• ...
2
 133
 1,616

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #12: An Illicit Affair

Prompt: A pony is trying to hide a love affair from another pony, but they’re caught in the act.

Applejack looked left. Applejack looked right. Applejack looked in absolutely every single conceivable direction for the slightest hint of anypony. She was right to be nervous; if this got out to anypony at all, it would absolutely ruin her friendships and her reputation. She was not a pony who put too much thought into what other ponies thought of her, as she believed that the ponies she cared about the most would care for and respect her no matter what she did...or at least, ALMOST no matter what she did. They would forgive some indiscretions, like refusing help in a situation where she really needed it or not managing to receive a first-place ribbon in a rodeo (Mayor Mare was still slightly disappointed at the lack of prize money, but had mostly gotten over it by now). This, however, was way, way, WAY past that level. This act that she was about to commit was just wrong. She knew exactly how wrong it was, and how her friends and family would react to it. Deep inside, she knew, and a part of her wanted so badly to stand strong and deny this behavior, call it out for its wrongness, and strike it from her plans. Try as she might, though, she just could not keep herself from the path she had chosen. The farmer was very strong-willed in most cases, but her willpower was failing her. She had to do it at this point.

And then she thought of poor Fluttershy. Fluttershy, who had devoted herself to her. Fluttershy, who trusted her implicitly, who supported her in everything she did, who smiled at her when she was down and who would give absolutely everything she owned without a second thought if it meant making Applejack happy. She thought of what would happen if her Shyshy happened upon her at this time and caught her in this diabolical act. She knew exactly how she would react, too. First would be the stunned silence, as those big blue eyes stared, unbelieving, at the sight in front of her. Then would be the quiet speaking of her name. Just loud enough to barely be heard over the gentle breeze. Then she would apologize. She would have absolutely nothing to apologize for. It would be Applejack who should be apologizing, but Fluttershy would anyway, because that was simply her way. She apologized for everything, even when she had done nothing wrong. Next would likely be the attempt at a smile, and a feeble effort to try and say that what Applejack was doing was okay. Even though she would not really feel that way, she would say it anyway. In the poor pegasus's mind, it would be the right thing to do, because in the end, all that mattered to her was that AJ was happy, no matter what it took. Then would be the first heart-shattering sniffle. It tore the farmer's heart to pieces whenever she saw Fluttershy cry, and to know that she was the cause of those tears...she couldn't even fathom the extent to which it would annihilate her. And she would deserve said annihilation as her Shyshy flew away bawling. She was making her bed by committing this deed, and she would have to lie in it, without a soft, warm yellow pegasus to snuggle up to. All of this playing through her head nearly energized the orange pony enough to pull herself away from the act of betrayal that she was about to commit. Yet still, she didn't. She knew that this made her a bad pony, to know how much this act would hurt the one she loved and still go through with it. And still, she persisted.

Applejack placed her lips on the soft, firm skin in front of her. It was sweet and moist, and the farmer was entranced by this. She ran her tongue along it, wishing to taste everything. Little thoughts of what the others would say if they knew ran through her head, but she shut them out as she went about her task. This was far too good, there was absolutely no turning back for the traitorous farmer now. Her choice was made, and she was mostly confident in the decision. Yet still, as she continued to revel in the flavor, she hoped that nopony would catch her, especially not Fluttershy. Actually, it didn't matter whether or not it was Fluttershy that caught her. Whoever did catch her would certainly inform Fluttershy of the situation. Applejack continued her actions, knowing that with this, she was throwing her relationship away. And still, she continued. It was just too wonderful, too succulent, too marvelous. Stopping was not an option.

"Um...hello?" Fluttershy whispered as she poked her head behind the barn. "Buttercup? I thought I heard you here and..."

Applejack's head whirled around. There she was. It was all over now. Nothing left but to bear the brunt of the damage that she had chosen to inflict on that beautiful, innocent pegasus.

"Is that an orange you're eating?" Fluttershy asked. Applejack simply hung her head, unable to even make eye contact with her Shyshy.

"...Yes'm..." she muttered shamefully.

"Um...can I have one?" Fluttershy asked, trotting closer. AJ looked up. Fluttershy wasn't upset. She wasn't crying. Hay, she was even smiling.

"...Ya ain't upset?" Applejack asked incredulously. The yellow pegasus tilted her head.

"Why would I be?" Fluttershy asked. Applejack got up and hugged her tightly, utterly relieved. Fluttershy responded with a quick eep, before wrapping the farmer in her hooves and wings. "Awww, I'm happy to see you too, buttercup," she said, giving AJ's cheek a nuzzle.

"...You know you should peel those first, right?" Fluttershy asked. AJ didn't respond. She just hugged, so happy that their relationship had not been ruined.

PreviousChapters Next