• Published 5th Aug 2017
  • 24,979 Views, 285 Comments

A Guide to Herd Dynamics - Ruddy Quill



Wanna know the first rule to successful polyamory? Sharing is caring! That's what your six marefriends say, at least. And considering the lengths they went through to drag you into this relationship, you can’t really argue.

Comments ( 74 )

would a small 3k word chapter be to much to ask for cause good lord theses chapters are getting ridiculously long

8469850
Obviously you haven't read any of Wintermist's works.
13,000 15,000 17,000 20,000 words? No problem.

8469976
not gonna even touch that

Hmm, dare we hope AJ will be the most normal date?

Just what evolutionary choices were made to give birth to a tentacle plant-beast? Japan would be so proud. And perverts. Alllll the perverts.

I've seen enough henti to know where this is going xD

One of these days (or chapters), Twilight is going to get called out for basically dumping this on him without proper consent.

8469850

This is a site where we enjoy reading. We come here to read. The more words that are strung together appropriately without overdoing it, the better.

Toss me the 40-50k chapters any day. All day. Three times a day.

8470124

He's consented to these dates. At any time he is capable of saying no, and there is no talk of reprisal for not wanting to be part of the 'experiment'. He even has an idea of what's going on now, and someone less mentally lazy would have picked up on it from the first date alone. By the time these dates are over, he will be agreeing with with the herding plan - obviously, because we've seen him in the middle being with his herd.

Rarity And Rainbow Dash chapters have spark an idea in my head for maybe a future chapter.
Rarity made some lewd clothing for the MC ( a.k.a thongs etc.) and Rainbow was really making some remarks on the MC's ass so PLEASE hear me out.

Maybe in a Later chapter down the road its one of the Girls Birthday ( you choose ) and he decides to give them a little dance if you know what I mean :ajsmug: I mean he has the clothing, just missing the bow or something else

if the guy is into that

I think this Anon might have some fun watching Zephyr Breeze hit on Rainbow Dash.

For one, Rainbow doesn't need protecting. She can do that on her own. He knows that. It's still hilarious in how awkward it is.

Then, he likes teasing her himself. The situation with Zephyr isn't anything serious, even a blind person can see that.

And lastly, even talking to Zephyr for a little bit should make it clear to him that the Pegasus is putting up a front. Zephyr is still a Shy, and one with crippling insecurities at that. Anon, after realising this, could take Zephyr Breeze aside and explain to him that he has no chance with Rainbow. That he should, in fact, be open to somepony else. There likely is a mare right for him, but her name's not Rainbow Dash.

Maybe Fluttershy's weird stoner friend? Hippy and hipster, the perfect match.

Least favorite pony or not, you nailed Rainbow just right. What else was she going to do? Take him for a walk? :rainbowlaugh:

“C’mon, big guy wake up! Buck, didn't mean to hit him too hard. Girls are going to kill me. Now he’s never going to herd with us. Oh ponyfeathers, why’d I have to buck everything up! Calm down, sister, just… Ugh, wake up!”

I dunno why, but I decided to translate this. I also noticed that ponyfeathers is cut off as "ethers," even though it should be "athers," since the a is second to the e.

Rainbow is my least favorite too, but you did a good job with her.

Considering you were going to actually doing exercise if Spergle’s letter was truthful (and she hadn’t exactly lied yet the conniving, autistic filly), that meant that it was down to either the pride parade or cowpone. Like Twilight would ever be seen doing anything that would make her sweat. Seriously, if she was human, she’d be the sort of pasty that would blind lesser mortals and burn to a crispy brown underneath the setting sun.

Interesting, considering I've always considered human Twilight as being one of the darker-skinned Asian ethnicities.

This. I like this story. :twilightsmile:

Just what evolutionary choices were made to give birth to a tentacle plant-beast? Japan would be so proud. And perverts. Alllll the perverts.

GIVE THIS GUY A ROUND OF APPLAUSE!!!

Comment posted by Shadowblade019 deleted Oct 14th, 2017
Comment posted by Viper Pit deleted Oct 14th, 2017

8470327
Has he consented to the entire thing in the first place?

8487735

By being informed he's going on dates, and then... going on them? Yes. Yes he has. If you're one of those people who goes 'there needs to be some form of written contractual agreement to go on a date' please, please don't respond.

8488123
She shot down any attempt for him to name any friends. Then she claimed to start this in the name of "Friendship" with an insane grin.

8488354

And? What is your point? He still went along with it. What's her 'insane grin' got to do with any issues of consent? He knew the score, go on dates with his friends. That's what he signed up for, and that's what he did. He's thick and extremely oblivious - like half on purpose, due to his personality and internet denizen conditioning. He's not mentally handicapped.

8489712
8488354
Okay, things getting a bit too heated here. Just calm down. However, both of you are also correct. The MC did agree to go on dates, but he definitely wasn't expecting the Mane 6 to go to the extents that they did. So yes, consent was given, but Twilight is getting one hell of a tongue-lashing once everything's done and over with.

Also, yes, I did make him super oblivious, but, as mentioned, this IS part of his personality. He knows things are weird but is intentionally glossing it over because it's not like he's in any danger (well, maybe getting horrifically blue-BLEEPED but that's a-ok). Also because, as shown, he doesn't really have good social skills, not to mention he's dealing with a completely different culture. He's missed a LOT of signals over time.

8490000
What was this guy's past time before Equestria?

8490000

Yes, I fully expect Twilight to be in for a dressing down for hoodwinking him. Though not as bad as she might be expecting once he gets started, due to the fact it is also to his benefit and he might not have agreed to this had he known they had actual feelings for him due to said personality and likely a goodly lacking of self-confidence in that area (also makes sense to me in that equines are in nature a matriarchal group - anthros might very well have a society where the females are expected to be the pursuers and this is just a case of culture shock). The character is easy to understand, and fun to read for his basis.

Just rubs me the wrong way when someone tries to turn something harmless into a consent issue, given the severity of a situation where consent is required being violated.

8490000

8490083
My apologies also. It rubs me the wrong way when someone says they're helping for the benefit of a person, only it turns out said person didn't even know about it, let alone willfully agree to it, like in Legend by Radiant Dawn. Although, I can see some consent now so I think we're good for the scolding.

By the way, someone said that it might be as bad as Twilight expected it to be. How bad is she expecting it?

I find it hard to believe neither Rainbow nor Twilight made an attempt to watch internet behind his back before.

"You were pretty sure you gained a new asscrack from that one stretch but… eh, could only help with your shitposting.

…Which you couldn’t do anymore!

…you made yourself sad."

I legit died with this. To good.:rainbowlaugh:

“H-hey! I’ve gone on plenty of dates before! Dozens, hundreds, gallons of dates! The stallions swarm all over me! I’m drowning in all the c-c-cock!”

Bullshit.

“You call that jogging? Tank moves faster than you!”

mypokecard.com/my/galery/v7ZfuEeohu1m.jpg

“C’mon, big g…ke up! …uck, didn… to hit him…o hard. Girls ar…ill me. Now he’s never…erd with us. Oh pony…eathers, why’d I have to… everything up! Calm down, sister, just… Ugh, wake up! ”

i.imgflip.com/1kwgj4.jpg

It was then that Rainbow fully realized just where you two were and how you were positioned – in the middle of a busy, public park with her straddling you in skimpy work-out clothes that were disheveled and half-off your bodies from the rolling around. The two of you, sweaty and ruddy from exertion, breathing heavily, so close you could taste the other’s breath. It was only helped along when a few ponies felt it appropriate to whistle and make catcalls and parents covered their children’s eyes from the depravity that assaulted their innocence.

Nice 👌

Out of nowhere, Rainbow popped up in front of you again. She wasn’t blushing nearly as hard as before but she could still give Fluttershy a run for her money, and her breathing, while steadier, was still fairly uneven and ragged. Before you could say anything, an apology or off-color joke to take the edge off the atmosphere, she snorted huffily

“Jerk.”

And then she was leaning down and pressing her lips roughly against yours - a tight-lipped and hard ambush of affection that was clumsy and awkward and warm as all hell. You didn’t even have the time to react before it was over and she had a clump of your shirt wound up in her fist, her eyes permanently affixed to the ground.

“I’ll get you next time a-and we’ll see who’s boss.”

"Big monkey baka ." Tsundere Dashie is too kawaii!

Even your dense ass was slowly putting together the puzzle pieces that was this convoluted ‘friendship’ experiment.

Oh, "dense ass" doesn't even begin to accurately assess how fucking dense you are. This is more than just a mere "friendship experiment", this is THICC PONE GURL'S method of gathering intelligence on your hyper-dense ass! C'mon man! I actually have something to convey how fucking dense you are...


...in the form of a facepalm en masse video.

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE NEXT CHAPTER?!


i.imgflip.com/wxz0u.jpg

New reader here, only just caught up, really enjoying this story so thanks for the great work.

Considering that we know how this story is going to end due to the first chapter, I half feel like I want the MC to not only give sparkles a hard time, but to also reject the first invitation to form a herd, because "Uh uh uh these were only practice dates, I now want to go on real dates before I decide" and thus doubling the length of this story :pinkiehappy: (Or finish off with a big night out group date)
But could I really be that much of an arsehole...?

Really great story😂 and good written
Can't wait for the next chapter

Well, I'm officially hooked.

-Ru

А дети хлопали в ладоши и кричали "Ещё! ещё!".
Translation:
And children clapped their hands shouting "More! more!".
This is a quote from quite old cartoon called "Boniface's holiday" (1965).
Very VERY good work with characters in this fic - just can't wait to see more :)

next chapter please

Please tell me you're going to continue this. I love this story, your writing style is amazing, really drew me in.

Hope this gets an update soon. This is great.

Great story so far! Hope you crank out more of them sooner than later!!!

8598025
yes the sooner the better

Is this story dead already?

if it is then it was going so well while it lasted

please update great story

8604892
8603125
8598938
8598025
8594323
8586926
Not dead, but sorry for making it look that way. Writer's block because what I had planned for the chapter not meshing with what I actually wrote combined with life (heavy workload in particular) striking me in the gut led to me getting VERY sidetracked. I'm gonna keep at this, but I think I'm gonna have to give the next chapter a pass for now and try writing the ones that come after. Maybe a little nonlinear writing will get me back in the groove of things. That, or I'll just write some oneshot smut to get everything flowing. While I haven't been writing, the plot bunnies have been breeding uncontrollably.

Thanks for being so excited about this fic, though! Really makes me glad that it's somewhat liked. Till my muse smacks me in the face with a wet noodle again!

8607058
no worries well at least from me I do wanna see how his date with twilight goes tho

8607058 Well at least now I know that you aren't buried 6 feet under so that's good and good to hear this story is still being worked on

8607058
Outstanding. There's a lot to love about this story, I can wait as long as needed.

when I saw where the updated chapter was it caught me off gaurd as it was the second one instead of the bottom one

:twilightangry2: WtF, where the new chapter?

8683644
Yeah, crap, thought I went back over to make sure I didn't leave crap like that behind.

Welp, looks I'm gonna be rereading to fix my stupid mistakes again

Login or register to comment