• Published 26th Aug 2017
  • 468 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Pony: Mystery of The Crystal Empire - copperhaze



Years have passed and while still very best friends, The Mane 6 have gone their separate ways. Living their own lives. Peace has prospered in Equestria. But! For how long can peace last?

  • ...
 2
 468

Chapter Three

Applejack suggested that Big Mac and Applebloom stay back in Sweet Apple Acres. Applebloom wanted to join them in their journey, but Applejack and Big Mac refused, for she had duties at Sweet Apple Acres. And so, Trixie decided to go with them, because she truthfully wanted to help figure out this big mystery, with how she got the Alicorn Amulet, and why Haze doesn't remember being a Crystal Pony. Also, they worried about Starlight Glimmer. Applejack told them all, that they should visit Fluttershy first, and so they began their trek to her cottage near the Everfree Forest.

Haze Rune continued to admire Ponyville as they walked. He was awfully quiet, but had a lot on his mind. Trixie followed right behind them, and flashed an ominous smirk.

"Haze Rune, are you alright, sugarcube? You're awfully quiet." Asked Applejack.

Haze turned his attention to the mare. "Yes, I'm fine. I just have a lot on my mind, and well. I don't understand why you and Pinkie Pie are so eager to help me."

Pinkie Pie turned her attention to him. "Well, we are helping you, because we're your friend, Hazy Wazy." Said Pinkie Pie.

Haze Rune couldn't believe his furry ears. These two ponies, were his friends, they considered him such, with just meeting him? He couldn't help but smile, from the thought. The group finally made it to the cottage, and Applejack knocked on the door. Inside they could hear Fluttershy humming, she must be cleaning inside. And besides, one of her windows was open.

"Um. I'm coming, hold on, please don't leave." Fluttershy said softly as arrived to the door. She opened the door, and smiled softly at Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Trixie. She noticed the Amulet on Trixie's neck, but Applejack said it was alright, and will explain later. Fluttershy then saw a stallion she never saw before, and hid behind Applejack, whimpering lightly.
Haze Rune tilted his head.

"I'm not going to hurt you, My name is Haze Rune."

Fluttershy peeked from behind Applejack, and whispered: "I'm Fluttershy."

She then hid behind the Earth Pony again. Applejack smiled softly, and chuckled.

"Fluttershy, Haze won't hurt you, I promise. He's a nice little pony." Said Applejack.

The light yellow Pegasus nodded once, and came out from behind Applejack, and smiled softly at the silvery-white Unicorn.

"Fluttershy, could you fly to Cloudsdale and have Rainbow Dash, join us, in our journey. We have another mission."

"Oh, well, I hope this mission isn't dangerous." Said Fluttershy as she flew into the sky.

Rainbow Dash has become a famous member of the Wonderbolts, through out the years. At least 10 minutes later, Fluttershy returned, and along came Rainbow Dash in her Wonderbolt uniform.

"This group has just gotten 20% Cooler." Said Rainbow Dash, standing on her hind legs, then, she placed her front hooves on the ground, placing her goggles around her neck.

Meanwhile in Canterlot, Rarity is working on an important clothes line, in her shop: The Carousel Boutique. Not only was Nightmare Night approaching, but big parties in Canterlot were also being planned, for some time, in a few days. This was a busy time for Rarity.

She stopped for a few seconds, and closed her eyes, rubbing her temple, with her left hoof. She then continued to work on the dresses and tuxedos, even a few costumes. Rarity was busy indeed. A few minutes later, there was a knock on her door. Rarity rolled her eyes in annoyance, because she did put the "Sorry, closed, come back when we're open" Sign on the door.

"Sorry, dear ones. Rarity is busy."

From outside, came Applejack's voice.
"Rarity, please. This is important." Responded Applejack.
Rarity perked her ears, she hasn't seen Applejack in a few years.

"Come in, darling." Said Rarity.

Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Trixie and Haze Rune entered. Applejack explained the situation to Rarity. During the explanation, Rarity continued her work, but still listening.

"I'm Sorry Applejack, we're not little ponies anymore. We're adults now." Said Rarity, not even looking at the group, since they entered the store. "I think it's time we grow up, and not go on silly little adventures."

Haze Rune was taken aback, as was the rest of the group. Applejack's and Pinkie Pie's ears lowered. They couldn't believe what Rarity was saying.
"But Rarity..." began Pinkie, but was cut off.

"No Buts, Pinkamena. Now please, if you would all excuse me, I'm busy." Concluded Rarity.

Applejack and the others turned and left. They were upset. Rarity has gotten to involved with her work, and choosing work, over her friends. Sure, work is important, but something way bigger than any of them was clearly happening. Outside of Rarity's shop, Applejack turned to the group, and she sighs sadly.

"Alright. I guess Rarity isn't coming, and is acting like she did to Sweetie Bell, during that Sisterhooves Social, years ago." Applejack said loudly, for even Rarity could hear.

The Earth pony closed her eyes, and relaxed, and soon opened her eyes. "Well, there is one pony we must recruit. Princess Twilight Sparkle." Applejack concluded.


With Princess Celestia's permission, Applejack, Haze Rune, Trixie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie were allowed to stay in separate chambers of the Canterlot Castle. Before they went to bed, since it was the Evening already. Celestia invited them both to the Throne room. Celestia was near the steps, that led to her Throne. Luna was standing next her. Luna smiled at seeing Haze Rune.

Haze Rune thought that Princess Celestia looked beautiful, and majestic, along with Luna of course. Haze Rune has never been in the throne room before. He thought the setting sun made the glass tinted windows, even more vibrant, and almost alive.

There was even a stained glass of the Mane 6, when they were younger. They were engaged in a battle with Nightmare Moon. On the right side, there was a stained glass with Princess Cadence and Shining Armor fighting Queen Chrysalis. Haze unintentionally turned his attention to Trixie. She was glaring at the same stained window, he just recently looked at. She then took notice of him looking at her, and she quickly stopped the glare. And he looked to her with confusion, and felt like maybe he should keep an eye on her, just in case. Better ask forgiveness, than permission.
Meanwhile, Applejack explained the situation to Princess Celestia, and the Princess nodded.

"Alright, my little ponies. My knowledge of the Crystal Empire is limited. In reality, you know as much as I. I think you all should go to the Crystal Empire, and search through the library, and try and find any information you can. I will send a letter to Princess Twilight Sparkle. I will have her join you all there, once she can. As of right now, she is settling a peace treaty." Said Princess Celestia.

Celestia said good night to the group, and each of them headed to their own chambers. Except for Haze. He wanted to stay up a little longer, and spend some time with Princess Luna. He smiled softly at his first ever friend.

"I'm glad to be back, well seeing my best friend of course." Said Haze.

Luna smiled warmly and nodded. "Aye, it's good to see you as well, young Haze."

The both of them walked out to the Canterlot Gardens. They frequently spent time there together. "So, are you looking forward to Nightmare Night, this year. It's of course, in a few days." Said Haze
.
Luna grinned evilly, but in a playful way, and said aloud: "Citizens of Ponyville, we have graced you with our presence. Bow down to us, our be prepared to have your backsides nibbled"

A pony from a nearby tower, yelled: Hush, now, Quiet Now, someponies are trying to sleep! Oh, My apologizes, Princess Luna." Said the pony, slinking in their tower, hoping not to get in trouble, but Luna let it go. For it was night time.

Silence soon followed, Haze looking up at the stars and enjoying the view. Enjoying the time he gets to spend time with Princess Luna. His ears perked when he felt Luna sit very close to him. He could feel warmth from her furry body. Haze blushed softly. She never got this close to him before.

"I hate to send you away, but I've duties to look over Equestria, during the night time, and besides, you need to rest for tomorrow. Good night, Haze."

Luna lowered her neck, nuzzling his own neck. She then a few seconds later, flew away.

Haze walked to his chamber after Luna was out of his sight. But he wouldn't be getting much rest tonight. He made it to his chamber, and climbed into his large bed, and pulled the dark blue blanket over him, and was as comfortable as he has ever been.

In the middle of the night, Haze began to shift and stir. He was having a dream. But something was different. In the dream, his vision was a bit blurry. He was trapped, like in a block of ice, or something. He was in the Crystal Empire, but he was stuck, unable to move. But he could hear well enough from the outside. It sounded like singing. it was faint, but it gradually grew louder. But as he listened closely enough he could hear the words being sung.

"Princess Cadence needs our help. Her magic will not last forever. I think we can do it, but we need to work together. We have to get this right. Yes, we have to make them see. We can save the Crystal Ponies with their history." Sang one voice.

Then, the one voice grew louder as it was joined by five other voices, and they all sang together: "Oh, we have to get this right. Yes, we have to make them see. We can save the Crystal Ponies with their history."

Music was going along with the singing. Something about the song, and the music, would of made Haze smile if he could, but he was getting very emotional from it, He was happy, and longing to be free. That is what he felt from the singing.

The Unison voices stopped singing for the moment, and another voice began to take it's place.
"There was a Crystal flugelhorn. That everypony liked to play."

Another voice replaced the previous one.

"And the Crystal Kingdom anthem. Can you learn it in a day?"

The first singing voice was then joined again with five other singing voices, and it grew louder, and almost more triumphant.

"Oh, we have to get this right. Yes, we have to make them see. We can save the Crystal Ponies, with their history."

Haze awoke from his dream, and realized it wasn't just a dream, but a memory, but what could it possibly mean. He sat up in bed, and threw the blanket off him, for he felt it was getting to hot. His ears perked, as he tried to concentrate on the voices. He gasped, five of them he recognized, it was of Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rarity. The other voice must have been Twilight Sparkle's!