• Published 1st Jun 2023
  • 271 Views, 3 Comments

I Love the Star in You - Twilyx360

  • ...
0
 3
 271

Chapter 5

Argyle put the paper on his desk and the two looked at it intently.

It had markings of a dotted line leading to an X. The map was drawn in the same way the beach’s coastline was. This was only one thing.

And the two lit up with excitement as they both said. “It’s a treasure map!”

===

The next morning the duo had a pair of shovels. And a treasure map. With only one goal. To find the real gold in an actual buried treasure in maretime bay itself.

They followed the line all the way to the X marking the spot. The location was right next to a cave.

And given that the north arrow on the map’s compass pointed away from the coastline area. Near a rugged area of rocks and caves. “This has to be it.” Said Argyle.

And he drew an X in the sand with his shovel.

The two smiled at each other when Argyle said. “Dig in.”

And the two started digging deep into the sand. As they went further down Shining Star hit something with her shovel.

“I think I got it!” She shouted.

She dug around the area, and she hit it again. Argyle and Shining quickly got to work dusting it off.

And there it was wood and iron. Curved into a chest.

After they cleared the top off. They dug around it completely to get it out of the sand.

Eventually they uncovered the whole chest.

What was odd though was that there weren’t any locks. Only two latches.

And so, they got to work lifting it out and carrying it back to the lighthouse.

===

At the lighthouse they opened the two latches and opened it together. They prepared themselves to look in the chest and saw…

Nine huge books.

“What in the world?” Asked Argyle in confusion. “Ok. Not the most unusual thing to find in a treasure chest.”

Shining looked at the book's spines in confusion. “They all say, Friendship is Magic. With a volume number. So, all Nine of these are volumes of this?” Asked Shining.

“Friendship is Magic?” Asked Argyle. He reached into the chest and picked up the first book. He flipped through the pages and read aloud what he found. “Written by… Twilight Sparkle? Look! Here are the chapter titles. And there are Twenty-six chapters?”

The two looked at each other in confusion.

“Well, I guess we gotta read it.” Said Shining.

And so, Argyle turned the page to the first chapter and read it. “Once upon a time. In the magical land of equestria…”

6 Months Later

Both Argyle and Shining almost completed the first three books. They still had one chapter to read for volume three though.

They were both hooked on these fascinating tales involving Twilight Sparkle and her friends. Every weekend when they had the time they would read as much as they could.

The most fascinating part of this was whether or not these stories were true. So many questions surrounded them.

When they first started the question was. “She was a unicorn?”

Even more baffling was the existence of Magic. The books described both the heroes and villains using actual real magic.

For years Argyle was led to believe unicorns had magic. When he met Shining Star, this was proven to be false. But the unicorns in the stories had it. So, this proved that magic did used to exist but how was it gone?

Did it just not exist anymore?

But even more baffling was that all three pony kinds all lived together in harmony.

The books had descriptions of a mixture of all three pony kinds living in the same world.

The six friends were all different pony kinds. And yet they had such powerful magic through their friendship they ended up saving the world several times over.

And then of course there were the Princesses. Described to be Alicorns.

Alicorns?

The description made it seem they were literally a mashup of all three pony kinds in one pony. And even more insane, they were basically immortal.

That couldn’t have been true right? If they were immortal, then. Where were they now?

And obviously. Why were these books written? And why were they buried?

These were all fascinating questions to answer to what an amazing series of stories was already.

Whenever they were not reading. They still were still doing well. Life was largely going well for them.

But the most notable thing that would happen little to the other’s knowledge. They would start having a growing romance for each other.

Tonight, was a holiday called Harvest and Hugs Day. It was a day of a feast. Celebrating how grateful and thankful you were to the special ponies in your life.

Because the two still only really had each other they decided to only spend it together. Shining Star quickly became a natural at cooking after she and Argyle prepared the meal.

Ding!

“The pie is done!” Shouted Shining as she opened the oven. And took out the pie.

“Woah. That’s beautiful.” She said.

“Oh absolutely.” Said Argyle. “You know. I had so much fun with you putting this together. I think you created this new efficient style of cooking.” Argyle smiled.

“I did too. You always manage to keep things fun.” Shining smiled and blushed at his sentiments.

“You did too. You already know you kept me laughing.” He said.

“Like the time we went shopping when I was sleep deprived.” Shining Chuckled.

And Argyle was laughing his head off.

“Why did you want all the shoes in the store?” Argyle Chuckled. “Some of them weren’t even your size!”

And then shining started laughing as she put the pie on the table. “Didn’t I want to ride in the grocery cart?” She asked, laughing.

“You actually went in it.” Argyle said just laughing non-stop.

===

After dinner they two hugged each other close.

They had gotten used to cuddling and hugging often and whenever they wanted. As Argyle said. “You should never be afraid to ask for a hug.”

They were snuggling and thinking about how wonderful the other was. Shining even occasionally snuggled into him like a cat.

“You want to read the last chapter of book three?” Asked Argyle.

“Not tonight. I actually wanted to do something else by the beach.” Said Shining.

“Race you to the end of the beach?” Asked Shining.

“That sounds fun. And the air is perfect tonight.” Said Argyle in confirmation and excitement.

And Shining booped Argyle’s nose. Which made him blush.