• Published 1st Jun 2023
  • 271 Views, 3 Comments

I Love the Star in You - Twilyx360

  • ...
0
 3
 271

Chapter 4

1 week later

Argyle was in the guest bedroom helping Shining literally get back on her feet.

“You can do it. Ok, are you ready to stand on it?” Asked Argyle with his hoof around Shining’s back.

“Yes, let's try it.” Said Shining holding her hoof behind his back.

She lowered her bandaged hoof to the ground. And let go of Argyle and her forehooves fell forward.

“Well?” Asked Argyle.

Nothing was happening. Shining didn’t feel the throbbing pain from before. It was perfectly fine now.

“It feels fine.” Said Shining smiling.

Argyle got off the bed and smiled. “We did it.”

“Yes!” Shouted Shining. She immediately un-did the bandage and started dancing around the room. And then the rest of the house.

“Wait hold on, Shining!” Asked Argyle chased her around the house.

“May I have this dance?” Asked Argyle bowing.

“Sure. I never danced with another pony before.” She smiled and took his hoof, and they danced the day away.

1 month later

Both Argyle and Shining. We were watching a movie together one night when they accidentally slept on the couch together.

By that morning both of them woke up. With their heads back to each other.

“Are you awake?” Asked Shining with her eyes still closed.

“Yeah. What an odd way to sleep.” Said Argyle.

They woke up, looked at each other and giggled.

“How about some classic Argyle style pancakes and tea this morning?” Asked Shining.

“That works for me.” Said Argyle. As he immediately walked over to the stove and started cooking.

With Shining looking over his shoulder to watch and learn herself. “It doesn’t look that hard.” Said Shining.

“You want to make the second one?” Said Argyle handing over the measuring cup.

“Oh! um. Ok I guess I’ll try it.” Said Shining. “You just pour it in the pan, right?”

Argyle nodded yep.

And so, she did. She poured it in perfectly just as the tea finished brewing.

The kettle was screaming. “Oh, there’s the tea.” Said Argyle as he got off the stove and turned the burner off.

Pouring both of them a glass.

“Ok can you flip the pancakes?” Grabbing a spatula. And flipping one in the air perfectly and landing perfectly back in the pan.

“Oh, dear I don’t know.” She said with some concern.

“You don’t have to flip it in the air.” Said Argyle as he handed the spatula over.

And so, she carefully placed it under the pancake and held it with the spatula. She looked at it intently looking at the bottom for the golden brown.

Just as the timer for the pancakes went off.

*Diiiiiing*

That made Shining slightly jump. “Eep!” She ended up catapulting the pancake into the air and it’s batter side landed right on top of the ceiling.

Both of them looked up and saw the pancake above them. And they started laughing. “I can’t believe I just did that!” She said laughing.

Just then the pancake fell off the ceiling and landed perfectly in the pan. And both of them howled laughing.

“How did you even do that!?” Said Argyle.

“I don’t know. But now we need to clean the ceiling, tahhhh!” Said Shining Laughing.

After breakfast Argyle immediately got to work cleaning the batter off the ceiling.

While Shining was looking outside the window at the beautiful beach below.

She wondered how the rest of the town was. Wondering what it would really be like. Even with Argyle’s added details both positive and negative.

Furthermore, she loved having her face in the sun. Back in bridlewood she would step just outside her house just to catch the few rays from the trees.

As she was in deep thought. Argyle stepped next to her and asked. “Want to go outside again? It’s been a while.”

Shining frowned. “I know… but I know it’s not really possible.”

“Well, I wouldn’t go as far as that.” Said Argyle smiling. “It is possible if we can hide your horn. No offense.” Said Argyle.

“None taken. Honestly, I wish I didn’t have this. It’s completely useless, it causes more problems than benefits. I’m always afraid I’m going to poke you in the eye with it.

And if I go outside. It would literally stick out like a stick in the mud.” She said sadly.

Argyle frowned and looked at her. “Don’t say that. You’re perfect with your horn. I could never imagine you without it.” Said Argyle empathetically.

Shining sighed. “Thanks Argyle but. I don’t know…” she placed her hoof on the windowsill and looked outward.

Suddenly Argyle had an idea. He walked over to his office coat hanger where he saw a single beret hat. It was dark blue. And it had a button you could detach from the hem piece to make it bigger.

He took the hat and walked over to her. “We could try this.” Said Argyle detaching the button from the hem piece.

“Hmm. I guess we could try.” Said Shining.

And so, Argyle placed it on her head and her horn fit in perfectly.

“Oh wow.” Said Argyle.

“What is it?” Asked Shining.

“Look!” Said Argyle as he got a mirror and showed it to Shining.

She was impressed. “Oh wow. I like how it contrasts greatly with the light blue of my mane.”

“And it looks the same as if you wore it thin ways.” Said Argyle smiling.

“What if somepony still finds out?” Asked Shining.

“Ok I have a plan. I’ll pretend to take cover from you. And you run back to the lighthouse as fast as you can and hide there until I get back.” Said Argyle.

“Ok.” Said Shining. “Alright Argyle. Let’s do this!” Said Shining with excitement.

“The dynamic duo having a great maretime bay day!” Said Argyle excited as he opened the door and the two of them headed out.

===

The two walked along the main strip. And things were going well.

“Nopony suspects anything.” Said Argyle.

“Yes!” Shining Whispered. “So where are we headed?” Asked Shining.

“Cafe Maretime.” Said Argyle as he rounded the corner of the sheriff’s office and walked towards a dockside cafe.

The two walked inside the restaurant, waited in line and got to the counter. “May I take your order?” Asked the clerk.

“I’d like a hay burger and some extra heated hay fries. And just water for the drink.” He said.

“Alright. And you? You’re with him?” Asked the clerk.

“Yes uh…” Shining trailed off. Not exactly familiar with the food selection. So, she figured. “I’ll just have exactly what he is having.” She said.

“Alright. Here’s a buzzer” and he handed them a small device as the two walked out to a table on the dockside area.

“How do you like it?” Asked Argyle.

“This is amazing! It’s right on the seaside with the sun right in your face. With a gentle breeze. How do you even build this? Eeehehe this is perfect!” Said Shining, smiling enthusiastically.

“That’s right you’ve never been here before. This must be new for you right?” Asked Argyle.

“New and amazing! I love it Argyle I love it!” Said Shining just as the buzzer went off.

Argyle went back inside and got lunch and went back to the table.

After Lunch the two went down to the beach. “Woo! That was the best lunch ever!” Said Shining.

“Wow. You’re really coming out of your shell, aren’t you?” Asked Argyle. Shining sat down on a nearby rock on the sand.

“I guess I am. I just love feeling this much sun. It’s so warm.” She said smiling and giggling.

“It really is beautiful. I lived here my whole life. And I never really took the best days for granted.” Said Argyle sitting down next to her.

Wrapping his hoof around her back. She wrapped her hoof around his.

“This day is magnificent Argyle.” Said Shining with glee. “Can we do today again?”

“Of course, we can Shining.” Said Argyle. “You know. My life has honestly been so much better since you came along.” He said.

“Really?” She said looking at him.

“Yeah. When I first moved to the lighthouse, I was kinda like you. I was so shy and afraid to talk to everypony that I was hesitant to even talk to my own family.

But when you came along. I felt like I made something of myself. I helped you and you became my friend.

I found out all the lies I was told about Unicorns and Pegasi were just that, lies.

I broke out of my fear. I even learned things from you that I wouldn’t have even imagined, and I got your hoof back to health.

Shining you’re just so interesting, cheery and bubbly and lively. I guess that positive energy just kinda impacted me for the best.

I never had a friend like you.” Said Argyle.

Shining looked at him smiling with tears in her eyes.

“Argyle… thank you.” She leaned in and hugged him. He returned the hug.

“If it helps. You’ve made my life better. I’m not afraid of earth ponies or Pegasi anymore.

And I’m not really anxious about meeting ponies anymore either.

And today you helped me find something new and old that I love.

I don’t feel afraid to be outside anymore. And you helped me stay happy when my hoof was hurt.

You’re so caring and kind, smart, knowledgeable, funny and you just always know when to cheer me up.

Thank you so much for healing my hoof back, Argyle.

And well, I love the hat.” Said Shining snuggling into him.

“I know. And I couldn’t be happier. Knowing I mean that much to somepony.

That was beautiful Shining.” Said Argyle.

“I mean it. You’re the best pony alive Argyle.” Said Shining.

“Thank you, Shining.” And now Argyle was crying.

The two snuggled for a good few minutes until they looked at each other and got off the rock feeling better than ever.

But when shining stepped off she landed on something that made a crackling noise.

“What was that?” Asked Argyle.

Shining looked under her hoof. And she saw a piece of paper under the rock.

“What is that?” She asked.

“I don’t know but should we find out?” Asked Argyle.

“Absolutely” Shining Grinned.

And so, the two moved the rock out of the way. It took a lot of strength but eventually they were able to roll the rock on it’s side and free the piece of paper.

Before it flew off Argyle grabbed it. “What is it?” Asked Shining.

“I don’t know, let's get back to the Lighthouse.” Said Argyle and the two made their way back.