• Published 26th May 2017
  • 688 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 688

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 5: Eli's Duty

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured card: Koa'ki Meiru Maximus

Effect Monster Level: 8 ATK: 3000 DEF: 2500 Attribute: WIND Type: Dragon

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing from play 1 "Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru" from your hand. During each of your End Phases, destroy this card unless you send 1 "Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru" or 1 "Koa'ki Meiru" monster from your hand to the Graveyard. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can select and destroy 1 card your opponent controls.

Everyone gathered inside the theater. It was still a mess from the party the night before. Every human, pony, pokémon, and dragon (in Spike’s case) sat down in a chair.

“It looks like this saving Equestria thing is going to be harder than we thought,” began Alex.

“Saving Equestria? From what?” asked Eli nervously.

Alex explained to him about Inverz and his desire to rule over Equestria by controlling the Numbers. “Now we have these four trying to steal them away from us before we can get that chance.”

“Don’t worry,” said Twilight. “We have a guardian here who was supposed to protect Equestria in case danger would befall it.” She pointed her hoof towards Eli, eliciting looks of awe from everyone there.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” he said getting up and backing up. “I already told you that I’m not your guardian.”

“But you told me you were yourself,” rebutted Twilight.

“Well, I told you wrong. I’m not a savior. I pissed away 29 years of grueling physical training just to be told it was all for naught. Now, I’m just a worthless drafter from New York.”

“You’re not worthless,” said Applejack putting a hoof on Eli’s shoulder.

“One day, I thought I was just an ordinary farmer mare, and then when Twilight arrived, I found out I was one of the six spirits of the Elements of Harmony destined to save Equestria when danger would befall it.”

“Then why don’t you take your Elements of Harmony and save it yourself?” said Eli trying to walk away.

“The Elements of Harmony aren’t strong enough to defeat Inverz on their own, especially if he controls even one Number.” explained Twilight. “Now, we need all the help we can get, especially yours.”

“I don’t know what I can possibly do now,” said Eli sadly.

“Those Number hunters fight with their Numbers,” said Sammy approaching Eli, “but they can only wield them through Duel Monsters.”

“You mean,” said Eli looking at Alex, “that I’m going to have to learn that game that you two were playing just now?”

“Listen,” said Twilight. “You may not like it, but Inverz will return soon, and when he does, every one of us will be in danger of losing everything we hold dear. You weren’t sent to this world for no reason. Whether you like it or not, you are the guardian in the legend that you yourself spoke of, and we are begging you to help us save Equestria.”

Eli looked at the host of ponies looking onto him expectantly. Even in his moment of doubt, he was still looked highly upon by the residents there. Suddenly, Eli felt a spark of responsibility and hope that he never felt before until just now. He then grew a determined smirk on his face.

“Alright,” he said. “I’m in. If that Inverz wants to drag Equestria to Hell, he's going to have to keep me from dragging him there first.”

The ponies plus Spike all rushed him and hugged him down to the ground. They then all hopped aside as Orion pushed a large chest in front of Eli.

“What’s this?” he asked.

“If you’re going to learn to play Duel Monsters,” said Orion, “you’re going to need a deck.”

____________________________________

After looking through them all, Eli picked a Koa’ki Meiru deck as his best fit.

“Are you sure?” asked Scott approaching him. “That deck is pretty tricky to master.”

“Since when is protecting an entire world anything but?” asked Eli.

Scott was quite relieved at the positive energy that Eli was exerting now. Zelda then tossed Eli a dark navy blue D-Pad with the tablet already attached to the wrist dealer.

“You’re just giving this to me?” asked Eli.

“It’s my spare,” said Zelda, “but I never liked the color. It’s yours now, guardian.”

She tickled his chin at the last sentence, which slightly annoyed him.

“Now, you need to learn the game,” said Sammy, “and I’m going to be your teacher.”

“What about Alex?” asked Eli. “Why can’t he teach me?”

“He may be an excellent duelist,” said Sammy, “but he can’t teach worth shit. I’ll be teaching you.”

“Okay,” said Eli surprised at her feistiness.

____________________________________

The two spent the entire day going over the basics as everyone else cleaned up from the party and spent the entire afternoon learning the harder stuff.

“So, when I xyz summon,” said Eli trying to understand. “I stack the cards on top of each other?”

“Yes,” said Sammy, “like this.”

She took one of Eli’s monsters and placed it on another one of Eli’s monsters. When she did this, Eli went to grab the other card, but Sammy already stacked it on, and he ended up putting his hand on hers. Sammy noticed this immediately and pulled away.

“Okay then,” she said brushing off the failed flirt. “Let’s see you do it.”

Eli did so without problem. By nightfall, Eli was fully taught and was going to test duel Sammy the following morning. While, everyone else slept, he looked over his deck and memorized each of his new cards effects.

____________________________________

It was bright and early when everyone was up. Twilight and her friends came to the theater to watch Eli duel.

“Before we start,” said Alex, “I have laid out all of the Numbers that have been collected between Orion, Helena, and I right here on the back table in the house. We thought it would be a great idea to distribute Numbers between all of us so that if we are challenged by those agents again, any one of use will have as much of a chance to defeat them. I counted, and we have 103 Numbers. There are seventeen of us in here now, so that means that we each can have six Numbers. Me, Orion, Helena, and Zelda have already picked ours, and now, you can go and get yours.”

Each pony and human without a Number went to get them. Eli knew that most of his deck was comprised of level 4 monsters, so he resolved to find as many rank 4 Numbers as possible (plus a level 3, because his deck had a couple of those). He then reached to one that caught his eye, and as he was about to pick it up, a hand was placed on his in an attempt to get it first. He looked up and saw that the hand was Sammy’s. He then made a smug look at her.

“Whatever,” said Sammy taking her hand off, “you can have it.”

She then looked for others.

By the time everyone was done picking, there were still six Numbers on the table.

“Hey,” said Pinkie Pie. “There’s still six Numbers.”

She then leapt toward them with great energy. “Finders keepers!” she yelled.

“Hold it,” said Alex. Pinkie Pie stopped in midair and landed right back where she jumped at the confusion of everybody. “Zelda,” said Alex. “Why didn’t you pick any Numbers?”

“I already have one,” said Zelda patting her extra deck case.

“But-”

“I’ll be fine,” said Zelda firmly.

“Really.”

“Personally, I think Eli should get the last 5 Numbers,” said Twilight, “as he is the guardian and should be allowed to more access to them.”

Everyone else concurred in agreement. Eli went to the table and put the other six numbers in his extra deck case.

“Now that we’re all on even terms,” said Sammy. “It’s time to duel,” she said to Eli.

They both made their way onto the stage. Sammy unsheathed her duel disk as Eli unsheathed his.

“Cool,” giggled Eli at the first sight of it.

They then each drew five cards from their decks.

“DUEL!” they both yelled.

Eli vs. Sammy

Eli’s Turn: Eli summons Koa’ki Meiru Hydro Barrier in defense position (ATK: 1000 DEF: 1900).

Eli places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“I guess I forgot to tell you that I’m the queen of the OTK where I come from,” said Sammy. “What the hell is a OTK?” asked Eli confused. “You’re about to find out,” said Sammy smiling.

____________________________________

Sammy’s Turn: Sammy activates Painful Choice, choosing 5 cards from her deck and having Eli choose one of them. He chooses Laval Burner. Laval Burner is added to Sammy’s hand, but the other 4 are sent to the graveyard. Sammy then special summons Laval Burner from her hand, as she has 3 other Laval monsters in her graveyard (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1000). Eli activates Automatic Laser, revealing an Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru in his hand to destroy Laval Burner. Sammy then normal summons Flamvell Guard (ATK: 100 DEF: 2000). Sammy then activates Rekindling, special summoning as many FIRE monsters with 200 DEF from her graveyard, choosing Laval Magma Cannoneer (ATK: 1700 DEF: 200), Tender of the Laval Volcano (ATK: 100 DEF: 200), and Flamvell Firedog (ATK: 1900 DEF: 200).

Sammy tunes Laval Magma Cannoneer with Flamvell Guard to synchro summon Lavalval Dragon (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1100). Sammy tunes Flamvell Firedog with Tender of the Laval Volcano to synchro summon Laval Dual Slasher. When Tender of the Laval Volcano is sent from the field to the graveyard when another Laval monster exists in her graveyard, Sammy can send one Laval monster from her deck to her graveyard. Eli activates the effect of Koa’ki Meiru Hydro Barrier, sending one Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru from his hand to the top of his deck to negate the effects of all face up effect monsters on the field. Sammy attacks Koa’ki Meiru Hydro Barrier with Lavalval Dragon. Next, Sammy attacks Eli directly with Laval Dual Slasher.

Eli’s Life Points: 4000 -> 1600

Sammy ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-4000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

“Lucky bastard,” laughed Sammy.

“I have my days,” said Eli proudly. Now, he thought, let’s really get this duel rolling.

____________________________________

Eli’s Turn: Eli activates Core Compression, revealing an Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru in his hand and discarding a Koa’ki Meiru monster to draw 2 cards. Eli summons Koa’ki Meiru Speeder (ATK: 1200 DEF: 2200). Next, Eli activates Core Reinforcement, special summoning a Koa’ki Meiru monster from his graveyard, choosing Koa’ki Meiru Hydro Barrier. Eli overlays Koa’ki Meiru Hydro Barrier and Koa’ki Meiru Speeder to xyz summon Number 17: Leviathan Dragon (ATK: 2000 DEF: 0). Eli activates Number 17: Leviathan Dragon’s effect. By removing one xyz material from it, its ATK raises by 500 (ATK: 2000 -> 2500). Eli attacks Lavalval Dragon with Number 17: Leviathan Dragon.

Sammy’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3500

Eli places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-1600 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Sammy’s Turn: Sammy activates Battle Waltz, summoning a token with the same ATK, DEF, level, attribute, and type as a synchro monster on Sammy’s side of the field, choosing Laval Dual Slayer. Sammy overlays Laval Dual Slayer and the Waltz Token to xyz summon Number 61: Volcasaurus (ATK: 2500 DEF: 1000). Sammy activates Number 61: Volcasaurus’ effect. By removing one xyz material from it, Sammy can destroy one monster on the field and inflict damage equal to the monster’s original ATK, choosing Number 17: Leviathan Dragon. Eli activates Damage Diet, halving the damage.

Eli’s Life Points: 1600 -> 600

Sammy places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-3500 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“You know,” said Sammy, “for a newbie, you really know how to struggle well.”

“Like I said,” said Eli proudly, “I have my days. But today is not yours.”

____________________________________

Eli’s Turn: Eli activates Pot of Greed, drawing 2 cards. Next, Eli summons Koa’ki Meiru Urnight (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1500). Once per turn, by revealing a Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru in his hand to special summon a level 4 or lower Koa’ki Meiru monster from his deck, choosing Koa’ki Meiru War Arms (ATK: 1400 DEF: 1200). Eli overlays Koa’ki Meiru War Arms with Koa’ki Meiru Urnight to xyz summon Number 164: Crystalline Chimera (ATK: 2700 DEF: 1200).

Next, Eli activates the effect of Koa’ki Meiru Maximus from his hand, banishing an Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru from his hand to special summon it (ATK: 3000 DEF: 2500). Eli activates Number 164: Crystalline Chimera’s effect. By removing 1 xyz material from it, he can destroy all spell and trap cards on the field. Next, Eli activates the effect of Koa’ki Meiru Maximus, destroying one card on the field during the main phase, choosing Number 61: Volcasaurus. Eli attacks Sammy directly with Number 164: Crystalline Chimera.

Sammy’s Life Points: 3500 -> 800

Lastly, Eli attacks Sammy directly with Koa’ki Meiru Maximus.

Sammy’s Life Points: 800 -> 0

Eli wins.

____________________________________

“Ho…” said Alex in awe.

“Ly… said Scott in awe.

“Shit,” they both said together.

“Alight!” shouted Eli jumping into the air in celebration. “I can’t believe I won my first duel!”

Everyone else in the house cheered. He then looked a bit embarrassed seeing himself acting this way over a card game, but he got over it rather quickly.

Whatever, thought Eli, if this is a national pastime where these guys are from and it’s going to help me save the world, fuck ‘em if I’m not allowed to celebrate.

Sammy walked over to Eli.

“You dueled real good,” she said. “You’re ready.”

She then extended her hand in a handshake. He pleasantly accepted the handshake.

“I thought I heard it coming from the theater,” said a young voice.

Three young fillies ran into the theater. Everyone except Eli, Zelda, and Helena recognized them as Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo, formerly known as the Cutie Mark Crusaders. They beamed at seeing all of their human friends, especially Scott, for the first time in two years.

“Scott!” the cried running towards him. “You made it!”

Scott opened his arms wide and hugged the 3 young ponies.

“Oh, I missed you too,” said Scott.

“The registration for the EDFC is tomorrow,” said Scootaloo.

“I heard,” said Scott.

“Who are they?” asked Eli a little louder than he would have liked.

“Eli, these are my friends: Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo,” said Scott pointing to each pony as he named them.

"Hi, Eli," said the three fillies with smiles on their faces.

"Hey," said Eli. He was becoming much more comfortable being around the ponies now that he felt fully accepted by all of them.

“Are y’all planning on joining?” asked Apple Bloom.

“Of course,” said Alex.

He didn’t want them to know about the Numbers, as if they did, their overwhelming sense of heroism would have them finding some way to get Numbers and put themselves at risk when confronted by the Vegas Bureau agents.

“That’s cool,” said Sweetie Belle. “Here’s a brochure.”

Sweetie Belle then took out a small booklet from her saddlebags and handed it to Alex.

“Well, we don’t need a booklet,” said Alex. “We still know the rules from two years ago.”

Twilight stepped in. “Well, actually…”

PreviousChapters Next