• Published 16th Jun 2020
  • 10,711 Views, 159 Comments

A Tale of a Loving Sister - GoebelTron



During a cold and snowy night, Sunset Shimmer meets a heartbroken 4 year old boy in the alley neighborhood.

  • ...
4
 159
 10,711

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 15: A Weekend at the Boardwalk, Part 2

As the sun was rising over the horizon of the beach, the warm bright light shined through the window of the room, washing over Chase’s face. He suddenly began to stir before and turned to the other side. Until all of a sudden, Sunset came back wearing a maroon and magenta glittery gradient sundress with her sun symbol in the center and dark brown sandals on her feet. She went to the bed to get her little brother out of bed but quietly.

“Chase? It’s time to get up, sweetie,” Sunset said softly. Chase woke up and saw her next to him. He gave her a hug and cuddled with her. “Good morning, Sunset,” Chase said. “Good morning, Chase,” Sunset replied. “Did you sleep well?” “Yes,” Chase replied. “Hey, we’re going to walk around the boardwalk today. Sound good?” Sunset asked, until Chase replied with a short nod. After she got her brother out of bed, Sunset led him to the living room.

When he got to the living room with Sunset, he saw the girls in their beach outfits. Fluttershy was wearing a pale aqua greenish white shirt with butterflies all over and blue jean shorts with three butterflies and dark pink heeled sandals. Twilight was wearing a dark purple and magenta star spangled sundress with teal and purple sandals. Rarity wore a whitish turquoise sundress with purple diamonds all over and purple sandals with sapphires on the soles. Applejack wore a green ringed reddish orange panted sundress with cyan sun shoes. Pinkie Pie wore a light pink polka dot sundress with blue sandals. Rainbow Dash wore a rainbow colored horizontal striped sleeveless crop top with a knot, cerulean cropped pants, and blue sandals with pale yellow straps and red knotted cloth. She also wore a dark pink and white baseball cap with a rainbow and cloud on her head.

While they waited for him, Rarity and Pinkie Pie brought some cinnamon rolls and fresh black coffee for breakfast on the table, but they got Chase a small bottle of chocolate milk with his. After they had breakfast, Chase was already dressed into a blue Hawaiian shirt, grey cargo shorts, and his casual sneakers. After they got sunscreen on themselves and Chase took Sunset’s hand, they all went to walk the boardwalk.


While they walked on the boardwalk, they decided to check out some of the stores and fun places they have open. First, they went to a clothing store Rarity found and they all tried on a few outfits, causing Chase to laugh hysterically. Second, they went to a candy store Pinkie Pie found and tried some of the salt water taffy and other types candy, then took some to go and have later.

Then, Chase saw a huge dragon plushie at a shooting arcade game. Chase then went to Sunset and showed her the plushie. “Sorry, buddy. We’ll do it another time,” she said, until she gasped and saw him giving her the puppy eyes and hugging her thigh. Sunset smiled warmly and then rubbed his hair, then went over to the game to play it. She paid for one round, then started shooting the targets. When it was over, she won the game and then asked for the dragon plushie and gave it to Chase. He went over and hugged her, then the girls made a “d’awwww” reaction. After that, they all continued on to a restaurant to eat lunch.


At the restaurant, Pinkie Pie ordered a chili dog, Twilight ordered a grilled cheese sandwich, Fluttershy ordered pasta, Sunset ordered lasagna, Applejack and Rainbow Dash got hot dogs, Rarity got an Italian sub, and Chase got a kid’s meal consisting a small plain cheeseburger with fries and soda.

After lunch, they went to an arcade and played a few games. Rainbow Dash danced with Pinkie Pie on the dancing simulator, then beat Sunset in a racing simulation game and they both completed a multiplayer zombie apocalypse simulation game. Applejack played a hunter simulation game. Rainbow Dash shot some basketball hoops. Twilight did some ski ball and air hockey with Fluttershy. Pinkie Pie and Rarity played “Whack-A-Piggy,” Duck Shooters, and a interactive Fruit Ninja game.

Then, Chase went to the kid’s zone and crawled into the jungle gym, until the girls came to look for him. Sunset suddenly saw him playing in the playground with a warm smile and sigh of relief. ‘Well, at least he’s safe,’ she thought to herself. Then she continued to let him have fun in there, as long as she was there to watch him.

Then after 10 minutes, it was time to go back outside to the boardwalk, so Chase came back out, sat down by her sister’s feet, and put his shoes on. Then, he stood up, took her hand, grabbed his dragon plush, and they caught up with the girls and then continued with the boardwalk, until Pinkie Pie came and got everyone some frozen treats.

Rarity got strawberry frozen yogurt with strawberry syrup, white chocolate chips and whipped cream. Twilight got chocolate frozen yogurt with cookie crumbs, nuts, and chocolate syrup. Applejack got a creamsicle with chocolate sprinkles in a cup. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie got each other an M&M’s flurry. Fluttershy got two scoops of pecan ripple ice cream. Sunset got a mango gelati. Chase got a small soft serve vanilla with rainbow sprinkles in a cup. After they got their ice cream, Pinkie Pie got Chase a duck and cat plushie to go with his dragon plushie. Then they continued to enjoy their day.


After they brought pizza back at the room, they all sat down and ate together. After they were finished, Rarity came up with an amazing idea for half the remainder of the night. “Pardon me, ladies, but I just found a jacuzzi down near the pool!” Rarity said. “I thought we could use this as a perfect way to spend some time in there and warm ourselves up for half of the night.”

Sunset told Chase to remain in the living room until they come back, and Chase replied until he put on his pajamas and sat back down on the couch. Sunset was in her regular swimsuit, and she saw Chase waiting. “Do you think we should do something about Chase? His bedtime’s normally at 9:30.”

“Oh, pff. Kch. Fff. Ts!” Rarity scoffed, wearing her regular swimsuit. “Don’t be ridiculous, darling. We’re right near to the jacuzzi anyhow. I’m sure he’ll be fine. Plus, you’ll see him later. Just put on something he’ll watch on the TV, like a child’s program.”

Sunset nodded, then Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Applejack appeared in their new swimsuits, but Twilight and Rainbow Dash wore their casual swimsuits from yesterday. Fluttershy wore a turquoise hourglass shaped bikini with pink butterflies all over. Applejack wore a reddish orange and green shirted bikini. Pinkie Pie wore an dark pink, pink and white hourglass shaped bikini with pale pink balloons all over it.

After they came out, Chase started to blush nervously. Then, Fluttershy came to him and placed her hand on his shoulder, then Sunset took the remote and turned on “Sesame Street” for him to watch. After they left the room, they went to the poolside and then went into the jacuzzi. They all formed a circle and sat down together.

“Ah, this is the life,” Rainbow Dash moaned as she stretched her arms up and spread them out. “Most definitely, darling,” Rarity said. “A perfect night to relax and sit in a jacuzzi with our friends, what a wonderful treat.”

“Ya said it,” Applejack agreed.

Twilight started to look up at the night sky. “I have to say, this is a nice night.”

“Mm-hmm,” they agreed. Rarity started to moan peacefully, “Oh, this is just so relaxing and peaceful, but if only I could just sit in here forever and just calm my senses.” She then sighed softly and moaned, until she leaned back and raised her bare leg up and then wiggled her toes, then lowered it back down.

“I could just sit in here if I need to lower my stress level, or help that person,” Fluttershy said. Then, a couple minutes passed. “Maybe we should get out now?” Twilight asked. “It’s kinda getting late.”

“I’m afraid so. Plus, I’m already wrinkled up.” Rarity said, looking at her wrinkled feet. “Then, let’s get moving,” Rainbow Dash said. They all stood up and got out of the jacuzzi and wrapped themselves in towels, then they all went back inside and got dried off and changed before heading to bed.


Meanwhile, when the girls got ready for bed, they were about to hit the sack, but suddenly a soft sound like the coo of a dove appeared. They turned their heads and saw Chase with his teddy bear in his hands. Sunset realized Chase was ready for bed, so she let him climb into the bed and Sunset tucked him under the covers, then grabbed a book for a bedtime story. “Hey, girls. I’m gonna read to Chase. Is that okay?” Sunset asked. The girls made comments in agreement, and then socialized before they went to sleep.

Few minutes later, Sunset read him “The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle,” then she saw Chase sleeping. After she turned off the light, she climbed into the bed and tucked herself in the covers and embraced Chase closer to her, with his ear closer to the sound of her heartbeat, and gave him a goodnight hug and kiss. “Goodnight, little brother.” Then she went to sleep.

Author's Note:

That walk through the boardwalk sounded fun. Plus, the jacuzzi was pretty relaxing.

WARNING: I didn’t want to use some of the book I mentioned so just pretend Sunset read the words to Chase instead.

PreviousChapters Next