• Published 27th Mar 2019
  • 11,458 Views, 3,501 Comments

Mass Effect: Element of Kindness - CommanderApplejack



[CYOA] While exploring an old ruin an unfortunate accident sends Fluttershy halfway across the galaxy, how will the shy pegasus cope with being stuck away from her friends?

  • ...
26
 3,501
 11,458

PreviousChapters Next
Delivery

Chapter 22

Delivery

Go to the hairdresser 84%

Fluttershy stood next to Liara at the docks, her head felt weird as, without her large amount of hair, the weight she had to carry with her was severely reduced. Her new hairstyle had her hair barely touching her withers while her tail only reached around halfway down her hind legs. Surprisingly, losing her mane hadn't been causing her as much anxiety as now she couldn't hide from anyone she noticed that no-one really batted an eye at her, maybe a curious glance but nothing more.

Alarms suddenly blared throughout the dock signaling that a vessel was about to dock and moments later the Normandy came to a slow halt and docked with the Citadel. Fluttershy and Liara immediately made their way up the docking tube after it connected with the starship. "Nice hairstyle, Shy," Joker said over the intercom as the airlock was cycling, Fluttershy blushing a bit at the compliment.

As the internal door of the airlock opened it revealed Commander Shepard waiting on the other side, "Welcome back you two, sorry for cutting your vacation a bit short but this was something that I wanted to have Liara with me for," He said as he led them through the CIC and down the stairs at the back towards the crew quarters. "Liara, I want you in the comm room by sixteen-hundred for a briefing," the Commander said in a tone that didn't leave any room for debate before he turned to Fluttershy. "For you, no using biotics. I don't want to accidentally find out how explosive decompression feels."

Fluttershy threw a quick salute which immediately caused the Commander's serious mask to break and for him to burst out in laughter. "That's positively the cutest thing I've ever seen," he managed to say as he tried to control himself. Fluttershy turned beet red in embarrassment, her attempt at being serious completely ruined. It took a few more moments for Shepard to collect himself again before he could continue. "I want you to head to Tali, she won't be with us on the ground team so she can start teaching you the basics of cover."

Fluttershy nodded and wanted to walk off towards the elevator but was interrupted by Joker's voice over the intercom, "Commander, there's a particular exhausted female turian standing outside the airlock with a box. Should I let her in?" he asked before the commander could answer his omni-tool lit up with a call from Garrus.

"She's good, Commander. I told her to come here personally." Garrus immediately said as Shepard picked up the call.

"Understood. Joker, let the lady in." Shepard responded, the elevator from the garage was already buzzing as the turian was probably on his way up. As the elevator door opened up, it revealed both Tali and Garrus. The turian stepped forward and grinned.

"I think you're going to have to sign off on that package, Fluttershy," He told the pegasus who abandoned her plans to go down to engineering and quickly made her way after Garrus who also headed up to the airlock. They arrived just as the internal door opened, Solana immediately stepped inside towing a box behind her. She wanted to say something but her words died in her throat as she spotted Garrus. "Long time no see," He said with a grin.

Solana's eyes narrowed and she stepped forward to stand face to face with Garrus. Before anyone could do anything her fist slammed into the side of the male turian's face which flung him back several meters. "Now we're even," she coldly stated. "Sorry for that but I think I better go before I do something more serious than giving him a love tap on the face."

"I guess I earned that one, didn't I?" Garrus chuckled, earning a death glare from Solana. "By the way, say hi to dad for me."

"Do it yourself." Solana turned and marched back into the airlock, Joker looked back at Shepard who signaled his pilot that he could cycle the airlock. With Solana gone, everyone was staring at the floored turian who was rubbing his head in the spot that his sister had hit him.

"I don't remember her being able to punch that hard," he muttered as he stood back up and noticed everyone staring at him in states of confusion or mirth. "Family thing, don't worry about that," he simply stated before turning to the box that was left behind. After pushing a couple of buttons, the box opened and revealed a black suit laying on top of a whole host of armor pieces but before the contents could be emptied all over the floor, Shepard intervened.

"Let's take this down to the garage so that you guys don't make a mess of my CIC," the Commander said picking up the lid and placing it back on the box. Fluttershy, having gotten a glimpse at what was in the box, was now very interested in trying on the armor that it contained. "Tali can you help carry the box down to the garage? I and Garrus have to go to the comm room for a briefing."

"Of course Commander," Tali responded and picked up the box, grunting slightly at the weight she had to pick up.

"Don't you need to be at the briefing?" Fluttershy asked Tali as she made her way down the stairs after having split up with the others.

"Not for this one. Shepard wanted to take along all the biotics on this one along with Garrus," Tali grunted as she placed the box down on the elevator's floor. "I'm on backup duty with Lieutenant Commander Williams."

"Oh, I guess that makes sense," Fluttershy said, the elevator buzzed to life and slowly took them down towards the garage. Once they arrived there, Tali reopened the box and laid out the armor on the floor. A datapad was also contained within the box explaining all the various features the armor had.

"Do you think you can put it on yourself?" Tali asked as she finished laying out the armor.

This really doesn't look that complicated but maybe...

1. I think I'll be fine putting it on myself

2. I'll try it on later

3. [Can you help me put it on?]

[Vote link]

Author's Note:

I got LiaAqila to draw me this nice picture of Flutter's armor :twilightsmile:
(More details about it in the next chapter so hold on to your questions and criticism for a bit)

Artist: LiaAqila

[Paragon] or a [Renegade] Are colored when available, though normal options might also contribute to one or the other. As for the shippers under us [Romance] is now also a thing.
When an option is not available due to various reasons it will be colored [Grey]

https://www.strawpoll.me/17902747
[Certainty: 50]

Remember that comments are like authors' food, we gain energy from them. Constructive criticism is welcome.

PreviousChapters Next