• Published 10th Dec 2011
  • 4,508 Views, 145 Comments

Unexpected Love - Vinyl Scratch

  • ...
7
 145
 4,508

Chapter 10

Octavia was asleep until the sound of the fridge opening and dishware moving woke her. The sound of a dish crashing to the ground made her fling herself into a sitting position, her eyes shooting open as she noticed she was alone in bed, "Vinyl!"

The room was pitch black except for a single blinding light coming from the kitchen. It took her a short time for her eyes to adjust to the light, noticing the white pony with her head in the fridge once her eyes finally did. "So the first thing you do when you wake up is raid their fridge?" she asked Vinyl. When she didn't respond Octavia got out of bed to check on Vinyl. "Are you okay?" Vinyl once again didn't respond to Octavia. "Are you mad at me Vinyl?"

Octavia ears perked up when she heard something unexpected exit Vinyl's mouth. "Are you... snoring?" Octavia asked the unicorn. Vinyl pulled her head out of the fridge and walked past Octavia. She noticed that Vinyl's eyes were closed the whole time. "Wait? Your sleeptrotting?" Without Vinyl reacting yet again, Octavia was fully convinced that she was. A few moments passed before a dead tired Lyra appeared from the hallway.

"What..." Lyra gave a yawn but quickly covered her mouth with her hoof, "What happened here?" She saw the broken dish on the ground. Octavia went to clean it up while Vinyl continued walking. "Great. Your up Frizzy." Lyra inspected Vinyl as she almost walked into a door but stopped just short and turned around. "You okay?"

"I believe she is sleeptrotting." Octavia answered.

"What? Really?" Lyra didn't believe Octavia until Vinyl snored once more. "Hm, I guess so."

Vinyl made her way to the small staircase that led up to the hallway.She made it half way up until she started to tip backwards, beginning to fall. Octavia let out a quick gasp before she rushed behind Vinyl, ready to catch her. Lyra tried to reach out and grab Vinyl's hoof, but she was only half awake and lost balance causing her to fall forward as well. Doing her best not to fall on top of the other two mares, she turned slightly the right. Lyra managed to dodge the two mares right as Octavia caught Vinyl. Octavia took a few steps backwards to try to regain her balance, but ended up hitting her head against a clock on the wall. She started seeing stars as she slid down the wall, her vision fading until everything went black. As for Lyra, she fell asleep the instant she touched the ground.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bonbon woke up the following morning and turned in bed to say hello to her marefriend. To her surprise Lyra wasn't there, she slowly rose out of bed and and stretched her limbs. "Where did Lyra go?" She asked herself while walking to the bathroom. "It's not like her to wake up so early." Bonbon started to fix her mane in the mirror. "Better go check on how Vin-Vin is doing." She then brushed her teeth and rinsed her mouth out. She recalled the conversation she had with Lyra last night and gave a heavy sigh, "I'm going to have to get back at her for this."

Bonbon made her way to the end of the hall and noticed the three ponies on the floor. "Oh my... " A small sound escaped Lyra's mouth, Bonbon trotted over to her trying to wake her up. "Come on, wake up Lyra." Bonbon poked at her till she woke up.

Lyra tossed about a bit as Bonbon continued to prod her, "Give me five more minutes..." She said before drifting off again. Bonbon persisted, trying to get an answer to what happened here. Lyra gave another tired grunt before opening her eyes. "Ya... what's up Bonbon?" She asked while she slowly rose to her hooves.

"What happened here?" Bonbon asked, "Wait, tell me after we get these two on the bed." Lyra nodded in agreement, trying to remember what happened last night. She made her way to the two mares still asleep, picking Vinyl up and resting her on the bed.

"Lyra, why don't you just use your magic?"

"Oh ya!" The mare put a hoof to her own chin as her horn started to glow. "Forgot about that" She said sheepishly, "Still not quite awake." Lyra levitated Octavia with her magic and rested her next to Vinyl. "Tavi' wake up." Lyra prodded Octavia slightly until she was awake. "Oh, good, you're up."

"What happened last night?" Octavia asked sitting up and rubbing the back of her head, remnants of pain dispersing as she massaged them away.

"Wasn't Vinyl sleeptrotting or something?"

"I believe so."

Bonbon fetched three glasses of milk and put a dab of honey in each of them. "Here you two go." Bonbon took a seat to the right of Octavia, Lyra was to the left and Vinyl was behind them.

"So... hungry..." The three mares turned around to see Vinyl talking in her sleep. "Octy... get... some... food..."

"Even when she's unconscious she wants to eat. Bonbon do you mind..." Octavia turned to ask Bonbon for some food, but she saw Bonbon was already in the kitchen working on something.

Lyra turned to Octavia, "While we wait for breakfast, how about I show you around town for a bit?"

Octavia thought about it for a second before shaking her head. "No thanks, I'm going to eat first, I'm starved."

"I'm so sorry honey, but breakfast wont be done for another hour or so." Bonbon then stopped what she was doing and grabbed a pouch from the table, trotted to Octavia and dropped it in her hoof. "Here, go get yourself something to eat while I get breakfast ready."

"I could never."Octavia tried to give the pouch back.

"I insist." Bonbon pushed Octavia's hoof back. Octavia tried to protest again but to no avail. "Now go and get something to eat."

"But if I eat now I won't be hungry in an hour."

"Oh? You don't have bottomless pit like Vin-Vin? Bonbon returned to the kitchen. "Okay then, I'll make you a small salad to hold you for later." Bonbon made her way to the fridge. She opened the fridge and her jaw dropped. "Lyra?"

"How much did you eat when you got up this morning?"

"I haven't eaten anything since last night."

"Okay then... what about you Octavia?"

"Same as Lyra, why, what's wrong?"

Bonbon opened the refrigerator door fully to reveal the lack of contents to the others. "Well then who ate all the food!"

"Vinyl was in the fridge last night, but I have no idea how she ate all the food." Octavia answered, just as bewildered as Bonbon.

"Wait, how did she eat the food in the first place?"

"We think she was sleeptrotting, and I guess she ate it while she was asleep..." Lyra answered for Octavia, sounding a bit confused with her answer, "I've never heard of sleep-eating before."

"Okay then, does that have anything to do with how you three wound up on the floor?"

"Actually, yes, she was sleeptrotting as you know, and after she was done eating, she started to walk up the stairs," Octavia started.

"Then she fell back to 'sleep' and started to fall, so we both tried catching her, and then, I think I fell back to sleep..." Lyra added.

"And I hit something while keeping Vinyl from falling, then I blacked out for a while." Octavia finished.

"Hmm..." Bonbon was thinking hard while she brought a small assortment of ingredients from seemingly nowhere, placing them on the counter as she got ready to cook.

Lyra trotted to Bonbon and looked at what she was starting to make "What's you thinking Bonie?"

Bonbon looked at Lyra, "What did you just call me?"

"Bonie. Is that alright? I heard Frizzy call you that a couple of times."

"Sure." Lyra looked up to see Bonbon had a small blush.

"Why are you blushing?" Lyra asked, looking confused.

"Well, it's just that Vin-Vin calls me that because the word, 'bonny' with a 'y' instead of a 'ie' means physically attractive and she says my body is-"

"Sexy..." Vinyl muttered in her sleep. All three looked at Vinyl.

"You sure you're asleep Vinyl?"Octavia asked.

The three giggled when Vinyl responded to Octavia's question with a simple "Ya..." A few seconds later Vinyl started to complain, "Bon...ie hurry... up..."

"She sure is more cooperative knocked out than awake." Bonbon gave some thought to what she just said, "Well, at least with speech she is."

~~~~~~

Bonbon trotted into the living room again, four dishes balanced on her back, watching the two other mares argue about music again before setting them down on the table. "Okay foods ready. I made some apple pie with granny smith apples, homemade lentil soup, and whole wheat lasagna." Bonbon said, trotting back into the kitchen and returning with four bowls.

"All this in a hour?!" Octavia asked in shock, unable to believe it.

"Well, to be fair I did prepare most of it last night when Vin-Vin went to find Rainbow Dash, I just finished it off today. Good thing the lasagna doesn't have to be cooked."

"Where did you get the extra food?"

"I bought a second fridge in case I get a big order from somepony." Bonbon walked back to the kitchen, grabbing the apple pie, steam still emanating from the delicious desert.

"I thought you worked in the sweets making business."

Bonbon returned with the pie, setting it down in the middle of the table. "I do, but sometimes Lyra can't get a music gig for a while, so I got a part time job at a restaurant in Sanctuaire de Couples: 'The most beautiful hotel in Equestria.'"

"THE five star hotel!? Who even Prince Blueblood has to get in line to check in!?" Octavia's jaw dropped, unable to believe where Bonbon worked.

Lyra took a seat next to Octavia and waited as Bonbon started serving the plates of food. When Bonbon set down the plates Lyra started to quickly, but neatly, eat her food. Bonbon took a seat and looked at Octavia, "So you know it?" She said with a smile.

"Who doesn't?" Octavia said after quickly swallowing the savory food.

"Well, they say it's the perfect place for new and old couples. The manager owes me a favor, so and I can get you and Vin-Vin five free nights."

"I couldn't. You and Lyra should go."

"Oh silly," Bonbon giggled. "We already have five nights booked for ourselves."

"But it's still to much to ask for."

"Nonsense, I owe Vin-Vin a favor anyways, this will be my way of repaying it." Bonbon took a pause to eat some pie. "And think, the first time you and Vin-Vin will have sex will be in the best hotel in Equestria! A smile spread across Bonbon's face as Octavia froze mid-bite.

Octavia flushed so brightly that she almost went ultraviolet. "I-I don't know what you're talking about." Octavia hurriedly said. "But what if..." She thought to herself. She tried to sneak a look at Vinyl who was still sleeping, she looked so, peaceful, as she lay there, with not a care in the world...

Bonbon instantly caught it and giggled a bit. "I knew you two didn't do it yet." Bonbon said as Lyra burst out laughing. Octavia shot a look at Lyra that made her stop laughing, but a mischievous smile was still plastered to her lips.

Vinyl tossed around in bed a bit. "Come here Octy, I'll show you a 'fun' way to use that love stick." Vinyl turned once more, "Of course the feeling is good... but I... can make you feel... better with... my hor-" Before Vinyl could finish Octavia grabbed Lyra's hoof and galloped out the door.

"What's that Lyra? Show me around? Of course!" Octavia slammed the door shut. The noise was loud enough to make Vinyl stop talking.

The instant the two mares left Bonbon giggled again. "You sure picked yourself a perfect partner didn't you?" Bonbon grabbed all the dishes besides Vinyl's and returned to the kitchen. "I'm hoping that you two will have fun at the hotel."

"What hotel?" Bonbon jumped up and did a one-eighty to see Vinyl sitting up and eating the lasagna in three bites. A grin spread across Vinyl's face, "Bonnie, you sure know how to cook!" Vinyl worked on the soup second, and lastly, the pie. Vinyl finished eating all three parts in ten seconds flat. "That has to be one of the best meals you've ever cooked."

"So how are you feeling Vin-Vin?" Bonbon trotted over and took a seat next to Vinyl.

"Pretty good, just kinda confused, the last thing I remember is sitting down yesterday and feeling pretty odd." Vinyl put a hoof to her chin to think about it. "Ah, Octy smacked me after we talked and I got knocked out. Totally worth it by the way." She said with a smile before turning to Bonbon, "Now what hotel?"

"Oh, well let me start from when I woke up." Bonbon took a sip of her milk and started to talk. "Well I woke up in bed, I turned to say hi to Lyra but..."

Comments ( 31 )

Woohoo! Now I need to wait for the next chapter.
Feel free to beat me over the head with a wet noodle for any mistakes you find.

truly awesome my friend, and yes this is Doctor Whooves from Steam :scootangel:

I lol'd

Horns can be used for things other than making love? WHAT

My Face lit up after i read what vinyl said :twilightblush:

Yeah..... five star hotel romantic night uhhhhhhhh >.> one thing leads to another

Oh dear i didn't know horns could work like that

150240 of course. That's the best way to use them. :ajsmug:

10k VIEWS!!! If only Vinyl was on to see it :(

(Got a screen-cap of it at least)

Edit: Forgot to add the link, here it is: Unexpected Love hits 10k views

153821 Ive seem to have turned to the darkside cause of my mind splitting in two on how horns work

sorry im crazy now

see you soon my little ponies

th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/299/0/4/halloween_by_copycatastrophe-d4e1l5n.png

157067 Don't worry crazy is great in bed :ajsmug:

162383 crazy is great in bed hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :pinkiegasp:

I LOVE BEING CRAZY :pinkiecrazy:

QUICK QUICK QUICK


I need to be somewhere jump in someones story like pinkie pie going like omgwtfheywahtsup blah blah blah :derpyderp2:

and they are all like wtf who are you how did you get here :rainbowhuh:

and im like I HAVE NO IDEA! :pinkiehappy:

muahahaha :DDDD

Magnificent. This reads like a romantic comedy. But unlike most romantic comedy's it doesn't make me want the rip my eyes out.

174479 You really mean it? Well good sir you have just made my month because of that. Have a great February and I hope I can continue to make everypony happy. But ya thanks for reading even if you hatted it means the world to me

Don't worry guys and gals I'm trying as hard as I can for this story. It's not that I don't enjoy it I really do it's just that I'm not feeling this chapter so I'm going to do a different story I had in mind. My next story has been bothering me for sometime now so I'm going to start it maybe later I'll get back to chapter 11, it will be out! But a lot later than I was hoping. Great now I feel bad for leaving you guys without my chapter. Oh well sorry guys, my story isn't even that good compared to the other things out there. SO ya sorry I kept you all from the news until now. Hope your not mad :fluttershyouch:.

Also if anypony is good at drawing please pm me... ya I kinda suck at it so... yup.

188667 your story is just wonderful how can you say its not good :fluttercry:

194065 Thanks for the story complement. But I just think I'm bad at writing these things. Although I can almost promise you that my upcoming story will be awesome. (Hopefully.)

194920 i dont think your bad at writing these things you are pretty darn good at this

194920 Remember, if you need any help, I got your back. A bit sad that your putting this awesome story on hiatus, but whatever you need to do.

197940 Thanks bro but I'm all set for now.

It's better than my story! Oh Celestia, my story's horrible. :twilightoops:

Anyway, great story, keep writing!! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

254121 Come on. I'm more than 100% sure that your story is better.

254236 Yours is WAY better! If you want to, you can read it. But I'm warning you, it's horrible.

Constructive or fan-girl?
Constructively fan-girlish.

Okay. To begin with, I want to congratulate you on drawing me this far into your story. Very well done. However I do have a little criticism.

Firstly, there are a few spelling and grammatical errors throughout the piece. Nothing too major and certainly none that are overly obvious unless you're a super Literacy Nazi. For example:
- Throughout the story you seem to constantly substitute the word "yeah" with the 'text talk' version; "ya".
- Octavia faced-hoofed, "Am I the only sane pony here?" No need for the 'd' at the end of face in face-hoofed.
- "That's what I wanted to here." Vinyl jumped off her with a victorious smile. It should be 'hear', not 'here'.
Etc.

Secondly, I feel that it perhaps moves a little fast and that you perhaps rely on the characters' words to carry the story. A little more detail and a little less rush to get around can make the story seem so much more full and understandable.

All in all, however, this is a very enjoyable story that I do hope to read more of in the future. As picky as I am, it is different from most and even with the errors it is still worth reading. :twilightsmile:

This story is truly incredible. The mood, flow, and character development all blend together exceptionally well. The only thing I have a problem with is some of your character traits. Who in their right mind gives someone/somepony a concussion without meaning to, and for that matter why did they not take her to the hospital in the morning. There were a few other character traits that really had me wondering who on this planet could possibly inspire such odd personalities. Still an amazing story and look forward to whatever else you have planned.
Sincerely;
The Fictional Critic.

Additionally, have you considered bringing in any prereaders.

1278326
I'm trying, but I have been really busy working on my non-pony stories. But sooner or later I will come up something for the next chapter

I implore you to write more.

Comment posted by SnowBRONY2345 deleted Jul 20th, 2013

PLEASE MAKE MORE!!!:flutterrage:

THIS IS BEST TAVISCRATCH/BONLYRA FLUFF I EVER READ MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rainbowkiss::twilightsmile::rainbowkiss::twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment