• Published 26th May 2017
  • 688 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 688

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 20: Shattered Metal

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured card: Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach

Xyz Monster Rank: 10 ATK: 2000 DEF: 2000 Attribute: EARTH Type: Machine

2 Level 10 Monsters

This card can only be destroyed by battle with another "Number" monster. Once per turn, you can detach one Xyz Material from this card; This card can attack your opponent directly. Any Spells or Traps that activate in repsonse to this card's attack have their effects negated and are destroyed, 1000 damage is inflicted to the player who activated the Spell or Trap.

Now that Rarity no longer had any pent up feelings for Braeburn, the two of them dueled marvelously against their other opponents. Things couldn’t be going better for the two ponies. They were doing well in the tournament, and furthermore, they were in love. Rarity couldn’t remember the last time she met a pony as tough but respectful as Braeburn, other than his cousin Applejack. Now she had a stallion whom had those qualities who loved and respected her right back. It would be one of the best days of the mare’s life.

As they walked along the edge of Whitetail Wood to look at the beautiful changing leaves, they saw Rainbow Dash and Gilda flying overhead. As they turned their heads to look up and out as their friends soared away, they then were looking face to face with two humans. However, these weren’t any of their Lamss. Instead it was the cold evil stare of two of the Vegas members: Chase and Diana. Rarity almost shrieked upon their sight.

“Oh come on, we’re not that scary,” scolded Chase.

“However,” said Diana coldly, “our power certainly is.”

They then shot blue beams at the two quivering ponies, which wrapped around their necks, trapping them.

“Let us go, you brutes!” yelped Rarity.

She then tried faking a cry. “Ow, let me go! It’s too tight!” she sobbed.

“Oh, suck it up,” spat Chase.

“Hey, don’t you talk to her like that!” yelled Braeburn standing to her defense.

“Oooh, big guy!” said Chase in a sarcastic tone. “And you’re going to be her knight in shining armor?”

“If that’s what it’s going to take to beat the both of you, then I sure as sugar am.”

“Alright then. Diana, will you do the honors?” Diana stepped forward.

“With pleasure,” she said activating her duel disk.

“I’m gonna teach all y’all a lesson,” said Braeburn as he unsheathed his duel disk.

The two of them then drew five cards from their decks.

“DUEL!” they yelled.

Braeburn and Rarity vs. Diana and Chase

Round 1: Braeburn vs. Diana

Braeburn’s Turn: Braeburn special summons Roaring Express Train Rocket Arrow, as he controls no cards (ATK: 5000 DEF: 0). Next, Braeburn summons Ancient Gear Soldier (ATK: 1300 DEF: 1300). Then, he activates Galaxy Queen’s Light, having all monsters that he controls become the same level as a level 7 or higher monster that he controls (Lvl.: 4 -> 10). Braeburn overlays Roaring Express Train Rocket Arrow with Ancient Gear Soldier to xyz summon Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max (ATK: 3000 DEF: 3000). Braeburn activates Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max’s effect. By detaching one xyz material from it, Braeburn can inflict 2000 points of damage.

Diana’s Life Points: 4000 -> 2000

Braeburn places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Chase was enraged. “You sneaky piece of sh-”

“Calm down, Chase,” said Diana in a scolding tone. “This pony just doesn’t seem to know his place. Perhaps I should be the one to teach him that a human is above a horse.”

____________________________________

Diana’s Turn: Diana activates Mystical Space Typhoon, destroying Braeburn’s face down card. Next, she summons Amazoness Swords Woman (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1600). Diana equips Amazoness Swords Woman with Amazoness Heirloom, protecting it from destruction by battle once per turn. Diana attacks Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max. With Amazoness Swords Master’s effect, all battle damage from battles involving that card are inflicted onto her opponent.

Braeburn’s Life Points: 4000 -> 2500

Furthermore, with Amazoness Heirloom’s effect, Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max is destroyed.

Diana places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-2000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

I can’t let them win, thought Braeburn, but if this combo works for me, I’m sure to get a leg up in this thing.

____________________________________

Braeburn’s Turn: Braeburn activates Pot of Greed, drawing 2 cards.

Braeburn places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-2500 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-2

Diana’s Turn: Diana summons Harpie Lady 1 (ATK: 1300 DEF: 1400). Diana overlays Harpie Lady 1 and Amazoness Swords Master to xyz summon Number 123: Serpentine Wings (ATK: 1900 DEF: 2000). Diana activates the effect of Number 123: Serpentine Wings. By detaching one xyz material from it, the activation of all spell, trap, and monster effects on the field are negated when this card attacks. Diana attacks Braeburn directly, but Braeburn activates the effect of Snow Plow Engine Hustle Russel from his hand. By destroying all spell and traps cards he controls, he can special summon it from his hand (ATK: 2500 DEF: 3000). Diana halts her attack. Also, when Snow Plow Engine Hustle Russel is summoned this way, Braeburn inflicts 200 points of damage for each spell and trap card destroyed by this effect (2).

Diana’s Life Points: 2000 -> 1600

Diana ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-1600 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“What’s going on?” asked Diana. “Am I being bested by a horse?”

“That’s pony to you,” shouted Braeburn.

____________________________________

Braeburn’s Turn: Braeburn places 1 card face down. Next, he activates Xyz Plant, which becomes a monster card with the same level as the level of a monster he controls. Braeburn overlays Snow Plow Engine Hustle Russel and Xyz Plant to xyz summon Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach (ATK: 2000 DEF: 2000). Braeburn activates Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach’s effect. By detaching one xyz material from it, it can attack the opponent directly. Diana attempts to activate Magic Cylinder, but with Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach’s effect, when a spell or trap card is activated during its attack, the activation of the card is destroyed and 1000 points of damage are inflicted.

Diana’s Life Points: 1600 -> 600

The attack goes through.

Diana’s Life Points: 600 -> 0

Braeburn wins the round.

Status: Hand-0 Life-2500 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Chase will switch with Diana, who will pass Number 123: Serpentine Wings and her face down card to him.

____________________________________

“How dare you,” growled Diana, getting up after the attack. “Chase, finish him.”

“I thought you’d never ask,” said Chase.

____________________________________

Second Round: Chase vs. Braeburn

Chase’s Turn: Chase summons Wind-Up Magician (ATK: 600 DEF: 1800). When a Wind-Up monster is normal summoned, Chase can special summon Wind-Up Shark from his hand (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1300). Chase overlays Wind-Up Magician and Wind-Up Shark to xyz summon Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1500). Chase attacks Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach with Number 123: Serpentine Wings. Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach’s ATK is higher than Number 123: Serpentine Wings. Number 123: Serpentine Wings is destroyed.

Chase’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3900

Chase activates his trap Card of Last Will, drawing 5 cards if a monster of his was destroyed. Next, Chase attacks Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach with Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis. Chase activates Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis’ effect. By detaching one xyz material from it, it gains 1000 ATK during the battle phase (ATK: 2000 -> 3000).

Braeburn’s Life Points: 2500 -> 1500

Chase places 3 cards face down and ends his turn. During the end phase that Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis’ effect was used, it loses 2000 ATK (ATK: 3000 -> 1000).

Status: Hand-6 Life-3900 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-3

Braeburn’s Turn: Braeburn activates his trap Xyz Reborn, special summoning Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max from his graveyard and attaching Xyz Reborn as xyz material. Braeburn activates Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, Braeburn inflicts 2000 points of damage.

Chase’s Life Points: 3900 -> 1900

Braeburn then attacks Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis with Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max, but Chase activates his Magical Cylinder, negating the attack and inflicting damage equal to the attacking monster’s ATK.

Braeburn’s Life Points: 1500 -> 0

Chase wins the round.

Status: Switched

Rarity will switch with Braeburn, who will pass Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max on to her.

____________________________________

“No, stop,” said Braeburn. “You’ve made your point. End the match!”

“Shut up,” said Chase.

He then made the beam from his D-Pad appear around Rarity’s neck. He gave a heavy tug and yanked Rarity onto the field, forcing her to endure the onslaught that Chase was about to make her endure.

____________________________________

Final Round: Chase vs. Rarit

Chase’s Turn: Chase activates his face down Confiscation, paying 1000 life points to look at Rarity’s hand and discard one card from her hand, choosing her Gem-Knight Crystal.

Chase’s Life Points: 1900 -> 900

Next, he activates his face down Lightning Vortex, discarding one card to destroy all monsters on Rarity’s side of the field. Then, he summons Wind-Up Soldier (ATK: 1800 DEF: 1200). Chase activates Wind-Up Soldier’s effect, increasing its level by 1 and increasing its ATK by 400 (ATK: 1800 -> 2200). Chase attacks Rarity directly with Wind-Up Soldier.

Rarity’s Life Points: 4000 -> 1800.

Next, Chase attacks Rarity directly with Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis. Chase activates Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis’ effect. By detaching one xyz material from it, it gains 1000 ATK during the battle phase (ATK: 1000 -> 2000).

Rarity’s Life Points: 1800 -> 0

Chase wins the round.

Diana and Chase win the match.


“NOOOOOOOO!” cried Braeburn as he watched Rarity’s body collapse from the last attack.

He ran over to her and tried doing everything she could to wake her up. But nothing seemed to be working. Braeburn then shouted and charged at Chase. Chase’s lightning reflexes got the better of him and he forcefully kicked the enraged pony in the ribs, stopping him as he crumpled to the floor. Chase then picked him up by his mane and tossed him over by where Rarity lay. Braeburn breathed painfully and slowly, every inhale and exhale seething with his hatred of the two agents.

“Stupid horse,” commented Chase.

“What did you get from the white unicorn after you played Confiscation?” asked Diana.

Chase got his D-Pad tablet and began typing information into it while speaking aloud. “Rarity. Deck: Gem-Knight. Attribute: EARTH. General Types: Rock and other various. Play Style: Fusion summoning monsters through the use of several fusion spells and traps centered around this archetype.”

“And you?” asked Chase to Diana.

Diana typed into her D-Pad as she spoke. “Braeburn. Deck: Ancient Gears/Railway. Attribute: EARTH. General Types: Machine. Play Style: Special summoning high level monsters/utilizing level manipulation to quickly summon the deck’s ace, Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max.”

“Alrighty then,” said Chase.

The two ran off, leaving their victims behind.

____________________________________

Alex, Eli, Rainbow Dash, Gilda, Iron Will, and Daring Do heard the scream from afar and ran to where Braeburn and Rarity lay.

“Oh no,” said Rainbow Dash upon seeing Rarity unconscious.

Rainbow Dash tried to revive Rarity while Alex and Eli tried to talk to Braeburn.

“Braeburn!” shouted Eli. “Can ya hear me, buddy?”

Braeburn looked up to see his friends standing over him.

“Alex. Eli,” he said weakly.

“What happened?” asked Alex.

“Diana… Chase… them good fer’ nothin’s…”

He was too weak to continue speaking, but Alex and Eli knew exactly who they were talking about.

“Let’s get these two to a hospital, now!” said Daring Do.

Without hesitation, Daring Do and Rainbow Dash carried Rarity while Gilda carried Braeburn. The three of them flew to the hospital while Alex, Eli, and Iron Will ran while keeping up.

PreviousChapters Next