• Published 9th Dec 2011
  • 4,050 Views, 61 Comments

Celestia's Ascension to madness - storiesatrandom



Tragic. Celestia. Nightmare Moon. Celestia's Ascension to madness

  • ...
9
 61
 4,050

Chapter 3

Act 3: the mind behind Discord.

Several days after Discords defeat, and several other events like Twilight's brief insany or Luna's misunderstanding of Nightmare Night, or Spike's brief rampage into adult hood on Ponyvillie, Celestia was resting in her chambers, outside, she was calm, happy, and at peace….. but, to those that have a stronger sense of knowing, somewhere inside her, deep, deep inside, there was sadness. She frowned when she remembered that un-intendional banishment, and light tears followed. Celestia already had been redeemed, but yet, nothing seems to make her come to full peace, she began to question herself, did she done the right thing? Was the councel right to stop her from bring back Nightmare to save Luna? Was she right to attack the councel? Is Luna at peace? Better then hers? Celestia only sighed, thinking she should not bother herself with such thoughts. Her smile return, she cleaned off the tears. Celestia walked torwords her mirror, she wanted to brush her hair, it always helped calm her unsettled mind. She brought out her favorite brush, as she was about to brush, she heard a voice that said: "Sister?" Celestia look over, seeing Luna. Luna said, with a frown on her face: "We have notice thou has, an unsettled mind." Celestia gets nervious, as Celestia said: "Uh, what makes you think that?" Luna said: "I can sense a personal sadness within thy, Sister. Are thou, still sad about….. what happened that fateful 1000 years ago?" Celestia sighed. Celestia said: "Your not the only pony notices this. Thundering Might stated he saw tears coming down from me when I was sitting at the thowne room, and when Rarity was visiting, Twilight came to see me about having her birthday here in canterlot, she notices tears from me, but she somehow knew they weren't entirely of joy…. I don't know how, but she somehow always knew I was… Unbalenced, but, she remained respectful enough to focus on the matters for her party. But, aside from Friendships reports from her, she's been sending me letters she wrote herself, wanting to know, was I still sad about banishing you, the first latter related to the matter was after you were freed, she wrote that, even though she was so young, she always knew there was something wrong, but promises not to push the matter as long as I get help to cope with this. Thing is, all the times I saw her again, she, somehow knew I was, troubled, like I was an opened book, Pun not intended cause of her being a bookworm and all. That's not all, she's been sending me adverisements to some of Equestia's finest theripisets, Dr. Charlie Horse, Dr. Philly, Dr. Ed, Dr. Von Staillian, Dr. Marey lou. Heck, she even offered herself to addressed this, but they were all replied the same: I'll think about it." Luna asked: "And your, final desidtion?" Celestia said: "I'm still thinking about who I should go with. Twilight means well, merely repaying me for all the kindness I showed her, but, my problems are my own, Twilight should not trouble herself on what I did in a time when she wasn't even born yet. It, should not be any of her concern, or should it be Thundering Might's, or yours, Luna, they're something I must deal with alone." Luna said: "As long as thou has not kept these feelings pented up. I have been inform it's considered mentally un-healthy to keep feelings to yourself."

Celestia smiled. Celestia said: "Not something I already learned from this advanced age, but, I'll hold it to thought." Luna only left, As Celestia frown. Celestia thinks: "Now Luna knows about me…. I have to try harder to keep my problems a secret. I can't let anyone be concern with me." She turns back to the mirror and begins brushing.

Later at night, Celestia was only meditating before bed, helps her keep a calm aora. Suddenly she heard a voice that said: "Celly….." Celestia knew the voice. A voice she though she'll never hear again. The voice said again, only louder and creepyer: "Celly….." Celestia got up, looked around the room, fear becoming present. She got up, trying progess what is happening. Celestia said: "Ok, Tia, maybe, maybe it's just Luna being funny again! Remember her Nightmare night prank when I enter her room, she prosessed Nightmare's form, and really spooked me! We had a good laugh afterwords! Yeah, that's it." The voice yelled "CELESTIA!" Celestia paniced, she never knew Luna calling her by full name unless something serious, or at least Luna would mostly call her sister all the time. This is diffently not her. Celestia turn torwords the door, thinking it's time to leave her room. She makes a run for it! The door slammed shut! Celestia panics! Celestia said: "Ok, whoever you are, this isn't funny! End this cruel prank now, and revel yourself!" silence was domient. Celestia was un-nerved by it. It remained like this for hours. Celestia was about to calm down, until-

Two giant dragon-like light blue eyes appeared! Celestia screamed! A voice boomed out, saying: "DID YOU BELIEVE YOU WERE DONE WITH NIGHTMARE MOON, CELLY? DID YA?" Celestia dropped to the ground, over-welemed by fear! Celestia said, fear present in her voice: "No, no, it can't me! Luna, I thought!" The voice shouted: "I PROSESS NOT THAT WEAKLING ANYMORE! YOUR ELEMENTS OF HARMONY, WHILE DEFEATED ME, UNKNOWINGLY FREED ME FROM THAT PRISON OF A WEAK-MINDED MARE! NOW, I AM FREE TO EXSACT REVENGE! (THE ROOM COLLAPES, REVELING A GIANT NIGHTMARE MOON, ONLY WITH A FANGED SMILE, AND DRAGON-LIKE WINGS, HER CUTIE MARK OF THE MOON REPLACED WITH A DEMONIC LOOKING PONY, HER MISTY MANE AND TAIL NOW A FIRERY HELLISH MANE AND TAIL, AND HOOVES WITH DEMONIC LOOKING HORSESHOES, LOOKING LIKE FIRE!) STARTING WITH YOU!" Celestia screamed in fear, as she is picked up by the giant's magic, horrorived to see she is no longer in Equestia, but some sort of, spilaling, horrable, hellish demention! Celestia yelled: "LET ME GO! PLEASE! LET ME GO! LET ME GO!" the giant nightmare did not complaly, only opening her mouth. Celestia yelled: "NO! PLEASE DON'T! NO! STOP THIS! I DON'T THINK I TASTE VERY GOOD!" Celestia screamed as she entered the giant cannibal's mouth!

Celestia screamed, waking up! She looked around her room, seeing only, well, her room. She was slowly hyperventating. Only by a minute later, Luna, Thundering Might, and two guards bursted in! Celestia scream! Luna yelled, in the royal canterlot voice: "SISTER, WHAT TROUBLES THY, A DRAGON, A GRIFFIN, A BUGLER PONY WITH A DEATH WISH?" Celestia only twitched in fear of that voice.

Luna deside it's better to speak normally, realizing that her siser is un-nerved. Luna said: "Sister, what troubles thy?" Celestia calmed down, but relucent to say anything. Thundering Might said: "Your highness, was it, a bad dream?" Celestia only nodded. Thundering Might said: "About…. Nightmare?" Luna gasped when she heard that. Celestia, relucent at first, nodded. Thundering Might sighed, understanding what just accured. Thundering Might said: "False alerm everypony, just the princess having a bad dream. Return to your positons. (Turns to Luna) I'll escort you to your room Princess." Luna said: "I need to confort my sister, noble guard, I'll return in a moment." Thundering Might only understand, and left with the guards. Celestia blushed with shame, here she is, the proud ruler of equestia, needed to be conforted by her younger sister for a dream that got her unsettled. Luna said, almost sternly: "Sister, I recinsised thy sense of pride and independence, but it's time to seek help. It's time we both put Nightmare Moon behind us. I'll send a latter summoning Twilight Sparkle, tomorrow after you razed the sun, to come here to deal with this matter once and for all. She helped us before, sister, and she'll do it again. Even though Nightmare is gone for good, she still pleages you, sister. I, am sorry if her, return so long ago trumitasied you in anyway." Luna left with a tear on her face. Celestia teared again, she feeled ashamed that her unbalanced soul caused this. She knew she was an emotional wreak, Twilight knew, Thundering might and an unknown number of guards knew, her councel in canterlot knew, though their obedience prevents them from getting involved in this matter, and now, her sister knew this. How can she be the proud and all knowing ruler of Equestia, if she is still pleage by what was suppose to be, a dissent, bad memory. Celestia softly cried, her own pain and trumitatsed history, catching up with her. Celestia said to herself, softly: "Why, Creation? What is wrong with me? I can't I move on? Why? Why? Why? Why am I tortured by Nightmare still? It makes no sense…" She buryed herself in her blanket. She said under the blanket: "No sense at all."

Celestia, now on the balony, sighed to herself, then progressed to use her magic to razed the sun. after it was done, she returned to her room, the skullyery maids taking her sheets off her bed, who are slightly disgusted that there's a strange oder on the sheets. Celestia blushed, not whating to say she…. Shoiled herself from the dream, this lingering fear has also made her bodily awkward, that dream caused her to something not normal or very princess-like. Celestia merely moved on, not wanting to face the maids right now. Celestia sighed. She then sees the two same guards from before, barely awake and tired. Celestia wanted to grant them the day off, but she also doesn't want to face them now, fearing they might crankey right now. Celestia moved on. Celestia finally came to her thowne room. Celestia sighed, she wanted nothing more then to sit at the thrown right now, claim her nerves, then think of a way to make amends to those she effected with her imbalance. She walks torwords the throwne, only interested by the two Unicorn guards that are always present. One of them said: "Pardon this interruption, your grace, but Luna, and the Councel of Canterlot wishes to see you. Thundering Might's orders." Celestia didn't say anything, only sighed, knowing exsactly what it's about. Celestia left the thrown room, and walked acrossed the hallway, approaching the councel meeting room. Celestia face didn't changed at well of what she came to expect, Luna, at lest three of the councel ponies, presuming the others had other urgent businesses to aten to, Thundering Might, and alcourse, Twilight. What she didn't exspect was Twilight's friends, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Apple Jack, Flutter Shy, and Rainbow dash. Has Twilight told them about what's going on? Celestia said: "Twilight, my fateful student, it's great to see you again, but, I was exsecting you, I mean, not it isn't nice seeing your friends again, but-" Twilight said: "I told them about your problem. I always knew, even when I only found out at a young age long ago, I knew. I didn't say a thing during our time togather before the, uh, incident because of respect, Princess. I didn't want to disrespect you princess by bringing up a matter too, personal, to talk about. I thought it was safe to talk about, or, at least, offer some good theiripiests now Luna's fine again, I thought you were ready to address your issues. When I read you had a nightmare about Nightmare, I, I almost cried myself silly, I-" Celestia placed her wing on Twilight, then hugged her. Twilight returned it. Celestia broke the hug. Celestia said: "I apprisiate what you are all doing, but this my problem, and mine alone. i prefer not to have them explored. It's nothing you all need to know about. I will assure everyone I am fine. This is nothing of everyone's concern." Luna said: "But, sister. It's about time you come to terms with yourself. If you choose to hold those negative feelings to yourself, you can never feel better." Celestia said: "Everyone, I get what you all are trying to do, but I assure everyone here, it was only a dream, a rather extreme dream, but one noneless." Her horn glows. Celestia said: "We shall not talk about this anymore." Celestia teleported away. Luna sighed. Luna said: "I apologized for wasting everyone's time." Thundering Might said: "It's okay princess, Celestia's just not ready yet." Pinkie Pie said: "Poor princess, I was gonna give her a "Hope you get better from your Nightmare Moon nightmare" party! I even brought my party cannon! (shows a cannon)" Twilight said: "It bugs me too how the princess does not want to face her past as well. I mean, I understand it must have been horrorable, with, what accured back then, but the past is the past. It should not control you." Rarity said: "Here, here." Rainbow Dash said: "I hear that." Applejack said: "Amen, Twi." Fluttershy said: "Um, yeah, you, uh, said it?" Pinkie pie only nodded crazily. Luna said: "Thank you, feel free to see the city while you're here. I'll grant thy all a call should my sister change her mind." Rarity said: "A perfect oppituney for everypony to get to know Fancy Pants better!" Applejack said: "Sure, he did said he liked our, "Rustu-" uh, Rusty, uh…. He thought we were all swell!" Rarity said: "Quite! Let's just put on the approitate outfits however. One shouldn't take advantage of one's lenantcy." Twilight sighed. Twilight said: "I guess so, but, aren't you all at all conserned about Celestia's problems?" Rainbow dash said: "Who isn't? Celestia's just ain't ready to spill the beans yet." Fluttershy said: "Uh, I don't blame the princess for being shy about her feelings. Uh, not I blame the princess period, it's just, um…" Luna said: "I know what you mean, young Pegisious. She requires time to open up." With that, Twilight and friends left, with the un-named councelpinies. Thundering Might said: "Your coming princess?" Luna said: "I like to be alone, Might." Thundering Might nodded, and left. Luna looks at a stained glass window of a young Celestia and Luna. Luna said: "Sister…. I wished thou will talk about your past."

Celestia was walking at the courtyard, her only form of private time since the throwne room in un-asscessable the time being. Celestia sighed. Celestia said: "Way to go, Wimp-lestia. You wimped out. You must not let your past, the fear and love get the better of you. Be the brave, strong-willed, Alicorn you are." She sighed again. Celestia said: "But I do require time to even talk about it again. I feel redeemed, but, is it that I seek more? Not satisvived enough what is granted? What is wrong with me?" a voice boomed out: "You're a coward, Celly." Celestia gasped! Celestia looked around. Then, appearing from nowhere was a strongly armored nightmare moon, the fire mane and tail, dragon wings, Demon Pony cutie mark, and fangs present, but now she has blood red eyes in place of the blue dragonised eyes. Celestia was hyperventilating! Celestia said: "No, no! you were a dream! You must be a ahulsonnation! You cannot be real!" Nightmare said: "Not real, huh? Then explain, this!" her fire mane lashed at Celestia's side! Celestia screamed! It was heard in the castle. Luna heard it. Luna said: "SISTER?" Twilight and her friends heard it! Twilight said: "PRINCESS!" Thundering Might heard it! "THE PRINCESS! SHE'S IN TROBLE, COLTS! MOVE OUT!" outside, Celestia was running from Nightmare, who was just casually just walking, almost like there's no hope for Celestia. Celestia kept running, up until she tripped on a tree root that was grown outside. Her ankle was broken. She was in enough pain! Nightmare Moon walked up to her prey. Firey mane ready to lash out! Celestia closed her eyes, extremely afraid of the demoness about to attack. It was quiet, too quiet. Not scary quietness, but, normal, friendly quietness, and no smell of brimstone from the Nightmare's mane. Celestia would not dare to open her eyes. But she also wanted to know what is going on. With a quiet wimper, she opened her eyes, seeing a friendly face, though a sad and conserned one: Luna. Celestia looked around, she saw Twilight, her friends, Thundering Might and some guards. Luna said: "Sister, what happened?" Celestia said: 'Isn't it ovivious? There's a hideously burned scar on my- (a brief silence) side?" the scar was gone. Was she day-dreaming? Was she haif asleeped? Is she crazy now? She tried to get up, but her ankle caused her pain! Her right front leg was damaged! Celestia was in a weak state, a rare thing to see of a great Alicorn princess. Luna became more concern as well as sad! Luna turned to the guards! Luna said: "Get Celestia to the medical ward! She's injured!" Thundering might shouted: "You heard Luna! Move it!" guards gather around Celestia, working togather to carry something possably heavyer then they are. Twilight only looked on, tears present, looking like she's blaming herself for being helpess. All her friends conferting her. Celestia can't help but too look at it. It saddens her as well. Tears falling, she wanted to confert her right now, but flouting guards and a bad ankle are pretty strong preventive messares.

Later, at the medical ward. Celestia laid on the medical bed, with her leg bandaged up. Luna came in. Luna said: "Sister, we all know what was going on. We assumed you had another vision of Nightmare. It explained the scream, and why you were found near a tree. Sister, whatever you saw, it was never there. Thy fears making you on edge, losing control, and on a continuious denial. Sister, once your ankle heals, we will have that talk. This time, I will deqree you will not be allowed to talk your way out of it." Celestia said: "Luna, please, I-" Luna razed her hoof. Luna said: "No more trying to talk out of it, sister. You are not the only one hurt. Twilight is hurt because she does not know how to grant help to you. Your guards are becoming on edge, even began to halt eachother, the scullery maids, the other servents, even me, sister. But, I am most hurt (tears become present) something is wrong you yet you deni it like it's nothing. What happened to the wise sister I grew up on Alicorn-hala with? The sister that laughed at the face of Discord?" Pinkie pie came out of the drawer. Pinkie pie shouted: "LITTERALY!" Pinkie Pie went back in the drawer. Luna paid no attention. Luna said: "What happened to my sister? My brave, always there for me, always protacting me, always caring for me sister? (she began sobbing) has she been lost? Did you die inside because of what nightmare has done to you? What the councel has done to you? What the 1000 years has done to you? I want this to stop, Tia, your hurting Twilight, her friends, your guards, your servents, and, me! Your hurting me, Celly! Your hurting me with your own denial of your own problems! At least I can admit I am sad about what I done! Because you helped me! But yet, you, your refusing my returning love! I just, I just can't understand you sometimes! Why can't you just open up? Why! (shouted why a lot very fast) WHY? WHY?" She screamed why a lot, she had to be dragged away by the guards and doctors. They left. Celestia was tearing. She was right. She was causing them pain for dening her own. She teared again.

Later, at night. Celestia and Luna avoided contact for awhile. Twilight and Friends were staying at one of the palace towers, made so by Luna. Celestia was meditating, trying to work out her tramic exspearience. It calmed her. But she was still stressed. Celestia desided it's enough meditating for now, and prefers to brush her mane again. She did it at least 19 times tonight. Going for 20. She levitated her brush, but before she can start…. Celestia gasped, seeing…. NIGHTMARE MOON! Celestia turned to face her tormentor! Celestia said: "P-p-p-p-p-p-p-please! Stay away from me! Your, your ruining my life! Why, spirit? Why torment me? (tears become present) why?" Nightmare Moon sniled. Nightmare moon said: "Just thought I gave out a nice little chat. Conserning: you!" Celestia wimpered, backword paced away from the spirit! Nightmare moon said: "Here's some interesting details! Did you know, I was the mind behind Discord's return!" Celestia gasped! Nightmare moon said: "But i can ovivouly guess your braty student interfeared again. And just when I was gonna ask him to help train my weilders of disharmony!" Celestia was shocked, she made a very shocked face, her pupals becoming microsacvic. Nightmare Moon said: "Yes, I am making a contrast to your little pets! You see, I am a demon shadow ghost now, no thanks to Twilight Dorkle! For awhile, I been studying some perfect contrusts for awhile! But, I feel like only reviling one at a time! Cause I'm a real bitch! Now, sometime ago, I was spying the rainbow one, or, the one pony gay pride parade! Turns out, she had a griffin friend who was like her, but more easily angered. This griffin, Gilda by name, pranked an old lady. Stole an apple, and was frankly, a jerk. Cause she so roared at Fluttercry! Hmm! I knew chcikens that can handle a griffin's roar better! Because of her disrespect, little miss gay-dash dumped that bird-lion freak! Gilda made no attempts to re-deem herself, instead, called her a flip-flop, and to call her if she "Desides to be cool again" or whatever nonsense! So I thought, she be perfect contrast to the Element of Loyalty: it's polor oppisidt: Betrail! That griffin betrayed a life-long friendship because of pride! And aside from that, we all know how strong griffins can be… just think about the destisation a griffin can do!" Celestia began to think….

In Celestia's mind.

Twilight was running, screaming! A griffin roar can be heard! Twilight ran inside her library house, and boarded up her door, and closed the window on the balcony! And closed the certens! Twilight yelled: "SPIKE, HIDE! I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'LL DO IF ANYTHING HAPPENED TO YOU!" Spike complied, as the baby dragon hide in the closet. A griffin barged right though the door! Twilight scream! The griffin was Gilda, but she was wearing some sort of dark amulet, with a gem that looks like a knife. Gilda said: "Somepony is over-due for a major butt whooping!" she drew her talons out, flew up, and charge at Twilight, roaring! Twilight screams!

Outside her mind!

Celestia was hyperventilating! Nightmare Moon was smiling. Nightmare Moon said: "How's about a bet, Celly?" Celestia eased own, listening. Nightmare Moon said: "If you can capture all the Elements of disharmony, I repeat, mind you, all of them, and turn them into gems, I will be shown you are too great an oppenant dispite, (quietly laughs) past exspearience, and I will leave Equestia, and never come back. Never to bother you, Luna, Twilight, or the rest of you idiots ever again." Celestia pondered, will she make a deal with the spirit respondable for her troubles? Can she even believe her, let alone trust her on her word? Nightmare Moon asked: "Do we have a deal?" Celestia closed her eyes in frustration! Celestia sighed. She opened her angry eyes. Celestia said: "Deal. If I can defeat your choosen ones, and turn them into gems, will you remain true to your word?" Nightmare said, almost creepy calm: "You have my word…." Celestia said: "Tomorrow, when I razed the sun, I'll go after this, Gilda griffin. Then, I want you to revel who are the other ones to me after I make her into a gem. Fair enough? Information, for every defeated element of disharmony I faced." Nightmare Moon said: "Surprasingly agreeable to me. It's a deal. Info as payment for a gem of a element of disharmony." Celestia said: "Now leave, I can't sleep with a demon shadow ghost, or, whatever you are now in my room! Now, off with you, SHOO!" Nightmare Moon sighed in annoyance. Nightmare Moon said: "No respect. No respect at all." Her horn glowed, then she vanished! Celestia sighed. Celestia said: "By morning, Gilda griffin, you will face punishment for your treson… you, and your fellow Elements of disharmony. One by one, you all will face the wrath, of the almighty sun princess. It. Is. On."

To be continued next act.