• Published 27th Aug 2012
  • 1,731 Views, 66 Comments

"I will make you proud..." - chewyrainbow

  • ...
4
 66
 1,731

Training

I mumbled something to myself as I heard the loud ringing sound of the alarm. I blink my eyes open half way to see the red numbers on the black screen. it says 7:00. Sighing I slammed my hoof down a few times, before I actually turned it off. Rolling back over in the bed, i pull the covers over my head.

Dead silence.

I shoot up, my hooves already swinging over the side. I don't plan on oversleeping!

Shaking my mane out of my face, I fumble over to the bathroom, crashing into a coffee table in a hurried frenzy. I swipe my hoof over the light switch, and open up a drawer. Inside I find a mane-brush. Quickly combing out my hair, splash some water over my my face, and swiftly drying it with a towel. I still have about forty-five minutes, but I don't want to waste any time. I spread my wings and hover above the ground. Whipping out of the room, and into my locker, I pull the Wonderbolt suit.

Running my hoof across the rim, I smile. How great it feels...the soft fabric, with a roughness of the lightning proof finish. I close my eyes for a moment, before opening them wide again, pulling my hoof through the sleeves.

I pull my head through, and twist around to test the fitting. A perfect fit. I trot out of the room, only to turn and zip back in, grabbing the goggles from last night.

Then, turning back, I fly out of the locker and into the large hallway. I'm guessing that I will find Spitfire in the window room, I don't have any proof to back that up...but it's as good a guess as any.

I slow down and land gently on the soft floor. Trotting into the room up the three steps, I see a mare with a mane flared up like fire, and a blue suit tightly to her skin. I smile and quietly step forward curiously.

"Spitfire? Is this where I'm supposed to go?"

"Yes, a very good guess, I presume that you do realize you have a whole thirty minutes left, right?"

"Oh, eheh, I didn't want to be late."

"Of course, a very wise decision," she said turning to the orange mare. "It's good to see you care that much."

She seemed to totally disregard everything they had talked about the previous night. "Oh definitely! I really, really, really care , this means so much to me you would never believe!"

She chuckled, "Of course I understand, I went through once to ya' know..."

There was a strange silence.

"I bet you were proud to become the captain of the Wonderbolts!" I started the conversation back up.

I looked into her eyes, I could see pain in them, but she shook it away, "Oh, yeah, very..."

I was about to ask something when I heard a cough from behind us. I turn my head to see the whole Wonderbolts Flying team standing proudly with heir heads high, until Soarin' stepped forward and began to speak.

"We are ready, do you think we could get started early?" He smiled and flashed a teasing wink.

"Well, I guess why not?" The yellow mare stood up, and stretched out her wings.

I giggled with glee and followed after her. Stepped on the far outside of the straight line of suited ponies that walked in unison.

I spread my wings, as did everypony else. Flapping swiftly we took into a slow flight, out the doors, around the cloud garden, outside of the yard, and past the house in general. We flew a ways but stopped when a large arena came into view.

"Is this where we train?" I asked with a large grin on my face.

"Yup, we come here just about every morning!" Misty laughed and nudged my side with her wing.

I laugh with her, but I'm not even sure why...

We entered the arena, I can see large cloud pillars, it's built almost like a stadium with many cloud seats around the sides.

The Wonderbolts gathered around Spitfire, I join them.

"Alright, we will begin our new routine today. Rookie," I notice the attention was addressed to me, I reply with a nod, "You will be in a threesome flight routine, you, me, and Soarin'. Misty, you will lead your own routine using everyone else. You already know how it goes, now go on and practice in the right wing. We will begin ours."

Misty replied with a nod and whipped off, the others following after her.

I turn my head to Spitfire and Soarin' who are already trotting over to the left side. Swiftly I catch up, and give and expectant, but excited look.

"So, how do we begin?" I ask flapping my wings.

Spitfire chuckles, "Slow down, rookie. It starts out lie this-"

- - - - - - - - - -

I soared across the sky, coming closer to the yellow mare and pale blue stallion. They part to opposite sides, I know this is my Que.

Spreading my wings, I zoom into the sky. Higher and higher. Spitfire and Soarin' have caught up now, and are on my sides.

Closer and closer we come to each other, now almost touching. I tuck my wings to my sides, and flip backwards, now free falling upside down. Spitfire and Soarin' have done their spiral to the sides and now come downwards with a delicate looking trick, but very effective.

I twist and face forwards again. Now with my hooves place in front of me, I flap my wings faster.

The ground comes closer and closer, about 30 yards from me now.

I grin and swiftly stretch them out, the wing rushes through my mane and around my ears. I grin as the air propels me back upwards, Soarin' whips into a spiral, and Spitfire barrel rolls over to the side.

We now hover in unison, with the sun behind us throwing our shadows down around the cloud floor.

I laugh and pump a hoof proudly in the air. I did it!

My first flight routine, and I did it! Well, this was only the practice, but it only took three times to master it!

Spitfire soars over to my side and laughs, "Great job squirt. I think you just broke a record. Never has a pegasus pony mastered their routine so quickly!"

"Well, I'm honored!" I laugh and flip backwards, but turn back up.

"That was amazing!" I see Soarin' had flew up to us.

I blush unintentionally but reply with a smile, "Thanks"

"Well, I suppose we ought to get everyone else gathered up, we have to meet the Princess today, come on, help me find everyone." Spitfire flies down back to the ground and trots up to the closest Wonderbolt.

I follow and go to every pony I see.

I still am in shock that this is happening, I still don't believe it!