• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 1,109 Views, 4 Comments

The Storm Factory - Rarity Belle



Shooting Star Dash has to learn to live in one of the harshest places know to the pegasi...

  • ...
10
 4
 1,109

Chapter 3

One weather factory as a prison

The storm factory, the best prison known to the pegasus race

But as any prison, there is a way out for those who look

Being defeated by the terrible news of everything, Star had called herself sick for the coming couple of days. She was completely out of her doing because of it. The young mare didn't leave her bed for most of the day and only got out to get her dinner which she ate up back in her room.

Many more rumors of incidents did their turn as the breaking of a fan for a hurricane claimed the another life. As another rumor spoke of a pegasus being drowned in the water basins. The young mare was mentally through, her mind couldn't take it much more before she was on the point of no return, the depressions hit her harder every time as many tears left her eyes every day.

One night, on a bright, cloudless full moon night, she was staring at the rock as she recalled the story her mother once told over her friends and the Elements of Harmony, how the six of them defeated Nightmare Moon. It succeeded because they had hope and friendship together. She let go a deep sigh while starting to humble in herself. “Friends, I don’t have here... And hope I am close to give up...” The young mare dropped back on her bed and tried to get some form of sleep.

---

Later that night was Star still sobbing in her bed. She had almost missed the fact that somepony knocked on her door. The young mare didn't respond at first for she wanted to be alone, but then her ears perked as a familiar voice did its turn. “Shooting Star? Are you awake?” the voice said in nothing but a whisper. The young mare remembered the voice and stood up to open the door only to be met by a face of remembrance.

“Thunder? What are you doing here at this hour?” she asked quietly.

“Helping you escape, maybe redeem my soul a little, if it is not washed away by the tears of the broken... I, overheard, your conversation with Atmosphere a couple days ago, sorry for that. Do not ask why I did, but you need to get out of here, now,” said Thunder quietly. “Please, trust me Shooting Star. I have a plan, and you need to follow me in every hoof step of it.”

Star was faced with a choice in that moment. She could either stay in what has become a factory of terrible weather and death. Or she could heed Thunder’s call and try to escape. The decision however was made after a short time of thinking. Without hesitation she began to grab her saddlebags and fill them up with her belongings, which luckily wasn't that much, and she went with Thunder outside.

---

The stallion swiftly guided her to the entrance of the factory but none of the employees looked up strange for they were just normal workers of the night shift. The only part where they had to be careful was hallway leading up to the front and thus final door.

The moonlight shone through the entrance making it seem so easy to just fly away. Thunder made Star stop walking. “As soon as we go through that door, you need to fly, fly like never before. Now, go. No questions, just fly. Fly away from here with all your might.”

Before Star could say anything had the stallion turned into a galloping pace and she followed him a couple hooves behind. Thunder burst through the door setting off an alarm but they both kept galloping until the end of the cloud the factory was placed on came in sight and the pegasi opened their wings and took off at full speed.

When the alarm were wailing in Blackheart's ears, he knew enough and galloped from his office to the outside of the factory as the unicorn mare teleported herself to the location.

The mare landed on the clouds and was able to stand on them due to a cloud walking spell as her eyes peeked into the darkness looking for the two figures. Not much later had Blackheart himself stormed on the cloud as well spotting them almost right away through his glasses in the cloudless skies. “Unicorn, shoot them out of the skies, now!”

“Which one of them?” the unicorn asked as she charged up her horn slowly.

“The both of them of course! You imbecile!” demanded Blackheart in a moment of fury.

“I can only shoot one! They are too far away already for two blasts!” Those words made the stallion wanting to kick the mare of the cloud and to her grave, but didn't do it because he needed her badly.

The stallion looked back into the darkness of the night and tried to identify Shooting Star out of the two. “The right one!” said Blackheart and the unicorn released a powerful blast towards the right pegasus.

Both of the fleeing pegasi heard the releasing sounds of the blast. Star prepared herself for the impact of it but the impact never came. She looked over to Thunder who began to fall down, down to the ground. In the mind of the mare a war was raging on, either go in and try to save Thunder, or keep flying away.

But she took too much time to think as not much later there was the sound of something hitting into the ground that echoed through the skies and Star just made sure she got away. When Blackheart finally made it to the spot and tried to identify the remains he shook his head. “Unicorn, write a message to Atmosphere. I need him here, tomorrow. And make sure, every prisoner get to see, what happens, if you try to escape. There is no other option.”

“But what about the other?” asked the unicorn mare.

“There is no other,” said Blackheart while he glanced over the remains of Thunder Dasher.

---

Every single pegasus was gathered in the canteen of the factory and they all wondered why they were either woken up or taken away from work. It didn't took long before all their questions got answered as the gray stallion entered and stood on a table, making himself clearly visible to them.

“You all probably ask yourself why you are here right? Well, because of one thing. To forget you to make attempt to escape. You are free to try, but then you end up, as mister Dasher here.”

Slowly the remains of Thunder were levitated with the help of the unicorn. “So you all just forget that plan of coming out of here. Because there is no way out. And now, back to your stations prisoners!” he said in a stern tone and all the prisoners slowly went back to their rooms or departments.

“Professor, doctor Atmosphere is here for you,” said the unicorn just after she had the remains of the stallion. Even her tone spoke in a surprised one.

“Faster than I expected, I will see him right away,” replied Blackheart as he made his way to the entrance of the facility.

It took him a small walk, but eventually he stood face to face. Right in front of the stallion he hated most. “Good that you could come so fast Atmosphere.” he said in a deep and serious tone.

But Atmosphere interrupted him by shouting almost directly in his ears. “You big idiot that you are!”

“Excuse me,” answered the gray stallion. “Before we continue, my office, now.” Atmosphere gave him a nod before he followed Blackheart up to his personal office. But on their way, both of the stallions were boiling in utter rage for each other.

Blackheart opened the door as they reached it and Atmosphere walked in. He took place in a chair place before the desk as the gray stallion took place in his chair behind the desk. “Now, there is one pegasi on the run and let it just be miss Dash. You failed me again, professor. This is the last chance I give you before I replace you with somepony who can do this job,” spoke the visitor with an unusual calm in his voice.

He wanted to say something but decided to keep his mouth shut as Atmosphere spoke again. “And just how do you want to cover this up. You do not, she will be replaced. I must thank you for this as well, you big idiot, now I must fill in a replacement file for her so she doesn't have to return.”

“Oh, so now it is all my fault, isn't it, Atmosphere? You know, I am just about done with you. Do what you have to do and leave this place. Next time, I will be coming to you directly,” said Blackheart in an angry tone. He was having more than enough of the other stallion.

“Just place a sign here and we don’t have to see each other again for a long time,” answered Atmosphere. He gave over a piece of paper to the other one, thinking the same.

The grey stallion read it through and eventually signed it. Atmosphere nodded to him and parted his ways with the gray stallion, out of the factory and flew away, to his own office. “I hate him so much... Raise the tempo again. We have a big storm waiting for Manehatten. And I want to see that place shiver in true fear,” said Blackheart to the unicorn as he leaned back in his chair.

He stretched his right wing only to feel the sharp pain going through it and mumbled something to himself. “I will get you back for breaking my wing Atmosphere... On my word... I will...”

---

Meanwhile had Star began to recognize the air she found herself flying through. It was still far from home, but she flew as hard as she could. The young mare flew through the depths of night and as the sun rose back up so was still flying at her top speed but was starting to wear down. Over the cause of the day she became slower and slower and as the sun began to descend once more, she knew she had to find a place to sleep.

Barely being able to keep her eyes open she noticed a big barn and began to descend for it as she swiftly made her way inside in found the haystacks where she just plummet herself in and almost right away fall asleep in.

The next morning Star slowly woke up from a voice, a sweet and southern voice. “Sugarcube, are ya alright?” the voice asked.

She slowly opened her eyes and stared straight into Applejack’s green irises. “A-Aunt Applejack?” asked Star with a sleepy tone in her voice.

“Yes, that is me, Star, but what are ya doin’ here?” the cowgirl asked.

Shooting Star told her the story but leaving out the details which nopony else may know, “And after such a long time of flying I just couldn't help it, and fell asleep here. You aren't angry at me?” she said a little scared.

“Not at all sugarcube. But Ah advise ya to go now, since yar mother will be up by now and Ah think she is dying to see you,” said Applejack with a smile on her face. Star smiled back just before she walked out of the barn and greeted Granny Smith while she took off. To home, to her family.

---

With a short trip later Star landed by the door of her house and knocked on it. Not much later Rainbow opened it and thought her eyes were lying to her. “Shooting, Star? Is, is that really you?” she asked while looking at the still beat up Star.

The young mare nodded and Rainbow hugged her tight while bringing her inside, where Soarin’ and Twist couldn't believe what they saw. Shooting Star had returned to them all. They all gathered in the living room where she told the whole story, not a single detail was spared. Her family listened in awe and after Star was done, they all hugged her and all four of them burst out in tears.

---

In just a matter of days the young mare was her old self again and didn't receive any word from the factory. Her eyes had regained their color again, her smile returned and her manes and tail were finally coal dust and soot free.

The normal day routine had returned in the Dash residence. Though one morning there was somepony who stood knocking on the door. Somepony who would change everything one last time.

“I will go, mom,” said Star and she flew off to the door. The mare opened it and was shocked at the sight before her and let go a loud gulping sound.

“Afternoon, Shooting Star. May I come in for a minute?” asked the stallion in the door opening. She moved a little aside to let the visitor come in and it made use of the opportunity to do so. Whatever the visitor came for, Star was praying for the best yet already preparing for the worst.

Everypony looked up at the voice they heard and went to the living room taking seats. The visitor was revealed to be a stallion who did the same and looked at the Dash family and smiled. “You remember me, don’t you?” he asked.

“Doctor Atmosphere, how could I forget your face?” answered Star after she had walked over. The young mare took place next to her mother who wrapped her hooves around her daughter.

Atmosphere gave her a simple nod as confirmation. “Indeed, Shooting Star, there has been an enormous mistake made with your test results. You were never meant to go to the storm factory. And I am only here to give you this.” He dropped a closed envelope on the table. After that did he stood back up again. “I am sorry for this short visit, but my main priority was that you would get the letter, delivered personally to avoid any misunderstandings.” He began to make his way back through the front door and closed it again, his eyes falling in the sunlight.

“Wow... The doctor Atmosphere, in our house,” said Twist a little shaking. “Sis, open it and read it!” All three of them had their attention turned pinned on Star as she slowly reached over for the envelope and opened it, pulling out a letter.

Dear Shooting Star,

I want to apologize first for something has gone wrong with your test. You never should have been sent to the Storm Factory in the first place.

Based on the results of your test we place you, in the weather patrol of Ponyville. Your first day of work will be in two months. We hope to have made you a little happier and enjoy your vacation.

With kind regard, Dr. Atmosphere, head Cloudsdale Weather Corporation.

None of the Dashes could believe the words written down but they were true and all of them jumped on Shooting Star and began to hug and cuddle her deeply. She had left the Storm Factory forever and tears of joy began to build up in the eyes of the young mare.

Rainbow Dash broke the hug ever so gently and went outside in the vague hope to find Atmosphere. The stallion was luckily still stretching his wings in order to take off as she spoke to him. “Doctor, I want to thank you. For doing this for my daughter. I thank you with my whole heart for it,” she said with tears in her eyes.

“Do not think my generosity goes deeper than this. You are still part of an untold chapter in pegasi history, miss Dash,” said Atmosphere before he turned himself towards Rainbow. “A chapter, that may never see the light of day. I hope you understand that.”

“I understand that, but still, thank you,” said Rainbow as she watched him take off.

She trotted back to her cloud palace and continued to cuddle her beloved daughter. Her daughter had returned and would stay with her and her family.

Comments ( 2 )

At the storm factory...
where fears and horrors come true...
Sorry, couldn't resist XD
I'm gonna read this as soon as possible, it looks great!

Definitely enjoyed the last chapter. Though I can't help but wonder if Shooting Star will ever expose the Storm Factory for what it really is.

Login or register to comment