• Published 14th Jul 2012
  • 1,224 Views, 41 Comments

The Story Of Sky Blue - Capulus



First FiM FanFic. Sorry if I got some things wrong, I have only seen S1, and read the wiki. FEEDBACK

  • ...
3
 41
 1,224

Trusting Honesty


As Celestia’s sun went down, a little quicker than normal, Sky flew back to the Farmhouse, her buckets laden with apples. She trotted over to the barn, and put them on there, locking it as she walked back to the house. She trotted through the creaking door, and saw Applejack sitting at the kitchen table, enjoying a slice of apple pie. But it wasn’t AJ that Sky noticed. It was the cyan pegasus pony seated next to her.
Rainbow Dash.
Sky almost snapped again, then and there, but she decided just to see what was going on. Maybe Applejack hadn’t told her? She felt a strange sense of calm when she locked eyes with ‘Dash.
“Oh hey Sky! I just stopped in here when I smelt AJ cooking some of her apple pie! Come and have a slice!” Applejack smiled nervously at Sky. If looks could kill, Applejack would be a smear on the wall. But she calmed down, and looked at AJ and nodded to ‘Dash, who had buried her face in her pie. She saw AJ give a slight shake of her head. She sagged with relief. She wanted to tell Rainbow in her own time, in her own way. She smiled as Rainbow sat up and grabbed another piece of pie between her hooves.
“OUCH! HOTHOTHOT!” She dropped the piece on to her plate with a small splat. Sky was by her side in a flash.
“Come on, let’s get that under some water.” She didn’t know what had come over her. Well, she did, but that sounds so much better. She just didn’t want to see Rainbow hurting.
“Ummm... Thanks, Sky.” Rainbow said this as Sky ran water over her burned hoof. She locked eyes with Rainbow and they stood there, with Sky holding one of Rainbow’s hooves in her own, under the cold water. Sky felt a blush coming on, when she heard a voice from somewhere far away.
“Um, guys? Ah got to pay for that water, you know that right?” Sky and Rainbow snapped back to the real world. Rainbow turned away quickly as Sky shut off the water. Did she see a hint of red on that cyan face? Or was it a trick of the light? Oh, I should just forget it. She doesn’t feel that way about me. They sat and ate in silence for a while, occasionally exchanging some words, when Rainbow Dash looked at the old cuckoo clock on the wall.
“Woah, it’s getting late, I better go. Um... I’ll see you guys tomorrow, alright?” Sky felt that the blue pegasus had left a little quicker than was necessary. Stop it! Remember? She doesn’t feel the same way about... Me. Yo--I should just give up. Sky decided to get some sleep too.
“See you in the morning, AJ.”
“Alright Sugarcube, Ah just got to clean this mess up.”

Sky trotted up the stairs to Aj’s room and lay down on the cot. She looked out the window at Luna’s moon. Oh Rainbow... I wish I could tell you how I feel. Ah! How many times must I--you---I repeat yourself? Rainbow. Is. Straight. Nothing can change that. This odd thought just sent Sky into a deeper pit of despair. She felt herself crying, and did so until she fell into a shallow sleep.