• Published 1st Nov 2017
  • 1,502 Views, 14 Comments

Spike's Journey as a Fossil Fighter - Darth Severus



Spike's always loved dinosaurs. He even went to school to learn more about them. When he's turned 10 years old, he can officially become a Fossil Fighter! This is the start of his journey.

  • ...
6
 14
 1,502

Ultra Instinct... What is it...?

It was morning. Spike was out on the Fossil Center's balcony. He looked at his arm, which while he had fixed his hoodie, the bite marks were still there. He said to himself, "Ultra Instinct... but why me? I'm just an ordinary kid. I'm not special..."

He heard Duna's voice say, "That's not true Spike. Everyone is special in their own way."

Spike smiled and said, "Thanks Duna. Do you mind if I ask you, has anyone else ever shown signs of being able to use Ultra Instinct?"

Duna shook her head and said, "No, you're the first one we've seen use it. It was just an old legend at home, but me and Raptin decided to research it when we were old enough to leave home."

Spike looked out on the sunrise and said, "It's beautiful isn't it?"

Duna stood next to him and watched the sunrise as well saying, "It's just as beautiful as the first snowfall back home. Spike... do you mind if I ask you your opinion on something?"

Spike looked at her and said, "Shoot."

Duna sighed and said, "Before we started researching Ultra Instinct, Raptin wanted to study evolution. Our ancestors believed they evolved from reptiles, not mammals. How different do you think life would be if they were right?"

Spike thought about it and said, "It's not an easy answer... I've never thought about evolution in that way. But despite what I think... I don't think humans could survive the harsh winters that some areas go through if we evolved from reptiles. We'd be cold-blooded if we did, and while reptiles and amphibians have been found on every continent besides Antarctica, it doesn't make life any easier for them during a harsh winter."

Duna smiled and looked back into the room to see if Ember and Raptin were still sleeping. "I might not get another chance Spike." she kissed his cheek and said, "We've only known each other for a short time, but I feel we've known each other forever."

Spike blushed and said, "You know... I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel the same way. Something about you just feels familiar."

A few hours later...

The group had just finished breakfast and started heading towards the Fossil Gym. Raptin told Spike, "I believe you should try your hardest to hold back if Ultra Instinct comes into the picture. After how much it took out of you during your graduation exam, your body can't handle that much power for a long period of time."

Spike nodded but sighed, "I know, I just don't know about it. When I started getting excited during the battle, something inside of me just clicked and bypassed my common sense and told me to jump in."

Duna nodded and told Spike, "From our research, once Ultra Instinct occurs, it takes full control of the body. If it does happen again, you don't really have much choice."

As they approached the Fossil Gym, a man walked out of the Gym and when he saw the children, he said, "You must be challengers. I'm sorry to disappoint you but-" when he got a closer look at Spike, his eyes widened and he asked, "You're that kid who jumped into battle during the FFA Graduation Exams, aren't you?"

Spike was surprised the man knew about him, but nodded, "Yes, that's me, but how do you know about that?"

The man chuckled, "It was all over the news, so it's hard not to recognize you. Like I was saying, I'd like to accept your challenge, but there's something the requires my attention. Some fighters reported a Rouge Vivosaur near the city limits. If it gets into town, a lot of people will get hurt."

Spike's eyes widened and said, "In that case, I'll go with you! I'm not going to stand around and let people stay in danger!"

The man sighed, "Well, I suppose I can't stop you, but don't do anything reckless. Names Drake by the way." When Drake started running, Spike and the others followed him.

Spike didn't notice it at first, but he felt his blood heating up and him getting excited. He said to himself, "Crap, it's happening again, and I haven't even started a battle."

As they reached the city limits, Spike saw the rouge Vivosaur, a Zino. He could hear a voice in his head telling him, "Don't hold back! Show your true power!"

Spike's eyes widened in a crazed way, and he hissed like a lizard would. He told the others, "Get back. I'm gonna play this one out."

Drake widened his eyes and said, "I believe that is a poor decision!"

Spike scoffed, "Maybe, but it's mine to make."

As Drake tried to stop Spike, Raptin put his hand on Drake's shoulder and said, "Wait, this is Ultra Instinct. When it occurs, there's no telling what Spike will do. The form takes control of his body, and it may not be able to distinguish friend from foe."

Drake sighed, "Fine, I'll let it be this time. I don't want the kid getting hurt though. If I feel he's going too far, I'm stepping in."

Spike dashed towards the Zino. As it slashed its claws, Spike jumped up and maneuvered himself through the gaps between the two claws and jumped on top of its head before delivering a fierce kick. As the Vivosaur fell to the ground, it quickly got back up, throwing its claws into the ground and ripping up chunks of earth at Spike. Spike jumped from rock to rock as they flew from the air, all while taking a deep breath. When he jumped from the last one, he sent out a large breath of wind, KOing the Vivosaur.

Drake's eyes were wide and his mouth hanging. "H-How did he do that!?"

As Spike got down from the unconscious Vivosaur's back, he regained his senses and sighed, "Again, with the Ultra Instinct... It was even crazier than last time."

Drake smirked, "Well, I hope you bring everything to the table in my Gym. I'll be expecting you there Spike." as he headed back to the Gym, he thought to himself, "That kid... he's got potential. But that Ultra Instinct thing is incredible. I wonder how far he can take it..."

Comments ( 7 )

Did you really change the story of Fossil Fighters to be a rip-off of Pokémon? Your at least going to still include the dinorainians and Guhnash, right?

8969064
It's not supposed to be a ripoff of Pokemon, but yes, the dinaurians are part of the main story, Spike and Ember are actually members of the dinaurians, but don't know it

8969681
Well with 8 badges to collect, and what is basically the elite four to defeat, it sounds just like Pokémon!

8971378
Point taken, but I will be putting things in that are more akin to Fossil Fighters than Pokemon

8971471
How often do you update? I want more!

8972053
My updates are normally random for the most part, since my muse comes and goes as it pleases. I try my hardest to do frequent updates, but I have ADD, so sometimes it's hard for me to focus on getting a chapter done. I'm glad you like the story though

Will Spike ever get the T-rex Vivosaur?

Login or register to comment