• Published 14th Oct 2012
  • 1,283 Views, 16 Comments

That Moment In A Game - StarSorio



Luna plays a game and have an... unmentionable moment

  • ...
5
 16
 1,283

Putting A Title Here Would Be Redundant

“Hey Luna, what are you doing?” Celestia asked as she trotted into room her sister’s room.

“Oh, we are, I mean, I’m testing out a new system!” Luna replied, pointing to the wired metal box with a glass frame on her table, with a hoof. On this frame was text of various colors in front of the black background. Before this box was a pad with a few buttons on it. “It’s called a ‘Game box.’ Though a wholly unoriginal name, it’s quite a fascinating device! It allows one to play a ‘videogame,’ which is like stories you can interact with!”

“Really sister? Fascinating. Yet, forgive me but I swear I've seen something like this before.”

“One; stop using ‘sister’. It's kinda annoying to use such formality when no one is around. Two; yes, I believe there are systems not entirely unlike this, yet this is different. ” She waved her hoof around the 12 inch by 12 inch block. “This device is designed to be portable, so ponies could move it at will.”

“... Portable?” Celestia cast a skeptical gaze on the cube. Sure, it was a lot smaller than other systems, yet it was still big enough to be cumbersome to hold. Unless you were a unicorn, and even still it could get tiring holding the thing all the time. “It looks more like somepony would call a console.”

Luna just shrugged inwardly. “Admittedly, it could be a bit... refined, yet it’s still in it’s testing stages. This is not the final design. The ones designing this have sent this to ponies who signed up to test it and see how it can work and be improved. Right now they’ve only sent their most basic designs”

She held a floppy disk in her hoof “This will allow me to play a game on this system. The one currently in the Game Box is ‘Trade Wars,’ a text adventure game where you’re a space trader where you buy things and sell them to you can raise enough money to buy things like better ships and other things to help raise your place in space!“

“So, you’re just buying and trading until you have enough virtual money for things?” asked Celestia

“Well, there's a few other aspects, but that’s the general gist of what you’re doing.” said Luna, with a shy smile.


Celestia rolled her eyes. “Next you might as well say the next big hit is going to be mining into caves and making tools for minerals or something.”

“Well, I wouldn’t be too surprised, it’s a big world sis.” said Luna with a smile more smug

This, of course, caused the white alicorn to place a hoof right on her forehead. “Well, alright then. Go ahead and do what you must. Just remember, we have a meeting to attend later.” Celestia walked out the door and closed it behind her.

“Don’t worry, I won’t!” Luna turned back to the system and started to play.


Trade Wars!

---

Please enter your name

>>Luna

Welcome to the Corporation Luna!

You’ll have to start with a ship so you can start moving through sectors.

Before that, do you want to make yourself a voyager name or use your put name? [Y/N]

>>Y

Please enter your voyager name.



“Hmm, what should I choose...” said Luna, thinking aloud. “I should put something that suits me. Hmm, Oh, I know the perfect name!”

>> Dr.Who


Luna was a fan of the show “My Little Bro, Alliances Are Enchanting” that came out around 2 years ago. Despite being originally aimed towards little colts, it had a massive mare fanbase. She decided to use the human version of “Doctor Whooves,” a show she also liked a lot.



Welcome to the Galaxy Dr.Who. You are about ready to be sent out, just a few more things. You will start with a Merchant Ship, but will be able to upgrade later.

What will you name your ship?

>>Tardis

“I mean what other name would I give it? The StarFox?”

Great! Now one last thing. What will you name your home planet?

Luna tapped her hoof on her muzzle “Hmm, what name? I forgot The Doctors planet name and even still I’m not sure if I want to use it. Hmm...”

As Luna fidgeted, she decided to put in what class of planet it was.

>> M

Okay then. You’re all set!

“Oops. Oh, who cares? What is a name!?” Luna chuckled inwardly. “A miserable little pile of letters. Or in this case one. But enough talk, have at you!”


“And this is why we think that these technological advances have their pros and cons.” Said the grey pony in the suit.

“That is an interesting report sir. We’ll be sure to put it to high consideration. Luna?”

And then, if I got enough funds for a cargo ship, I could make credits in record time! Then I’d get an even better ship! And with a better ship comes better stuff! And whatever else there is! It’s golden I say, golden!

“Yes sister, we will.” Luna was paying minimal attention, her mind was focused on strategies on the game. She just nodded when asked her opinion or something close enough. Besides, when you’re in the middle of politics how can you not have your mind wander every which way but loose?

“Very well. It’s been an honor talking to you princesses, and I do hope you take some sort of duty upon this.”

Hehe, he said duty. Thought Luna.

...I’m so mature. Alicorn almost as old as the land, makes a duty joke like a foal. Oh whatever.

“So Luna,”said Celestia suddenly. “what did you think of that pony’s essay?”

“Um... well, I didn’t.” Luna said as innocently as possible.

Celestia gave her a look of scorn, which softened to amusement. “Oh Luna, you’ve got to learn how to take part of these political matters. It’s a big part of being a princess. Admittedly, no one likes them but somepony has to do it, and you’re about 10 centuries overdue.”

“I know I know. I just need some time to get used to these new ways of doing things.”

“If Nightmare Night ever taught us anything. I swear you really defined that title.” said Celestia, smiling to herself.

Luna punched her sisters side. “Oh hush up Tia!!”

The white alicorn giggled in response. “Alright, alright. Well anyway, it’s time for us to head back to our Dorms. Call me if you need anything.” Celestia walked away.

Luna knew exactly what she was going to do. She went back to her room and turned on the Game Box again. For such a simplistic game, it was surprisingly addictive. For the most part Luna has been learning the ups and downs of Trade Wars, as well as adding more colonists to her planet to increase production to get more profits. Other than that, Luna just got a few minor pieces of equipment as well and just raising funds by trading.

Luna booted the system up, her golden plan of getting a better ship still ripe in her thoughts.

Trade Wars!

---

Please enter your Password

>>*****

Welcome Luna.

You have been on today

View today's log?[Y/N]

“Ehh, why not?”

>>Y

Sir.Bakes.a.lot claimed a new planet!

SPES lost a duel with an Alienship!

Purple Fang got a new ship!

Sergeant Sprinkles targeted your ship!

Attempted to flee.

Attempt failed!

Sergeant Sprinkles ship Rainbow Apple took on Dr.Who ’s Tardis!

Dr.Who was overwhelmed! Dr.Who barely manages to escape into an **ESCAPE POD**

Dr.Who ’s ship was *DESTROYED* by Sergeant Sprinkles!

Luna blinked. What? I just turn this off for a few hours and somepony decides that it’s a good idea that they wreck my stuff? Ugh, this greatly hinders my progress, Now I’ll be stuck with a lesser ship for a while with only half cargo holds then normal and weaker defences. Ugh. The next few lines pleased Luna greatly however.

A Nuclear Reaction was triggered!

Sergeant Sprinkles was hit for fatal damage! The ship commander barely manages to enter an **ESCAPE POD**

Sergeant Sprinkles ship was *DESTROYED* !

Luna let loose one of the most sinister smiles. When she was messing around before, she went to Starport to get some defences. Sadly her ship was not made for any weapons, she could only get fighters. However, there was one thing she could buy. The Carbonite Reactor, or as she now liked to call it, The Karma Bomb, which does massive damage to anyone who destroys your ship.

“At first I thought it may have been a waste of 1 grand, now I think I might get more!” said Luna(I mean who else?) “But now I’m pretty much broke. I must return to my planet to get stuff to sell. After I get a replacement ship, of course.”


How many pieces of Organics do you want to sell? [10]

>>10

Agreed,

We are having a “hump” day!

“TMI.” said Luna

We’ll buy it for 1,034

>>1,940

Very well, we’ll take that offer

For your good trading you get 2 Experience Points!

You have 20,436 credits

“I like how this guy didn’t complain when I nearly doubled my cost when other ports get upset when I charge just 3 extra bits.” Luna remarked.

“Hey sister,” The door swung open to reveal Celestia. “It’s about time to raise the moon.”

“Huh?” Luna turned away to see her sister at her door. “Really?”

“Yes Luna. Don’t tell me you forgot.”

“Well,” Luna fidgeted. “Maybe I kind of had it slip my mind.”

“Seriously? The thing you once threatened to make eternal? How could you, of all ponies, forget about this?”

“Well, I just got caught up in this software I guess.” Luna said, shrugging.

Celestia raised an eyebrow. “Seriously? That’s all it takes? Normally you’re the one reminding me it’s time to lower the sun.”

“Yeah, I know”

Celestia continued “And you do it like ‘Now the sun has set for the last time, it is time for a new era to rise!’”

“Okay okay thats enough”

The white alicorn grinned. “Remember this day little ponies, for it was your last.”

“Seriously Tia, I get I-”

“From this moment forth, Zha night,” Pause for dramatic effect. “Will Last,” Celestia was smirking evilly now. “FOREVA!” Celestia broke into hysterics, partly out of character and partly out of self amusement.

Which was cut off by a pillow thrown at her face. “Alright alright! I’ll get to it right now.” Luna stepped out of her balcony and activated her magic. Not in the mood to do anything majestic, she simply tapped into her magic sources and raised the big sphere of rock into the sky.

“There Tia.” Luna turned back to her sister, who was still laughing to herself. “Oh haha, spent all day practicing just so you could rehearse that?”

“I have actually.” Said the giggling Alicorn. “So how has the little project been going?”

Luna walked back to the device. “Great actually! I spent a great deal of time playing, but now I got enough credits to make some real progress!”

“I’ll sure say you spent a long time on this. You didn’t even come to dinner!”

“Yes, and I do partly regret missing out on the special carrot soup we were having this night, but my time was not wasted!” Luna placed her hooves on the gamepad. “I now have enough credits for a new ship and to truly advance in this game!”

“Oh really, let’s see.” Celestia sat behind her sister, watching the text appear on the box as Luna pressed various buttons.

Moving to Starport

Docking.

What do you wish to do?

>> Shipyard

You enter the shipyard.

Somepony walks in, the one in charge of the Shipyard.

Well hello there! What can I do for you?

>>New Ship

Alright then. Do you want to trade in your current ship?[Y/N]

>>Y

Alright.

Your ship is in decent shape

With all the upgrades you’ve made to your ship, you can trade it in for 20,624 credits

You still interested?

>>Y

Alright then! You have 41,060 Credits What ship are you interested in?

Luna browsed through the list of available ships. She originally planned to get her normal ship back, but more ships were available, ships she could have sworn were not as cheap the last time she checked. Especially this one.

>>N

Ah, I see you’ve chosen Kani-Neigh-Orin, a ship with good speed, firepower, and better cargo.

That will cost you 41,030 Credits.

>>Y

Okay then,

Personal ship or Corporate?

>>Personal

Name?

>>Tardis

It’s all yours!

“That’s how we do! I love that new ship smell!” Luna cheered.

“Not bad Luna.” commented Celestia.

What will you do?

>> Move

“Now that I’ve got a new ship, I’m pretty much broke. But it was worth it! Now, to get back to my own planet and get stuff to sell so I can start making funds again a-”



Warning!! Asteroids hazard in sector!

Failed to avoid them!

Your ship was hit for 20 damage!!

Ship took lethal damage! Quickly escaped into an **ESCAPE POD**

Your ship was *DESTROYED*!

Well, looks like that new ship smell was too distracting. Thought Celesia to herself.

Luna was stunned. Her mouth was still hanging open and her body was completely motionless.



Save for the twitching of one eye.

~~~

Shining Armor was standing on the castle walls, sending orders to the Night Guards. It would be awhile before Cadence would be able to come around from her homeland, but till then he had a job to do.

His ear twitched and he turned his head to the castle. Next thing he knew, he was threatened to be blown away for a moment by language as old, and certainly as colorful, as the Elements of Harmony themselves, coming from said castle.

Shining, after the shockwave passed, just stood there blinking, before simply sighing.

“Those ships really should have a warranty. Or at least insurance.”

“It’s just That Moment In A Game!” Said Pinkie Pie, grinning.

“Yeah. Wait, where’d you come from?!”

Comments ( 16 )

This is what basicly happened to me when i playied trade wars:trollestia:

and ps that part that goes "sid luna(who else)", i put that purely for comdey, i know you don't normaly put that.

Mhmm, "hump day", and they're buying organics... Perhaps they don't have enough wood.:trollestia:

"My little bro, Alliances are enchanting."

hasn't everyone who plays games had that happen, at least once (read a lot more then once [a whole lot])? :derpyderp1:

1438001

free shipping

Do you do AppleDash?

1437249 Awww, the picture link doesn't work for me! :pinkiesad2: cute icon btw!

1437869 Yep...that's why i wrote this,:twilightsheepish:

1438008 Sorry i deleted the comment, my comment box is not Advertizing space. :trixieshiftleft:
At least not free advertising space. :pinkiecrazy:

That ending :rainbowlaugh:

faved

Oh man, this was good! I hope theres some type of sequel, this made me laugh a lot! :twilightsheepish:

1438797 Eeyup! Poor Luna. :trollestia:

1438881 Yep, :yay:

And sorry, i have to many other projects to work on, I might do more od this if it gets popular enough, but otherwise...

:pinkiesmile:<He's really just playing minecraft all day. Don't mention the word Creeper or Lava.

1439176
Nether. Diamond. Griefer. Skeleton. Zombie. Spider.
oh and
Lava. Creeper.

sorry, just couldn't reist :trollestia:

1439332
Dimonds... redstone...gold...echantments.....fire....
denver.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw614_130480417058.jpg
...Lol, just kidding, i only have pocket edition, it donesn't even have lava :trollestia:

Use the seed "nether"
Butt-tons of lava :3

Oof, bad RNG. Happens to the best of us.

Login or register to comment