• Published 1st Jun 2023
  • 271 Views, 3 Comments

I Love the Star in You - Twilyx360

  • ...
0
 3
 271

Chapter 7

Argyle and Shining finished up book 3. And the last chapter blew their minds.

“What in the?… this has to be fictional right?” Asked Argyle.

He immediately closed the book. Each book had it’s volume title with a circle that had illustrations of the cutie marks of the six ponies in the book.

With a logo in the center that said. “My little pony: friendship is magic” and at the bottom. “Written by: Twilight Sparkle”

“So she’s a Unicorn turned Alicorn Princess now?” Asked Shining.

“Hmm.” The two wondered.

1 month later

After finishing the third book. Continued to read through book four. And they finished in less than a month. Mostly because they were so invested in it to call it their favorite. And soon they started on book five and went through half of it. Until they had to stop due to winter wishday approaching.

Both Argyle and Shining originally wanted to stay home together like last time. Maybe continue their research on the books and investigate them further. As they had been doing that while they were reading. Until a letter arrived.

“To Argyle Starshine Scout. You are invited to the maretime bay wishday gala. A festive event held at the canterlogic pavilion.

The event will include a play along with a party afterwards where ponies can promptly dance the night away.

Signed Canterlogic CEO. Happy Winter wish day.

Additional note for Argyle: your friend is also invited.”

Argyle looked over at Shining. “I know you don’t do well in crowds. I don’t either. So I’m only going if you are. Plus you would need me anyway. So you want to go?”

Shining Star was on the couch drawing a pencil sketch of Twilight Sparkle with the body stretched out. To help her and Argyle to better understand what she looked like as an Alicorn.

She looked over at Argyle, sighed and told him. “Actually. It doesn’t sound bad. And I’m tempted to see whatever this play is.

I’m sure ponies are curious about me. That letter proves it. Maybe this is how I get out there.”

“You don’t want them to get too curious though.

I know you walked along on the strip and beach just fine even with other ponies around. I was there for all of it.

And well… you kinda built my confidence for that too.” Said Argyle.

Shining put a hoof over her mouth. “Oh Argyle. Thank you.” She put the drawing down and hugged him.

“Actually, thank you.

Shining Star I honestly adore you.

And that’s why I’m worried.” Said Argyle.

Shining blushed “I know. We’ve been over this.

What do you think ponies think of me now though?

After all, we've been reading these books. Aren’t you curious about how ponykind became so divided? Maybe we could gain some insight. Not just on what everypony thinks of Unicorns and Pegasi but who these ponies are.

And could these ponies let that negativity go because of who they are?” Asked Shining.

Argyle sighed. “You’re really smart, you know that.

It’s not a guarantee but you’re onto something.

Hmm, Something tells me we’re only at the beginning of this mystery.”

Shining thought about it and laid back on the sofa. “Ok then. Yes I’ll go. And thanks for the compliment. It always makes me feel important somehow.” She smiled.

“You’re important to me either way. I just hope I can be just as important for you.” Said Argyle blushing knowing the answer.

“Of course you are!” Shining blushing. “You’re going to be my plus one for a reason. And look it’s going to be more bearable with you. I know that for a fact.” She said springing off the sofa with glee.

Argyle sprung up too. “Yeah! You’re right. I don’t know what it is but we just seem to have this thing. Where we relate to each other a lot. And through those insecurities we just let them go at the same time.

In other words.

We really are the best things that ever happened to each other!” Said Argyle tapping his hoof.

“Why are you dancing?” Asked Shining.

“Look who’s talking!” Said Argyle.

In no time at all Shining and Argyle was dancing and sliding across the room. “I really need to finish that drawing.” Said Shining chuckling.

===

That night the two went to their rooms for the night. Shining was still a little bit jumpy.

She was going to attend an actual dance and play with Argyle she jumped around squeeing “yes! yes! yes!”

“Imagine if I held his hoof… at the play.” And she squealed. “This is gonna be the night of our lives!”

Argyle was also getting ready for bed.

And he couldn’t wait to do these things with Shining tomorrow. “Well, look at you.” He said smiling in a mirror. “You’re going to a gala with… her. Oh, her, the one, the only Shining Star! The best mare in equestria ever!”

Argyle ‘dance walked’ to the bed. Excited. “Ah miss Shining Star may I have this dance?” He said, holding out his hoof as he laid into his bed. Falling asleep.

His confidence was reassured and his worries lifted.

Eventually Shining was asleep too.

Both dreamed about holding each other in their hooves on the dance floor.

The next day: winter wishday

Argyle opened the door. “Ready?” Shining was prancing out of the lighthouse. “More than ever!”

And they closed the door.

On the strip both Shining and Argyle were ‘dance walking’ towards canterlogic. Cheering as they went.

Soon they made it to the pavilion door. And after showing the invitation they went inside. And saw the crowd of ponies in their seats in front of a stage.

After finding their seats they sat patiently for the show to begin.

Then it happened. The show started.