• Published 27th Aug 2012
  • 2,471 Views, 22 Comments

Twilight Sparkle and the Alicorn's Stone - Avenging-Hobbits



Celestia assigns the Mane 6, Spike and Trixie to go find the Alicorn's Stone, a mystical object tha

  • ...
4
 22
 2,471

Chapter 10: Chaos Ensues

The dragon growled ferociously as it approached the motorcycle.
The dragon prepared to slash at the motorcycle with his claws.

“Incoming!” Fluttershy yelled.

The dragon slashed at the flying vehicle but just barely missed cutting Lily’s head off. It then flew past the news helicopter.

“I…I don’t know what I’m seeing!” the reporter yelled. “It’s like something out of a fantasy novel!”

The dragon growled and then did a dizzying aerial maneuver so he was on the helicopters tail. It then squinted to get a better view.

The cameraman turned out to see the dragon coming at them.

“TURN THIS THING AROUND!” he yelled.

Big mistake.

The dragon then raised his claw in defiance. First he breathed fire at the helicopter. While the inside didn’t catch fire, the tail did.

The motors stopped and started as the thing spiraled out of control as it turned.

Then in one fell swoop, the dragon sliced the helicopter in half, killing everyone inside. It turned it’s attention to it’s real target: the motorcycle.

Twilight Sparkle turned towards the dragon with Pinkie grabbing her tail.

“Fire!” Applejack yelled.

Pinkie twisted Twilight’s tail in a circle and beams of magic flew out machine gun style. The beams headed towards the dragon. One beam blew up next to the dragon and caused it to turn to it’s side.

The beams exploded flak style. Suddenly, Amanda yelled.

“Look out!” she yelled.

The dragon was wing to wing with the motorcycle and open it’s mouth and prepared to fire. Pinkie Pie turned Twilight towards the dragon.

“Duck!” Twilight yelled to Amanda, Grace, Trixie and Rarity.

They ducked.

She fired and Michael forced the motorcycle into a dive. The dragon was hit three times (dragons are hard to kill).

Twice in the back and once in the wing, giving the dragon third-degree burns.

It roared in pain as it followed the diving vehicle. It breathed fire, just scorching a bit of Applejack’s hat.

“You got black in you.” Kyle said.

“I know that.” Applejack replied dryly.

The dragon twisted and turned with the motorcycle. There was a problem: Twilight couldn’t fire right and the constant maneuvering was making both her, Pinkie and everyone dizzy.

“Stop spinning!” everyone yelled.

Michael pulled on the motorcycle controls and it soared back into the air and the dragon missed. It then slammed into a hillside spewing clouds of dirt.


/////////////////


In the forest, Discord waited. He tapped his foot with impatience.
Then, the dragon returned with bruises and third-degree burns.

“Well?” Discord angrily asked.

The dragon shook his head. Discord face-palmed. He whistled and a huge python came from the brush.

“I’ll give you another chance when the time comes.” Discord said to the dragon then he turned his attention to his snake. “Now, Fatine my pet. Go and find the ponies so that I may destroy the Alicorn's Stone.”

The snake hissed and buried into the ground.

Discord smiled.


/////////////////


The motorcycle drove through the town, the ponies hiding in a coat. Amanda and Grace were dropped off at their respective home and they were heading back to the hotel.

They stopped in front of the hotel and Michael, Lily, Wilfred and Kyle walked out.

They walked in with the ponies trailing behind and Judy Crane was busy reading the same magazine.

“Evening.” Michael said.

“Hello.” Judy said “Oh wait!” she stopped the humans from going any further.

“Did you hear?” she asked “The police tried to chase down a flying motorcycle and a news copter was destroyed by a dragon.”

“It didn’t fly so much as glide.” Michael said.

“How would you know?” Judy asked.

Michael froze.

“The television.” Lily finally said, breaking the awkward silence.

“Oh, alright then. Enjoy your stay.” Judy said returning to her magazine.

That was a close one. Michael thought.


/////////////////


A police car drove down the road along with three more. The driver of the lead car was Victor Aaron with Roland Carter and Jerald King in the back seats.

“Why are we in the back?” Jerald asked.

“Shut up.” Victor said.


/////////////////


The ponies sat in Grace’s room.

“We have to find the Alicorn’s Stone now more then ever.” Twilight Sparkle said very seriously. “Now that Discord is after us.”

“But how could he get to Earth?” Fluttershy asked.

Twilight’s eyes suddenly widened. “Queen Lauren’s staff!”

“Who’s staff?” Grace asked.

“Where we come from, Celestia’s mother died defending Canterlot from Discord.” Trixie replied “So, Celestia hid her mother’s coffin deep in the castle. Alongside Queen Lauren’s body is her staff, which could kill with a beam of red magic.”

“I was reading about that when Celestia appointed me as a teacher at the university.” Twilight said.

“Wait, I’m sorry” Grace said “but why didn’t you take the staff? And what does the Alicorn’s Stone even look like?”

“Okay, first of all” Trixie said “Celestia’s mother, knowing that the staff may fall into the wrong hands, created with the Order of the Alicorn’s Stone: a necklace that can’t be used for evil. Only for good. And it’s just as powerful as the staff.”

“Hold it!” Grace suddenly piped up “Is this necklace a little big and have a unicorn on the front?”

Pinkie Pie suddenly jumped on her.

“Wait! You’ve seen it?!” Pinkie Pie yelled.

“Where?!” Rainbow Dash asked.

The gears started turning in Grace’s head. It took her only a few moments to realize something.

“My mother has it!” Grace yelled. “I think it’s at where she teaches!”

“Where is the university?!” Rarity said.

“At the end of town.” Grace said.

Everyone suddenly ran down the stairs towards the phone. Grace ran towards it, dialed the number for the hotel and gave the phone to Twilight who levitated it to her ear.

“Hello, Wilfred?!” Twilight yelled “Drive down here quick!”

“Why?” he asked on the other end.

“I think we know where the Alicorn’s Stone is!” Twilight yelled.

“I’ll be right over!” Wilfred said as he hung up.

Twilight took a deep breath and put the phone back on the hook.

“Now what’ll we do, y’all?” Applejack asked.

“We wait.” Twilight said.