• Published 26th May 2017
  • 688 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 688

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 34: Sic Semper Tyrannis

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured card: Chronomaly Aztec Mask Golem

Effect Monster Level: 4 ATK: 1500 DEF: 1000 Attribute: EARTH Type: Rock

During your turn, if you have activated a Spell Card previously this turn, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).

Orion and Helena stood at the wooden gate to await Chase and Diana, their upcoming opponents. It was going to be back to back duels, so the pace and pressure of trying to save Equestria from Vegas would be very high.

“Now, we have our next quarterfinal match,” said the announcer. Orion held Helena’s hand. “We have the other half of the team that won the EFDC two years ago, plus his feisty young mademoiselle, Orion and Helena!”

Orion and Helena walked into the arena with hands held. They then lifted their held hands into the air, eliciting more cheers from the crowd.

“And their competitors, the self-titled Mr. King and Ms. Queen, Chase and Diana!”

The crowd was very well aware of the things they’ve done during the preliminaries, and they met them with boos. Diana simply waved to the crowd, while Chase wiggled his middle fingers at various audience members.

“Oh, how rude!” cried Rarity.

“Ignore them,” said Braeburn. “Come on, we have to get ready. We’re next after them.”

“Oh right. Bye darlings!”

Her friends waved her goodbye as Rarity and Braeburn went to their room to prepare.

____________________________________

Orion and Helena and Chase and Diana met in the middle of the coliseum. The four-spaced circle appeared in the sky, and the light spun around the circle. The light finally landed on the space marked SR. Standard Relay.

“These two teams will duel in standard relay mode. Teams, pick your first duelist to start the match. Good luck to both teams!”

Helena decided to go first, knowing that she was going against Diana first. She was also fully aware that she wasn’t quite the duelist that Orion was, and it’s always a good strategy to have your strongest duelist go last. Orion and Helena begrudgingly shook hands with Chase and Diana. As soon as Chase and Diana grabbed hold of their opponents hands, they activated their duel anchors as they wrapped around Orion and Helena’s wrists, the handshake concealing for the most part. Orion and Helena looked at Chase and Orion in shock.

“Now we hunt,” said Chase with a wink.

The beams disappeared before both teams walked away to give themselves space. Helena’s gauntlet appeared on her arm as the orange and silver pod’s feather zones unfurled away, putting it in its duel mode. Diana activated her duel disk, and they both drew five cards from their decks.

“DUEL!” they both yelled.

Helena and Orion vs. Diana and Chase

Round 1: Helena vs. Diana

Helena’s Turn: Helena activates Polymerization, sending Photon Kaiser and Photon Leo from her hand to the graveyard to fusion summon Twin Photon Lizard (ATK: 2400 DEF: 1000).

Helena places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

After her match last night with Alex and Eli, she knew that she dueled better with a strictly Amazoness deck. If she was going to stand a chance against a duelist like Helena, she’d have to be in her best shape possible.

____________________________________

Diana’s Turn: Diana summons Amazoness Fighter (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1300). Diana equips Amazoness Fighter with Amazoness Heirloom.

Diana places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

Diana remembered a conversation between her and Chase before the match.

____________________________________

“What? You’re just giving me this?” asked Diana.

“If we want to win this tournament and get all of the Numbers, I’m going to be using my own deck, not Ryan’s”

“Ryan’s?”

“Remember. Ryan is using his son’s deck. He used a Wind-Up/T.G. deck before he switched to the Alien deck. He gave the Wind-Ups to me, and he gave the T.G.s to Mark. The Wind-Ups have served me well up until last night. Now, I’m using my deck.”

“What does this have to do with this card?”

“Remember, Helena’s deck is geared towards summoning Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon as quickly as possible. With this trap card, you can defeat it.”

Diana understood, and she took the card from his hand.

____________________________________

As soon as she remembered the card touching her fingertips, she snapped back into reality.

Come at me, thought Diana. Let’s see if you’re smart enough to prove Chase wrong.

____________________________________

Helena’s Turn: Helena activates Photon Lizard’s effect. By tributing it, Helena can special summon the fusion material monsters from her graveyard: Photon Kaiser (ATK: 2000 DEF: 2800), and Photon Leo (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1100). Helena tributes Photon Kaiser and Photon Leo to special summon Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon (ATK: 3000 DEF: 2500). Helena attacks Amazoness Fighter, but Diana activates her trap Stonehenge Shield, negating an opponent’s attack with a monster with 3000 or more original ATK, reducing its ATK to 0, and negating its effect (ATK: 3000 -> 0).

Helena ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“What’s a card like that doing in your deck?” asked Helena.

“Chase,” said Diana simply. “And don’t expect any more surprises from him until he actually gets here. Until then, I will fight you and defeat you.”

____________________________________

Diana’s Turn: Diana summons Amazoness Sage (ATK: 1400 DEF: 700). Diana attacks Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon with Amazoness Sage, but Helena activates Attack Invulnerability, preventing Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon’s destruction by battle. Damage is still applied.

Helena’s Life Points: 4000 -> 2600

Diana then attacks Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon with Amazoness Fighter.

Helena’s Life Points: 2600 -> 1100

When a monster equipped with Amazoness Heirloom attacks a monster, the monster is destroyed after damage calculation, destroying Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon.

Diana places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-4000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“What was the point of that?” asked Diana angrily. “Your monster was destroyed anyway and you took as much damage as you normally would have hadn’t you activated that card. Why did you activate your trap?”

“Hmph,” scoffed Helena. “Isn’t it obvious? I remembered your Queen’s Pawn trap from last night and how you can special summon an Amazoness monster from your deck when an Amazoness monster destroys a monster by battle. Then you could have three monsters in your arsenal and that would make summoning your Number monster so much easier in the long run.” Diana was getting incrementally angrier as Helena unveiled her entire plan. “Yes, my monster was destroyed, and yes, I took damage. But I still foiled your plan, and that’s the only thing that matters to me.”

Diana then put herself into a calmer demeanor. “That was very smart of you,” she coaxed. “You would have made an excellent addition to the Vegas Bureau.”

“Yes, I suppose I could have, but I’m glad I didn’t, because then I would’ve turned into a total bitch like you.”

____________________________________

Helena’s Turn: Helena special summons Photon Thrasher from her hand, as she controls no monsters (ATK: 2100 DEF: 0). Helena then normal summons Photon Circle (ATK: 1000 DEF: 1000). Helena places 1 card face down. Helena overlays Photon Thrasher with Photon Circle to xyz summon Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina (ATK: 2300 DEF: 1800).

Helena activates Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it when she has no cards in her hand, she can draw 5 cards. Helena activates her face down Photon Hurricane, sending a number of spell and trap cards on the opponent’s side of the field to the owner’s hand. Helena activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon from her graveyard. Helena attacks Amazoness Fighter with Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina. With Amazoness Fighter’s effect, Diana takes no battle damage from battles involving it. Helena attacks Amazoness Sage with Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon.

Diana’s Life Points: 4000 -> 2400

Helena places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-1100 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

Diana then let out a quiet, unsettling laugh. “I know about chaos xyz…” she said.

Helena was shocked.

“How could you…” she then remembered Flim and Flam the night they dueled them.

It was obvious. Stonehenge Shield to counter Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon, her being at 1100 life points instead of the 1000 required to chaos xyz, the fact she even knew what chaos xyz was; they knew about Helena and Orion’s strategies before this duel even began. Diana continued to talk.

“And if you think me and my colleague are going to let you use such a cheap little trick to win your way out of this duel, you are sadly mistaken.”

____________________________________

Diana’s Turn: Diana activates Reload, adding her hand to her deck, shuffling it, and drawing cards equal to the amount that she added to her hand. Diana summons Amazoness Archer (ATK: 1400 DEF: 1000). Diana activates her Monster Reborn, special summoning Amazoness Fighter from her graveyard. Diana overlays Amazoness Fighter and Amazoness Archer to xyz summon Number 123: Serpentine Wings (ATK: 1900 DEF: 2000).

Diana equips Number 123: Serpentine Wings with Axe of Despair, increasing its ATK by 1000 (ATK: 1900 -> 2900). Diana activates the effect of Number 123: Serpentine Wings. By detaching one xyz material from it, the activation of all spell, trap, and monster effects on the field are negated when this card attacks. Diana attacks Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina.

Helena’s Life Points: 1100 -> 500

Diana places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-2400 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

For all of Diana’s best laid plans and fearful threats, she would all be undone by something so simple.

____________________________________

Helena’s Turn: Helena activates Xyz Reborn, special summoning Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina from her graveyard and attaching Xyz Reborn as xyz material. Helena overlays Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina to chaos xyz summon Number C115: Carina Nova (ATK: 2300 DEF: 1800).

Helena activates Number C115: Carina Nova’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from this card, she can banish the top card of her deck. If it’s a monster, Number C115: Carina Nova’s ATK increases by the ATK of the banished monster. Helena draws Photon Current. Helena activates the effect once more. This time, she draws a Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon (ATK: 2300 -> 5300). Helena places 1 card face down. Helena attacks Number 123: Serpentine Wings.

Diana’s Life Points: 2400 -> 0

Helena wins the round. Number C115: Carina Nova’s ATK returns to normal (ATK: 5300 -> 2300).

Status: Hand-3 Life-500 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

Chase will switch with Diana, who will pass on her face down card to him.

____________________________________

“They really are a tough team to beat,” said Diana, passing her card to Chase. “Be careful.”

“Don’t worry,” said Chase. With the power of my real deck, we’re certain not to lose.”

Chase got out into play, activated his duel disk, and drew five cards from his deck.

Round 2: Chase vs. Helena

Chase’s Turn: Chase special summons Chronomaly Crystal Bones, as he controls no monsters while his opponent controls one (ATK: 1300 DEF: 400). When Chronomaly Crystal Bones is special summoned this way, Chase can special summon an Chronomaly monster from his hand, choosing Chronomaly Mud Golem (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1000). Chase then activates Palenque Sarcophagus, drawing 2 cards when he controls an Chronomaly monster. Chase then special summons Chronomaly Aztec Mask Golem, as he activated a normal spell card this turn (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1000). Chase then normal summons Chronomaly Mayan Machine (ATK: 1500 DEF: 700).

Chase overlays Chronomaly Mayan Machine and OOPArts Crystal Bone to xyz summon Chronomaly Crystal Chrononaut (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1000). Then, Chase overlays Chronomaly Aztec Mask Golem and Chronomaly Mud Golem to xyz summon Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1500). Chase places 1 card face down. Next, Chase attacks Number C115: Carina Nova with Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis. Chase activates Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis’ effect. By detaching one xyz material from it, it gains 1000 ATK during the battle phase (ATK: 2000 -> 3000). Helena attempts to activate Mirror Force, but Chase activates Trap Jammer, negating the effect of and destroying Mirror Force. The attack goes through.

Helena’s Life Points: 500 -> 0

Chase wins the round.

Status: Hand-2 Life-4000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

Orion will switch with Helena, who will pass Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon and her face down card onto him.

____________________________________

“An Chronomaly deck,” commented Orion.

“Yes,” confirmed Chase. “This is my real deck; my real power.”

Orion then smirked. “And this was your big surprise? I’ve played this deck once before.”

“And I’m sure of it.” The smile disappeared from Orion’s face. “One of the competitors, a Daring Do, uses this deck. She wasn’t worthy of such a wonderful deck, so I put her in her place.” Orion’s eyes widened in shock. “She’s alright… for the most part.”

Chase pointed to the stands to his right. Orion looked out and saw Daring Do in one of the celebrity balconies with a bandage on her wing. Daring Do was staring daggers at Chase. Orion looked at Chase the same way.

“And you think that you’re worthy of any deck when you use it to injure innocents? Perhaps I should put you in your place!”

Orion turned his wand into his duel disk and drew five cards from his deck.

“Finally,” whispered Chase. “This should be fun.”

____________________________________

Final Round: Orion vs. Chase

Orion’s Turn: Orion summons Legendary Six Samurai – Enishi (ATK: 1700 DEF: 700). Orion then special summons Legendary Six Samurai – Kizan as he controls a Six Samurai monster (ATK: 1800 DEF: 500). Orion overlays Legendary Six Samurai – Kizan and Legendary Six Samurai – Enishi to xyz summon Number 39: Utopia (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2000). Orion attacks Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis with Number 39: Utopia, but Chase activates Thunder Pot, negating the attack and ending the battle phase.

Orion ends his turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-4000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“You may have fought with this deck in the past,” said Chase, “but you haven’t fought with it to the extent that I will.”

____________________________________

Chase’s Turn: Chase activates Pot of Greed, drawing 2 cards. Next, he activates Mystical Space Typhoon, destroying Orion’s face down card. Chase special summons Chronomaly Moai, as he controls a Chronomaly monster (ATK: 1800 DEF: 1600). Next, Chase tributes Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis to summon Chronomaly Sol Monolith (ATK: 600 DEF: 600). When OOPArts Sol Monolith is normal summoned, he can target 1 Chronomaly monster he controls, and its level becomes 6, choosing Chronomaly Moai (Lvl.: 5 -> 6). Chase overlays Chronomaly Moai and Chronomaly Sol Monolith to xyz summon Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis (ATK: 2600 DEF: 2900).

When Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis is xyz summoned, Chase can equip a Numbers monster onto Number 6: Chronomaly Atlanthal and gains ATK equal to half of the equip card’s ATK, choosing Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis (ATK: 2600 -> 3600). Chase activates Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it and sending an equip card equipped to it by its own effect to the graveyard (ATK: 3600 -> 2600), Chase can halve Orion’s life points.

Orion’s Life Points: 4000 -> 2000

Chase can’t conduct his battle phase the turn he uses that effect.

Chase places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-4000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“Wait a minute,” said Maddie in the stands. “I thought Big Macintosh had that card.”

“He did,” said Applejack solemnly. Applejack’s face told Maddie all that she needed to. “That bastard used a Brain Control and licked the lot of us.”

It looked like this duel would be harder for Orion than he thought.

____________________________________

Orion’s Turn: Orion activates Forbidden Chalice, increasing Chronomaly Crystal Chrononaut’s ATK by 400, but negating its effect (ATK: 2100 -> 2500). Orion attacks Chronomaly Crystal Alien with Number 39: Utopia. Both Chronomaly Crystal Chrononaut and Number 39: Utopia’s ATKs are equal, but since Numbers can only be destroyed in battle with other Numbers, Chronomaly Crystal Chrononaut is destroyed. Chase activates Card of Last Will, drawing 5 cards when a monster of his is destroyed.

Orion then attacks Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis with Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon, but Orion activates Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon’s effect. When it battles with another monster, he can remove it and the monster it battles from play. At the end of the battle phase, both monsters return to the field, and Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon gains 500 ATK for every xyz material attached to the monster it battled (1) (ATK: 3000 -> 3500).

Orion places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-2000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“You don’t got shit on me,” said Chase. “You can strengthen and sharpen your monsters all you want, but you won’t touch me, I promise you. I can’t guarantee the same safety for you. Plus, I heard you have my old Chronomaly Number that you took from Flim and Flam. I can't wait to pry it from your cold dead hands."

____________________________________

Chase’s Turn: Chase activates Hammer Shot, destroying the monster on the field with the highest ATK, which is Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon. Chase special summons another Chronomaly Aztec Mask Golem, as he activated a normal spell card. Next, he normal summons Chronomaly Cabrera’s Trebuchet (ATK: 0 DEF: 1800). Next, Chase activates Double Spell, discarding 1 spell card from his hand to activate a spell card from his opponent’s graveyard as if it were his own, choosing Forbidden Chalice, raising Number 39: Utopia’s ATK by 400 and negating its effect (ATK: 2500 -> 2900).

Chase activates Chronomaly Cabrera’s Trebuchet’s effect. By tributing 1 monster, choosing Chronomaly Aztec Mask Golem, Chase can switch Chronomaly Cabrera’s Trebuchet into defense position, and reduce a chosen monster’s ATK to 0 until the end phase, choosing Number 39: Utopia (ATK: 2900 -> 0). Chase attacks Number 39: Utopia with Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis, but Orion activates both Invincible Hero and Gift of the Mystical Elf. Invincible Hero prevents a monster from being destroyed by battle, though battle damage is still applied, and Gift of the Mystical Elf raises Orion’s life points by 300 for each monster on the field before the attack hits (3).

Orion’s Life Points: 2000 -> 2900

Orion’s Life Points: 2900 -> 300

Chase places 1 card face down and ends his turn. Number 39: Utopia’s ATK returns to normal (ATK: 0 -> 2500).

Status: Hand-0 Life-4000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Orion had never seen Chase this angry. If Chase’s face could get any redder, veins would begin to appear on his face. It didn’t phase Orion though, as Chase’s last, desperate strategy could be read all over his face.

____________________________________

Orion’s Turn: Orion activates his Mystical Space Typhoon, destroying Chase’s face down card. Orion overlays Number 39: Utopia to chaos xyz summon Number C39: Utopia Ray (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2000). Orion activates the effect of Number C39: Utopia Ray. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, Number C39: Utopia Ray’s ATK raises by 500 while a monster his opponent controls loses 1000 until the end phase. Orion activates this effect 3 times, raising Number C39: Utopia Ray’s ATK by 1500 and decreasing Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis’s ATK by 3000 (ATK: 2500 -> 4000) (ATK: 2600 -> 0). Orion attacks Number 6: OOPArts Atlanthal.

Chase’s Life Points: 4000 -> 0

Orion wins the round.

Helena and Orion win the match.


Many Numbers cards flew from Chase and Diana’s extra decks into Orion and Helena’s hands as the crowd cheered wildly, including some of the competitors inside the coliseum.

“What a match!” yelled the announcer. “Orion and Helena, despite being blindsided by Diana and Chase’s strategy, have rebounded and defeated the two in a brilliant display of luck and skill!”

Chase had expended all of his energy into his anger, and the last attack knocked him out cold. Diana picked up his unconscious body, and carried him to the waiting room.

____________________________________

“Son of a bitch!” yelled Mark, throwing the champagne bottle at the wall, shattering it. “FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!”

Diana walked into the room and laid Chase on the couch.

“Are you fucking with me?” shouted Mark, throwing Chase on the floor.

“He needs to rest,” protested Diana. Mark slapped her hard across the face.

“Shut. The fuck. Up, you bitch. Do you understand what this means? Ryan and I are the only team left to save our Numbers. If we lose, at any time now, we’re fucked! And it’s going to be your ass,” he finally said walking out of the room to await their turn to duel.

Ryan looked emotionlessly at the entire confrontation. Even if he and Mark lost at any point in the tournament, he had hope that with his allegiance with Rainbow Dash would remedy his problem. After doing a little research of Equestria, including the elements of harmony, he learned that Rainbow Dash herself was the element of loyalty. If Rainbow Dash’s loyalty could also extend to Ryan, then he and his son might yet be saved from the brink of death.

PreviousChapters Next