• Published 2nd Jun 2018
  • 2,043 Views, 79 Comments

Reign of the Koopa - Cipher800



Bowser and his troops annex Equestria and her neighboring areas after the Mushroom World was destroyed in a fight. We gaze into slices of the lives of the deizens of Bowser's brand new kingdom.

  • ...
1
 79
 2,043

Griffonstone Fisheries

The neighboring kingdom of Griffonstone was also conquered by the Koopas, and like Equestria, it was taken over and annexed by the invading Orientalians. They marched towards the castle over the course of a few minutes, and the griffons were no match for the more advanced magic and tech of the Orientalians, who stormed the area with little to no resistance as they did. "Alright, put your hands in the air!" the lead Koopatrol said through a megaphone. The civilians, who had no chance of defending the nation, did so as the army casually marched onto the castle, but that was just in the past.

As a province of Orientalia, Griffonstone was no ruled over by alien overlords, much like Equestria. The Koopas were relatively kind to their new subjects, but there was also another discovery that they made. There was an abundance of fish and other seafood in the water, and that's not counting the fish they already sent. And since fish was widely liked amongst many of the races inhabiting Orientalia, they decided to turn it into one giant fishery. Already, giant harbors, complete with warehouses were being built to store crates of fish, with one of them have already been finished and fully functional. "Do you have and threes?" one of the workers said as he pulled out a card to a nearby griffon with an unknown name, who had recently applied for the job. The griffon merely turned his head side to side to say no. "I'll take it as a Go Fish, then? Quick question, why did you apply for the job?"

"Oh, after you know what, I decided to make myself the most, got a job here, a lot of griffons have applied." he said as he flashed back to his apparent... change in position. "Now that I mentioned it, it's much better than being stuck in hiding for the rest of your life... maybe it really is that?" The creature just blinked twice. "Err, let's forget that last sentence." he said as he began to shuffle the cards again. "These old bones have been through a lot, you know. I wonder how your old friend is doing on the boats?" the griffon said as he came out of his seat and looked out the window. "Do you think that he should've been back by now?"

"Another big one, I guess. There's been at least one of those rounds so far. The last batch of fish had a few that were a lot bigger than we needed. A few more crates down and all of it goes straight to the markets." he said. "Oh, by the way, you have told me my name, so why can't I tell you mine? The name's Andrew." Andrew said. "It'll be our shift after the next one, so, care to watch the boats do their work?" he said as he walked toward the window. "We can watch a few cool accidents and maybe we will be able to spy on a few things while we're at it?" The griffon's head reeled back at the statement. "Um, maybe not the latter." Andrew said as he rubbed the back of his head.

"You know Gilda, right?" the griffon said.

"Who?" Andrew said as he looked at him.

"That's for another story." the griffon said, not wanting to reveal his past. "Do you know what happened to the king after the invasion?" he said as he observed the ships come and pass.

"From what I heard, he jumped out the window the moment our armies marched into the castle. Many say that he's good as gone, but they never found the body." Andrew said before he pointed to something. "Oh, look." The griffon looked straight toward where Andrew was pointing towards. On one of the larger fishing boats, a couple of people were trying to get a giant shark. "There's another big one. This is gonna be good." Andrew said as he gazed upon the fight from the tower of the harbor. "Fun fact: shark meat is quite the delicacy to us Orientalians." he said as they watched one of the fishermen throw a harpoon right at the shark's neck, landing a critical hit. Then another harpoon was thrown, this time near the tail of the shark. They watched at they began reeling it back up. "You might be wondering what will happen to the sharks. Well, to be fair, we do breed them a lot, but that's besides the point. We don't just use their parts for shark fin soup and other foodstuffs. The whole kitten-kaboom will be used, skin for coats, liver oil products, necklaces, you name it all. Honestly, mister, I can go on and on. Though, we do have out limits, of course. And it's not just sharks and other fish such as tuna and salmon we target." Andrew said as he and his griffon friend looked at another boat, which was carrying loads and loads of seaweed in them. "It's always just as varied on the sea as it is land."

"So, do you still want to do another round of cards, perhaps poker, this time?" the griffon asked.

"Nah, I'm not interested. Besides, our shift is coming up." Andrew said as they walked down the stairs. "But hey, if this is your first time in these waters, then I can't blame you. I hardly know this place." the creature said as he pulled out a map with his clawed hand. "These maps are very new. Orientalia's lands stretch from a few miles past Mount Everhoof and well into the Frozen North, and go as far south as the desert city of Klugetown. It's pretty vast, once you see it." he explained as the exited at the bottom door, where there were they walked down a hallway. "Our scouting parties are still exploring this strange place even as we speak. Our king hopes to look out into the new world, and he wants to see if anybody else lurks out there." The next room they went to had loads of crates. There were a few Monty Moles and griffons that were pushing a crate of fish into the freight cars of a nearby train on the left, and a few more were doing the same on the right. The two walked through the station/storage unit, discussing what they thought the outer world would look like and how odd it would be. Eventually, they went to the boat, and Andrew looked at it. "Are you ready for your first time aboard?"

"As ready as I'll every be." the griffon said as they walked onto the boat.

Author's Note:

So, this next chapter has come to a close, but I want some suggestions, and if you have any to bring, I'll look up to it, kay?

Comments ( 11 )

Chapter five is up.

9150117
What do you think?

9150135 So, do most of the chapter ideas come from the comments? Also, the chapter’s pretty good and I can’t find any errors so far.

that is quite a shark to catch. The king is still alive, most likely hiding.

9150933
So, who do you want to do next? I gave Orientalia's new heartland an approximate size, stretching all the way from Everhoof to Klugetown. There's a whole lot of possibilities out there, aren't there?

9152185
Ah, sharp as ever, seeing that our friend might have a little clue.

9154440
if the new worker is the king then he's found a good hiding place for now

9154554
Yes, yes it is. Though, what are your ideas on the next chapter?

9155579
I was thinking that maybe he gets discovered at some point. He fears for his life then the koopa tell him they don't care that he was the old king as long as he isn't causing trouble.

9155923
Huh, pinning that for later.

Login or register to comment