• Published 26th May 2017
  • 689 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 689

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 43: Separated

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured card: Number C199: New Moon Wolf

Xyz Monster Rank: 3 ATK: 2200 DEF: 1300 Attribute: DARK Type: Winged Beast

4 Level 3 Monsters

This card can only be destroyed by battle with another "Number" monster. If your Life Points are 1000 or less, you can Xyz Summon this card by using a "Number 199: Lunar Wolf Spirit" you control as the Xyz Material (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card). Once per turn, you can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card to target one monster in your Extra Deck; send that monster to the Graveyard, and raise this card’s ATK by the sent monster’s Level or Rank x 200. If the card sent to the Graveyard by this effect was a DARK monster, target one monster on the field; reduce that target’s ATK to 0.

Ryan was surprised at how far away Zelda’s motorcycle was from the building itself. When they finally got there, Ryan knew they could not waste another second. Canterlot, where more Vegas agents, including Mark and Diana, would be arriving, was due east of their location. Ponyville lied southeast, so with enough speed, they could outrun the Vegas agents on their trail. Ryan turned his D-Pad tablet into his car, opened up the passenger side door and motioned Rainbow Dash to get in, which she did without question. Pinkie Pie was a little more hesitant.

“No!” she demanded. “I want to go with you.”

“I can’t let you do that,” said Zelda holding Pinkie by her shoulders as she would a small child. “It’s dark, I don’t have a helmet for you, and there are people who are trying to kill us. Please, you’ll be safer with Ryan.”

Pinkie still wouldn’t let Zelda leave without her. “Pinkie. Please, go with Ryan. I’ll be fine. I promise.” She then acted the motions for the Pinkie promise.

According to Pinkie Pie, “Nopony breaks a Pinkie promise.” Pinkie gave a long, possibly last look at Zelda, before running into Ryan’s car. Ryan got in immediately, started the engine, and punched the gas. He was sure to leave the lights off lest he’d be spotted, and switched to a special night-vision windshield display that came with Vegas vehicles. Ryan sped off while Zelda ran to her bike, put the helmet on, and drove her bike in the same direction as Ryan. The Vegas agents arrived at their partially demolished headquarters but a minute later. One car, however, did not stop.

Zelda also rode her bike with the lights off. She had a night vision feature built into her helmet, which displayed itself in her visor. She never knew when a headlight would blow and she needed to drive to the nearest auto shop at night. With his speeds, Ryan had to be about a mile ahead of her. For now, they were safe. Zelda wouldn’t be.

About a mile or two into her ride. Zelda noticed a vehicle coming up behind her. It was a Hummer H2. Zelda wouldn’t be able to make out the color in her night vision, but she knew that the hummer was silver. Diana. Diana drove closer and closer to Zelda until she was in range. Then, a black duel anchor shot out of the bumper and wrapped itself around Zelda’s wrist.

“I’ve got you now,” said Diana through an intercom. “There’s no escape.”

“There’s always an escape,” said Zelda.

She stood up on the motorcycle, grabbed her wrist dealer off her belt and placed it on her wrist. After shuffling it, Zelda activated the D-Wheel mode on her motorcycle, activating Speed World 2. Zelda and Diana drew five cards from their decks.

“DUEL!” they both yelled.

Zelda vs. Diana

Zelda’s Turn: Z:1 D:0 Zelda places 3 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-4000 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-3

____________________________________

Mark was the last of the agents to arrive to the aftermath of Ryan and Zelda’s coming. Mark got out of his car to see the damage firsthand.

“Mr. Ace, sir,” said an agent. “The weapons room has been completely demolished. Every weapon in there has been destroyed. Any weapons that might be okay are buried under the rubble, and there isn’t enough time to get them out with the war that will happen this morning.”

“Thank you, 10,” said Mark, practically ignoring him.

Mark went into the building and walked through the west wing to find a bunch of agents gathered around something on the second floor. Mark went up to see what it was. After pushing through the crowd, he found Chase’s lifeless body slumped in a pool of his own blood. Still not convinced, Mark put his fingers to Chase’s neck. No pulse. He had just recently died.

Maybe, thought Mark. Just maybe…

____________________________________

Diana’s Turn: Z:1 D:1 Diana summons Amazoness Paladin (ATK: 1700 DEF: 300). Diana attacks Zelda directly with Amazoness Paladin, but Zelda special summons Blackwing – Ghibli the Searing Wind from her hand with its effect (ATK: 0 DEF: 1600). One per turn, Zelda can switch the ATK and DEF of Blackwing – Ghibli the Searing Wind (ATK: 0 -> 1600, DEF: 1600 -> 0). The attack continues.

Zelda’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3900

Zelda activates Card of Last Will, drawing 5 cards when a monster she controls is destroyed. Zelda then special summons Blackwing – Breeze the Zephyr, as it was added to her hand by a card effect (ATK: 1100 DEF: 300).

Diana places 3 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-3

____________________________________

“Interesting,” said Diana. “I can’t remember the last time Card of Last Will has been used so… strategically. You really are a good duelist, Zelda. While I may hate you with all of my heart, I respect you enough to feel pride that I reached such a high honor as being Ms. Queen.”

“Shut up,” said Zelda. “There’s no pride to feel in raping another person’s land for your own gain. I’m going to show you how lowly your status really is.”

____________________________________

Zelda’s Turn: Z:2 D:2 Zelda activates Call of the Haunted, special summoning Blackwing – Ghibli the Searing Wind from her graveyard. Next, Zelda special summons Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind, as she controls a Blackwing monster (ATK: 1300 DEF: 400). Next, Zelda special summons Blackwing – Gladius the Midnight Sun, as she controls a Blackwing monster (ATK: 800 DEF: 1500). Once per turn, with Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind’s effect, Zelda can halve the ATK of one monster her opponent controls, choosing Amazoness Paladin (ATK: 1700 -> 850). Zelda overlays Blackwing – Gladius the Midnight Sun, Blackwing – Ghibli the Searing Wind, and Blackwing – Breeze the Zephyr to xyz summon Number 199: Lunar Wolf Spirit (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1300).

Zelda then normal summons Blackwing – Calima the Haze (ATK: 600 DEF: 1800). Zelda tunes Blackwing – Calima the Haze with Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind to synchro summon Blackwing Armor Master (ATK: 2500 DEF: 1500). Zelda attacks Amazoness Paladin with Blackwing Armor Master, but Diana activates Waboku, preventing her monster’s destruction and reducing all battle damage to 0.

Zelda places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-3900 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“So even after we took your Numbers,” said Diana, “Ryan just happened to have your ace Number in his quarter. How lucky.”

“Luck had nothing to do with.”

“What?”

Suddenly, Lunar Wolf Spirit began talking to Diana. “When you wished for the Numbers this afternoon,” it said, “I was able to communicate to the other Numbers, who aren't nearly as sentient as I am. I could tell that Ryan would defect, so I gathered as many of my master’s friends’ Numbers as I could and let them come to Ryan, knowing he would betray you and give back their Numbers.”

“So you and your friends better be packing tomorrow morning,” said Zelda, “because Alex and his friends are going to tear you all a new asshole.”

“Don’t waste your breath,” said Diana.

____________________________________

Diana’s Turn: Z:3 D:3 Diana activates Trap Stun, preventing the activation of all trap cards on the field. Next, Diana activates the speed spell Synchro Defuse, taking control of Blackwing Armor Master until the end phase. Diana summons Amazoness Chain Master (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1300). Diana overlays Amazoness Chain Master and Amazoness Paladin to xyz summon Number 123: Serpentine Wings (ATK: 1900 DEF: 2000). Diana attacks Number 199: Lunar Wolf Spirit with Blackwing Armor Master. Since Numbers can only be destroyed in battle by other Numbers, Number 199: Lunar Wolf Spirit isn’t destroyed. Damage is still applied.

Zelda’s Life Points: 3900 -> 3600

When Blackwing Armor Master attacks a monster, a Wedge counter is placed on it. Diana removes this Wedge counter to reduce the ATK of that monster to 0 (ATK: 2200 -> 0). Diana attacks Number 199: Lunar Wolf Spirit with Number 123: Serpentine Scales.

Zelda’s Life Points: 3600 -> 1700

Diana activates the speed spell High Speed Crash, destroying a card she controls, choosing Blackwing Armor Master, to destroy 1 card on the field, choosing one of Zelda’s face down cards. Diana activates her own Card of Last Will, drawing 5 cards when a monster she controls is destroyed.

Diana places 2 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

The force of the attack was enough to knock Zelda’s helmet off her head. It also left a small trickle of blood running down the left side of her face. Zelda quickly turned her headlights on, having to see in front of her somehow.

____________________________________

“Where’s Zelda?” asked Pinkie Pie from the back of Ryan’s car. “I’m sure she’s just behind us,” assured Ryan.

He knew that Zelda wasn’t behind them, but he could only hope they were alright. Upon going over another hill, they could see the sparsely lit town of Ponyville. Sanctuary at last.

____________________________________

Zelda’s Turn: Z:4 D:4 Zelda activates her trap Xyz Reborn, special summoning an xyz monster from her graveyard and attaching Xyz Reborn as xyz material, choosing Number 199: Lunar Wolf Spirit. Zelda tries to activate Number 199: Lunar Wolf Spirit’s effect, but Diana activates Divine Wrath, discarding 1 card to negate the activation of a monster’s effect and destroy it.

Zelda places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-1700 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-1

Diana’s Turn: Z:5 D:5 Diana activates Number 123: Serpentine Scales’ effect. By detaching 1 xyz material when it attacks, all monster, spell, and trap effects on the field are negated. Diana attacks Zelda directly, but Zelda activates the effect of Blackwing – Calima the Haze from her graveyard, special summoning a synchro monster from her graveyard when she controls no monsters, choosing Blackwing Armor Master. Blackwing Armor Master’s ATK is higher than Number 123: Serpentine Scales’. Since Numbers can only be destroyed in battle by other Numbers, Number 123: Serpentine Scales isn’t destroyed. Damage is still applied.

Diana’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3400

With Blackwing – Calima the Haze’s effect, Blackwing Armor Master is removed from play at the end of the damage step. Diana activates Speed World 2’s effect. By removing 4 speed counters (SpC.: 5 -> 1), Diana can inflict 800 points of damage for each speed spell in her hand. She has 2.

Zelda’s Life Points: 1700 -> 100

Diana ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-3400 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Pinkie Pie, thought Zelda with tears in her eyes. My time with you have been some of my best days. I’m sorry that I couldn’t keep my promise.

Zelda shed tears as they were wiped by the blowing wind in her face.

“No,” said a voice.

Then, Zelda’s graveyard slot began emitting a bright light.

“What is this?” asked Diana.

Zelda knew it was Lunar Wolf Spirit.

“We still have one more turn. Let’s make it count.”

____________________________________

Zelda’s Turn: Z:6 D:2 Zelda places 1 card face down. Next, she activates her High Speed Crash, destroying her face down card to destroy Diana’s face down card. Zelda summons Blackwing – Fane the Steel Chain (ATK: 500 DEF: 800). Zelda then activates her face down Dimension Trap, removing a monster she controls to select a trap card in her graveyard and have Dimension Trap’s effect be the same as the selected trap, choosing Xyz Reborn, special summoning Number 199: Lunar Wolf Spirit and attaching Dimension Trap as xyz material. Zelda overlays Number 199: Lunar Wolf Spirit to chaos xyz summon Number C199: New Moon Wolf (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1300).

Zelda activates Number C199: New Moon Wolf’s effect. Once per turn, by detaching 2 xyz materials from it, Zelda can target a monster in her extra deck, send it to the graveyard, and increase Number C199: New Moon Wolf’s ATK by level/rank of the sent monster times 200. If the monster sent by this effect was DARK, Zelda can target 1 other monster on the field and make its ATK 0. Zelda sends Blackwing Armed Wing to the graveyard (6 x 200 = 1200, ATK: 2200 -> 3400). Since Blackwing Armed Wing was a DARK attribute monster, Number 123: Serpentine Wings' ATK is reduced to 0 (ATK: 1900 -> 0). Zelda attacks Number 123: Serpentine Wings with Number C199: New Moon Wolf.

Diana’s Life Points: 3400 -> 0

Zelda wins.


The last attack sent Diana swerving and drifting through the desert. Zelda wasted no time and accelerated as fast as she could to finally elude her. Off in the distance she saw a train that was going to cross the tracks from the right. Judging by the distance between her and the train and her and Diana, she could beat the train before it crossed with the road and Diana would be left further behind, leaving her escape all but certain.

Zelda accelerated faster when she realized the train was a bit faster than expected. The train engineer noticed Zelda and Diana coming down the road, and blew the trains whistle to get them to stop. Diana could tell from the length of the train that she couldn’t make it across, going over the tracks where the train had already passed at her current speeds would destroy her car and/or flip it, and if she slowed down on the tracks, she might as well have let her go then and there. Diana screeched to a halt to see if she would make it.

Zelda was about 100 feet from the crossing, and the train was about that far away too plus a couple of feet. It would be those couple of feet that would mean life or death for her. Zelda was now just feet from either her death or escape. She crossed the tracks. The train was barreling towards her. Zelda was certain she would make it. She felt as free as a bird.

Then, something catastrophic happened. Zelda felt the train’s cowcatcher brush up under the back wheel of her motorcycle. Zelda felt the bike lift from the back and to the left, the same direction as the train that hit her. When the back wheel touched down with the ground, her front was already 90° in the wrong direction. The motorcycle flipped instantly, flinging Zelda off of it. Zelda instinctively put her hands over her unprotected head, but when she hit the ground, her body was nothing but a ragdoll. She tumbled violently for about fifty feet and lay still on the ground. The bike continued to flip and spin until it was flinging fragments of metal and glass. The bike finally stopped with an explosion. Zelda weakly put her hand up to the mushroom cloud, knowing that the cloud of smoke would send the grim message to her friends that she didn’t want them to see. Zelda was in too much pain to leave her hand up. She rested it back onto the ground and closed her eyes.

When the train had finally passed, Diana went over the crossing and observed the wreckage. When she finally found Zelda’s body, Diana knelt over her and put her fingers to her neck. Diana then got up, picked up her phone and called Mark.

“Mark?”…

“It’s Diana.”…

“I have Zelda here.”…

“Dumb bitch tried to outrun a train, the train clipped her and she crashed.”…

“I just checked her pulse. She’s gone.”

… … …

“I’ll bring her over immediately.”

Diana hung up, slung Zelda’s corpse over her shoulder put her in her car, and drove to Canterlot, where Mark told them they would be relocating in preparation for the ever nearing battle.

PreviousChapters Next