• Published 26th Aug 2017
  • 468 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Pony: Mystery of The Crystal Empire - copperhaze



Years have passed and while still very best friends, The Mane 6 have gone their separate ways. Living their own lives. Peace has prospered in Equestria. But! For how long can peace last?

  • ...
 2
 468

Chapter Five

Author's Note:

I wanted to say again, that I actually wrote this particular story before season 4 started. So, I had to make some changes to the story to make up for the fact that the story had continuity errors. I wanted to fix that. I am treating this story as if it were canon. I am aware that future episodes of the show will probably destroy this story. Lol.

Anyways, Chapter 5 is a totally new concept that I created for the story, so the differences between the other chapters will be noticeable. Oh, and as if it doesn't become obvious, that this chapter takes place sometime before Haze moves to Ponyville.

Starlight Glimmer made plans with her friend Trixie to spend some time in her old village while Princess Twilight Sparkle was away from Ponyville trying to settle a peace treaty between Yaks and Dragons. Starlight invited Thorax and Maud Pie, but Thorax was busy as well. Being leader of the Changelings of course. Maud already made plans to attend a mineral convention.

The sun began to rise, and light shown into Starlight's cottage. The light finally reaching her face and she frowned in annoyance. Her horn lighting up with magic, she brings the blanket over her head. Trixie was able to sleep in the guest room. Starlight turned away from the window, and removed the blanket that covered her face. She nuzzled into the pillow, with a content smile. bringing her fore legs to her chest, and her hind legs close as well. Basically curling up into a ball.

Trixie quietly entered the room. Hoping that the wood floors wouldn't creak beneath her hooves. A mischievous smirk upon the mare's maw. She finally reached Starlight, and extended a hoof. She gently booped Starlight on the nose. Starlight's nose scrunched up in a cute manner.

Starlight opened her eyes and Trixie was right there, giggling softly.

"Time to get up Starlight, Sugar Belle has prepared a breakfast for the whole village. Remember?" Trixie asked, eager to finally get a taste of Sugar Belle's famous food.

Starlight groaned softly. Not wanting to get up just yet. But, she sat up in the bed. Because if she didn't, Trixie would just continue to boop her on the nose.

Trixie trotted out of the room happily, while Starlight stretched and yawned.

-------

Meanwhile outside

Party Favor set up numerous tables, setting them up against each other, basically making one long table. There was streamers and balloons surrounding the village as well. Starlight hasn't been able to visit her old home in awhile and Party Favor wanted to celebrate her return. Sugar Belle had some help with the baking from Mrs. Cake, especially since Sugar Belle was pregnant.

plates and goblets were set upon the table by Party Favor, and the food was almost done! Every villager found a seat to sit in. They all were very eager to have such a lovely breakfast with friends and family.

Starlight finally left the cottage, and smiled warmly at all that her friends have done for her. Trixie was able to sit near Starlight. Sugar Belle came out from her bakery, along with Party Favor. They brought out the food with their magic and placed it gently on each plate. Excited chatter could be heard from the villagers, and Starlight tapped the table with her hoof to get everypony's attention. The talking stopped and they all turned to look at Starlight.

Her ears lowered softly, still not quite used to being accepted by the villagers. But, she was happy to have been given a second chance by them.

"I wanted to thank all of you for giving me a second chance in being your friend, also this party. I can't express my gratitude enough for you all. I'd like to consider you all family. I love you all." Starlight said softly. Her eyes tearing up lightly.

The whole village nodded in approval, and gave Starlight a warm smile. Trixie nearly got teary eyed as well, lightly grasping Starlight's hoof. Starlight nuzzled into Trixie's neck. A quiet ominous chuckle broke the silence, and Starlight's horn ignited with defensive magic. Before she could do anything the tables were thrust into the air! Food, plates and goblets falling off them as they were lifted violently into the sky, they then collided into each of the individual cottages. Damaging the roofs. Screams of confusion and terror bounced off the neighboring mountains, as the villagers scattered in confusion.

Starlight and Trixie looked around frantically trying to find out who or what was causing this! Trixie soon realized that Starlight's cottage was untouched. She pointed that out to Starlight, and she turned her attention to her home.

The door of her cottage opened, and a tall lanky mare stepped out. Her distorted horn glowing an eerily shade of red. Her mane flowing gently into the wind.

"Queen Chrysalis!?" Exclaimed Starlight, glaring at the former changeling ruler.

Chrysalis chuckled darkly, and she had the Alicorn Amulet. Trixie gasped at noticing it. She remembered quite vividly what exactly that Amulet has done to her in the past. It was a very evil object, and even stirred up dark and lonely thoughts into whom ever has worn it. Queen Chrysalis having it, clearly has made her even more powerful than before!

Starlight shot an energy beam at Queen Chrysalis, but it only made the evil mare laugh. The attack spell had no effect!

"Oh, Starlight. Nice try. I came better prepared, and this time. You can't possibly stop me for what I have planned!" Chrysalis boasted.

Chrysalis used her magic, and a red aura enveloped around Trixie. Starlight gasped and reached out for her friend. But to no avail. Trixie's ears lowered and tried to get to Starlight, but no success. Chrysalis brought Trixie over to her, having the small pony hovering in the air, and unable to escape. Chrysalis' horn flared brightly and a cage with green slime and a few sharp spikes appeared, she teleported Starlight into the cage.

"No, wait. Please don't hurt Trixie!" Starlight exclaimed. Not caring about being imprisoned into said cage. She did care, but she cared more about Trixie's safety, and the fellow villagers.

"I am afraid that you will never see your friends again. For I know exactly what to do with them. This is only the beginning, Starlight. I am going to visit Ponyville soon!" Chrysalis said happily and with a spark of her horn used her magic to send Starlight while in the gross and slimy cage, deep into an underground cave. She could barely see anything, as there wasn't much light being provided in the cave. Starlight tried using magic to escape the cage. No luck at all.

Starlight groaned in frustration, and almost on the verge of tears. She couldn't believe that she couldn't do anything to protect Trixie and the other villagers. She was even worried about what Chrysalis might do with her other friends from Ponyville.

"Trixie!!!" Starlight screamed out for her friend.