• Published 14th Jul 2012
  • 1,223 Views, 41 Comments

The Story Of Sky Blue - Capulus



First FiM FanFic. Sorry if I got some things wrong, I have only seen S1, and read the wiki. FEEDBACK

  • ...
3
 41
 1,223

Arrival

As their carriage approached Canterlot, Sky immediately knew that Canterlot had been affected as much, if not more, by Discord’s chaotic spells. There were grey ponies everywhere, wreaking havoc; looting buildings and smashing windows. Sky heard Twilight sobbing, and remembered that the purple unicorn had grown up here. They quickly got off the carriage when it stopped, and headed for the place from Sky’s memory. As they ran, there was a flash and when the light disappeared, Discord was standing in front of them, with an evil smile on his face. Sky went to cast a spell, but a zipper shut her mouth.
“Now, girls, this is just disappointing. You think that you can get into the Changeling’s home land and just take the elements from Chrysalis like that?” He accompanied this with a flick of his fingers, which caused a row of houses behind them to burst into flames. Sky tried to turn and run at the sight, but she found her hooves were super-glued to the cobbles underneath them. She was forced to watch, and she saw shadowy figures running about inside, and she actually broke the zipper when she screamed as the houses collapsed in on themselves, killing whoever was inside.
“Now, I didn’t want to have to do that, but you forced my hand. Or... Talon... Or... Paw? Anyway, you forced me.”
“That doesn’t even make sense! Why would you kill them? They did nothing wrong to you!” Sky looked around, and saw her friends looking at Discord, looks of rage and loathing on their faces.
“Sense? What fun is there in making sense? Hahaha! Did you enjoy that little show Sky Blue? It would have brought back some interesting memories, no?”
Sky froze.
Heat, extreme heat. Her mother pushing her into the basement. She kissed Sky’s forehead, and told her to stay there. Then screaming. So much screaming. Then a crash... And silence. Then a blinding light as insect like ponies opened the charred door.
Sky shook herself, forgetting this unwanted memory.
“You evil bastard! There were ponies in there! Innocent ponies! And you just killed them!”
“And?”
“How could you?”
“Oh, you want an encore? Very well, if you enjoyed it that much.” He clicked his fingers again and another row burst into flames. Sky almost started to scream then and there, but a spell popped into her head, and she used it immediately.
“EXTINGUERE! PEINE! QUALEN!” The fires went out, and Discord writhed in the air for a moment, before stopping where he was, clutching his chest, and falling to the ground, his eyes closed, his entire body not moving. Sky stopped for a moment, not believing it. It was too good to be true. But as Discord lay there, not breathing, a tiny sliver of hope cracked Sky’s skepticism.
“It... It worked? It worked! I killed Discord!” But then the draconequus started laughing, and he floated back up into the air.
“Nope, couldn’t keep a straight face.” He started laughing madly, but she could tell the pain spell had worked. It was the way he was obviously trying not to move around too much, almost as if he had recently felt as though his bones were all being bent backwards at once, then lit on fire and dipped in acid.
Wow, powerful spell... He just clicked his fingers and disappeared, without another word. They all saw that their feet were unstuck, and they set off again, going by Sky’s memory, and Twilight’s knowledge of Canterlot’s layout. They were stopped numerous times, and Sky realised that if they wanted to continue unhindered, they would have to get rid of Discord’s spells. Knowing what she had to do, Sky quickly explained this to the others and shot into the air.
Down on the ground, however things had taken a strange turn. Rainbow had noticed a strange grey Stallion following them. She finally turned around and grabbed him form an alleyway as Sky took off.
“What the hay are you doing here?” Rainbow yelled at the shaking figure of a discoloured Prince Blueblood, and he looked quickly at Rarity.
“I-I wish to speak to m-miss Rarity, and a-apologise for my g-ghastly behaviour at th-the gala!” He said, and Rainbow threw him into the dirt at Rarity’s hooves.
“Well? Start apologising!” Rarity said this, but the others could clearly see the hope in her eyes.
“R-Rarity. I am s-so sorry for the way I-I acted at the G-grand Galloping G-gala. I should have never treated p-perfection such as you so rudely. I want to ask you if you will f-forgive me, and maybe g-give me a s-second chance? P-please?” Rarity squealed with girlish delight and threw her forehooves around him and kissed him on the lips.
Rainbow nudged AJ, and whispered;
“He’s just acting like this because of Discord, right?”
“Yep.”
“And Sky is about to get rid of Discord’s influence?”
AJ smirked and whispered back;
“Yep.”
“Wow. Rarity is going to kill Sky.” They both laughed, but stopped when they all felt a huge magical pulse hit the City as Sky screamed the spell above Canterlot.
“REMEMORARI! EXTINGUERE! REPARARE!” Rarity pulled away from Blueblood as his colour came back. He touched his dirty face and coat and screamed girlishly.
“Ewww! I just got myself groomed!” He rubbed his hooves over himself and, in the absence of anything else, wiped them on Rarity’s scarf.
“Uh, oh.” Rarity just closed her eyes, although Rainbow could just tell that this was the calm before the storm. Then she looked up at Sky, and gestured to Blueblood. Rainbow could guess what she meant by the ‘slamming hooves together’ gesture. Blueblood just stood there, a look of horror on his face, as he had just recognised Rarity as the only mare to ever yell at him. Then he was gone, and Sky landed lightly where he had just been standing. Needless to say, everyone but Sky and Rarity, --who was pulling an unsullied scarf out of her saddlebags quietly, with a smug look on her face-- were very confused.
“What did you do?”
“Oh, let’s just say that Blueblood will be enjoying an extended stay in Appeloosa.” They all laughed at this, then remembered why they were there, and what had happened since they had been there, and they set out towards the place Sky remembered once more. It was vague, but she was pretty sure she knew where she was going with Twilight’s encyclopedic knowledge of Canterlot. As they got closer to the palace, Sky started to worry that they may run into Chrysalis, or Nightmare Moon. She didn’t think Discord would want to try and take Sky on again. Then there was a flash of light and a dark-blue pony about three quarters’ Celestia’s size came running towards them. She had a crescent moon on her flank. This must be Luna.
“Twilight! I need your help!”
Twilight stood back, and the others ran into a line, ready to attack, in case that this was another trick. But Luna looked genuinely scared as she approached.
“Twilight! Celestia has gone insane! Chrysalis has done something to he--” She cut off and fell to the ground, screaming and clutching her head with her hooves;
“Get out of my head, dark queen! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!” She rolled around, screaming incoherently, only occasionally making sense.
“I WON’T I WON’T I WON’T! YOU WILL NOT MAKE ME BECOME NIGHTMARE MOON AGAIN CHRYSALIS!” But, as Luna said this, a dark mist was collecting around her, and Sky could see vague images of the armour she had seen Nightmare Moon wearing --which she had seen in one of Twilight’s books while they were sleeping-- starting to appear on Luna’s respective body parts. And her mane was getting shorter, and her voice was taking on a deep edge. Sky ran forward, her friends protests lost on her. She felt somepony grab her shoulder, and she turned around to see Rainbow.
“I don’t want to lose you, Sky! I can’t lose the first pony I’ve ever loved!”
“Rainbow... If I don’t, we will all lose. I’d rather risk myself rather than all of you. Please. Rainbow. I promise that I’ll come out. Please!”
“Fine. But... Sky? You had better keep that promise.”
And with this, Sky galloped towards Luna, and pushed her forehead against the princess’, entering her mind. Rainbow looked at AJ.
“Was she telling the truth? Will she come out?”
“Ah don’t know. She wasn’t telling the truth, but she wasn’t lying either. Sorry Ah can’t help more ‘Dash.” Rainbow’s eyes widened as she realised what this meant.
“So, Sky might not come out?” She spun around, but AJ had been ready, and tackled her to the ground.
“Help me!” She yelled over her shoulders, and the others ran over and helped AJ hold Rainbow down.
“SKY!” Rainbow yelled this as Sky started to shake and twitch. Rainbow actually threw Pinkie, Rarity, and Fluttershy off when Sky pulled back and collapsed. Her chest wasn’t rising or falling, as it had done the other times he had passed out, with the exception of her last memory.
“SHE ISN’T BREATHING! SKY!” Rainbow’s voice cut out and she threw AJ and Twilight off, galloping for Sky’s stationary body.
The blue pegasus wasn’t breathing. Rainbow put her head against Sky’s chest. Her heart wasn’t beating. She began to pound on Sky’s chest, screaming and crying. Twilight appeared by her side, and put her hoof on Rainbow’s shoulder.
“I’m s-sorry Rainbow... I th-think it’s too l-late. She isn’t b-breathing. I-I’m sorry.” Rainbow just stopped, and fainted, Twilight’s spell putting her into a deep sleep. “Sky... Please be okay... Rainbow really loves you. She wouldn’t have dropped her mask if she didn’t truly care about you.” She felt for a pulse, and felt something so faint, that Rainbow wouldn’t have noticed it in her grief. Twilight knelt next to Sky, and put her horn against the Pegasus’ chest, and started to give her energy, to fight off whatever Sky was facing at the moment. She could nevertheless feel her fading. Twilight stopped for a second, and called Rarity over, hoping the other Unicorn could help her with her own magic. Together, they slowed Sky’s decline, but only just.

--Confused? Wondering what happened in Luna’s mind? Me too, and I’m writing this stuff. This is the longest story I have written to date, EVER. Please let me know how it is so far in the comments. Anyway, time to continue the story!--
--TIME MACHINE ACTIVATE--

“Rainbow... If I don’t, we will all lose. I’d rather risk myself rather than all of you. Please. Rainbow. I promise that I’ll come out. Please!”
“Fine. But... Sky? You had better keep that promise.”
And with this, Sky galloped towards Luna, and pushed her forehead against the princess’, entering her mind.
As Sky left her body, she could hear Rainbow saying something to AJ. She pushed through a large gap in Luna’s defenses, where she guessed Chrysalis had been pushing through for months. Slowly enough not to be noticed, but fast enough to actually make progress. She came to a large hole in what could be called the ‘wall’ of Luna’s inner sanctum. She saw that it was just a dark cloud, at midnight, with a full moon in the middle of the sky. It looked like a beautiful place to just fly forever. When she went inside the sanctum, she saw exactly the opposite of what she had been expecting.
That is to say, she had been expecting something. Then she got what she wanted as the sky exploded. She looked up and saw Chrysalis and what could only be Nightmare moon chasing Luna, and ramming her as they flew. Sky knew what she had to do, and took off, flying towards Chrysalis. Luna would have to fight Nightmare on her own. Sky hit Chrysalis’ mindvision at unimaginable speeds. Well, they were imagined... But... Never mind. Sky hit Chrysalis and the changeling queen was thrown far off course, and Sky flew after her. She rammed Chrysalis hard enough to break bones in the real world, and threw the dark queen off as she tried to rejoin Luna, who was now easily defeating Nightmare without Chrysalis helping her. Sky would have yelled at Chrysalis, but she just flickered and faded. Sky looked over to Luna, and the princess had defeated Nightmare and had landed, beckoning Sky to join her. As she landed, Luna hugged Sky, surprising her with the force of it.
“Thank you, Sky Blue. You have saved me from those horrid apparitions! But... I have a feeling that Chrysalis hasn’t given up.”
“We’ll worry about that when she attacks again.”
Sky started to pull out of Luna’s mind, the moon princess’ defenses repairing themselves as she went, but as Sky pulled out and went back into her body completely, something assaulted her mind, and Sky realised she couldn’t breathe. She tried to say a spell, but her throat was constricted, stopping her from getting the words together. She tried as hard as she could, but when she was completely in control of her own body, she fell backwards, the last thing she heard was somepony screaming.
“SHE ISN’T BREATHING! SKY!”
Then she felt the darkness take her, and Sky passed out.

Sky woke up in what she guessed was her own ‘Sanctum’. Wow, I’m in my own mind at last. She looked around and saw what she had remembered as the Changeling Homeland. Well this is dull. She looked around, wondering why she was there, and saw Chrysalis and Discord, as well as about twenty Changelings hovering above her.
“Ah, pulled out all the stops for little old me, have you?”
“Quiet! You may have defeated me before, but now I have Discord and my best magicians with me!”
“Why? Too much of a wimp to face me alone?” And with this, Sky charged them all. Chrysalis looked surprised for a second, but simply ordered her magicians to attack. They swarmed Sky, but she just blasted them away with her magic.
OBLITERARE!” She yelled, destroying all of them. Doing this, though, took a lot of energy, and Sky had to stop before she got to Discord and Chrysalis. Then she felt a surge of energy hit her, and without wasting time wondering about the source, shot up and rammed Discord, who had been watching carefully. Sky had been going fast enough to surprise him, though, and his mindvision faded, leaving only Sky and Chrysalis. Then the energy went away and Sky dropped a few feet.
“Ha! Getting weak, Sky?”
But then Sky felt an even stronger surge hit her, and she said the first spell that popped into her head.
DESTRUERE!” The force of the spell threw Chrysalis back, but she recovered and threw a spell at Sky. She just dodged the fire spell, and sent one back;
INCINERARE!” The spell hit Chrysalis’ mindvision and the queen finally flickered and faded. Sky felt herself crash into the ground of her ‘Sanctum’ and passed out.
That is... She woke up. Sky opened her eyes and looked into Twilight’s purple ones. She felt a horn prodding her torso, and realised it must have been Rarity, and that her and Twilight must have been the source of the energy she felt. Sky got up, and saw Rainbow, unconscious a few feet away.
“I guess I heard her as I went under.” She shook Rainbow softly, and the pegasus shot up, instantly alert, and hugged Sky.
“Sky! I thought you were dead!”
“I usually have that effect on ponies. Can’t... Breathe... Again...” Rainbow let go and stood up.
“Sorry, again.” Sky looked over to where Luna was lying on the ground. She was awake, and watching the reunion with an amused expression. Sky helped her up and the small smile went away, to be replaced with one of worry.
“Ponies! You must help Celestia! She is in need of your help!” Twilight was by Luna’s side immediately.
“Take us to the castle now!”
“You can’t seriously think I would be that careless, would you? To keep Celestia in Discord’s new fortress would be suicidal for both of us. I have her hidden away. I had to use my most powerful knockout spell, which is why I think Chrysalis was able to break through. The spell used the last of my energy, and I felt her breaking through, and I just ran when I saw you. But now is not the time for talk! We must save Celestia before we worry about the others!”
They all nodded in unison and Luna took them to where she had hidden Celestia.