• Published 27th Mar 2019
  • 10,991 Views, 469 Comments

The Pale Eagle of White Tail - Timeless Lord Slayer



A trade. That's all it was. A simple pack of cigarettes for a shiny new cellphone. Sadly, I didn't read the fine print.

  • ...
35
 469
 10,991
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 61 )

Next chapter will be Wednesday next week, folks! That's a solemn promise! We're already working on the final chapter of the current arc as I type this! Hope you all enjoy!

This clip is good enough I guess

10818963
Thank la for the info. It's good to see this story is back.

Yay, I wonder what he is going to do with luna's mane and tail. I also wonder if he is limited to the weapons in Witcher and Terraria, because if he isn't I want to see him attempt to craft the BLADE(Battlefield Logic ADaptable Electronic) system from the Vanquish video game. That would be so fun, plus it would save him inventory space.

10820204 You'll have to wait and see, now won't you~?

10820133 No problem, and thank you, it's good to be back. :twilightsmile:

10819849 Indeed it does. I did say it wasn't going to be dead forever, and I endeavor to keep my promises.

10820279
Okay. I shall wait and see

10822200 Every franchise affilated with this story is listed in the description, but to answer your question; High Lord isn't referencing anything but a title, even if the character said title is tied to is heavily tied to the Witcher franchise (if you try to read up on that franchise, set aside a LOOOOOOOOT of weeks. It's extremely lore heavy, no matter if you read the books only or the games) and as for "Child", you'll have to be more specific, but I'd wager it's either Narinye simply being demeaning, or a reference to Durin's status as a human with Archon blood (Fable series, also fairly lore heavy, though not as much as the Witcher). I honestly wouldn't worry too much about understanding the lore of those games though; Durin will do a fairly good job of explaining whatever pops up, even if only after the event or action happens. I'm pretty sure I made certain to describe anything pertaining to not just those two franchises but also Terraria as well, so if you're ever lost simply let me know and I'll try to edit and make it more clear, or just look it up via the Witcher Fandom Wiki or the Fable Fandom Wiki.

Hope this helps!

10822554 That is a point in the story that will be explained in a few bonus chapters set in Durin's earliest days in Equestria, ranging from his training, his building of his home and defenses and gear, and finally, the big reasons why they were truly hunting him, and why they hired a monster hunter like Tora to go after him initially.

Hey, guys. Sorry, but due to life hitting us in the jugular, as well as the chapter becoming longer than we anticipated, the date for the next chapter to be posted has been moved. It'll be posted sometime later this weekend. I'm terribly sorry.

Bows deeply

10824272 I know I'm just saying that it is easy to confuse them in real life By the way you should get a mount (I suggest finding one in a treasure bag along with the mushroom merchant sent to you were able to get into the mushroom biome that way you can get a pair of wings)

10824642 Wings are planned for a very different chapter and arc, both for Tora and Durin. While wings and the merchant are possible to find in the Mushroom Biome, the personal lore of the story is still fairly different from Terraria's, and thus the NPCs from Terraria are not likely to show for some time, if at all.

10824671
K that's fair you want to do a crossover with My character Ayumi?

10824765 That will require myself and my co-authors researching your story first, then discussing the idea. I will let you know when we have an answer. First, though, could you link me to the story?

Hello, everyone. Much as I hate saying this yet again, it must be said. Due to complications during the writing of the new chapter, we will be postponing the posting of said chapter for a good few weeks and will instead be focusing on other stories and projects in the meantime.

I have no excuses for breaking my previous promise, only apologies.

Bows deeply

10830080
Take as much time as you need after all we faithfully waited this long for it to update, so waiting a bit longer for an amazing story won't hurt. :twilightsmile:

10832624 You've no idea how much the three of us appreciate that. Truly, thank you.

So reread this an caught up. I do hope to see more soon! Keep up the good work.

Comment posted by Timeless Lord Slayer deleted Aug 28th, 2021

10936167
10822554 As promised, the first of the new chapters explaining the hatred and bigotry aimed at Durin has been posted! Check it out!

This came across my recommendation list and I was like but why the story has not been updated in forever and see three new chapters months ago is this going to be consistently updated again or sporadically

10955271 Sporadically, but only until the schedules of myself and my co-writers match up again.

The swamp is churning with rage…

Oh no

Extremely excited to see this being updated. Honestly forgot what it was at first then I had to reread to remember, glad I decided to and that you’re (sorta) back. Looking forward to future chapters

Just so everyone knows where things are at with this story and why mine and my colleagues' schedules don't match up that much currently, basically, this story is NOT planned to be cancelled or left dead. It will always be updated, even if sporadically with long pauses between each update, like now.

As for why it is being updated in such a manner, well, that has to do with the schedules of myself and my co-writers. See, whilst one of us - Rezas - is pretty much always available, even now, myself and Nova aren't. Nova is going through school after school, college after college, job after job.

As for me? I had to quit my job due to my new boss pretty much actively trying to get rid of me anyway and being a complete bitch about it, among MANY other things. Thus, my time nowadays is spent trying to find a new job or at least some way of getting income. Personally I would prefer being able to survive just by writing on here and getting money through my Patreon, but that is not in the cards Fate has dealt me, sadly.

Add onto all that that my half-brother is getting married in a few weeks, both of my sisters are in the hospital and have been for a little over a month, and the fact that I and my family have to pick up all the chores and jobs my father once did due to him having to rest from his surgery, and you've got me being very busy most days.

Regardless, this is all the main reason the updates have been so few and far between recently.

“Worth it,” Tora said, drinking a glass of milk while setting one in front of Vinyl. “Here, try this.”

Now wait just a god damn minute is... is that what I think it is?

Hello, everyone. I imagine many of you have known for a while now that the opening theme for the story has been made private all of a sudden, and is thus not viewable anymore. This is going to be amended as soon as is possible by us adding a new theme when we can, but, sadly, for now it will remain as is until we can find a suitable replacement.

Deepest apologies for the inconvenience.

10964517
Or to a flightless bird

10955506
Shrek has entered the chat

10968939

Imagine monsters start to appear In our world, and a bunch of police officers encounter a 12 foot tall alien creature in the middle of a monster attack.

How would those humans react? They would react much more extreme than the ponies did. They would have shoot instantly.

That's why this is so annoying, they reaction was understandable, the one overreacting and not trying to put himself in the shoes of the ponies that encounter him in such a chaotic situation is him.

10969193 Again, there are more parts to it all, which are being explained in the Transmission chapters, the first of which has already come out a few days ago.

I understand the dislike for what is seen as a sudden and unnecessary drama, believe me, I do. But I will say with this particular comment that Durin reacting as he did is due to the fact that it was a chaotic situation and that he was already high-strung. Think for a moment; how many humans, regular humans, do you know that can or would stay calm after being bombarded with even a fraction of what has happened so far in this story to Durin?

As someone recently commented, if even a regular human was faced with one monster from this story that Durin has had to face, they'd panic and likely empty a full clip if not a number of clips into said monster, police officer or otherwise.

Then, look at all the other times a Boss monster or just a dangerous monster has appeared in the story. Durin rarely is actually truly calm in every combat encounter. He doesn't go into full-on panic, but, he is obviously not all that calm, either. The reason? Well, Durin has a very unique personality type. Furthermore, well, his emotions were not stunted by the mutations he underwent due to plot reasons. And beyond that?

Well, let's just say the rest will be explained in the next Transmission chapter.

10969504
I hope so, because the animosity that Durin is showing against the ponies for a understandable reaction in that situation makes him look petty.

I can understand that he was nervous after the boss fight, but it happened weeks ago, enough time to think about it calmly.

It would be nice that he starts calming down and stop acting so hysterical, going balistic because of that seem off.

Good look with the story :)

*Reads all 24 chapters and realized it's on Hiatus....*

Nooooo! I wanted to se those two get together!!a

11003215 More will be coming, but there are many other circumstances to get through first.

Can I have some inspiration from you specifically from one chapter?

11122621 Sure, shoot me a PM and we can talk 'bout it! :twilightsmile:

11123285
I had an epiphany...Gabe can receive an upgrade for just about every debuff under the sun soooo. What if one of the the debuff upgrades he gets allows him to inflict the oiled debuff which in non-modded is only inflictable by the player if they wear the huntress/red riding armor in tandem with the old ones army sentry the Explosive trap. To wrap this up oiled massively boosts the power of all fire debuffs and combined you can pull over 100 dps from debuffs ALONE. Talk about goin out in a blaze of glory!

Is this story dead?

11146678
No. 'Tis resting. Updates have not come due to life catching up to all three of us,but they are in the works.

A reminder to any still wondering; no, this story is not dead. Yes, it is going to be continued. It's as was said previously - it is resting. There are two other stories in high demand of updates, my two friends are dealing with their own hurdles as I have been (read the recent blogs if you wish to know more on that) and my focus has thus been on the stories I can easily update and that aren't co-written.

Regardless, story not dead, story is sleepy.

I really liked Tora's character and her reason you suck speech to the ponies because its kinda hypocritical on the ponies part as they love to talk a big game and preach friendship yet they are extremely racist and xenophobic towards non ponies. now the whole "get used to you thing" is kinda true but how long is that going to realistically take

I NEED MORE OMG THIS IS SO GOOD!!!

An update for everyone; the story is not dead, nor canceled. It's just a lot of personal matters hitting all of us and causing delays; mostly myself. Another chapter will come out soon but I can't gurantee when.

Me waiting for the new chapter be like

I really love the story good job keep up the good work

Login or register to comment