• Published 26th Aug 2017
  • 468 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Pony: Mystery of The Crystal Empire - copperhaze



Years have passed and while still very best friends, The Mane 6 have gone their separate ways. Living their own lives. Peace has prospered in Equestria. But! For how long can peace last?

  • ...
 2
 468

Chapter Four

Haze Rune stayed up the rest of the night. He wanted to tell the others about what he remembered, but he dared not wake any of them up, at this hour. Haze thought greatly, about his dream, and played it over, trying to figure out the mystery of his past. The silver white Unicorn groaned and rubbed his temple in frustration.

He walked toward the balcony, and went outside, hopefully to clear his head. As Haze looked toward the horizon, he got a sudden flash of memory of King Sombra looming over the Crystal Empire. Haze screamed in terror, and cowered. Placing his hooves over his head. Shaking violently. A few seconds later he could hear a knock on his door.

"Haze, are you alright?" Asked Pinkie, very concerned for him, she didn't dare wait for him to respond, and she opened the door, peeking inside. She could see him out in the balcony. Pinkie Pie ran to him, and frowned, noticing his clear distress. Pinkie nuzzled the top of his head. He slowly removed his hooves from the top of his head, and looked up at her. He got up, and brushed himself off, clearing his throat.

"I uh..." Began Haze.

Pinkie Pie looked at Haze a bit serious, and her ears lowered. She began to sing, gradually, at first, but it would get more up beat.

"It's true, that some days are dark and lonely. And maybe you feel sad. But Pinkie will be there to show you that it isn't that bad." As Pinkie sang that last part, she hugged Haze Rune, and the sun began to rise, bringing light all over Equestria.

Pinkie let go of Haze, and went to the edge of the balcony, and had a wide smile upon her maw. "There is one thing that makes happy, and makes my whole life worthwhile. And that's when I talk to my friends, to get them to smile!"

Pinkie Pie jumped off the balcony, it wasn't that high to begin with and she landed with a very soft thud, Haze Rune followed shortly.

"I am really so happy. You're smile fills me up with glee." Pinkie continued to sing. Some other ponies were already awake, and looked to Pinkie, smiling already. her presence giving them a wonderful feeling.

"I give a smile, I get a smile, and that's so special to me. 'Cause I love to see you, beam, beam, beam. Yes I do. Tell me what more I can do to make you see, that I do."

Said Pinkie smiling wide, and warmly at Haze. All of a sudden, a group of ponies, picked Pinkie up, and her singing grew louder, almost as if it was echoing through out Canterlot.

"Come on everypony. Smile, smile, smile. Fill up my heart with sunshine, sunshine. All I really need's a smile, smile, smile. From these happy friends of mine!" Sang Pinkie.

The other ponies that were near them, then began to sing.

"Come on everypony. Smile, smile, smile. Fill up my heart with sunshine, sunshine. All I really need's a smile, smile, smile, from these happy friends of mine!"

"Yes, it's a perfect gift for me. A smile, as wide as a mile!" Sang Pinkie.

Haze smiled wide, and joined in the singing. Her song and her presence, has greatly lifted his spirits.

"To make me as happy as can be!" Sang Haze, to conclude the uplifting song.

As soon as the song began, it ended, and the other ponies went to do their own thing. Haze looked to Pinkie and nodded to her with respect.
"Thank you, Pinkie. I am honored to call you, my friend." Said Haze.
Pinkie Pie smiled wide.

A few hours have passed. Rainbow Dash kept her Wonderbolt Uniform on, but of course washed it, when it needed it. She joined the others in the Canterlot Dining Hall, for breakfast. The Dining Hall was huge, and the aroma of freshly picked Zap Apples, filled the air, along with lettuce and carrots. Haze never had a Zap Apple before, he thought it tasted great. especially Zap Apple jam!

After breakfast, the group would head to the Crystal Empire, to search extensively through it's library. Hopefully to find any answers. As Haze was taking a bite, in his Zap Apple jam sandwich, a mare entered the Dining Hall, her arrival caught his eye, and he looked toward her direction.
"Miss me, anyone?" Said the mare.

Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Trixie and Haze Rune couldn't believe it was her. Rainbow Dash scoffed and continued eating, but smiled softly, at the thought of Rarity here.

"Rarity? What are you doing here?" Asked Applejack, surprised, but glad her old friend has come to her senses.

Rarity lowered her ears, and walked to them all. "Please forgive me, Darlings. I was stressed over my work, and didn't fully hear you out. I'm truly sorry." Said Rarity, sadness in her voice.

Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy ran to Rarity, hugging her, and nuzzling her, as they surrounded the silver white mare.
"We forgive you, Rarity." Said Fluttershy softly.

"So, who's looking after the Carousel Boutique?" Asked Pinkie Pie.

"Oh, Sweetie Bell is. I taught her a few things, over the years. And if I say so my self, she has her own flare with fashion design." Replied Rarity, with a warm smile.

Haze Rune was officially introduced to Rarity. He was glad to meet officially another member of the Mane 6. He was more eager to meet Princess Twilight Sparkle though. The group went to their chambers, and packed their belongings for the trip to the Crystal Empire. The quickest way there of course, was by train, and that would take at least a few days.
Haze Rune got a cabin with Rainbow Dash, and Rarity, along with a few other ponies, he didn't know. During the first day on the train, Haze started eating lunch alone, but Rainbow Dash entered the cabin.

"Haze, what are you doing here alone?" She asked.

Haze put down his sandwich on the table, and lowered his ears. "I, well, I'm not really used to having more than one friend. I wouldn't know what to say or do." Admitted Haze.

"Oh, don't be a sore loser, Haze. We're your friends. You can be your self around us. I'll be there for you, whenever you need me. Besides, I'm one of the Wonderbolts. It's my job and duty. Not only is it my job to look out for others, I do it, because it's the right thing to do." Said Rainbow Dash.

"You're really loyal, Rainbow Dash. I mean, I heard stories, but you really are. It's nice to see that in another pony." Replied Haze.

Rainbow grinned, and stood on her hind legs. "That's me, alright." She then got back on all fours. "Haze. Not I, nor my friends would forsake you." Concluded Rainbow Dash.

She walked to the exit of their cabin, and motioned for him to follow her. She wanted him to join her with the other five. With the magic of his horn, he brought the sandwich with him, and followed, getting more used to being around the legendary ponies of Equestria. He at least considered them as such.

As he and Rainbow Dash entered the largest cabin, there was Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Applejack and Trixie. Haze took notice of Trixie more. He just felt something wasn't quite right with her. He couldn't put his hoof on it. But he didn't want to make assumptions.

Pinkie Pie saw Haze, and smiled. She waved at him. He smiled in return to said pink pony. He sat next to Pinkie. "Oh, I wanted to uh, tell everypony something." Said Haze, right away. Everypony stopped eating and turned their attention to said Crystal pony.

"The night before, I remembered something, when I was in the Crystal Empire. I was there that day, when you helped protect the Crystal Empire, when it returned after a thousand years. I was there...Yet...I don't know. it was like I couldn't move. I'm sorry, that's not a lot to go on, but I remember hearing the Mane 6 talking about saving the Crystal ponies with their history."

"Wow, that isn't a lot to go on." Replied Rainbow Dash. "Wait, then how did you end up living in Canterlot?" Asked Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash was right. He didn't remember much after that, and it frustrated him. Trixie was keeping one eye on Haze as she kept eating.

"I must say, I think that we should send someponies to Starlight's old village. Perhaps we can find some clues as to why Starlight vanished." Said Rainbow Dash.

"I agree, I hope that whatever happened that Starlight is okay. Trixie must be worried sick!" Fluttershy responded.

Trixie tilted her head and looked at Fluttershy. "Uh, yes. I am very worried about Starlight."

The other ponies looked at Trixie in confusion, they didn't expect that sort of response from Starlight's friend. Before anypony could say anything their cabin was thrust violently to the left. Pinkie and Fluttershy flew from their seat and collided with the other side of the cabin. Black silhouettes flew past the window, quickly, but they were too hard to make out, on what they were exactly.

The train itself skidded to a stop, and a bright purple light illuminated the cabin, and screeches of pain could be heard outside, and as soon as the bright purple light was lit, it vanished.

Haze got on all hooves, and shook his head. He helped Rainbow Dash, and the others back on their hooves. Even Trixie.

"Uh, t-thank you Haze." Said Trixie, with no sense of gratitude behind her words.

Haze ignored it, and the Mane 5 thanked him of course, with actual gratitude.

"What in Sam's hill, was that?" Asked Applejack.

As Applejack asked that, the back sliding door opened, and the wind blew in, it was nice and warm. A tall purple mare entered the cabin, and she smiled at the Mane five.

"It has been far to long, girls. I've missed seeing you all." Said the mare.
The Mane 5 smiled wide, and ran to the mare.

"Twilight! Oh, we've missed you too." Said the Mane 5.

Twilight's mane and tail blew softly in the warm wind. The Mane 5 bowed to Princess Twilight Sparkle, as did Haze Rune. It took Trixie, a few seconds to copy their said action.

Twilight took one look at Trixie, and took immediate notice of the Alicorn Amulet. And stood in a defensive stance.

"Trixie, how do you have the Amulet. I sealed it away?!" Exclaimed Twilight.

Trixie stopped bowing and smirked, looking right at the Princess.
The Mane 6 and Haze looked looked at Trixie.

"I never expected your friends to be this gullible, but you. Of course, are way smarter than them. I seriously don't know why you chose to hang around such a sorry bunch. You and I are greater. You've so much potential! Celestia has always held you back!" Said Trixie loudly.

Haze stood in front of Fluttershy, who emitted a small whimper from Trixie's outburst.

Twilight's horn began to glow purple, but before she could use any magic, Trixie began to laugh in a dark manner. She began to get taller, and wings sprouted from her back.

"I've had enough of this feeble form, and all this mushy talk of friendship!" shouted Trixie.
Trixie changed into a darker colored mare, with holes in her legs, and a long distorted horn. The Alicorn Amulet still around her neck. It was Queen Chrysalis! She was only pretending to be Trixie, but how she got the Alicorn Amulet was a mystery indeed. A bright red light came from the center of the Amulet and it traveled to her horn, and she aimed a powerful spell at Twilight.

It was to quick for anypony to do anything to counter said spell. It hit Twilight across the chest, and the spell exploded, causing the cabin to burst apart, and any pony inside flew countless miles away. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were hurled to the southern part of Equestria. Rarity and Haze Rune were hurled to the western part of Equestria, while Pinkie Pie and Applejack were hurled to the northern part of Equestria.
The blast all rendered them unconscious.