• Published 27th Aug 2012
  • 1,731 Views, 66 Comments

"I will make you proud..." - chewyrainbow

  • ...
4
 66
 1,731

Aim high, aim far

The three ponies sitting behind a desk, with their flaring manes and special suits for only the best of flyers, wait, that's not true. Rainbow Dash should be in one if they were for the best of flyers.

They greet me with a nod, I reply back in the same manner.

The mare with the mane like fire - who I recognize as obviously Spitfire, because of being with Rainbow for so long - flaps her wings, landing in front of me with a smile.

"What's your name, kid?" She says, walking with me towards the edge of the cloud floor.

My mind freezes for a moment, all I can remember is Rainbow Dash, she called me kid, well, I guess that isn't an uncommon nickname, but still.

"Scootaloo," I reply finally, with a determined gleam in my eyes.

She gives me a wink, "Good luck, Scootaloo," she flaps her wings, and zooms off towards the wooden desk, nodding her head once, announcing that it is time for me to begin.

Stretching out my wings, I close my eyes.

Breathing in.

I catch a glimpse of Rainbow's gleam in her eyes before she died.

That look of determination, bravery, and loyalty. She didn't seem to fear death itself.

My eyes flash open.

This one was for Rainbow Dash.

I leap off the cloud, soaring into the air. I do a aerial loop, spinning faster and faster, into circles. Picking up speed, I twist my body, and the speed propels me upwards, I let the adrenaline overtake me, a grin forming on my face as the air races through my mane.

Quickly alining three clouds together in a row, only as I did that, I used special twists and turns to make it look pretty.

Shooting into the air, and stopping at the right height, I turn and come spiraling down.

I fly through the clouds, perfect sized holes shape after I glide through them, the water from the clouds fall behind me.

I race towards the Wonderbolts, when I'm within a foot away, I flare open my wings, and do a large loop backwards, rushing back up.

I glance down to see that my trick worked, leaving the special flying team underneath a rainbow, one of Dash's special moves.

Grinning I look back forwards, gliding high into the sky.

When I'm in front of the sun, my shadow lining the cloud below, I leap up, pinning my wings tight to my sides, already shooting downwards at an already swift speed.

I was going to finish off the way I should have saved Rainbow Dash.

Pointing my hooves squarely in front of me, my whole past seems to flash before, the training Rainbow Dash, the day I got my cutie mark, and what she said to me before she died.

"Whatever happens, I want you to be the best you can be. Don't let others pull you down..."

Those words.

They only push me farther.

Tears drip from my eyes, but evaporate before they can go far. I see the cone forming around me.

Tighter and tighter.

The speed leaves my wings searing in pain.

But I don't care.

Closing my eyes tight for a split second, I reopen, to see the ground is already coming closer, and closer.

But then it happens.

BOOM

Sunset orange and magenta purple waves of color shooting out in streams of bright colors.

I zoom forward, my wings now beating, and the ground dangerously speeding closer.

I go back to that night.

She is next to me, spiraling.

I can do nothing to help.

Opening my eyes, I spread my wings, pulling up, gliding above the whole arena.

Orange and purple streaming out behind me, bands of sparkly color brightly illuminating the sky.

Silently inside I squeal with joy, but something hides it from coming out.

I land back on the cloud floor. Only to notice that all the ponies watching had already began gathering in a crowd around me.

I notice the three ponies from behind the desk, Spitfire, Soarin', and Fleetfoot had flew above everyone else, now standing in front of me. Spitfire is the first to speak.

"Nice, squirt. I actually think that you are the only other pony I've seen do that before," she lowered her head momentarily, but then lifted it back up to ask, "Who taught you?"

I raise my head and, defiantly I puff out my chest, determination in my eyes, I answer, "My trainer, my friend, and my sister," I think back to when Rainbow Dash taught me how to fly for the first time, grinning I finish, "Rainbow Dash"