• Published 26th Aug 2017
  • 468 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Pony: Mystery of The Crystal Empire - copperhaze



Years have passed and while still very best friends, The Mane 6 have gone their separate ways. Living their own lives. Peace has prospered in Equestria. But! For how long can peace last?

  • ...
 2
 468

Chapter Seven

After Applejack and Fluttershy said those words of friendship to Haze Rune, Twilight acted quickly and used a time stopping spell, but made sure it only affected the others, besides her five friends and Haze Rune.
The other five looked around, confused at first, but realized what Twilight did. Haze was still under that spell, but Twilight walked toward him.

"Girls, we need to help Haze, we need to show him what it means to be a true friend." Said Twilight.

The five others nodded and smiled.

Rarity was lying on the ground, since her leg was still broken. Rarity was the first to begin to sing. "Haze Rune is in trouble, we need to be by his side. We can try to do what we can now, for together we can be his guide." Sang Rarity.

Twilight decided to join in a few seconds after Rarity. "A true, true friend, helps a friend in need. A friend will be there to help them see." Sang Twilight. Fluttershy then began to sing a part.

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need, to see the light that shines from a true true friend." Sang Fluttershy.

Haze's ears flicked, even though he was under that dark spell, he could still hear the others, and memories that he made with each of them played through his mind.
"The Crystal Ponies need you." Said Applejack.

The Mane 6 then began to sing in unison: "A true, true friend helps a friend in need. A friend will be there to help them see. A true, true friend helps a friend in need. To see the light that shines from a true true friend." Sang the Mane 6 aloud.

Haze Rune's eyes turned their normal color, and he shook his head. "Uh, what happened?" Asked Haze.

Pinkie smiled and ran to him, hugging him, he gasped and hugged her in return.

"The Crystal Empire is under attack, and we need your help, dear friend." Said Twilight.

Haze Rune nodded, looking around, noticing that time stopped.

"Alright, I'm ready." Said Haze and he stood up, near his six friends. And with that Twilight let time flow again. The evil mare saw that her spell was broken from him, and growled in anger.

Haze wanted to say this in front of everypony since the Crystal Empire was basically his home.

"I used to wonder what friendship could be, until these five ponies and Princess Twilight and Princess Luna shared it's magic with me. I wanted to let you all know, you're my very best friends." Said Haze Rune, with a warm smile. The Mane 6 returned the smile, then returned their attention to Queen Chrysalis and her Changeling army.

The evil mare looked to her army and they began to attack the Crystal Empire, changing into many things, like Timber Wolves, and Cerberus. They first began to destroy the houses, that homed ponies.
Haze looked in horror, as his home was being attacked. Spike let out a mighty roar and flew into the sky. He opened his maw and intense fire escaped his maw, stopping a few changelings in their path.

"Haze since you finally know the true meaning of friendship. I think this belongs to you now." Began Twilight.

The Crystal Pony looked to her, and tilted his head. With her magic, Twilight teleported a chest and opened it. Inside were the Elements of Harmony!

"The Tree of Harmony will be safe for the time being. I've put a very protective spell on it. To prevent any harm that somepony may wish to inflict upon it." Twilight said to her five friends, for reassurance.

With her magic, she placed each Element of Harmony around her friend's neck. And the Mane 5 began to say the Element they represented, and as they did, that very word echoed.
"Honesty." Said Applejack.

"Kindness." Said Fluttershy.

"Laughter." Said Pinkie Pie.

"Generosity." Said Rarity
.
"Loyalty." Said Rainbow Dash.

Twilight gave the Element of Harmony she used to have, and Haze Rune grabbed it, holding it close to his furry chest.

"And Magic!" Said Haze Rune.

The six of them were lifted in the air, and with each of them, positioned for they to be the shape of a heart, and the Queen growled.

"I don't think so! Friendship isn't as powerful as my Alicorn Amulet." Yelled Queen Chrysalis.

The air around Haze Rune, and the other five began to ripple, and a powerful rainbow like energy beam shot from the six, and was aimed toward the Evil mare. And Twilight used a powerful spell, and it combined with their Rainbow Energy Beam. The spell, and Rainbow hit the Alicorn Amulet, and the Queen screamed!

An explosion was the result of it hitting her amulet, and smoke billowed through out the entire Crystal Empire, and there was silence. The winds blew away the dark cloud of smoke, and the Changelings were gone, but their queen lay on the ground.

Twilight, Haze Rune, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie walked to the queen. She opened her eyes, and to their surprise, she was crying.
"You're crying?!" Exclaimed Rainbow Dash.

Chrysalis looked away, a pained expression on her maw.
"I only wanted...I was jealous of...All I wanted was happiness. It's too late for that, it seems." Whispered Chrysalis.

Twilight sighed softly.

"No, it's never..." Began Twilight, but before she could finish, Chrysalis vanished with the magic from her horn.

Rainbow Dash growled in annoyance. "Oh great! How can we follow her? What if she comes back?" Asked Rainbow Dash.

"I've a feeling she won't come back, but if she does. We'll be ready." Replied Twilight.

Haze Rune sighed with relief from this all being over. Well most of it. A spark of magic surprised the group, and Starlight was sprawled on the ground, completely unharmed. Trixie was there too! The real Trixie. With the two mares, was a piece of parchment. Pinkie Pie and the others ran towards them both, and made sure that they were not harmed. Trixie and Starlight were going to be just fine.

Twilight's horn ignited with magic, and she brought the parchment to her. On it had only one word: "Sorry."

And with that, The Crystal Empire was safe and sound. Twilight healed Rarity's leg, and she can walk on all fours again. Spike conversed with the Mane 6, since he hasn't seen them since he was away with Princess Ember. Spike's crush on Rarity vanished over the years, but they still were very good friends.

Later that day, the group ate in the Crystal Empire Dining Hall, and talked, caught up with each other. Princess Cadence and Shining Armor joined them of course. Haze Rune was glad to make true friends out of the Mane 6, and of course with Luna. He was eventually told by Twilight of his connection with the Crystal Heart and how Chrysalis used him.
The group decided it was best to spend the night and rest up, after what occurred.

The next morning. The group was at the rebuilt train. Twilight used her magic to make a new one. "Well, my friends. I'm afraid this is good-bye for now. For I have other important things to do. But it was great to see all of you again. Just like old times." Said Twilight.

"I'm getting to old for this." Said Rarity.

Pinkie Pie chuckled, and Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes, teasingly of course.

"Yeah, I need to be back in Cloudsdale." Said Rainbow Dash as she put on her Wonderbolt Uniform.

Each of them had a reason to return to their "normal" lives. Deep down, they wish they could spend more time together, but right now, they had their own thing to do. They missed each other greatly, and would always remain friends, even if they didn't hang out with each other as they used to. As for Haze Rune, he would return to Canterlot, and tell Luna everything.

After that, he returned to Ponyville, and lived in his very own home!

Haze Rune opened the door, and emitted a content sigh. He entered the house, and looked around again, and had a better understanding of what the Mane 6 went through when they were younger. And learned what true friendship was because of Luna and the Mane 6.

Haze removed the bag that rested on his back, and opened it. He was able to get a picture of himself with his 6 friends! He eventually hung the picture up in his bedroom. While this certain adventure was over. Surely there would be other adventures that awaited Haze Rune and the inhabitants of Equestria!

Comments ( 2 )

Hold on, what about starlight? She’s still stuck in an unknown location probably starving to death!

This was fun, though it could use a rewrite.
I think you should remove the 'King Sombra' tag, as he really isn't in this story, sure he's mentioned, but he doesn't actually appear. It's misleading :unsuresweetie:

Login or register to comment