• Published 1st Jun 2023
  • 271 Views, 3 Comments

I Love the Star in You - Twilyx360

  • ...
0
 3
 271

Chapter 2

Once inside he saw where she tripped. The bottom of her left backhoof was swollen red.

“I’ve got a bandage here if you need that.” Said Argyle opening a first aid kit.

“Um… Thank you. But you don’t have to do that.” She said.

“But I want to help. You’re hurt, and I’m still helping you.” He said softly as he bandaged her hoof up.

“Mmm.” Said Shining Star as the bandage wrapped around her hoof. She felt a calming sense of comfort as this earth pony helped her out.

When he was finished, he sat beside her and smiled. “I owe you for saving me. But why?” He asked.

“I don’t know. I just saw you about to fall and I just… did it. Even if you were going to hurt me. It just didn’t feel right to let you fall.” She said.

“Why did you think I was going to hurt you?” He asked.

“You’re an earth pony. I was told earth ponies were unintelligent, aggressive, brutes who mangled anypony that came their way. I was afraid.” She said.

Argyle was a little saddened by that. “But… didn’t you read my mind…? Didn’t you know I wasn’t a threat and I wanted to help?” Asked Argyle.

“Read your mind?” Asked Shining.

“With your magic. With your horn?” He asked.

“My horn? Magical? No. My horn isn’t really good for anything.” Said Shining.

Well, that explained why she couldn’t light the way because despite everything he had been told about unicorns. He knew they could still light it up. But apparently, they couldn’t.

“You can’t even levitate anything?” Asked Argyle in confusion.

“No. That sounds amazing though.” Said Shining with a smile.

Argyle was beside himself. “All my life I was told unicorns could read your mind. Or even worse they could fry your brains. And do all kinds of awful things with magic.

But how could you do that if you don’t have magic?” Asked Argyle.

“I wouldn’t do that even if I did have magic though. That sounds barbaric and well. You’re not a brute. You’re actually really gentle.

At least that’s what you showed me. Why would I want to fry such a kind pony?” She smiled at Argyle.

“Maybe an unintelligible brute who chased you around a field that you thought would hurt you?” Said Argyle smiling a goofy face.

Shining Star giggled.

“Hey thank you. So, so much for the help Mr. uh…heheh. I didn’t get your name.” Said Shining.

“Argyle. Argyle Scout.” He said with glee.

“Argyle Scout. Well, I’ll be on my way now. I’m sure we’ll see- ow! “Shining Star tried moving off the sofa, but her leg still hurt.

“You can’t leave. It needs to heal.” Said Argyle.

Shining Star thought about it. And he was right. Besides, where exactly was she going anyway?

She had just met an earth pony that she never expected at all tonight. Was she really going to stay here?

“You’re right… it’ll be a while before I can move again…Ca…uh…um…Can I stay here tonight?” Asked Shining.

“Of course!” Argyle said as his eyes lit up.

Shining smiled.

“And Hey Shining Thank you so much for saving my life. I cannot express how overwhelmingly relieved and grateful I feel.” Said Argyle smiling at her.

“Well. You already are.” Said Shining.

“Perhaps you’re right. Now let’s get you to the guest bedroom. Just holler if you need anything.” Said Argyle as he helped her on her feet as he escorted her into the spare room.