plethora of errors weren't bad enough to distract most of the time, but who was talking was extremely hard to discern at times like the hospital talk.

Something that does bother me though is what you left out: what was the secret, what was going on with her parents, and why the hell did her mom never show up again after he died?

2656401

I wanted it to be as ambiguous as possible but I'll clarify it a little. Basically, Tiara's dad was already dying and the secret was kept to her to his last day and beyond. Her mother participated in the ruse and, even if the two didn't get along, left because she couldn't bear to see her daughter being kept in the dark about such an important thing.

oddly enough whenever i read a chapter from this and the title this song always enters my head

2656580

No, I got that part from the text. I meant what's going on with the implication that she isn't his daughter?

Just read the whole thing in one go. This is a pretty solid work in my estimation.
Also I do like the fact that, given the weight of the drama in this work, you made the head[edited from point for clarity] of the love-triangle choose a side.

Thought I do hope that Applebloom will eventually find somepony to be her's (and her's alone I guess, hah).

2657864

Never sad that. Where did you gather that possibility? :rainbowhuh:

2666011

Thank you! You have no idea how hard it was to think of a ending! Speaking of Applebloom maybe there is somepony waiting for her. Maybe a little orange pegasus that will have her chance in a spin off :scootangel:

You have any idea how hard it is to write this level of drama with your favorite characters? Really difficult.

2666095

I'll have to look for the quote later, but in one of the flashback conversations between her parents the wording of her mother seemed to indicate this.

Nice ending. Bittersweet, but I guess it was the only way it could end.

BTW, I see this as a movie, and the song "More Than This" plays in the credits. Well done.

And now the Scootaloo chronicles may begin. Right at the Moment when Spoon parts with her in their enraged states.
How she loves and what comes out of it. Maybe she loves so many of them until one day she gives up and only then finds true happiness.
The day love finds her, not the other way around.
Who will be that one love?
How many adventures will she go through until her lonely road crosses with the right one?
We may never know.....Or will we?
Really touching story man. I draw my hat. :twilightsmile:

Dragon:moustache:

2730355

Oooh, you flatter me, :pinkiesmile:

2730853
Oh really? :rainbowderp:
Didn't notice that. :rainbowhuh:
And make a sequel. Pleeeeeeeaaaaase!!!!! :pinkiesad2::fluttershysad::applecry:

Dragon:moustache:

So whatever happened between Silver Spoon and Scootaloo? Did they ever mend ways?

2734387

Maybe one day...Who knows...?:pinkiesad2:

More Than This sequel?

2735396

A spin off is in the work like I mentioned earlier.

i.imgur.com/icDAk.gif
All the feels, fantastic story!

Aww.. its over. This is a great story. You have gotten a new watcher. I will definitely be checking out your other stories. :twilightsmile:

Goddangit this story was fucking beautiful.
The emotion, the clop, the scene-building, the body language, the dialogue, all of it was freaking perfect.

You really had me going until the last second.
While I was personally hoping she'd get with Applebloom, the ending was still very nice.


Only real errors I noticed were the occasional double-spaces and you had the 'I' in Silver Spoon capitalized quite a few times.
Besides those, nothing stood out to mar this fantastic story.

Fimfiction needs more quality Diamond Tiara fics like these:moustache:

3032522

Thank you. It's always nice to hear of a job well done. I know there may be some mistakes here and there, but I'm still so proud of this story. Thank you for having enjoyed it so!

I completely lost track of who is talking here.

SS: “So, I guess you still want me, right?”

DT: “Now and forever. I’m yours.”

SS: “I’m a horrible pony.”

DT: “You’re not. You were just desperate. I’ve been there.”

SS: “I’m jealous and violent to say the least. I’m also dumb.”

DT: “True. But at least you don’t smell.”

SS: “But you’re okay with that?”

DT: “I still love you. Everypony makes mistakes.”

SS: “You’re too kind with me. I don’t deserve it.”

DT: “That’s also true. The kindness part I mean,” Tiara snickers

3468167
Looks like you got it :pinkiesmile: I don't like to peer dialogue with constant remidners of who's talking. I like to make the most important dialogues flow naturally. Also, I checked your tumblr. Loving it.

That was undoubtedly THE BEST SILVER SPOON AND DIAMOND TIARA SHIP FIC EVERRRRRRRRRR!!!:pinkiehappy::raritystarry::twilightsmile:

3468208

Oh, glad you enjoyed it to the end. :pinkiesmile: Hope you'll enjoy its spin off.
P.S.
It's coming :twilightsmile:

Bravo, bravo! An excellent, error-infested read, good sir! Encore, encore!

Great story! A little too sappy and angst-filled for my personal tastes, but still a great story.

This was one of the first stories I read here on this site. I was terrible at writing and incredibly shy at the time I never said anything.

I really loved this story. :heart:

4667495 Glad you enjoyed it, no matter when you read it. :twilightsmile:

3468247 wait wait WHAT SPINOFF!!?:pinkiegasp:

5168117 Not tears but urine, that's what I meant :twilightsheepish: Diamond Tiara wasn't exactly in the best mood ever to say the least. Also, yeah, I was planning on a spinoff about Scootaloo. Maybe after I finish my other fics.

5168460 It's called foreshadowing. She feels that omen of misfortune right in her bones. It's not a dream.

5168142 Yeah i kinna figured thats what you meant. I guess i would be upset too if I thought for a moment someone was pissing all over my dad's funeral :rainbowlaugh:

I would really like to see Silver and Scoots make up. They seemed like quite the pair as friends. I guess where there is a dry Silver Spoon there is hope :raritywink:

really like the story first reading it i thought it was a DiamondBloom considering i ship them both but nevertheless still amazing
sucks tht Apple Bloom doesn't end up with Diamond TIara ah well

7207997 Yeah. Everyone has that reaction.

Login or register to comment