• Published 27th Aug 2012
  • 1,731 Views, 66 Comments

"I will make you proud..." - chewyrainbow

  • ...
4
 66
 1,731

Uh, what?

I looked at Spitfire quite perplexed, "Uh...what do you mean?"

The yellow mare looked surprised, almost as if she didn't mean to say it, "Nothing, never mind, let's just get back to the arena and finish the routine.

I continued with a confused look, "No, you obviously meant something and your going to tell me!"

"I don't have to tell you anything, besides, it's not my place to tell you something of the subject. Now get moving," Spitfire spread her wings and took off out the door, nothing but gold and orange left behind her.

I stayed there a few moments, staring aimlessly into the world, with nothing passing my lips but a small 'but'. A few moments later I followed, and found her back at the arena talking with Soarin'.

I stepped up to her, but she gave me a nonchalant look as if nothing had happened. All I could do in return was mumble and fly off.

We tried a few more times at the routine, although I did eventually get it, it took a few times to get my mind off
-once again- of what had previously happened.

Spitfire led us back to the home base, I swept up to the shower room, dried up, and flew to the kitchen. My hoof reached out for a plate of cookies, but I quickly pulled back. My hoof must've gone back and fourth from the plate of carrot sticks and apple slices to the cookies at least ten times. Finally I agreed to the carrot sticks, only to keep up my agility and strength.

I heard the quiet sound of hoofsteps from behind me, and there stood Soarin', in the doorway, just staring. I had often heard him and a few of the guys messing around and joking about who their favorite mare in the team was. Soarin' had never said anything. Why this thought came into mind, I shall never know.

I smiled, a small piece of apple fell from my mouth, I could feel heat rising from my cheeks as I felt embarrassed.
He chuckled and trotted up next to me, grabbing a cookie. Now I felt stupid, maybe I should have gotten a cookie!

"Whats up?" I said, trying to sound cool and calm.

Rainbow Dash was always talking about how she thought Soarin' was cute...Gosh he sure is up close. Wait, where did that thought come from? My train of thought was broken by half of his sentence.

"...but I do have to complain about the schedule this year."

I prick my ears and just simply nodded, acting as if I knew what he had said, "I know I did horrible at practice today, I'm so sorry," I could feel my wings sag slightly.

"Aw don't say anything about it, things happen, believe me. I remember that when I first got here, I messed up so bad on our show in Los Pegasus. I felt horrible, but it turned out everyone thought it was supposed to be like that, and they asked me to re-perform it in Manehatten." He laughed, and I joined in.

"So what exactly did you do that was so horrible?" I asked out of idle curiosity.

"Let's just say crashing into a pie cart has never been performed in a Wonderbolt show before, ever."

I laughed hard and my wings popped out. I soon found myself falling to the floor, my hoof knocking the plate of cookies with me. Soarin' laughed, and bent over next to me. I could feel tears actually dripping down my cheeks in all of the insanity.

I heard a cough from the entrance of the door, and turned my head to see Surprise staring blankly, with a stupid look on her face.

"Enjoying yourselves? I hope you know some of us are trying to sleep!" she scowled and gave me a harsh look. I hadn't realized what time it was, until I looked at the clock on the counter top.

10:03 p.m. I read to myself. Quickly I stood up and dusted the clouds off my back and held out a hoof to Soarin'.

"Calm down, Surprise, it's not like you've ever done this to me before when you bring home your little stallionfriends," he had a big smile plastered across his face, although her's was pure anger, almost looked like hate.

I stood quietly, not saying anything, of which was unusual because I almost always had something to say.

Surprise glared at him, but it soon turned into a evil looking smile, "Is that so? Well what have you got to say about this! We all know you have the hots for Scootaloo, and now look at you, turning soft on a useless bubblebrain that can hardly look at the two hooves in front of her. She can't even make a free fall without landing flat on her face!"

That set me off, my wings spread wide and my ears were tall, stepping up to her with my chest puffed out I snarled, the obvious height difference between us.

"Oh yeah? Well your not the one who's lost a friend, and the only reason you guys needed to do the competition was to add something new to the show. Of which was a Sonic Rainboom. And the reason of that was because you weren't talented enough to do one, of which I can and have done more than once. I learned from the greatest flyer in all of Equeastria of which is more than you can account for. If you have a problem with me you can say it to my face and not to somepony else!!!" I stomped my hoof, ignoring the look she gave me back, and I had just then made the connection of what Surprise had said.

S-Soarin' likes me?