• Published 9th Dec 2011
  • 4,049 Views, 61 Comments

Celestia's Ascension to madness - storiesatrandom



Tragic. Celestia. Nightmare Moon. Celestia's Ascension to madness

  • ...
9
 61
 4,049

Chapter 4

Act 4: Celestia vs. Gilda.

Morning rose. There was a meditating Celestia, bringing her thoughts togather of what is she about to do. She hated herself for agreeing to that demon's game, but, what choose does she have? It's either play her sick game, or doom everypony to be destroyed by the Elements of Disharmony. She can't bear the idea of Twilight being killed in battle by these Elements of disharmony, the griffin in pacticular. She knows how strong, physitcally powerful, and furuious griffins can be. She knows this from the pony/griffin war from a year after Nightmare's banishment. The Griffins were ruled by a greedy king, with a kind but cowardly hopeless queen. The king wanted more land, so he shought to congure Equestia, and enslave the ponies because on the fact he had no other idea what to do with them. Celestia ambassitored to Griffonmainia, tried to reason with the king, but he merely just insulted her, even smugly said she better enjoyed being ruler while she still can. Celestia was left with little choose but to prepare Equestia for war. That was when the guards came in. she personally trained the most physicaly strong staillians or the most determined mares Equestia had to offer some of the more easyer moves of Alicorn-fu, like the fast tackle or the kick! Weapons training wasn't nessersary, all types of mortal ponies had a nack to don weapons, though against Celestia's tastes, usually a peace preferring ruler. She normally offer peaceful treaties to contreies that began to get ideas about attacking Equestia, but the contreies that settled down were mostly pony dominated. Celestia considered herself lucky she talked the queen of dragons out of making ponies diamond collecting slaves because the queen admired her compation for the shorter ponies. The griffin king, in the other hand, had other interests, and it's not just earth ponies, Pegisi, and Unicorns he wanted to enslave, he wanted Celestia to become his personal Skullery maid. Celestia was disgusted by her mistreatment from that tyrant. She gain ideas that the griffins did not deserve such a cruel king, and vowed to end his reign. Support from the griffin cizisins from the other hand, was neutrol at best: while supporters to the kind queen began to form rebellions throughout Griffonmainia, the cruel king's royalist side were turn into soldiers of uniformity. Celestia sighed when she remembered what that war was like. The battles were partly one-sided: the Griffins had the advantaged of the strench of lions, the speed and eyes of birds of prey, and the talons to boot. Fortuneitly, the ponies were orginised in comparistion, the griffin army was over-comident, they don't believe in stragigys, they just advanced and charged, and repeat. It was a stupidly simple, but someway bizzarely effective tactic! While ponies were orginised, they were physitcaly weaker then griffins, but that didn't meant they never faced causaltys, mind you. Alcourse, most of the griffin kills were curisy, whether she wants to admit it or not, was Celestia. Her prowless, her size, and yes, genius, her magic, prove to much to the griffin forces! Dispite this, the griffins remained large, and advancing. Equestia was falling into abusive griffin darkness! That was when the kind hearted queen desided to control the rebelian go forth to side with the struggling ponies! The congured lands were re-claimed, major generals of both sides were lost, till a dwindling leftovers of the griffin armies were chased off at last. Celestia, with reassurance from the still kind hearted, but desideive queen of the griffins, declared an invadtion on Griffinmainia, more directly to it's capital of castle Von Griffin. And Celestia, was the one who had to fight him. It was personal…. She began to remember that particular battle….

In the past.

Von Griffin castle was burning, rebel griffins and ponies were fighting and winning against the uniformed Griffins. Inside a burning thowne room, was Celestia, facing face-to-face in a stand off with the Griffin king. The Griffin King said: "I must admit, dispite being but a bunch of minutare horses, you had managed to lead my kingdom to shamples! Well, all minor setbacks, when I defeat you in battle, princess. You alone can't defeat me, exspeically when I am double your size!" Celestia said: "Over comident fool! You may had a griffion's physical power, but you are outmatched! Not only I can fly, but I proses Alicorn fu, great unmatched arial and ground speed, and my magic, shames your Griffin brute force. (Smiles smugly) alcourse, it pays to have the intelligents to boot!" The griffin king roared! And he charged! Celestia jumped over the Griffin King! She then flew up, and ariely charged kicked the Griffin King in the back of the head! She then grabbed the Griffin's leg and ariel flip throw him to the wall! The Griffin King got up, and growled. Celestia remained smug, she wasn't gonna be imtimidated by an over grown haif-breed of a bird and a lion. She only readied herself. The Griffin King charged! Celestia kicked flipped him away! The Girffin King smashed into the wall! Celestia only laughed. Celestia said: "Why not just give up. I may not be a griffin, but I am something just as, or maybe more powerful, an Alicorn." The Griffin king stuggles to get up. He smiled. The Griffin King said: "At least I didn't banished my sibling from the face of the world for 1000 years!" Celestia gasped at the Griffin's offence! She got angry, eyes turned firey, mane became firey, tail as well, and horn glowed, then became fire, she entered rage mode! The Griffin King gasped! He became afraid! He had to open his big beak. Celestia yelled in a booming, angry voice: "YOU SHALL DIE FOR YOUR IMPUDENTS! IT'S TIME YOUR CRUEL REIGN ENDS! NOW, DIE!" Celestia breathed fire at the Griffin king, he had no time to react or escape, he's a sitting duck! The fire engulfed him, as the Griffin King roared in pain! It can be heard outside the burning castle, both sides stop fighting in responds to the roar! They know exsactly what is going on! The Griffin King began to disiappear into ash, the power too great! Celestia returned to normal, horraived of what she done. There lies a pile of burned feathers and ashes, with a nearly melted crown on top. Celestia dropped, began crying out of control, over-powered by great remorse.

In the present.

She softly teared at that. She had to be saved by the surprisingly forgiving Griffin Queen, as Von Griffin castle fall in flames. The Griffin queen took over the kingdom with the Griffin king's more kinder, more respectful brother, and lead Griffinmaina on the path of independence. The griffin queen and the kinder king she knew had long since passed on, but their great desentents continued the kinder path. Celestia sighed again, she isn't dealing with a corrupted Griffin king, but a simple, much smaller, but as much impudent female griffin. Celestia's meditation ended. Celestia said: "I'll have to suit up." Her horn glowed, then came a flash! Celestia was now in a white Ninja attire. Flowing mane and tail disappeared when the suit came. All her body but her eyes, horn, and wings covered. Celestia opened the window, jump flipped off! Then flew!

Meanwhile, at one of the canterlot towers, are a sleeping Twilight, and her friends. Applejack was the first to wake up, due to being self-trained to wake up so early to get to the early morning farm chorses. She was already walking out to make breakfast for her friends. She packed some food from the farm just in case Celestia might be less willing to comply, and they had to be close at all times by the order of Luna. Her friends began to yawn and stir at the smell for something smelling good. Twilight said: "Hey, Applejack, something smells great." Applejack said: "Thought y'all like some breakfast, since we're gonna be here for quite while. Twi, are you mighty sad about the Princess?" Twilight frown. Twilight said: "I am, but Luna told me I need to be strong, for Celestia, ensured me Celestia will come clean about what is causing her deep, emotional pain, and will let us help her. I trust Luna. I want to help Celestia though this, for return of the kindness she gave me in my childhood." Rarity came to confert Twilight. Rarity said: "Twilight, darling, rest assured, the princess will open up sooner or later. She may be a divine pony, but she's still a pony, she has feelings, and can feel all forms of pain, physical, and emotional." Rainbow dash came over as well. Rainbow said: "Rarity's right, Twilight, maybe the princess wanted some alone time. We all want that after we went through something really bad." Twilight smiled. Twilight said: "Your right. I'm just on edge is all." Rarity said: "We're all atad worried for the princess's sake." Rainbow dash said: "We all are loyal to her and care for her, Twilight." AppleJack said: "And don't Y'all forget it." Twilight said: "You all are great friends, girls." Apple Jack went back to the oven, seeing breakfast done. Applejack said: "Pie's done!" Pinkie Pie came from no where and scream: "PIE! OH MY!" She grabs the pie from Apple Jack and hits the pie on herself! Her friends laughed. Rainbow dash said: "Pinkie Pie, you are so random." Apple Jack said, after finishing laughing: "Well, looks we're going out for breakfast." Rarity said: "I'm buying!" the girls left the tower, and went into town. Not a lot of ponies out, possably due to that the more sfistocated folk like to take their time, getting dress (considered rare in a clothing opstional world) and having their own breakfast. Twilight said: "Gee, I hope we can find a restaurant open so early." Rainbow Dash said: "Maybe even so much as a Dasiy dog stand." Pinkie Pie gasped very loudly! Pinkie Pie pointed to the rooftops! Apple Jack said: "Huh, (looks at the direction Pinkie Pie was pointing) WHAT THE HAY?" There was a very tall white alicorn ninja running across the rooftops! Rarity said: "Is that, what I think it is?" Pinkie Pie said with young filly-like excutment: "IT'S AN ALICORN NINJA! MY DREAM TO MEET ONE AND NINJA FIGHT IT IS COMING TRUE!" Pinkie Pie suddenly poofed! Pinkie Pie is now a pink ninja! She was preforming moves with a fake japinese accent! Rainbow dash said: "Let's catch it and see what it wants!" she flew off! Both Twilight and all her friends are not aware that the very white ninja was Celestia, not aware of her deal with the demon ghost of Nightmare Moon, or their princess had Alicorn fu training, and was a freaken white ninja to begin with! Rainbow dash casually flied next to the white ninja! She said: "So, your both a ninja and an Alicorn? So, are you related to Celestia, cause you got a sun on the chest of your costume!" the ninja looks at Rainbow, and runs off! Rainbow dash shouted: "Hey, I was talking to you!" Rainbow dash flew faster, next to the ninja! Rainbow dash said: "I'll give you this, your pretty fast for somepony with those legs! I mean, storky much?" the ninja stared at Rainbow like she was offended, but shooked out of it as she ran off again! Rainbow dash said: "I didn't meant to be offenceive!" as she flew faster! Rainbow Dash tries to interest the Ninja. Rainbow dash said: "I got ya now, Pajama Girl!" the ninja leaped! To Rainbow Dash's amazement, as well as her friends from below, the ninja preform a bunch of flips over Rainbow dash! Then lands, then resumes running! Rainbow dash said: "I could use some help, guys, this guy, or girl's a real pro!" AppleJack said, bring out her lazzo: "I got ya covered!" she lazzoed the nearest thin tree, and pulls on it! Applejack said: "Every pony climb on!" Twilight, Pinkie, and Rarity complied! Fluttershy said: "Um, no thanks, um, I can fly." Applejack said: "We need y'all to help Rainbow to catch us anyway!" Fluttershy said: "Huh?" Applejack got on! Applejack said: "Ok, everypony, on three! THREE!" Twilight said: "But what about 1 and-" Applejack lets go of the rope, tree sents them to the sky! Twilight yells: "TWO!" the ninja stops to she Twilight, and three of her friends asent to the sky! She wanted to help, but she felt a dark presents preventing her. She heard Nightmare's voice: "Don't forget our little arrangement, Celly! Besides, your dimwit of a student and her geek friends aren't in any danger! Behold!" the ninja looks at Fluttershy and Rainbow holding a huge blanket, and catches Pinkie, Applejack, Twilight, and Rarity! The voice said again: "See? Now get moving! My choosen griffin isn't gonna wait for you! By the way, I don't think you'll want your little student and her friends know your secret, do you?" the ninja sees Twilight leading her friends towords her! The voice said: "Get moving, sunny!" the white ninja resumed running! Twilight said: "Wait! We just wanna talk!" the ninja almost didn't wanted to defi her, but she was on a mission to protact her! It may be called to some sacrivices! Ignoring her student, is a great one. The ninja's horn glowed, the ninja teleported! Twilight and friends halted! Twilight said: "She teleported!" Pinkie Pie said sadly: "Aw, and I brought my best ninja costume for nothing." Twilight said: "We need to tell Celestia or Luna about the new Alicorn ninja! Maybe they know who he, or she was!"

Meanwhile, in the everfree forest, resides a mountain with a cave enterence. There resides Gilda, resting. Gilda has been doing some strong thinking, maybe she should've given Rainbow Dash's new friends another chance. But, she also does not have the imfamous griffin courage to face Rainbow for what she said. Gilda said: "Maybe I just needed another flight. Get some fresh air. Yeah, a nice flight is what I so need." Gilda got up, and flew off. Gilda was preforming arial tricks, like she used to do with Rainbow, unaware from on one of the trees, lying in wait, was Celestia, still in her white ninja get-up! The voice returned. It said: "Well, what's the hold up? There's the element weilder of betrail! Why don't you seek her out?" Celestia said: "Why do you wish to help ruin your plans?" Nightmare's voice said: "Don't get me wrong, Celly, I am merely motivating you to be defeated by my most merciless choose. A griffin was perfect because, well, I heard about that, disagreement between you and the Griffin King of old." Celestia gasped! Nightmare's voice said: "That's right, I read your mind! I explored you memories, your dreams….. Your wrose fears. So, I advase you get to work, ASAP." Celestia flew up. Gilda was fully unaware of the impending battle, until-

Celestia swoohed past her!

Gilda yelled: "WHOA!" Celestia turned around, katronas' ready! Gilda look in surprise of this sudden advirary, and remain calm. Gilda said: "Yo, what's your beef, tall-stack?" Celestia shouted: "Don't talk like that to me, Griffin. I came to stop you becoming a threat to equestia!" Gilda said: "Look, sorry to make you look stupid, or anything, but your barking up the wrong tree, babe. So, why don't you judo-chop a Samari or something, I'm busy." Celestia said: "Don't try to make yourself inosent, Element of disharmony weilder Betrail! I know you made no attempt to re-deemed yourself to Rainbow dash for standing up to you after she discover your abuse to the ponies, and her friends." Gilda gasped! Celestia said: "Yes, I know, Griffin. I come to defeat you, and turn you into a gem as your punishment, griffin. Now, are you gonna give up, fight, or run away? Either way, you'll face retribution." Gilda puts on a smug face, twists her neck, then readies her talons. Gilda said: "Griffins never run from a fight." Celestia said: "Hmm, typicial griffin overcomidents." Gilda charges! Celestia douges! Gilda quickly turned around and said: "Your pretty fast for a tall, uh, say, are you a pony?" Celestia said: "Let's put it this way, I am a pony, but I am spiecal then others." Gilda said: "(Scoffs) yeah, got that you have a horn, and wings. Your one of them Alicorn types, right?" Celestia said: "I see griffins has stopped being mindless beasts." Gilda said: "Just us girls, anyway, boys are pretty stupid." Celestia shooked her head. Celestia said: "ENOUGH TALK! Let's fight!" Gilda said: "Hey, that's my line!" Gilda charged at Celestia! Celestia douges, but Gilda manages to hit her, though only sussful at ripping Celestia's ninja costume. Celestia turn to the rip, relived that she douged quick enough! But, she unknowingly allowed Gilda a window of oppitunity for Gilda to strike! Gilda charges! Slams into Celestia! Gilda puts Celestia in a strangle hold! Celestia grabs Gilda and tosses her! Gilda was able to stop herself fast enough. Gilda looks at the charging Alicorn Ninja! Gilda returns the charge with the mightiest griffin roar she can offer! The two collied! Causing a huge sonic-rain boom, Celestia sytile!

Back in canterlot, the explowtion was seen from afar. Residents took notice in fear! As well as Twilight and Friends! Twilight said: "Is that a, a." Rainbow dash said: "A sonic rain-boom! Only with the colors of Celestia's mane!" Twilight said: "We got to get to Luna or Celestia, now!"

BACK IN THE FOREST

Celestia and Gilda, flouting face-to-beckface. Staring at eachother. Talons and Katronias drawn. Gilda said, rather smug and proud of herself: "Your move, Storky-legs." Celestia charged, too fast for Gilda to even make a move! The Alicorns slammed into Gilda, then flip-kicked her torwords her cave in the mountain! Gilda smashed right in her cave, causing her stuff to fall everywhere! Celestia charged right in!

Back at canterlot.

Luna was walking torwords her sister's room, when suddenly, a voice interrupts her. The voice said: "LUNA!" Luna turns to see Twilight and friends. Twilight said: "You might not believe this, but we saw an Alicorn ninja! A white one to be more informative!" Rainbow dash added: "And she was preforming these awesome moves! She was (voice begans to break) SO AWESOME!" Luna gasps. Luna said: "She didn't." Luna ran to her sister's room! She opens the door. Luna gasps! Celestia's room was empty. Luna said: "She's gone!" Twilight and Friends said: "GONE?" Twilight and Friends came to where Luna was, and shared her shock. Twilight said: "Where did she go?" Luna sighed. Luna said: "Did any of you got close look of this, Ninja?" Rainbow dash said: "I DID! SHE WAS AWESOME! THE FLIPS, THAT FACT SHE RAN FAST, THE-" Luna said: "Young Dash, I need a disscribtion of the ninja." Rainbow dash said: "Oh, well, one thing, as we know, she wore white! She had a sun symbol on her chest, and on her back, was two weird sword thingys." Luna gasped. Luna said: "She brought her Katronas?" Twilight said: "Why are you conserned, Luna? Did the ninja have something to do with Celestia missing?" Luna said: "Twilight, listen to me: there aren't too many Alicorns with us being rare! Now, put two togather! My sister missing, the appearance of the ninja, would equil?" Twilight gasp. Twilight said: "Your, your not saying... Do you mean…?"

Back at the cave.

Gilda struggles to get up, coughing blood, she looks seriously hurt. Celestia walked slowly to her prey. Gilda begins to understand fear, this is clearly a dangerious foe. Gilda said: "Look, I'm sorry for what I did back at ponyvillie, and trash talking you! I promise I'll make it up to Raindow Dash! And her friends! That old lady I pranked! Everypony! Just don't waste me!" Celestia wanted to comply, but fear of the vision of her head, of the griffin attacking Twilight makes her want to ensure she won't become what nightmare wants her to be. Celestia takes of her Ninja mask. Gilda gasped! Gilda said: "Dude, your, your, your… your…." It's ovivious the griffin girl knows who she is. Celestia said: "Yes, I am princess Celestia, proud and benevolent ruler of Equestia, older sister of Luna, mentor of Twilight sparkle, and the chooser of the Elements of harmony, which includes Rainbow dash." Gilda was uncharasticly afraid. Celestia gave an almost evil smile. Celestia chuckled. Celestia said: "I see you know the legend of the Tyrant Griffin king, and how I defeated that foal." Gilda was too afraid to even nod, let alone to make one of her imfamous wisecracks. Celestia said: "Your silence is answer enough. But don't worry, I won't fry you like I did to that imbacle. Like I said before, I'll use my magic to make you into a gem based on your Element: Betrail, the crueler opposite of Loyalty." Gilda said: "Look, listen, I was kinda dumb and blinded by the well known griffin stubberness and pride! Please, give me another chance! I now want to make amends to Dash! And her friends! And those other ponies! I'll improved! I was rased rough, you know, I had a jerk dad, and a too cowardly mom to do anything! The only one there for me, was my uncle… but he died ina Paraspite infestation, I mean, not the ones that just annoy you, but the flesh eating ones! I ran away when I became old enough to fend for myself, then, I came to flight skool, and met dash. You know, for a pony, she was awesome, wasn't like the other newbies back then, no, she had that griffin feriousy, but pony verson. Ok, maybe I should've handled myself better around her new friends better, nor should've I enjoyed myself in a so not cool way, but, I been thinking, Dash was there for me when some jerks offen harassed me, because I was differnet, you know, before you pasted that rascal tolerance is a virture law. She earned a griffin's respect. And, I took it away, because, I let pride, and fear of losing a friend get the better of me." Celestia gasped. Celestia can relate to this griffin. Before Celestia can say anything, she remembers what Nightmare intends to do with her. Sure, now she's remorseful, but, should nightmare show herself to her… that remorse will be gone. Celestia only teared when she said: "I'm sorry, Griffin, your words did not toughed a heart of cold-heartedness (horn begins to glow) but, a logical mind prevents me from sparing you. I'm sorry, I can't let the spirit of Nightmare moon corrupt you and undone your beautiful, beautiful remorse... Please, forgive me." Celestia horn leans torword. Gilda tries to make a move, but Celestia casted a root spell! Roots grab Glida by all her legs and wings! Gilda was now in a state of terror and confustion! Celestia began crying as she lean torword Glida, touching her. A huge flash of light accured! It can be seen outside of the cave as well!

Back in canterlot! The restidents are terrorived again! Luna, Twilight, and all of Twilight's friends stare at shock and a strange sense of awe and fascination they seen. Twilight said: "What….? What is going on?" Luna said, with a sudden determen face: "That's what we will find out."

Back at the cave, the light finally faded. Gilda was gone, in her place, a knife shaped gem was in where she was. Celestia was tearing, and wimpering. She finally calm down, but not without remorse. She gently use her magic to pick-up the fragile gem. Soft sobs ensued. she puts on her mask, flew off, and heads off to canterlot.

At the balcony of her room, Celestia opened the window to her room, ninja costume and the gem, now held on hear the sun chest is, still present. She sighed, not proud of punishing, a remorseful, redemption craving soul. Celestia used her magic to fix her attire, then caused it to disappear, at least till another time, then creates a red box, similar to the one that holds the Elements of harmony, but it was for the Elements of disharmony, pafificly made for Gilda, and the next misfortunate souls. She placed Gilda's gem in, and closed the box. A voice said: "Where has thou got the Gem, sister?" Celestia gasped! She hid the box in her drawer! Luna appeared. Luna said, almost of anger, but a understanding voice as well: "I saw that you know. I know you used Nin-Alicorn-Jitsu to escape to do, whatever it is you done. And I am not alone." Twilight, and 4 of her friends showed up, Apple Jack, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Rainbow dash, all with serious looking faces. Celestia said: "Uh, where's Pinkie Pie?" the drawer she hid the red box I suddenly opened! It was Pinkie Pie, in her pink ninja costume again! Pinkie Pie said: "RIGHT HERE, PRINCESS I AM A NINJA-LESTIA!" Celestia jumped, she scream, she knows not how she fitted in there, but it's also bad on what drawer she's in! Pinkie Pie said: "I got her box!" Pinkie Pie tossed the box to Luna, who grabs it with magic! Celestia was in fear. Celestia said: "Sister, you don't understand!" Luna said, sternly: "Understand what, sister? We all want an explaination, and we want it now! Sister, refuseal to complie will result in a memory read! Well, what is your choose, sister? And don't try to hope the guards will get confused, and order us to leave by mistake." Thundering Might appeared. Thundering Might said: "I took care of that personally. In fact, I have some guards ready to hold you down, just in case your fear consumes you, and you reacted in a way not normal of you." Luna said: "One more time, sister, what is your choose?" Celestia was breathing slowly, paniced and fearful, she is at a tough positon. If she tells the truth, how will they react? How will Nightmare take this? Lie, then they might get suspicious, and Luna will memory read her. Run, and the guards will contain her. Do nothing, then Luna will order her sister captured. Fight? No, Celestia can let her fear go that far! What is she to do? What is she to do?

To be continued next act.

Pinkie Pie suddenly breaks out of the computer! Pinkie Pie said: "AW, I HATE CLIFFHANGERS!" Pinkie pie disappears!

PS: this is for your attention: I hope I did not upset any Gilda fans with this fic, and sorry for ending it so soon, it was almost bedtime, I don't stay up very long on skooldays. Also, write comments of what you think about Celestia's problem, your opinions on if Celestia was right to keep them to herself or not, and also, if you think Gilda did a lot better battling Celestia then the Griffin King did? That's all.