• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,172 Views, 7,094 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,094
 11,172

PreviousChapters Next
Lunch Break

The Unity Seven, Dazzlings, and Krystina Larva enter the cafeteria. Krystina Larva sees many changelings sitting with different creatures, laughing and having fun. She gets on the line to see what's today's lunch special. Discord's clones are running the kitchen to ensure that every creature gets what they desire.

Krystina Larva goes for the salad bar instead of having a clone of Discord spawn the desired meal. She grabs her tray and sits at a table alone. Krystina doesn't want to be bothered with anyone from the Unity Seven, Dazzlings, or anyone else.

Discord, Rockhoof, Maud, Trixie, Sunburst, Starlight Glimmer, and the CMC Counselors enter the cafeteria. They sit at their table, away from the students, to have their discussion.

"So, how are classes running from each of you?" Starlight asks.

"Students love my trust exercise. Krystina Larva has some problems with the other students. I need to do better in handling her during my class," Discord answers.

"The shy lass was fine during my class. She paid attention to my origin story and the lesson I wanted to give to me students," Rockhoof said.

"Do we have to write an essay like the others?" The CMC Counselors ask.

"Nay, lassies. I was pulling your chains when I said that," Rockhoof laughs. "Got you good, didn't I?"

"Yes, you did," Apple Bloom said.

"You had me fool," Sweetie Belle admits.

"I thought you were serious," Scootaloo said.

"You aren't students. Only students get homework from me," Rockhoof eats his fruit salad.

"Gallus got detention for disrespecting my class. Calling it boring and an easy way to get some sleep," Maud said.

"How long is the detention?" Starlight asks.

"Twenty minutes for a listening session. Twenty minutes to write what he heard. Five minutes for an apology written letter."

"Gotcha, forty-five minutes for Gallus. Anyone else serving time?" Starlight asks Maud.

"No. Hope not, Headmare Glimmer," Maud answers. She drinks her cup of tea.

"What about you, Sunburst. How are things going with you?"

"Pretty good, Headmare Glimmer. The students are enjoying my curriculum nicely. Going into the deeper understanding on how friendships are like family."

"That's good, Sunburst. What about you, Trixie?"

"Trixie's class is going smoothly, Headmare Glimmer. My classes are working on constructive team exercises after a demonstration from yours truly."

"Good to hear, Trixie. I want you and Sunburst to take things a little slow for Krystina Larva. She's going through a hard time with every creature," Starlight said.

"Will do, Headmare Glimmer. I should be able to prioritize a simple method for Krystina Larva to accomplish," Sunburst said. He takes out his notepad and starts jotting notes.

"I'll be sure to help Krystina Larva. Trixie will aide her in team exercises until she becomes comfortable with other creatures."

"Tomorrow, I'll work with Krystina after what I've done. I need to show her how to rebuild trust with those she can consider a friend," Discord said. "I'll have something planned after the students finish with their exercise."

"That's good, Discord. Try not to make her feel more ashamed. Judging from Krystina Larva's body language, she suffered a lot. I wonder what kind of cruel creature would force her family to change for the worse..?" Starlight ponders a bit.

"We will never know unless she opens up," Scootaloo said.

"I could see her memories and discover what creature done such a thing," Discord suggests.

"Unless she approves Discord, I would refrain from invading her personal space and thoughts," Starlight said.

"Very well, Headmare Glimmer," Discord drinks a barrel of chocolate milk.

"Following Cana's footsteps for drinking habits, Discord?"

"Yes, Headmare Glimmer. She inspired me to take upon this new habit of mine," Discord continues to drink his barrel of chocolate milk.

Silverstream and Sonata decide to pardon themselves and sit with Krystina Larva. Krystina barely touched her food. She looks sad and depressed.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Silverstream pats Krystina Larva's back.

"I'm trying to live my life knowing that I have no family to call my own..," Krystina looks down.

"Well, we can be your friends, and we can also be your family," Sonata and Silverstream cheerfully said. Hoping it'll make Krystina smile a bit.

"I don't know.., I want to believe in it but, I'm afraid by having another family, it'll backfire on me again..," Krystina Larva sighs. "Why bother with a lost cause that hasn't been loved in a long time."

"Well, our love for friendship may satisfy those needs," Silverstream said.

"I doubt that," Krystina Larva turns away. "I couldn't catch a single creature during Discord's exercise. Why bother trusting me when I couldn't muster enough to catch a potential falling friend? Who would want me as a friend?"

"We do," Silverstream and Sonata said in unison.

"Look, some creatures have bumpy roads, but in the end, they prosper. Remember what Neighsay said during Maud's class?" Silverstream asks.

Krystina Larva nods, not saying a word.

"It'll take time, but in the end, you'll be smiling and forgetting about the sadness. You'll have a new family to call your own," Silverstream smiles.

"So please, come sit with us," Sonata encourages Krystina Larva to come to sit with them.

"Perhaps another day. I need time for myself to take all of this in; I do not accept quickly. I need time to process this and to really give it a shot."

"Fair enough," Silverstream and Sonata nod in understanding. They go back to sit with their friends, leaving Krystina Larva alone.

Krystina Larva gets up and leaves the cafeteria. Starlight Glimmer watches her and decides to pardon herself from the table. She trots up with Krystina Larva.

"Hey, Krystina. How's your first day of school going?"

"Well, I guess, Headmare Glimmer," Krystina sighs heavily. "There's a lot for me to take in, and I do need time to find my place among friends and to accept them as my new family."

"Take your time. You have plenty of it," Starlight reassures Krystina.

"Thank you," Krystina trots away from Starlight Glimmer. She decides to enter a classroom to isolate herself from anyone. She coughs a little due to starvation. "I need to eat something, but I don't want to draw more attention. I'll wait until school is over."

Krystina looks at the clock. Only fifteen more minutes until the lunch period is over.

PreviousChapters Next