• Published 26th May 2017
  • 688 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 688

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 19: Fight or Flight

Author's Note:

his chapter's featured card: Toccata, the Fierce Dragoness

Synchro Monster Level: 10 ATK: 3000 DEF: 3000 Attribute: WIND Type: Dragon

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card inflicts damage through battle, this card gains ATK equal to the damage inflicted. If you would take damage from a card effect, reduce this card's ATK to 3000, negate the damage, and draw 1 card for every 1000 ATK reduced by this effect. This card's ATK must be over 3000 to activate this effect.

Cont. from Alex and Eli vs. Flim and Flam

Alex’s Turn: Alex activates his trap Xyz Reborn, special summoning Number 132: Platinum Scales Wyvern and attaching Xyz Reborn as Xyz Material (ATK: 2400 DEF: 2000). Flam attempts to activate Chaos Trap Hole, paying 2000 life points to negate Number 132: Platinum Scales Wyvern and remove it from play, but Eli activates Iron Core Luster, negating Chaos Trap Hole by revealing an Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru in his hand and destroying it. Alex then attacks Flim and Flam directly.

Flim and Flam’s Life Points: 1700 -> 0

Alex and Eli win.


Since their last encounter with Orion and Helena, the Flim Flam brothers were strictly prohibited from using the spell that would take Numbers from their opponents for fear of losing their own. After losing again, it was a good idea that they didn’t. The two brothers high-tailed and ran from the two.

“And don’t let me see you’re ragtimey asses again, or the stock market won’t be then only thing going belly up!” yelled Eli.

“What the hell does that mean?” asked Alex.

“Long story.”

“I got time.”

____________________________________

Eli had just finished explaining the 1929 stock market crash to Alex. Being from different worlds, 1929 in the pokémon and the years after that were actually very prosperous, so Eli’s explanation seemed to help illustrate a frame of reference. Even so, Alex enjoyed learning about Eli’s world and vice versa.

“Even today, our stock market is totally fucked,” continued Eli. “People being thrown out of their homes and being put out of jobs while the fat cats on Wall Street get richer. Total bullshit, I know.”

“That’s awful,” commented Alex. “Soon, I’m going to be one of those people. I mean, my “trip” here is going to keep me from work, so I’ll probably be fired, so now I have no job. No job means no money for rent. No rent means I get evicted from my apartment. No apartment means I’m about as fucked as a three-dollar whore.”

“You know, for a 41 year old, you certainly don’t talk like one.”

“Meh, I guess I just roll with the changes.”

As they walked down Whitetail Wood, the leaves were just changing color and it would only be a week or two before the famed Running of the Leaves. Suddenly they heard shouting from the distance. They saw Rainbow Dash and Gilda fighting two unfamiliar folk. One was a minotaur with a dark blue coat and a black mane styled into a crew cut. The other was a pegasus with a golden colored coat and a mane and tail with a greyscale rainbow. She had a compass rose for a cutie mark and wore an olive green polo.

“Hey, isn’t that the broad from those books that I see Rainbow Dash reading all the time?” asked Eli.

“Ssshhh!” hissed Alex. “I’m watching.”

Cont. from Rainbow Dash and Gilda vs. Daring Do and Iron Will

Daring Do’s Turn: Daring Do activates Chronomaly Crystal Bones from her hand, special summoning it from her hands when she controls no monsters (ATK: 1300 DEF: 400). When Chronomaly Crystal Bones is summoned this way, Daring Do can special summon an Chronomaly Monster from her graveyard, choosing Chronomaly Mayan Machine (ATK: 1500 DEF: 700). Daring Do overlays Chronomaly Crystal Bone and Chronomaly Mayan Machine to xyz summon Chronomaly Crystal Chrononaut (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1000). Daring Do then activates the continuous spell Chronomaly Pyramid Eye Tablet, having all Chronomaly monsters gain 800 ATK (ATK: 2100 -> 2900). Daring Do attacks Rainbow Dash’s Daigusto Eguls (ATK: 2600 DEF: 1800).

Rainbow Dash and Gilda’s Life Points: 1900 -> 1600

Daring Do places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-1500 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Gilda’s Turn: Gilda activates the effect of Ally of Justice Cosmic Gateway from her hand, special summoning it when her opponent controls two or more monsters including a LIGHT monster (Daring Do’s Chronomaly Crystal Chrononaut, and Iron Will’s Heroic Challenger Spartas (ATK: 1600 DEF: 1000))(ATK: 2400 DEF: 1200). Next, she normal summons Ally of Justice Tractor (ATK: 0 DEF: 0). Gilda then activates Level Returner, reducing her Ally of Justice Cyclone Creator’s level by 2 (Lvl.: 3 -> 1) (ATK: 1400 DEF: 1200).

Gilda tunes Ally of Justice Cosmic Gateway and Ally of Justice Tractor with Ally of Justice Cyclone Creator to synchro summon Ally of Justice Decisive Armor (ATK: 3300 DEF: 3300). Gilda activates Ally of Justice Decisive Armor’s effect. By discarding one card, she can destroy all spell and trap cards her opponent controls (ATK: 2900 -> 2100). Gilda attacks Chronomaly Crystal Chrononaut. Daring Do activates Chronomaly Crystal Chrononaut’s effect. By detaching one xyz material from it when it’s targeted for an attack, it can’t be destroyed by battle or card effects and any battle damage is inflicted onto the opponent instead.

Rainbow Dash and Gilda’s Life Points: 1600 -> 400

Gilda places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-400 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Iron Will’s Turn: Iron Will summons Gearfried the Iron Knight (ATK: 1800 DEF: 1600). Iron Will overlays Heroic Challenger Spartas and Gearfried the Iron Knight to xyz summon Heroic Champion Excalibur (ATK: 2000 DEF: 2000). Iron Will activates Heroic Champion Excalibur’s effect. By detaching 2 xyz materials from it, Heroic Champion Excalibur’s ATK is doubled until his opponent’s next end phase (ATK: 2000 -> 4000). Iron Will attacks Ally of Justice Decisive Armor, but Gilda activates Iron Resolve, halving her life points to negate the battle damage.

Rainbow Dash and Gilda’s Life Points: 400 -> 200

Iron Will ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-1500 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

Rainbow Dash’s Turn: Rainbow Dash activates Blessings for Gusto, sending 2 Gusto cards from her graveyard to her deck and special summoning one from her graveyard, choosing Daigusto Sphreeze (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1300). Rainbow Dash attacks Heroic Champion Excalibur. With Daigusto Sphreeze’s effect, any battle damage that would be inflicted to Rainbow Dash during a battle with a Gusto monster that she controls is inflicted onto her opponent instead.

Daring Do and Iron Will’s Life Points: 1500 -> 0

Rainbow Dash and Gilda win.


Rainbow Dash was giddy upon meeting and defeating her literary idol Daring Do. Daring Do penned all of the acclaimed books that chronicled her true adventures as a professional treasure hunter. Now, having been through far too much peril and near death in her life, she decided to settle down and pursue her other dream job: an author. Having heard of the craze of Duel Monsters over the last couple of years, she decided to join in with a deck constructed to remind her of her fond days as the adventurous character in her books that she used to be.

Before shaking hands, Rainbow Dash pulled out two of her own copies of Daring Do and the Sapphire Stone and Daring Do and the Griffon’s Goblet from a pair of saddle bags that she had with her. Daring Do graciously signed the books with a thin marker that she pulled out of her polo pocket. Alex then started applauding the end of their duel, alerting the four creatures to Alex and Eli’s presence.

“Alex!” she cried, completely forgetting her signed books.

Alex got a warm hug from Rainbow Dash, who then began ushering him and Eli to her idol.

“Daring, this is Alex and Eli, my friends.”

“Yes, I’ve heard much about you,” said Daring Do, having Alex shake her hoof with his hand. “Rainbow kept telling me that you’re quite the duelist.”

“Well, you heard right,” said Alex with a slight hint of pride.

The minotaur then butted in between them to introduce himself. “Iron Will: Assertiveness self-help guru.” He then grabbed Alex’s hand and shook it.

“Excuse me,” said Alex pulling away, offended. “I was busy talking to Daring, now please wait your turn.”

“Oh, that’s a good one,” Iron Will said to himself while he scribbled down something on a notepad.

“So, what’s his problem?” asked Alex.

“Yeah, the line between assertive and flat out rude for him is a rather thin one,” rationalized Daring Do.

Rainbow Dash had finished putting the books that she had dropped back in her bag when she flew to Alex’s side, wrapping her arm around his neck.

“Come on, Alex. I’ve been waiting forever to fly with you again.”

“I guess it’s that time,” said Alex.

“Yep,” said Daring Do. “I guess so.”

____________________________________

Alex had finished catching up on things with Gilda before he and Rainbow Dash made their way to the starting line for their riding relay match. Alex summoned Zephyr, his Salamence from his Poké Ball, mounting him and readying his duel disk. Daring Do and Iron Will, who stayed to watch, were amazed at Zephyr’s appearance, having never seen anything like it before. Alex and Rainbow Dash both activated Speed World 2, enveloping the area in a holographic aura. The countdown began.

10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5.

Rainbow Dash was very excited. Having waited two years for another fly with her friend, she was about to get her wish in just mere seconds. Alex merely awaited the countdown’s end stoically.

4. 3. 2. 1.

*BEEP*

They both took off towards an oddly shaped cloud. Normally, Rainbow Dash would have easily passed them, but Zephyr was trained. They were actually neck and neck with each other. Alex wanted to conserve his steed’s energy for the rest of the duel, so he slowed down and let Rainbow touch the cloud and allowed her the first turn. They both drew five cards from their decks.

“DUEL!” they both yelled.

Rainbow Dash and Gilda vs. Alex and Eli

Round 1: Rainbow Dash vs. Alex

Rainbow Dash’s Turn: RD:1 A:0 Rainbow Dash summons one monster face down.

Rainbow Dash places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Alex’s Turn: RD:1 A:1 Alex summons Hieratic Dragon of Nuit (ATK: 1700 DEF: 900). Alex attacks Rainbow Dash’s face down monster, which was a Gusto Squirro (ATK: 0 DEF: 1800). Gusto Squirro’s DEF is higher than Hieratic Dragon of Nuit’s ATK.

Alex’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3900

Alex places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-3900 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“Woops,” said Alex. “It’s been I while since I’ve dueled you; I completely forgot about that monster. It seems I have some catching up to do.”

“Well, you have one turn to do it,” said Rainbow Dash. “Because I’m going to see to it that your next turn is your last.”

Can she really summon it that quickly? thought Alex.

____________________________________

Rainbow Dash: RD:2 A:2 Rainbow Dash activates Count Up, discarding a number of cards in her hand and increasing her life points by 2 for each card discarded. She discards 3 cards (3 x 2 = 6, SpC.: 2 -> 8). When Gusto Grif is discarded, Rainbow Dash can special summon one Gusto monster from her deck, choosing Musto, Priest of Gusto (ATK: 1800 DEF: 900). Rainbow Dash tunes Musto, Priest of Gusto with Gusto Squirro to synchro summon Daigusto Grif (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1300). Rainbow Dash activates Daigusto Grif’s effect. By removing 8 speed counters (SpC.: 8 -> 0), she can remove from play materials from her graveyard that are listed on a WIND synchro monster in her extra deck and special summon it (this is counted as a synchro summon), removing Musto, Priest of Gusto and Gusto Squirro in her graveyard from play to special summon Daigusto Sphreeze (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1300).

When Daigusto Sphreeze is synchro summoned, Rainbow Dash can add a Gusto monster from her graveyard to her hand, choosing Gusto Grif. Rainbow Dash tunes Daigusto Sphreeze with Daigusto Grif to accel synchro summon Sonic Rainboom Phoenix (ATK: 3300 DEF: 2500). Next, Rainbow Dash activates Blessings for Gusto, sending 2 Gusto monsters from her graveyard to her deck to special summon another Gusto monster from her graveyard, choosing Daigusto Sphreeze. Rainbow Dash attacks Hieratic Dragon of Nuit with Daigusto Sphreeze. Alex attempts to activate Negate Attack, but Rainbow Dash activates Trap Jammer, negating and destroying Negate Attack. The attack goes through.

Alex’s Life Points: 3900 -> 3600

Rainbow Dash attacks Alex directly with Sonic Rainboom Phoenix.

Alex’s Life Points: 3600 -> 300

Rainbow Dash ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-4000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

“Amazing,” said Alex. “Sonic Rainboom Phoenix on the second turn. I should have expected nothing less than the great Rainbow Dash.”

Rainbow Dash blushed a little at Alex’s compliment.

Alex then grew a slight smirk. “But don’t think that I waited two years to fly with you again just to have two turns.”

____________________________________

Alex’s Turn: RD:1 A:3 Alex activates the speed spell Angel Baton, drawing 2 cards and discarding 1. Alex then special summons Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit as he doesn't control a monster while his opponent does (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1400). Alex then normal summons Dragunity Partisan (ATK: 1200 DEF: 800). With Dragunity Partisan’s effect, Alex can special summon one Dragunity monster from his hand and equip it with Dragunity Partisan, choosing Dragunity Dux (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1000). When Dragunty Partisan is equipped to a monster, it is treated as a tuner. Alex tunes Hieratic Dragon of Nuit with Dragunity Dux to synchro summon Toccata, the Fierce Dragoness (ATK: 3000 DEF: 3000).

Alex places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-300 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

Rainbow Dash seemed a bit surprised. Not only did he summon a monster that she had never seen before, but he didn’t even attack her. Not that he really had much of a choice.

____________________________________

Rainbow Dash’s Turn: RD:2 A:4 Rainbow Dash attacks Toccata, the Fierce Dragoness with Sonic Rainboom Phoenix, but Alex activates Draining Shield, negating the attack and gaining life points equal to the attacking monster.

Alex’s Life Points: 300 -> 3600

Rainbow Dash then attacks Toccata, the Fierce Dragoness with Daigusto Sphreeze. Because of Daigusto Sphreeze’s effect, it can’t be destroyed by battle and any battle damage Rainbow Dash would receive from a battle involving a Gusto monster she controls would be redirected at her opponent.

Alex’s Life Points: 3600 -> 2600

When Toccata, the Fierce Dragoness inflicts damage through battle, it gains ATK equal to the damage inflicted (ATK: 3000 -> 4000).

Rainbow Dash ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-4000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

“Alright, that’s the Alex I know and love,” cheered Rainbow Dash.

“Like I said,” said Alex, “I waited too long for a flight with you just for it to last only a few minutes.”

“Then bring your all, because I’m still here.”

Meanwhile, down below, Eli, Daring Do, and Iron Will were watching Alex’s duel with high tension.

“Rainbow told me a lot about that guy,” said Daring Do. “I guess it’s not until you see him in action that you see how good of a duelist he is.”

“Oh yeah,” said Eli casually while eating an apple. “Just wait, he’s still got a lot more gas to burn.”

____________________________________

Alex’s Turn: RD:3 A:5 Alex attacks Sonic Rainboom Phoenix with Toccata, the Fierce Dragoness.

Rainbow Dash’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3300

Alex places 1 card face down. During the end phase, when Sonic Rainboom Phoenix was destroyed by one of Alex’s cards, Rainbow Dash can remove a WIND synchro monster from play to special summon Sonic Rainboom Phoenix from the graveyard and inflict damage equal to half of the removed synchro monster’s ATK. Alex activates the effect of Toccata, the Fierce Dragoness. By returning its ATK to normal (ATK: 4000 -> 3000), Alex can negate any effect damage done to him and draw 1 card for each 1000 ATK reduced by this effect (1).

Alex ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-2600 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“Mmmm,” growled Rainbow Dash. “Tricky.”

“By the way I just realized,” said Alex, “now that you have Daigusto Sphreeze on your field, you have no more synchro monsters in your graveyard. You better be very careful protecting your phoenix now.”

Darn it, thought Rainbow Dash, he’s right. I completely forgot about that. But, it’s a good thing I have a tuner in my hand. This duel is still far from over.

____________________________________

Rainbow Dash’s Turn: RD:4 A:6 Rainbow Dash summons Gusto Egul (ATK: 200 DEF: 400). Rainbow Dash tunes Daigusto Sphreeze and Gusto Egul to synchro summon Daigusto Eguls (ATK: 2600 DEF: 1800). Rainbow Dash attacks Toccata, the Fierce Dragoness with Sonic Rainboom Phoenix.

Alex’s Life Points: 2600 -> 2300

Alex activates Card of Last Will, drawing 5 cards when a monster of his is destroyed. Rainbow Dash attacks Alex directly with Daigusto Eguls, but Alex activates The High Priestess’ Staff from his hand, negating the attack, ending the battle phase, and inflicting 500 points of damage.

Rainbow Dash’s Life Points: 3300 -> 2800

Rainbow Dash places one card face down. During her end phase, Rainbow Dash can banish one WIND monster in her graveyard to destroy one set card on the field, choosing Alex’s face down card.

Rainbow Dash ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-2800 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

Alex’s Turn: RD:5 A:7 Alex activates the speed spell Summon Speeder, special summoning a level 4 or lower monster from his hand, choosing Hieratic Dragon of Gebeb (ATK: 1800 DEF: 400). Next, Alex normal summons Dragunity Aklys (ATK: 1000 DEF: 800). With Dragunity Aklys’ effect, Alex can special summon one Dragunity monster from his hand and equip it with Dragunity Aklys, choosing Dragunity Militum (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1200).

Once per turn, Dragunity Militum can special summon a Dragunity monster from the spell and trap card zone, choosing Dragunity Aklys. Alex tunes Dragunity Militum and Hieratic Dragon of Gebeb with Dragunity Aklys to synchro summon Vergil, the Griffin Warlock (ATK: 2800 DEF: 3200). Alex then activates the speed spell Speed Energy, increasing Vergil, the Griffin Warlock’s ATK by 200 for each speed counter he has (200 x 7 = 1400, ATK: 2800 -> 4200). Alex attacks Daigusto Eguls.

Rainbow Dash’s Life Points: 2800 -> 1200

Alex activates Vergil, the Griffin Warlock’s effect. By paying 1000 life points, Alex can set a spell or trap card on his field from the graveyard.

Alex’s Life Points: 2300 -> 1300

Alex places 1 card face down and ends his turn. Vergil, the Griffin Warlock’s ATK returns to normal (ATK: 4200 -> 2800).

Status: Hand-0 Life-1300 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“Wow,” commented Iron Will. “That guy really knows how to turn a situation around. Perhaps I could find a way to work it in my seminar.”

He began scribbling into his notepad again. Daring Do just rolled her eyes.

Looks like I’m in a tough spot, thought Rainbow Dash. But if I draw the right card, I’m sure to win!

____________________________________

Rainbow Dash’s Turn: RD:6 A:8 Rainbow Dash activates her Angel Baton, drawing 2 cards and discarding 1. When Gusto Grif is discarded, Rainbow Dash can special summon 1 Gusto monster from from her deck, choosing Windaar, Sage of Gusto (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1000). Rainbow Dash attacks Vergil, the Griffin Warlock with Sonic Rainboom Phoenix.

Alex’s Life Points: 1300 -> 800

Rainbow Dash then attacks Alex directly with Windaar, Sage of Gusto, but Alex activates Immortal Dragon, special summoning Toccata, the Fierce Dragoness from his graveyard. Rainbow Dash halts her attack. Rainbow Dash activates Speed World 2’s effect. By removing 4 speed counters (SpC.: 6 -> 2), she can inflict 800 points of damage for each speed spell in her hand. She has one. Alex activates his trap Barrel Behind the Door, inflicting the effect damage onto Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash’s Life Points: 1200 -> 400

Rainbow Dash ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-400 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Rainbow Dash was getting incrementally more excited.

Alex could only draw one more card (perhaps two if he chose to activate Speed World 2’s second effect), that would or would not decide the duel.

“Last draw?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“Last draw,” confirmed Alex. “And before I draw, there’s something I want to tell you.”

“Yeah?”

“No matter how this all turns out now, I just want to say that I had a lot of fun flying with you.”

Rainbow Dash teared up a little and gave a slight nod. However, upon recognition of her crying, she shook her head and got back into her serious demeanor.

“Just make your move already.”

Alex giggled just a bit. He then concentrated his energy and drew his final card.

____________________________________

Alex’s Turn: RD:3 A:9 Alex activates the speed spell Shift Down, removing 6 speed counters (SpC.: 9 -> 3) to draw 2 cards. Alex summons Dragunity Tribus (ATK: 500 DEF: 300). Next, Alex activates the speed spell High Speed Crash, destroying Dragunity Tribus to destroy Rainbow Dash’s face down card. Alex attacks Windaar, Sage of Gusto with Toccata, the Fierce Dragoness.

Rainbow Dash’s Life Points: 400 -> 0

Alex wins the round. It is now the end phase, and effects can still resolve. Toccata, the Fierce Dragoness gains ATK equal to the battle damage it inflicted (ATK: 3000 -> 3800).

Status: Hand-0 Life-800 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

Gilda will switch with Rainbow Dash, who will pass Sonic Rainboom Phoenix on to her.

____________________________________

Rainbow lost, but she was less than upset about it. She gave her card to Gilda and watched her fly off.

“That was great,” said Daring Do to the now grounded Rainbow Dash.

“Thanks,” she replied. “That really means a lot coming from you.”

Eli gave Rainbow Dash a fist pound and watched the rest of the duel transpire.

Round 2: Gilda vs. Alex

Gilda’s Turn: G:4 A:4 Gilda summons Ally of Justice Ally of Justice Quarantine (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1200). Next, Gilda activates her speed spell Lightning Rod, destroying Ally of Justice Quarantine. When a monster is destroyed by card effect, Gilda can special summon Meklord Emperor Skiel from her hand. (ATK: 2200 DEF: 2200). Gilda activates Meklord Emperor Skiel’s effect. Once per turn, she can equip one synchro monster her opponent controls onto it and it gains ATK equal to the synchro monster’s ATK, choosing Toccata, the Fierce Dragoness (ATK: 2200 -> 6000). Gilda places 1 card face down. Gilda attacks Alex directly.

Alex’s Life Points: 800 -> 0

Gilda wins the round.

Status: Hand-2 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Eli will switch with Alex, who will pass nothing on to him.

____________________________________

Eli realized something.

“Wait, how am I supposed to get up there?”

Suddenly a white stream of energy came from his belt, turning into his Pidgeot.

“Oh yeah,” said Eli to himself.

The Pidgeot wasted no time in picking Eli up by its talons and flying off with him.

“OH MY GOD!” screamed Eli in surprise as he was carried away.

Alex just flew down in time to see it. Both he and Rainbow Dash looked at each other and began laughing hysterically.

Once Eli was over his shock, the pidgeot caught up to Gilda.

“Well, this is it dude,” said Gilda. “I hope you’re ready for a long, epic final round.”

“Nope,” said Eli. “It certainly won’t be that long, but it’s sure as hell going to be epic.”

____________________________________

Final Round: Eli vs. Gilda

Eli’s Turn: E:5 G:5 Eli activates the effect of Koa’ki Meiru Maximus from his hand, removing 1 Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru in his hand from play to special summon it (ATK: 3000 DEF: 2500). Next, Eli normal summons Koa’ki Meiru Doom (ATK: 1700 DEF: 800). Eli activates his High Speed Crash, destroying Koa’ki Meiru Doom to destroy Gilda’s face down trap. Next, Eli activates Koa’ki Meiru Maximus’ effect. Once per turn, he can destroy one card on the field choosing Meklord Emperor Skiel. Eli then activates the speed spell Synchro Defuse, taking control of Sonic Rainboom Phoenix. Finally, Eli activates his speed spell Silver Contrails, increasing Koa’ki Meiru Maximus’ ATK by 1000 (ATK: 3000 -> 4000). Eli attacks Gilda directly.

Gilda’s Life Points: 4000 -> 0

Eli wins the round.

Alex and Eli win the match.

____________________________________

"I don't understand," said Gilda to Eli. "You could have attacked me with both of those monsters."

"Meh," said Eli with a shrug. "I find attacking with someone else's monsters to be below me."

As both Eli and Gilda made their way towards their partners, Daring Do and Iron Will applauded for the wonder display of prowess by both teams.

“Once again,” said Rainbow Dash, “thanks for the duel. I really needed that.”

“Anytime,” responded Alex.

They hugged once again.

“Hey, Alex?” interrupted Eli.

“Yeah?”

“While you were dueling Rainbow, I kind of promised Daring Do and Iron Will that we’d duel them.”

“Okay?”

“So… duel? Now?”

“Right.”

Alex shook Gilda’s hand quickly as Alex and Eli were getting into position to duel their two next opponents.

“Good luck,” called Rainbow Dash from the sidelines.

Alex pointed to Rainbow Dash with his index and middle fingers close together. Alex, Eli, Daring Do, and Iron Will unsheathed their duel disks and drew five cards from their decks.

“DUEL!” they all yelled.

PreviousChapters Next