• ...
2
 133
 1,615

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #36: Figuring It Out

The prompt: “There are more things in heaven and earth … than are dreamt of in your philosophy.”

Pinkie Pie looked up at the prompt above her. She pondered it for a few moments, trying to figure out exactly what it meant. She'd seen a few of them recently that made her really think. Yesterday's in particular was a bit of a headscratcher, and she was IN the story that ended up being written. She sat, tapping a hoof to her chin, as she looked it over. How could she interpret this one? Pinkie appeared deep in thought as Twilight trotted up to her.

"Pinkie Pie?" Twilight asked. "What are you doing?" Twilight sat next to her and looked up, trying to see what Pinkie was looking at.

"I'm trying to figure out what to do with this prompt!" Pinkie said. "It's a real toughie!" Twilight tilted her head.

"Prompt?" Twilight inquired.

"Prompt!" Pinkie replied. "Don't you see it right up there at the top of the page?" Twilight blinked a few times.

"Pinkie, what in Equestria are you talking about?" Twilight asked, seeing absolutely nothing but sky above her. "What page?"

"The webpage!" Pinkie said, starting to get a bit exasperated. "It's right up at the top! Look!"

"I AM looking, Pinkie," Twilight said, shaking her head. "And I don't see what you're talking about. At all."

"Well of course you don't now," Pinkie said. "We've been talking too long and now it's probably scrolled off of the screen!" Twilight stammered a bit.

"Pinkie, I don't understand a word you're saying," Twilight responded, frustrated. Pinkie sighed heavily.

"Have you been paying attention to the stories that have been written about us in the last month or so?" Pinkie asked.

"What stories?" Twilight asked. "You're not making any sense!"

"The STORIES!" Pinkie said, jumping up in the air. "You were in a lot of them! You were in the one two days ago about you getting the letter to go off to Canterlot University but then you had to say no because Princess Celestia sent you to Ponyville to meet us and stop Nightmare Moon! And five days before that, you were in the one where you and Fluttershy were dating, and you got worried cause she wasn't talking to you so you thought she was dumping you because you studied too much, so then you finally started to talk to her and she told you that you lost the Shh contest!" Twilight just stared at Pinkie for a little bit.

"I have no clue what you're..." Twilight started to say, but she was interrupted by Pinkie going off once more.

"And you were in so many of them with me!" Pinkie said, throwing her front legs up in the air. "We went to karaoke in one about 12 days ago! And there was the one where I came up to you and I was yelling about my baking pan being gone but I was just making it up to tell a joke, and then there was the one waaaaaaaay in the beginning when you had a papercut and I had to save you! Come to think of it, there are a lot of stories with us together in them! That's probably because BabySealBurritos and DonnysBoy and Kyronea and AlexanderKrizak really like us as a couple, but AAAAANYWAY..."

"PINKIE!" Twilight shouted. "What are you talking about? I don't remember any of these things! Who are BabySealBurritos and DonnysBoy and Kyronea and AlexanderKrizak?"

"They're MODS, sillypants!" Pinkie said. She patted Twilight on the head. "You really need to get out more." Twilight brushed her hoof away.

"None of what you're saying makes any sense!" Twilight said. "I don't believe any of it!"

"Well Twilight," Pinkie said. "Remember that day when you found out about my Pinkie Sense? Just cause you don't believe in it doesn't mean it's...not...real..." Pinkie suddenly became very quiet. Twilight tilted her head and stared at Pinkie.

"...Um...Pinkie?" Twilight asked, raising a hoof and waving it in front of her face. Pinkie suddenly burst up onto her hooves.

"There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in YOUR philosophy!" Pinkie exclaimed, pointing a hoof at Twilight. "That's perfect! I get it now!!" Twilight looked more confused than ever.

"Pinkie, I..." Twilight started. She was interrupted by a pink blur speeding by her.

"Thanks Twilight!" Pinkie shouted as she ran off. "I gotta go write! I only have an hour left!"

PreviousChapters Next