• Published 18th Oct 2020
  • 5,925 Views, 225 Comments

Hail To The King - Mr_Jekyll_and_Dr_Hyde



This is a Power Lottery story about a guy who gets sent to the Crystal Empire before anyone from the show arrives not counting Sombra. How will the Equestrians react to the new King of the Crystal Empire who isn't even a pony.

Comments ( 21 )

Yes yes YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!

And we are back in action, three months later!

10795766
Have you really thought about the rest of the countries around Equestria?

They are all 3rd world or Indigenous populations in reservation type governments.

Lets look at the rest of the world for a second.

Diamond dogs: Backward, Country less, Third world living conditions
Griffen Empire: 3rd world country
Buffalo: Tribal, Country less, Third world living conditions
Seaquestria: didn't see the movie. First world?
Saddle Arabia: First world
Kiren Lands: Backward Tribal, most likely 3rd world.
Crystal empire: Puppet Government lead by Equestrian Citizens.
Yaks: 3rd world country

Basically Equestria, a extremely prosperous and rich country, surrounded by absolute poverty. And yet no one wants to move there.

Also consider that others living or visiting Equestria are rude and ill tempered when dealing with ponies. Dragons, Yaks, Buffalo, Griffins. I can reasonably see one or two cultures that are rude to others, but almost all of them? Isnt it more likely that their attitude has something to do with how they are viewed by and treated by Ponies when in country?

After all, Spike who is a child is treated as a “them.” Used by friends and family, has no room or furniture of his own and sleeps in a basket on the floor.

The Mane Six not liking anything different or against the common narrative makes sense to me.

The Monk

10796065
"Seaquestria: didn't see the movie. First world?"
first world for when they were the hippogriffs on hippogriff mountain like how Rome is depicted in Hercules kind of, but I'd say like second world(if that's a thing) for when they went under the sea and became like Atlantica in the little mermaid
The stormkingdom and the other places visited in the movie like that one town that is like mos eisley from starwars with it being a hive of scum and villainy but toned down cause its still depicted as for kids

10796082
Yeah. I don't think the fact that every country around Equestria is underdeveloped by accident.

After all, poor countries aren't a threat.

Monk
“On her doorstep was Twilight Sparkle. While Derpy deeply respected the mare, like most in Ponyville, they wished she'd either switch to decaf, or start hitting the harder stuff.” -Dan_s Comments

Element are a bitch

wait, what the fuck just happened between the last chapter and this one!? Where is the transition chapter explaining what is happening?

10797572
A lot of this chapter takes part in some of the next so they overlap chronology.

10797722
what, if that is so then explain it so at the beginning of the chapter so the reader isnt lost.

Just reading about technomajic is scary

Seems like that unicorn is doing something really dumb maybe thinking he was the one to rule

traitors in the crystal kingdom then...

10797572
what happened is explained in this chapter

10797440
both.

they will take it as proof that he had darknes to be purged. but on the other hand... he should call them out for destroying peoples minds cause they think, know or beleive what goes against their views

10866998
what do you think will happen when/if he finds out these elements were used on the lunar diarch? cause her sister wanted them to be used on her?

he knows what they REALLY do...

also- the artifacts(not calling them elements of harmony) erased perfectly normal memories, like a family lunch in the backyard or something. what?

also- another point - sunset: i didn't know there was another way!!

this, even though it was made clear celestia repeatedly told sunset over an dover to make friends. if you stay in universe with this, perhaps what the artifacts really do explains this little issue.

10867537
shit hit the fan, that's what. cadance already has clues to the lies and manipulation (his axe) of celestia and luna. like you said, dogs of celestia. none of them actually think. i get the feeling celestia si gonna keep escalating things cause 'my way or highway' mentality.

tho im rather curious what that unicorns deal is... turning on the king like that.

Greate story waiting for new chapter

Is the story going to get another chapter soon?

Login or register to comment