• Published 14th Jul 2012
  • 1,223 Views, 41 Comments

The Story Of Sky Blue - Capulus



First FiM FanFic. Sorry if I got some things wrong, I have only seen S1, and read the wiki. FEEDBACK

  • ...
3
 41
 1,223

True Memories

Sky fell sideways, about to hit the ground, when a familiar pair of hooves caught her, and laid her down softly. She felt Rainbow kiss her cheek softly, and then she faded into unconsciousness.
She woke up in a strange dark room. She was lying in the corner, and immediately recognised this as Chrysalis’ castle. So, I’m in another memory. Great. She looked around, and saw her younger self --much younger, probably younger than Applebloom-- sleeping peacefully on a straw mattress in the corner. Upon closer inspection she saw herself to be banged up, with burns and bruises. Then she heard a set of hooves approaching the steel door.
“Step aside.”
“Very well Queen Chrysalis.”
The door swung open and Sky saw --you guessed it-- Queen Chrysalis standing there.
“Where did you find it?”
“She was in one of the villages we sacked last night. We don’t know why, but we felt you should see her, my Queen.”
“Hmph. I doubt anything will come of this. But, very well. Leave us.” The door swung shut and she heard the guards leaving. Chrysalis looked at Young Sky carefully for moment, before stamping a hoof, causing her Younger Self to jerk into consciousness.
“Wh-what? Who’s there? Mommy? Daddy? Are they gone? Can I come out? Mommy?” She saw herself look blearily around and lock eyes with Chrysalis.
“M-mommy?”
Chrysalis had a look of distaste on her face when she heard this.
“No. I am not your ‘mommy’. Who are you? What is your name?”
“M-my Daddy said never to talk to strangers, ma’am.”
“I am not a stranger. I am the only one standing between you and death. Now tell me your name!” She followed this with a stamp her hoof.
“My name i-is S-Sky Blue, ma’am.”
“Don’t call me ma’am. You may address me as ‘My Queen’.”
“Umm, sorry ma-- My Queen. I didn’t mean to be rude. You are the big one here, not me.”
“You would do well to remember that... Sky. Now, tell me, why did my guards have reason to bring you here?”
“Umm... It could be my talents... But mommy said not to use them.”
“Never mind what she said. Show me.”
“Okay, M-my Queen.” Sky felt angry that her younger self had to address Chrysalis like this, as she only looked abut 7 years old. Her young self then started to talk under her breath, and the hay from her bed flew into the air and began forming something. As Chrysalis watched with an amazed look on her face, The hay formed a perfect cube and dropped to the ground.
“Okay, now I understand. Come with me, And I shall give you a more comfortable place to rest your head.”
As Chrysalis walked out with her younger self in tow, Sky watched this in amazement. She could do that? And well enough to impress Chrysalis? Wow.
She wanted to watch more of this, but Sky felt herself being pulled away from this strange memory, and back into the real world. Or at least... The present real world.

As Sky opened her eyes, she saw the familiar yellow eyes and black and white snout of Zecora.
“Welcome back to the land of the conscious,
You look alright, more or less.
For a while I thought I had lost you there,
As if you had disappeared into thin air.
You must explain that to me Sky, for information is one thing I hate to lack,
But first you must tell us how you were able to hold Discord back.”
“I-I saw one of my memories. But before you get excited--” She said this as the others, who had been standing to the side --with the exception of Rainbow Dash, who was kneeling next to her-- jumped up in joy, “--It involved Chrysalis. She didn’t address me directly, so I don’t think it was a trick. She was talking to me. Not, y’know, me me, it was actually young me. And I really don’t think this was a trick Twilight--” She said this to the tired-looking unicorn, as she opened her mouth to interrupt, “--Because, if I hadn’t remembered it, Discord would have defeated me. She was teaching me how to fight off hypnosis. It was in case... In case... In case Celestia caught me and tried to get information out of me.” She heard Twilight gasp at the mention of her mentor using force to get information.
“But she would neve--”
“Well I didn’t know that! I had been raised by Chrysalis for Celestia’s sake! I didn’t realise she was wrong! I just wish I knew what she had said to get me on her side in the first place! Oh damn...” She felt her vision flicker for a moment. “This had better not become a regular occurrence...” Sky said, as, to the dismay and shock of her friends, she blacked out again.

When she came to again, Sky was in a dark bedroom, with a huge bed in front of her, and a slightly-less beaten up Young Sky curled up in one of the pillowcases, using it as a sleeping bag.
“Young one! Wake up!” Sky jumped as she heard the voice of Chrysalis right behind her.
“Young one! Grr... Sky!” Sky saw her young self jerk awake, and look around slowly.
“Oh... Hello ma’a-- My Queen. What do you need?”
“I wish to know more about what you know.” Chrysalis walked past Sky over to the bed, and in a movement that perplexed Sky, she climbed onto the bed and knelt next to her young self.
“Tell me, what do you know about Equestria?”
“Well... I know about Celestia looking after the land, and the elements of harmony, and Nightmare Moon, and Discord, and--”
“Enough. What do you know about Celestia? And The... Ugh... The Elements of Harmony?”
“I know that Princess Celestia makes sure we are all safe, which is why she put Nightmare Moon in the moon, to keep us all safe from eternal night, And the elements of harmony are magical artifacts, which were used to defeat Discord and Nightmare Moon. They are:
Loyalty, Honesty, Laughter, Kindness, Generosity, and there is the unknown one.”
Chrysalis closed her eyes and shook her head sadly.
“You poor child... You have been lied to throughout your entire short life. Celestia is not the saviour of Equestria, she is it’s tyrant. Nightmare Moon was actually trying to free the land from the grip of Celestia, and free it forever from Celestia’s torturous hold. She used the Elements of Harmony to imprison Nightmare, so she could never again rebel against that tyrant. The elements of harmony are real, but Celestia misuses their power. She uses them to fool people into thinking she is helping them. I wish to free Equestria as well, but I have been banished because of my efforts. Now, here is where I wait to try and free Equestria once more!” Chrysalis spoke with such passion, that Sky almost believed it herself. Her younger self certainly did.
“I-I-I’ve been lied to? A-a-all this time, have I-I-I just been a s-s-slave to her?”
“Yes, young one, and that is why she had your parents killed. They were working with me, to help free your land. It is pure luck that my troops had been in the area at the time.”
“Wait... My mommy and daddy are... D-d-dead?” Sky thought she saw some form of regret on the Queen’s face, but it passed and Sky didn’t think anything else of it. Young Sky suddenly leapt up, and hugged Chrysalis. Sky was worried how the Queen would react. Obviously she wouldn’t kill young Sky, but it was a self preservation thing. She was even more surprised when Chrysalis hugged young Sky back. But this also passed when she said;
“Fight with me, and we can avenge your parents, together! Will you help me do that Sky?”
“Of course My Queen! I’ll start training now, if you want me too.”
“First let’s get you some food.”
Sky felt the familiar tug of consciousness as she woke up, and looked into the eyes, not of Zecora, but of Rainbow Dash, who was shaking her vigorously.
“Sky! Wake up! Sky!”
“Rainbow! I’m fine! Don’t worry!” Sky was on the floor, and she could tell no more than a minute had passed. The others had crowded around, and Sky knew they were wondering what was going on. Rainbow didn’t usually show this much care, even as the Element of Loyalty. Sky rolled over and stood up. She decided to tell them the reason they had come here in the first place.
“Okay guys, me and Rainbow have to tell you something important. And yes, in my mind at least, it is more important than my memory coming back.”
She took a deep breath, and Rainbow stood next to her for support.
“Okay. This morning when I woke up my mind was clearer than it had been for days. It was if some parasite had just faded away and left me to think clearly at last. You see, for the past... Well... Two days... I knew that I had some weird feeling for Rainbow, or at least it felt weird, and unfamiliar. But, anyway, this morning I woke up... And I realised fully what it was.
I knew I was in love with ‘Dash.” Sky looked at the faces of her friends, expecting to see some form of disapproval, but they were impassive.
“So I flew straight to Rainbow’s house.” She looked at ‘Dash, and she nodded. Sky sighed with relief, and recounted what had happened when she arrived. They all gasped a few times in surprise, but when Sky finished her story with a quiet;
“And she asked to be my Marefriend, and I accepted.", her friends all rushed forward and hugged them.
“We’re so glad you’re happy darling!”
“I’ll have to throw a party! Yay!”
“I’m so glad you two are happy.”
“Ummm... Yeah, umm... So glad ya told me...”
“I don’t know why you were hiding your feelings, Sky, we love you no matter what.”
Rainbow managed to pull herself away, and the hug broke up. She said, with a smile on her face;
“What did I say about the sappy stuff?” Sky laughed and they all started talking about what was going on. Sky recounted her newest memory, and Twilight was amazed that Chrysalis had managed to trick young Sky so easily.
“You’re just filling me with confidence." Sky said, her words saturated with sarcasm.
"Remember, I was about seven years old at the time.”
They talked for a little while longer, and decided to disperse when the sun peeked over the horizon, signaling a new day.
Sky looked at a clock and saw the time was 8:00. Ah well, like I thought, even princesses need to sleep in every now and then. The day passed slowly, and Sky spent most of it with Rainbow. They decided that Sky would stay with AJ until her family came back, because without Sky, AJ would be all alone. But all too soon, the sun began going down, and Sky went back to AJ’s farmhouse, kissing ‘Dash goodbye and going inside. She was still worried, as the morning’s encounter with Discord meant he was on the loose once more. If he was though, he was laying low, which even Sky knew was strange. Pinkie had made sure that Sky knew that;
“Chaos comes with chocolate rain. Chocolate rain.” earlier in the day. Sky ate a large piece of Apple Pie with Applejack for dinner, then went to bed, where she fell asleep easier than she had in days. But the subtle flickering before she fell asleep showed that she would be seeing another memory. Fine, if I have to.

As Sky woke up, she saw she was in a large library. She could tell some time had passed, as she saw a slightly older --probably older than Applebloom, but only just-- Young Sky sitting at a table, books stacked around her. Sky jumped when she saw Chrysalis standing next to her, but calmed when she remembered the Queen couldn’t see her.
“This one has read so many of my books, she must be forgetting things by now, surely.” Sky trotted over to the table where Young Sky sat, and looked at the books. They had titles that indicated they were books on flying, and controlling mental powers. Young Sky finished the book she was reading, and hovered it up to the top of a stack higher than Sky herself. In the same spell her young self got another book and began reading it thoroughly. Suddenly, Sky saw a flash of light that made Young Sky jump. She looked at her flank and saw a book and quill, exactly like Sky’s appear. Her younger self looked at it in amazement.
“M-m-my Cutie mark...? I... I... I got my Cutie Mark! Yes!” Sky saw Chrysalis trot forward, and stop a few feet away from Young Sky. Then, her young self starting bouncing around Chrysalis.
“My Queen! My Queen! I have discovered my special talent! Yesyesyesyesyes! It was because you saved me that I got it! Thank you so much again my Queen!” Chrysalis looked uncomfortable with the sudden affection Sky was showing.
“Very well, but we must get back to your flight training. You were good last time, but not fast enough to beat Celestia.” Sky realised this must have been some kind of goal Chrysalis had set for Young Sky, to be able to beat Celestia in every way.
“That’s why I was reading about it! To learn how to fly faster! And now I have my cutie mark! Yay!” Chrysalis nodded stiffly and they walked away. The memory faded, but a new one immediately replaced it. Sky was in the same courtyard as when her Young Self had been fighting hypnosis. But this time she was flying through the air at supersonic speed, and Chrysalis was standing on the ground, her mouth open in shock. Sky thought more would happen, but this one faded immediately, to be replaced by a small dirt arena, probably about the size of Twilight’s library.
Sky could see her yet-again-older self crouching in the middle. She was probably about 13 now. So this was about 10 years ago. Young Sky was surrounded by Changelings, dark green, insect like ponies. Sky could see Chrysalis standing on top of a pedestal, on the stands that surrounded the arena.
“Go.” In an instant, the Changelings charged Young Sky and tried to attack her.
Tried.
Young Sky flew up and hovered about 5 feet off the ground. Then she dove into the group of Changelings and started kicking and head butting them, throwing them away with her magic, and Sky swore she saw some painful biting. Within minutes, the Changelings were unconscious, clutching their heads and moaning, or in the case of one, walking away uncomfortably, and slightly bow-legged. Sky had to feel sorry for them, even though they were the bad guys.
Sky sighed as she saw Chrysalis congratulating Young Sky, and then the memory faded, and Sky woke up at last.

Sky sat up and rubbed her head uncomfortably. Man, recovering memories hurts. She looked around to see that Applejack wasn’t in her bed. She slowly got up and looked at the clock. When she saw it, and then looked out the window, Sky was suddenly afraid, so afraid that she shot through the window, tearing it out of the wall, straight to Twilight’s library.
It was 11:00 am.
The moon was still in the middle of the sky.