• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,172 Views, 7,094 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,094
 11,172

PreviousChapters Next
Discord's Class

"So, Krystina Larva, please have a seat," Discord encourages Krystina to sit to where she feels comfortable with.

Krystina Larva sits on a marshmallow desk. She's next to Sandbar and above her is Ocellus. She observes every creature in the room.

"Today's class will be a trust exercise," Discord claps his claw and paw, assembling the desks into a mountain pile. "Now, the last semester, we already did this when one student will fall back while the others catch you. This exercise is a little different. Instead of every creature catching one student, it'll be one creature catching one student. This trust exercise is more in-depth and personal."

Krystina Larva gulps a bit. She's unnerved by the idea of trusting another creature. Discord sees Krystina's body language and chooses her to go first.

"Do I have to?" Krystina looks at her teacher.

"Yes. You gave me the impression judging by your body language. I need to see where you stand with each creature around you. Ocellus, you'll be the one to fall back."

"Okay," Ocellus said in excitement. She flies to the top of the pile.

Krystina Larva looks up at the pile. She starts sweating a bit; she's nervous about the exercise. Krystina hears how her friends are encouraging her and see how supportive they are.

"Ready? I'm falling back," Ocellus leans back and falls. Krystina Larva bites her lip and steps aside. Ocellus lands on her back hard. "Ow..," Ocellus rubs her back from the impact.

"Sorry.., I got nervous. I.., haven't surrounded myself with other creatures.., I'm sorry..," Krystina Larva turns the other way.

"Oh, it's okay," Ocellus flies back to her desk.

"Okay," Discord spawns a clipboard and marks an x on the list. "Krystina, you're going to stay in position. Sandbar, you're up."

"Right away, Professor Discord," Sandbar salutes then climbs the pile.

Krystina Larva takes a deep breath to calm herself. She hopes to pass the exercise. Sandbar is at the top, waving to his friends down below.

"Are you ready, Krystina?" Discord asks.

"Yes," Krystina nods.

"Sandbar, it's on your timing," Discord said.

"Roger," Sandbar salutes to Discord. "Krystina, catch me. I'm falling back," Sandbar leans back and falls. Krystina watches Sandbar falling and stands aside once more. Sandbar lands hard on his back. "OW!" Sandbar cringes a little from the impact.

"Sorry!" Krystina turns away.

Discord marks another x on the clipboard. "Krystina is showing a lot of trust warnings. Her body language is off on Changelings and Earth Ponies." "Krystina, you're staying in place one more time. Neighsay, you're up."

Neighsay uses his magic to wrap a marshmallow behind his back. He climbs to the top of the pile. "Hey, Krystina. Catch me. I was like you, a unicorn at first, nervous while being new to the school. Trust me when I say this; this group of creatures will make you see and embrace the new you."

"If you say so..," Krystina looks up at Neighsay.

"Please catch me."

"Krystina, you got this," Silverstream cheers her on, showing support to a potential new friend.

"Here I come!" Neighsay leans back and falls. Krystina watches and steps aside again. She holds herself while Neighsay bounces on the floor, landing on all fours. "I knew the marshmallow would come in handy."

"Sorry.., it's.., I..," Krystina Larva groans a bit.

Discord marks another x on the clipboard; he believes Krystina Larva has a severe problem trusting the exercise. "Alright, Krystina, take your seat."

"Sorry," Krystina puts her head down on the desk, feeling ashamed for failing her first exercise after three tries.

"Adagio, you will be catching..," Discord looks around and sees the perfect student. "Gallus."

Adagio and Gallus hide their blush as best as they can. The two don't want to be exposed by their feelings like this. Silverstream and Smolder are humming a tone that describes Adagio and Gallus sitting in a tree.

"Alright," Gallus flies to the top of the pile.

Adagio brushes the tone and trots to the position to catch Gallus. "Let's get this over with," Adagio said unamused.

Gallus looks down. "There she is, waiting for me down there. I wonder what she's thinking."

Adagio looks up. "There he is, waiting for me to catch him. Catching that blue griffin."

Gallus turns around. "Catch me!" Gallus leans back and falls.

Adagio repositions herself and catches Gallus in her arms. "Got you."

"Nice catch," Gallus replies.

Smolder does kissy faces next to Silverstream and laughs. It angers Adagio a bit and drop Gallus.

"Ow," Gallus rubs his behind and gets up on all fours.

Discord marks a checkmark on the clipboard for Adagio. "Alright, since we have a successful catch, you two switch positions."

"What!?" Gallus and Adagio sound flustered a bit.

"As I mentioned, this trust exercise will go more in-depth and personal. Since Krystina didn't complete her tasks, I wasn't able to allow her to switch positions."

"That means one of us will have to catch..," Everyone else turns to Yona fearfully.

"Oh, yea. One of you will have to catch Yona," Discord smirks.

"Yaks weigh a ton!" Sonata complains a little.

"Oh goodie, Sonata volunteers to catch Yona," Discord said.

"What!" Sonata panics. "Why!?"

"We don't disrespect another creature based on size. So, this is your extra credit for the exercise."

Sonata groans, knowing she can't do a thing about Discord's ruling. Yona hopes it's hers and Sonata's turn after Gallus catching Adagio.

"Ready, Adagio?" Gallus asks Adagio.

"Let's get this over with," Adagio flies to the top of the pile. She looks down at Gallus. "How interesting. I'm going to be in Gallus' claws." Parts of Adagio can't wait to experience being in the arms of Gallus.

"I can't believe this! I'm going to have Adagio in my arms!" Gallus is a little excited to catch Adagio in his arms.

"Here I come," Adagio leans back and falls.

Gallus watches Adagio fall and catches her. His instincts are telling him to hold her closer to him, but he doesn't want to admit his feelings just yet. He savors the moment. "Got you," Gallus smiles.

"Good catch," Adagio smiles.

"Now, let's put them in a tree!" Silverstream shouts. She, Smolder, and Ocellus laughs. They know Gallus has feelings for Adagio.

Discord snaps his claw and zippers Silverstream, Smolder, and Ocellus' mouths. "We do not display lovey-dovey feelings when other creatures have fallen in love with each other. Must show respect."

"Sorry," Silverstream, Smolder, and Ocellus muffle in their zipper mouths.

"Apologies accepted," Discord snaps his paw, removing the zippers. "Yona and Sonata, you're up," Discord made sure to mark a checkmark for a successful trust exercise between Adagio and Gallus. He thought for sure either one would drop each other for the sake of their love for each other.

Sonata flies to the top of the mountain pile. She wants to delay as much time as possible. Yona gets in a position to catch Sonata.

"Yona ready to catch taco-eating hippogriff."

"Sonata is not!" Sonata shouts.

"Why, what's wrong?" Yona asks.

"I"m not ready. It's.., it's..," Sonata looks at the clock. Fifteen minutes left before the next class. "It's too high!" Sonata lies through her teeth.

"Well, you have five minutes to decide," Discord said. "If you don't comply within five minutes, you will fail this exercise."

"Fail? You can't fail me because I'm afraid!" Sonata barks at Discord.

"You're in my class and stalling for time. I know what you're planning. Waste as much time so when you do jump, not giving Yona enough time to climb to the top before my class ends."

Sonata's jaw drops. She can't believe that Discord figured her out already. She gulps, knowing that Yona will flatten her when it's her turn.

"Yona, no like delays," Yona's frustrated at the moment.

"If you intend on delaying the inevitable, then tomorrow's class, you'll be first for the trust exercise. I do plan on giving every creature here a fair chance at succeeding in this exercise," Discord said.

"Krystina failed; she didn't succeed," Sonata retorts.

Krystina Larva looks away in shame. Sonata feels sad for putting her in a bad spotlight. She keeps her mouth shut. Discord sighs.

"We're going to have a serious discussion later, Sonata. As for you, Krystina Larva, I apologize that your first class started like this."

Krystina Larva sadly sighs. "It's.., it's okay."

"I'm sorry that I said what I said," Sonata sounds sincere with her apology. Krystina Larva doesn't say a word. She looks away in silence.

"Yona is ready, so jump now," Yona said impatiently. She wants to help Krystina Larva feel at home in school.

Sonata looks at the clock. Only five minutes remain. She could delay waiting until tomorrow or get it done. She sighs heavily, making her decision.

"Jump already!" Yona is getting tired of Sonata's delay. She stomps on the floor hard enough for Sonata to lose her balance. She falls off. "Yona catches stalling hippogriff," Yona catches Sonata with her back.

"Oof!" Sonata lands on her stomach instead of her back.

"Good catch, Yona," Discord marks a checkmark on the clipboard. The bell rings, signaling the end of class. "Well, every creature, here is something you all need to know."

"What is it, Professor Discord?" The Unity Seven said in unison. Everyone else is quiet.

"I'm sure every teacher is telling this to their classes. You're choosing your next instructor to go. Then, you'll choose another and another. Once you pick the instructors by order, that will be your scheduling for the rest of the semester."

"Wow, that's creative," Neighsay said.

"Indeed. That's why Headmare Starlight Glimmer didn't give students a specific class schedule for every creature when she mailed out the notifications to return. She wants fate to decide for every creature to endure their friendship quests in the school. Cool, huh?"

"Yea," Sandbar replies.

"That is cool. Choosing the best classes first," Gallus said.

"Yona is going to Trixie's class next! Yona wants to see more performances!" Yona hops around excitedly.

"What? I thought we're going to Rockhoof's class after this," Silverstream said.

"This should be good," Smolder said, imagining the daily routines of awesomeness already.

"I'll say," Ocellus said.

"Well, I need to see how awesome the other classes are judging from your reactions," Sonata said.

"Rockhoof, oh boy, talk about memory lane," Adagio remembers the encounter with Rockhoof and his friends. It was Starswirled the Bearded that sent her, Aria, and Sonata to the other world years ago.

"Hopefully, Starlight or Discord did talk to him about us," Aria said.

"I"m sure it'll work out," Gallus reassuringly said, placing his claw on Adagio's shoulder.

"Thanks. Can we go to Rockhoof's class?" Adagio asks.

"We need to clarify some things with Rockhoof in case he remembers us," Aria said.

"Sure," Gallus said, speaking for the Unity Seven.

"I'm down," Sandbar said.

"Same," Smolder says.

"I concur," Neighsay says.

"Alright, let's go. Yona do want to hear more stories anyway."

The Unity Seven, Dazzlings, and Krystina Larva leave Discord's classroom. Krystina is having a hard time adjusting to the group so far. Discord hopes that Krystina can feel more welcome. He sees Sweetie Belle finish talking to a new student and walks up to her.

"Sweetie Belle," Discord pokes her back.

"Yes, Discord?" Sweetie Belle looks up at Discord.

"I have a new student that is having difficulties adjusting to the school. She's on her way to Rockhoof's class. Her name is Krystina Larva. Mind helping her settle in?"

"Sure thing, Discord," Sweetie Belle trots to Rockhoof's theatre outside of the school.

PreviousChapters Next