• Published 14th Jul 2012
  • 1,223 Views, 41 Comments

The Story Of Sky Blue - Capulus



First FiM FanFic. Sorry if I got some things wrong, I have only seen S1, and read the wiki. FEEDBACK

  • ...
3
 41
 1,223

What will she say?

As Sky came back to her own body, she pulled her forehead away from Rainbow’s, and turned to leave. She didn’t want to see the look on ‘Dash’s face.
“W-wait! Sky, don’t go, please.” Sky stopped and turned around to see Rainbow sitting up in her bed and smiling weakly.
“Do... Do you remember anything from... From your dream?” Rainbow nodded.
“Yes. And Sky, thank you for that.”
Sky looked at Rainbow and smiled. ‘Dash must not remember her confession.
“I’m glad you’re okay ‘Dash.” Sky trotted over and hugged Rainbow. At least now I’ll have some more time to thin-- Sky was hurled away from this thought as Rainbow leaned up and kissed her. Sky almost fainted there and then.
“And I love you too. I didn’t realise it until that dream. Thank you Sky, for making me realise that.” Sky stroked her mane.
“I didn’t know it was love at first either, but... I don’t know. It was during the first nightmare I had.”
“Wanna tell me what really happened now?”
“Nothing really, we were flying around, landed on a cloud and I confessed how I felt. But I was afraid what other ponies would think. I heard someone talking about... What was it? Fillyfoolers? And I saw it as derogatory, the way they were talking.”
Sky was taken aback when Rainbow burst out laughing.
“That’s why? Because of one prejudiced pony? Sky! You shouldn’t let that hold you back!”
“But what about our friends?” Sky said, trying to explore all the negatives, although they barely outweighed the positives, i.e. Being with Rainbow.
“As long as we are happy, they will be. If they’re good friends, they’ll love us no matter who we love. I don’t think it matters whether they are a colt or a mare.” Sky nodded, tears in her eyes.
“I love you more than anything Rainbow. I don’t think I have ever felt this way. You can forget experiences, but not feelings, especially ones as strong as this.”
Rainbow smirked.
“Okay, enough of the sappy stuff. We’ve told each other how we feel, so I think it’s obvious that you want to be my marefriend, right? ‘Cause I want to be yours.”
“Of course I do!”
“Okay then, how about we go for a fly to celebrate? We’ll tell the others later, when they are all awake.”
Sky nodded and they set out.
“I think we should tell them one-by-one, instead of all at once.”
“Why, Sky?” Rainbow chuckled at her little rhyme.
“You’re not Zecora, calm down. I just think it would be easier.”
“I dunno. I just want to get it out, not leave someone with the information and risk having someone left out.”
“Good point. Can we at least tell AJ alone? I just want to gauge her reaction.”
“Alright, fine.”
They changed their course for Sweet Apple Acres.
“So, why AJ?”
“Well, if she is the Element of Honesty, we’ll be able to tell if she is lying about how she feels about this whole... ‘us’ thing.”
“She’ll be fine.”
“We’ll see.”

They flew on for a few minutes, and touched down on the outside of Sweet Apple Acres. They hugged for a moment, and Sky gave Rainbow a kiss on the cheek.
“I’m so happy you feel the same about me.”
“Of course I do. You’re almost as cool as me. Almost. And I’ve never faced a pegasus that could keep up with me like that.”
“Oh, come on. You barely broke a sweat!”
They headed for the farmhouse.
“Just because I didn’t sweat then doesn’t mean I didn’t at all. Once you get as athletic as me, you learn to control those things. But you can’t make them go away. When I got home I sweated like crazy.”
“You don’t have to lie to me. I’ll never be as fast as you.”
“I’m not lying! And, you have a point.”
They walked along happily towards the farmhouse, when they heard shouting.
“SKY! SKY! WHERE ARE YOU? Damn!”
“AJ! I’m fine, I just went to see Rainbow!” The feeling of relief swept off of AJ like a tidal wave.
“Thank Celestia! Ah woke up, and you were gone, and Ah just worried that you had had another nightmare and...” AJ trailed off as she saw how close Sky and ‘Dash were standing next to each other. She blinked.
“Wh-what?”
“I woke up and I made a decision to tell Rainbow Dash how I felt about her.”
“Wow! You actually did it! When you told me...Ah... Um...” She stopped talking when she saw the look on Rainbow’s face.
“What? You told AJ before you told me? Why?”
“She forced it out of me! She just kept asking what I was hiding, and I just... I just snapped.”
“Rainbow, Ah didn’t know that was what she was hidin’, Ah swear! Ah just kept pushing... And, like she said, she just snapped.” Rainbow shrugged.
“Alright, I believe you. Just tell me earlier next time... If there is another situation like this.”
“Thank you for believing me. Anyway, yes, Applejack, I told Rainbow how I feel, and she feels the same way. We... We are... We’re together! And my mind feels so clear now. I love Rainbow, and she knows it.”
“Same here. Like I said before, let’s just stop all of this sappy stuff and hear what AJ has to say, okay?”
Applejack just looked at them for a second, then she smiled hugely.
“Well, that’s just great! And to think, yesterday, you thought you were evil, Sky! Does this prove you wrong?”
“You know what? It does. I don’t care what I was before my amnesia, whether self-inflicted or not, this is who I am now, and I don’t care what Chrysalis says!”
They all smiled, and decided to eat some breakfast. As Applejack made some apple oatmeal, Sky remembered something.
“Last night, when I was washing your hoof, were you blushing Rainbow?”
“Um... Yeah. It just felt so weird, having you touch my hoof like that. Now I know why it felt so strange.” Sky nodded, and they ate their oatmeal while conversing happily about anything they could think of. When they had finished, Rainbow and Sky told AJ to meet her at Twilight’s library. Then the new couple split up to go and get the others, so they could tell them all what had come of such a long night. As Sky flew, she felt her heart soaring even higher. But this feeling stopped when she realised the sun was still down.
It has to be at least 6:30, why hasn’t Celestia raised the sun? I guess even princesses have to sleep in. Sky just kept flying toward Sugarcube corner, hoping Pinkie would be awake. She saw a light on in one of the second floor windows, and headed straight for that. She slowed to a stop, and hovered in front of the window, tapping it lightly. In an instant, they had burst open, and Sky saw the familiar bouncy pink mane, and the equally bouncy pony, with a big smile on her face.
“Hiya Sky! Why are you up so early? Ohh! Do you wanna have a party? Just let me get my party cannon and we’ll go!”
“Wait! Pinkie Pie, I just wanted to tell you to meet me at Twi’s Library!”
“Okie Dokie Loki! I’ll see you there!”
Sky flew away, glad that she had dodged seeing what the ‘Party Cannon’ was, while hoping Pinkie wouldn’t have it with her when she arrived. She set a course for Rarity’s boutique and was there in a matter of seconds. She touched down on the soft road and ran to the Boutique’s door.
“Rarity! Rarity! Are you up?” She heard some groggy hoofsteps approaching the door, and it opened slowly.
“Oh, hello Sky. May I ask why you are bothering me at such an ungodly hour? I was getting my beauty sleep!” She yawned loudly to emphasize the point.
Sky decided flattery would probably help.
“Come on, a pony like you needing beauty sleep? You’re beautiful enough as it is!”
Rarity looked pleased when she smiled, all traces of tiredness gone.
“Why, Sky, such an obvious attempt at flattery must mean you require my presence somewhere, correct?” Sky, wishing to end this and meet ‘Dash at Twilight’s library, just sighed.
“Yes, I require your presence Rarity.”
“Well, I would be happy to meet you...?”
“At Twilight’s library. I have some special news.”
“Very well. Just allow me to ready myself before I leave.”
“Fine, see you at Twilight’s library in five minutes.”
“Five minutes? Do you think I just wave my horn about and I end up looking like I do each day? I will require at least an hour to ready mysel--”
“Five. Minutes. This is important. Really important.”
“Fine, if I absolutely must.”
Sky flew off, just happy that she didn’t have to try anything on. It was bad enough Rarity had tried to measure her during her welcome party. Sky just kept flying, happy that soon everypony would know.