• Published 1st Jun 2023
  • 271 Views, 3 Comments

I Love the Star in You - Twilyx360

  • ...
0
 3
 271

Chapter 24

Upon waking up. The two were shocked to see that they weren’t in the train station.

But in a dungeon of some kind. Disguises removed. And Shining Star had a tennis ball on her head for some reason.

“What!? My disguises! Shining!?” Shouted Argyle.

“I’m over here!” She shouted from the cell right next to her.

“ATTENTION!” Shouted a voice. They looked in front of their cells to see the one and only… enemy of Zephyr Heights.

“Prince Levitz!” They both said.

He was angry. “You’re not pegasi. So why are you here?” Asked the prince.

There were several cells behind him. Each filled with demoralized and depressed pegasi.

Suddenly a door opened. “My lord! We have another one!” A pony had bought in another pegasi. Wings and hooves binded. Face blindfolded and gagged.

The Prince briefly looked over at their prisoner. And looked pleased. “Nice physique. Good find.” He took the blindfold off the terrified pony as he looked up to him.

“With a look like that. You will make a fine soldier for this regiment.” Then his expression suddenly went sour again.

“But looks aren’t everything!” He said as he suddenly assaulted the poor pony. Suddenly he stopped. “Now get up!” He said, kicking him as he whimpered.

“Lock him away until he gets strong enough to begin his training.” Said the Prince.

Shining and Argyle looked around them. And looked horrified.

“Now! You two are lucky I didn’t rough you up! Because I hate! HATE! Unicorns and earth ponies!

But. I need you two to talk. Because you both know where something I want is.

And you will tell me!” Said the prince.

“What are you talking about!?” Shouted Argyle.

“The crystals! You dope!” Screamed the prince.

“Your kinds stole our crystals! And when I get them back.

All of you will pay the price. For when the three crystals are united. It will actually give the Pegasi a purpose! TO FLY!

FLY to do all of you in! None of you will be any match!” Said the prince.

Argyle and Shining were shocked.

So this is what this was all about. The missing ponies. Political manipulation.

He was kidnapped to make an army to invade the other lands. To take back to unicorn and earth pony crystal. And granting the Pegasi flight in the process.

But how did he know?

“I will not take any chances. Even if you don’t know.” Said the Prince.

“Take chances? You need us to tell you where they are. You think it’s really wise to hurt us? You have no leverage over us.” Said Argyle.

“And even if we knew we wouldn’t say. I had the unicorn crystal but I lost it to some unicorn thugs…

Never to be seen again.” Said Shining.

The prince paused for a second and said. “You’re both smarter than you let on. I must say. I’m impressed.

But not much. There’s no way I’ll be outsmarted by a unicorn and an earth pony.

That’s why I’ll give you two a choice.

How about tell me where the crystals are and in exchange you both get your freedom.”

“What would the point of that be!? You’re just going to take over our homes anyway.

And just to let you know. It won’t work! You can’t give flight back to the pegasi without giving the unicorns magic too.” Said Argyle.

“No, that's where you’re wrong. When the crystals are united. It will take the unicorns magic away.

It was a unicorn who separated them. And kept their magic. But a pegasus who will put them back together and grant the gift of flight in return. Me!” Said the prince.

Argyle was outraged. “You have a gross misunderstanding of how these artifacts work.

Nopony has magic! Including the unicorns! Including her!”

“How dare you!” Said the prince.

“It’s true!” Said Shining shaking. She banged her head against the wall causing the tennis ball to fling off. It ricocheted through the cell bars and right into the prince’s eye. “Agh!” He screamed.

“Now tell me. Why is she not attempting to open the cell bars?” Said Argyle.

“I don’t care!” Said the prince. “Guards! Cut the unicorn’s horn off!”

The guards opened her cell bars and Shining immediately charged into them. Freeing her binders in the process as she got a key ring and freed Argyle from his cell and binders.

When both ponies were freed they both gave the prince and the guards a well deserved knock-out.

Except for one. “Where is our stuff!?” Shouted Argyle.

“They’re just right around the corner…” said the guard. “Good” said Argyle as he head butted the guard and knocked him out.

“Ow…” said Argyle. “First time I ever did that.”

Before they left. They freed several of the Ponies from the cell.

“We’re here to help.” Said Argyle releasing him from his binders.

“Now listen. Break everypony out of this area as fast as you can.

And when you outnumber these guards you’ll have all the time in the world to get your strengths back.

I’m sorry we couldn’t stay. But we’re not a danger. Good luck.” Said Argyle.

And the two ran off leaving the pegasi inside afraid and confused.

And the two ran around the corner to a large central room where they saw their disguises & backpacks on.

They also saw some pegasus armor.

They immediately took their items back and took some of the armor too.

And the kept running until they found a way out.

===

Upon returning to the train station it was already night. They attempted to sneak into the castle again and alert the authorities inside of the sons of the Zephyrs' whereabouts. Given that they escaped their headquarters.

An abandoned research facility below Zephyr Heights proper.

Disguised as guards now Argyle put his on easily. Shining meanwhile struggled into she somehow punctured a hole in her helmet so her horn could fit through. And her horn hidden by the rest of the feathery part on top.

Argyle looked at her relieved. “Good idea love. I was worried about that.” Said Argyle.

Shining walked over to the stairway upward. “What did you think I was going to do? Be your prisoner?” Said Shining, giving him some lovey dovey eyes.

Argyle blushed as they entered the castle halls.

Upon arriving they saw someone in the distance. Wearing a black robe and running at the other end of the hall.

Immediately they gave chase. The figure ran throughout different halls and pathways but they soon caught up to them just before they got outside the castle doors.

Unmasking the figure revealed the face of… the princess herself?

“What the!?” Said Shining.

Suddenly Haven stood up and got defensive. “I wasn’t doing anything wrong! And as Princess… I um… I order you to leave me be!” Before she collapsed again.

Argyle and Shining were completely bewildered. “Uhhh your majesty. We weren’t going to do anything we thought there was… an intruder!” Said Argyle.

Haven struggled to stand up again. She didn’t exactly look well.

“Yeah… if you want to be left alone we’ll leave you to your business.”

Haven stood up and gave an awkward laugh. “Oh well… uhhh. Thank you guards I just need some fresh air. Nothing special.”

And then suddenly they remembered to tell her something important. “Your majesty. We got reports that we found the hideout of Prince Levitz!” Said Shining.

“What!?” Shouted Haven.

“Yes. It’s in an old abandoned research facility beneath Zephyr Heights. Right in the center of all the bridges.” Argyle got out a map of the mountains that was in the armor and showed a dotted line that led right to it.

“This is good! Let’s get this to the council right away!” Said Haven running back the other direction.

“Wait, how do you know this? How did you get this!?” Asked Haven.

“We were patrolling the area and we saw several other pegasi running out of the clouds. We followed them and one of them gave us this.” Said Argyle. It was a lie of course but she seemingly bought it.

“And they were in very bad shape. They were limping and they were fainting. They looked bruised and battered.” Said Shining.

Haven’s breathing got heavy. She looked like she was about to cry. Looking even more sick than before.

“Tell them we need some medics and call some doctors.” Said Shining.

“NO!” Screamed the princess. “I don’t need doctors!” Now she looked terrified and she stepped back.

“But your majesty we never said-“ said Argyle as she fell on her back. “Ow…” she said crying.

“Your majesty!” Shouted them both. Picking her up.

“Thank you… let’s get to the council now.” Said Haven.

Soon all three were in an elevator. And Shining was deep in thought. She looked at Argyle and he went back at her. And asked. “Your majesty? Have you ever talked to anyone about the betrayal of Levitz since it happened?”

Haven’s eyes went wide. “What do you mean?”

Argyle immediately caught onto Shining. “She means have you ever opened up about it?” He said. And Shining nodded yes.

“Well of course I have it’s all over the news.” Said Haven.

“No, no. I mean have you ever opened up to anypony close to you? Did you even say how it made you feel?” Asked Shining. She let out a hoof to her.

Suddenly Argyle frowned. And it all made sense to him. Something he could sympathize with. “Yeah it must’ve been difficult to process with all that… screaming and shouting.”

Shining Star was equally intrigued. “Did anypony even ask you? Or pay attention to you?”

They both reached out their hooves to her and she took them. As the elevator stopped and opened.

As they began to walk out she said. “No. Don’t leave! You’re right.

Nopony asked… you are both the first.” said Haven.

The three walked along. And reached the security council office. “They should all be in today.

You two. Stand guard. Just please don’t leave.” She said as she stepped inside.

===

After submitting the evidence the council immediately ordered search parties into the area. And medics just in case.

Shining and Argyle were still outside when she stepped out. Much to Haven’s relief.

“Please don’t tell this to anypony. You’re right. I need to let this out… to somepony. Anyone…

I’ll try to keep it short. I don’t want to bore you.”

And she began.