• Published 1st Apr 2023
  • 273 Views, 12 Comments

GOLEM - Mokoma



Kindness means to cherish - and to care. Kindness - means defending the ones you love. These are the parameters.

  • ...
1
 12
 273

Epilogue - Comme dit Boirac

"S-So..." As the group sat in the compartment of the train as it was making its way back, Fluttershy smiled at Twilight with her trademark shyness. "Did you, uhm, learn anything of what you were looking for?"

"Not quite..." Twilight shrugged. "The rumors appeared to have been a dud. No real signs of anything even close to a lost civilization or anomaly, except for the fact everything was warm and green...But, at-least we had the time to explore the hollow. It was really beautiful, don't you think?"

"Oh, yes...The butterflies there were so gorgeous." Fluttershy giggled.

...

"Fluttershy, do you know what déjà vu is?"

"Oh! It's like seeing something for the first time, but totally being under the impression you've seen it before? There was a philosopher who proposed the idea a long time ago, if I remember..."

"Correct! So, I was wondering...Did you ever feel something similar, but...something like with dreams? There's this odd dream I keep having, a-and it always involved you..."

"Goodness, you're dreaming of me?" Fluttershy blushed cutely. "I-I'd be honored if you told me about it."

"You're...gonna think I'm crazy." Twilight coughed

"Don't say that Twilight!" Fluttershy leaned in with a big smile. "Dreams aren't real, and they do not often reflect real events, but they are a window into our psychology. So please, feel free to share."

"Well..." The alicorn coughed. "I keep dreaming that you're a robot."

...

...

Fluttershy was unable to contain her laughter - putting her hoof to her mouth and releasing quiet chuckling sounds at the sheer prospect of what the alicorn was saying. In turn, the alicorn giggled too, realizing how silly it was in the end.

"D-Did I at-least have some kind of power, or was I one of those slow and basic ones?" Fluttershy inquired.

"You were almost indistinguishable from a normal pony actually." Twilight said. "You were really powerful, but...Even despite all that, you were still the same you. The same Fluttershy I know and cherish."

The two mares exchanged soft, warm smiles.

And then, Fluttershy gasped as the epiphany came. "I think I know the word you're looking for! That's called déjà rêvé. To translate it means "already dreamed"."

Twilight nodded, paying close attention. "Hm, okay, I'll look into it. Uhm, how do you know all this? I never took you for having an interest in psychology, let alone paraphyschology."

Proudly, the pegasus smiled. "Something I picked up from a few of the books you lent me, Twilight. You know how my animal friends like to fall asleep to me reading."

"Your animals like that kinda stuff?" The alicorn tilted her head.

"Believe it or not, but Harry really loves philosophical debates."

Comments ( 8 )

That was a very good story.

Why is the cover art just a picture of a glass butterfly?

11544150
Thank you so much!!!

11544151
Iiii tried a bit of symbolism. But to say more would spoil it.

It's quite the stellar read. While it felt easy knowing that Fluttershy wasn't just an ordinary flesh-and-bone pony early on, the revelation still hit, of things like treating friendship as literal fuel for magic. Beyond the cool sci-fi stuff, though, you've packed a punch when it comes to the questions/themes of an AI looking for friendship and love for its own sake, not just to fulfill some lines of code. I do grapple with the fact that Fluttershy had to do some unsavory things (like deceiving her "parents"), and I'd argue that Equestria may be better off just learning the truth, even if slowly... but the fact that you made me want to argue that is proof of your story's own thoughtfulness.

And perhaps Fluttershy isn't so thorough with that memory spell if Twilight's going to keep having those dreams, maybe to the point that she'll have to ask Fluttershy about it sooner or later.

Either way, this is a hearty good fic! Thanks for it, Mokoma!

11563045
Thank you for the awesome comment and for your thoughts! I really appreciate them! And I'm really glad that this was an enjoyable read! Thanks again!

Proudly, the pegasus smiled. "Something I picked up from a few of the books you lent me, Twilight. You know how my animal friends like to fall asleep to me reading."

"Your animals like that kinda stuff?" The alicorn tilted her head.

"Believe it or not, but Harry really loves philosophical debates."

hehe, a very fun ending! 


some neat ideas in this, and of all the Mane Six to secretly have been an ancient shapeshifting golem the entire time, i would not have expected Fluttershy. but it makes a lot of sense after reading this. thank you for writing!

11595522
Thank you so much for your awesome series of comments, and thank you for the contest itself! I wish I had a decent idea sooner since that's what the fic suffered from the most, but I still feel more or less decent about what I wrote.

Again, your comments are awesome and I highly appreciate them! It makes for a good read as a boost in my writing confidence.

PS - About Seefar, I'm glad you liked him! I feel a bit sheepish featuring OCs with canon characters, but I decided to take a liberty. May write some more stuff with him later!

Login or register to comment