• Published 16th Sep 2018
  • 2,212 Views, 38 Comments

On Brand - Wandering Pigeon



After losing the cider making contest, Applejack decides she needs to come up with a another way to sustain the farm for winter. Coincidentally, Flim and Flam decide their business needs a mascot.

  • ...
16
 38
 2,212
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 12 )

Well this a hefty read to go through, and interesting was nice to see all that was happening around AJ while alternating in trying to ignore her blather and what was being said around her which makes things so much more difficult for her. I did enjoy the reading a lot, keep it up.

9187501
It was a pretty sizable chapter :twilightsheepish: I considered splitting it in two, but never really found a spot that would be good to do so. Glad you enjoyed it all!

Poor Applejack, her friends best elements worked against her and she's never gonna be able to live it down. :ajsleepy:

I have to wonder whether she might ever work up the courage to tell her family. I can imagine Granny Smith might not take kindly to Flim and Flam putting her granddaughter through the wringer. :eeyup:

9187922
Even if she doesn't tell them, it won't be long until they find out. When she walks through the door dressed as she is, that'll be a pretty big clue. :raritywink:

At first I genuinely didn't know how you could add much to what had been written in the first chapter. Then, well, I read this and saw there was quite the tale to tell during 'Jackie's' day of being the mascot.



The way you framed this makes sense for Flim & Flam, too. Knowing ponies would want to see how 'Jackie' is doing would get them to drink their cider without fully enjoying it. This would get them to come back in the line over-and-over again to see Jackie while getting more cider. It really is quite clever.

AJ is going to definitely need a bath, or shower.

Nicely done.

9188984
Thanks, glad to see you liked how the story went.

(And I have a feeling Applejack's gonna need several showers before she's satisfied.)

OMG, this is awesome I love this fic. do you think you could do a fic where apple bloom gets in trouble and has to be the coming season cider mascot with how well they're doing it would be funny to think this sort of became an apple family tradition? with every member doing there season taking turns.

9192144
Thanks! I'm glad to hear you liked it.

Unfortunately, I'm not planning a follow up for this one. While it would be funny to stick Apple Bloom or Big Mac in the hot seat for a day, I feeling like I'd be treading water in terms of what I can do with the concept.

9192365 I'm actually curious what Granny Smith would have to say about this, and whether it might be possible for Flim and Flam to trick her into being a model. There's also the matter of Filthy Rich during Zap Apple Season now that Flim and Flam own the farm.

9204975
Granny Smith would probably be against it right up until she learned how much money they'd be getting for it, at which point she'd be on board completely.

As for Filthy Rich, he'll be fine. Flim and Flam are only getting cider season profits after all.

Oh man a sequel to this would be amazing.

9192365
Apple Bloom would probably look adorable tottering around in this:

https://princesspottypants.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/fe63a-mommypractice3.jpg

I feel like it would violate some law against foal abuse though.

Plus the sweetest foal of the series deserves better.

Login or register to comment