• Published 8th Oct 2012
  • 3,919 Views, 29 Comments

Under The Milky Way - Closer-To-The-Sun



While stargazing up at the night sky, Twilight Sparkle notices an object falling down to Equestria. What is that strange blue box and who is that even stranger stallion who calls himself the Doctor?

  • ...
5
 29
 3,919

Epilogue: Waitin' For Superman

Epilogue: Waitin’ For Superman

Sitting at her desk in the library, Twilight Sparkle took a piece of parchment out and placed it on the flat surface. Looking at the blank sheet in the candlelight, the mare took a quill with her magic and began to write a note.

Dear Doctor,

How are you doing? This is Twilight Sparkle of Equestria. I know it’s been quite a long time since our encounter with one another, I would say about five years. I honestly don’t know how you would get this letter for that matter. And I know it sounds silly, but everyday I think about your visit to Ponyville.

Quite a bit has happened since your visit. First off, I think about what you said about the future for my town, and I had no idea what that could have meant back then. But now, I think it was your way of telling me that I would become mayor. It’s still a shock to me, but after Mayor Mare retired, most of the citizens of Ponyville wanted me to fill the void. It’s still beyond me, but everything is running very smoothly here.

Also, if you remember my assistant Spike, he has grown-up quite a bit. He’s about as big as me, if you can believe it. He also just grew wings. They are still really weak, but he keeps insisting on flying high in the sky like the pegasus ponies. I guess that’s his determination at work.

Twilight paused from her writing to look out her window. Observing the late night sky just on the other side, she touched her short mane. She then continued her writing.

Do you remember our first meeting in your machine? I believed you called it a ‘TARDIS’ or something of that sort. Anyway, I do remember being very angry at you for allowing my mane to get burnt after being shocked by your machine. Well, one of my friends, Rarity, insisted that I keep my mane short that fashion, stating it was manageable for me as well as a ‘look I could pull off’. While I wasn’t a fan of it to begin with, I suppose I wanted to keep it since I wanted to remember you in some small way. Daft, I know, but I guess I just miss you.

That evening you left, I regretted not going with you immediately. It may have been the way you painted the picture of the universe, or perhaps it was how you literally fell out of the sky and captured my imagination. Everyday I think about what I could have seen traveling with you. I really should have taken you up on your offer.

Pausing again, Twilight sighed and thought for a moment. She then resumed her writing with the quill scratching echoing in the dark library.

I do miss you, Doctor. I know you were here only momentarily, but that moment changed my life forever. It’s hard to meet such an individual as yourself and go on with my life as if nothing ever happened. I know I never said it to you, but I promised I would never forget you. And I know you said that you remember me, but sometimes it feels like you have forgotten about me. I know not to expect you to come back, but I will still keep waiting for you to return. Maybe I’m just being silly with all this thinking. At least I am able to write this to get all of this off my chest.

Bringing her head up from the parchment, Twilight’s ears perked up at a familiar sound. It was a whirring coming from outside. Looking out the window, she saw a blue box. Abandoning the desk and her letter, she rushed down to the front door of the library. Bursting out of the building, she galloped up to the blue box. Knocking her hoof on the door a few times, the doors opened inward with lights from inside pouring out. Amongst the light was a brown stallion.

Shielding her eyes from the bright light, Twilight spoke, “Doctor?”

The light died down and the stallion smiled, “Hello, Ms. Sparkle.”

Finally getting a better look at the stallion, she saw the Doctor just as he did before, not aged a day, “Doctor, you’re back! I thought you forgot about me!”

“I told you I wouldn’t,” the Doctor’s infectious smile beamed at the purple unicorn. He looked at her from horn to hoof before continuing, “You look as brilliant as ever.”

Sheepishly blushing at his words, Twilight looked away momentarily before asking a question, “Is the offer still open?”

“It always has been.”

With those words, the two ponies entered the TARDIS. The blue box then began to vanish from sight.

END

Comments ( 8 )

And the ending is an opening for more. Brilliant :pinkiehappy:

That end just screams sequel. Therefore I shall keep my eye out. :pinkiehappy:

yea even though it was five years for twilight it was probably a day for the doctor

Nice ending - or shall I say, beginning?
I think I like your 'open-ending' stories more than your finished ones.

2336437 But, he is the Doctor! Just because he's a pony doesn't mean he has to play by the rules! xD

Such a lovely story, I love it!

6788548 There have been, if I remember correctly, four versions of K-9.

Oh come on they knew each other for like 3 days or so

Login or register to comment