• Published 14th Feb 2017
  • 917 Views, 140 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 7: The Malefic Menace - Bahamut0



Someone, or something, has been hunting down and capturing legendary dragons. And whatever it is has its sights set on CHS and Burst and his friends!

  • ...
4
 140
 917

Duel 8: Starlight Strikes

Monday arrived, and Burst and his friends were all on edge after the unsettling events that had occurred only a few days ago. Shadow noticed their shift in mood, and wondered what was going on. 'This is weird. Why're Ace and his friends acting this way?' Wanting to know what was causing his friends' unease, Shadow decided to ask Ace and Ice. "Guys? Why're you and the others on-edge all of a sudden?" Ace and Ice took a deep breath before looking Shadow in the eye.

"Shadow. Inferno was attacked last Friday after school.", Ace began.

"What?! By who?", Shadow asked.

"By a duelist using a weird deck. She was after his partner Red-Eyes. The most notable thing was the weird field spell she used. It seemed to distort the real world."

Shadow shivered. "Creepy."

"The worst part is that the duelist uses distorted versions of legendary dragons. And that distortion corrupts the dragons and causes them pain."

Shadow couldn't believe there was a duelist that cruel! "That's awful!"

"It gets worse.", Ace chimed in. "We believe this rogue duelist goes to this school. And considering the fact we're partnered with legendary dragons, that makes us possible targets. And that includes you too Shadow."

"So THAT'S why everybody's on edge."

"Watch your back bro.", Ice cautioned. "You've got a legendary dragon too. That means you're in danger too."

"Got it! I'll be sure to keep my guard up! I'd better warn Starlight too! She's got a TON of legendary dragons in her deck!" Shadow went off to find Starlight. He didn't have to look far.

"Oh. Shadow. What's up? I was just looking for you..."

"Starlight, I've got something important to tell you. There's a duelist going around who's hunting legendary dragons! Inferno was attacked last Friday. And since you've got a whole lot of legendary dragons, that means you're a target too! Just...be careful." Starlight but on a worried expression, but her mind was another story.

'So it looks like my activities haven't gone unnoticed. No point in trying to remain covert now. I'll have to make my move at lunch period.' "Thanks for the heads-up. I'll be sure to watch my back." Starlight was surprised as Shadow pulled her into a hug.

"Stay safe Star.", Shadow said quietly. Starlight then slowly returned the hug.

"You too Shadow." The two went their separate ways, and the day went on as usual. That is, until lunch period hit. It all started when Timaeus materialized out of Ace's deck!

"Timaeus?! What's wrong?", Ace asked.

"I hear them!", Timaeus replied. "I can hear the calls of my imprisoned comrades! Hermos! Critias! Where are you?!" Soon, the sky darkened and clouds gathered. Timaeus's eyes narrowed as he sniffed the air. "I sense a strong evil presence. I can SMELL the reek of its ill intent. It's close. Outside the school!" Ace grabbed his duel disk out of his backpack, and strapped it on.

"Looks like the duelist that attacked Inferno is making their move. Let's go!" Ace and Timaeus bolted for the main entrance doors and threw them open! Outside there was a figure waiting for them wearing an odd mask and a cloak. "So you're the one who's been enslaving dragons."

"I see you and your dragon came when he heard his friends calling.", Starlight replied. "Don't worry. They'll be reunited when I capture him too!" Starlight and Ace activated their duel disks!

"You'll have to beat me to get at my friend!"

Starlight: 8000
Ace: 8000

"I got the first turn!" Ace looked carefully at his cards. "I summon Chocolate Magician Girl in attack mode and discard a spellcaster to draw a card! Then I'll end my turn with a face-down!" 'From what Inferno said about this duelist, her monsters aren't too big on effects. But, they all have high attack points. Good thing my magicians can remedy that!'

'Looks like Timaeus is the only monster he has that has any decent attack power. Defeating him should prove to be an easy task.' "I draw! Perfect! I play Terraforming to add the field spell Malefic World! Now I'll activate it!" Once Malefic World was activated, the world distorted! "Now I set a card and banish Red-Eyes Black Dragon to special summon Malefic Red-Eyes Black Dragon! Attack Chocolate Magician Girl!"

"You've set-off her effect! When Chocolate Magician Girl is targeted for an effect or an attack, I can special summon a spellcaster from my graveyard! I'll bring back Berry Magician Girl! Also, your monster's attack is halved and it's new target is the monster that was special summoned! Now Berry Magician Girl's effect activates! I can change her battle position and special summon a 'Magician Girl' monster from my deck!" Berry Magician Girl was destroyed, but Dark Magician Girl took the field!

"I end my turn with two face-downs." 'So much for my Malefics retaining their high attack points. This deck is poison for them! If I attack, his magicians can halve their strength! AGH! This is so frustrating! It looks like I can't even make us of my monsters' attack points!'

'Good. Looks like I've managed to limit her actions. If she decides to pick-off one of my Magician Girls, I can halve that monster's attack! Plus, only one of her monsters can take the field at a time! That means she can't swarm me!' "My turn!" Ace drew his next card! "I'll attack your monster with Dark Magician Girl!"

"I think not! I activate my trap! Malefic Claw Stream! This destroys one monster on your field!" A stream of crackling green energy struck Dark Magician Girl! Destroying her!

"In that case, I'll attack your monster with Chocolate Magician Girl!" Chocolate Magician Girl fired a blast of magic! Destroying Malefic Red-Eyes! "I end my turn." 'I guess she's still got some form of protection for her monsters. Just gotta keep a cool head, and I should be able to handle things.'

Starlight: 7800
Ace: 8000

"I activate Malefic World's effect! I select three 'Malefic' cards! Now you pick one and I can add it to my hand! The rest are shuffled back into my deck."

"I pick the one in the middle."

"Excellent choice." Starlight added the card to her hand, and shuffled the other two back into her deck. "Now I banish Rainbow Dragon to special summon Malefic Rainbow Dragon! Then I activate my trap! Deck Devastation Virus! I'll tribute Malefic Rainbow! Now I can check your hand! All monsters with 1500 or less attack in your hand and field are destroyed! Also, all monsters with 1500 or less attack you draw are destroyed up until the end of your third turn after this card's activation!" Ace showed Starlight his hand, and sent all monsters with 1500 or less attack to the graveyard. "Now I'll set another card and end my turn by banishing Blue-Eyes White Dragon to special summon Malefic Blue-Eyes!"

"I draw!" Ace discarded a card due to Deck Devastation Virus's effect. "I set a card and end my turn." 'Man. That virus card crippled a good portion of my deck! Especially since most of the Magician Girls have less than 1500 attack! Well, at least Chocolate Magician Girl can revive spellcasters from my graveyard. So, no major loss.'

"My turn." Starlight drew her next card. "I tribute Malefic Blue-Eyes to activate my trap! Eradicator Epidemic Virus! I can declare one card type! Spell, or trap! Then I can destroy all cards of that type on your field and in your hand! Then until your third turn of this card's activation you have to destroy all cards of the declared type that you draw! I declare spell!" Ace frowned as he sent all the spell cards in his hand to the graveyard. "Now I'll end my turn."

'Okay. So she's trying to get rid off my monsters, and she's trying to cripple my spells and traps. She's trying to lock-down my deck! But the cost of the virus cards is pretty high. Meaning now I've got a clear shot at her life points!' "My move! I draw!" Ace had to send Dark Magic Veil to the graveyard due to Eradicator Epidemic's effect! "I'll attack you directly with Chocolate Magician Girl!" Starlight winced as she took damage from Chocolate Magician Girl's spell blast! "I end my turn with a face-down."

Starlight: 6200
Ace: 8000

"I activate Malefic World's effect! You know how it works." Starlight selected three Malefic cards, and Ace selected the one at the far left. "Now I'll banish Cyber End Dragon to bring out Malefic Cyber End Dragon!"

'Just what I needed! Time to bring out my ace!' "I activate my trap! Dark Renewal! I'll send your Malefic Cyber End and Chocolate Magician Girl to special summon a DARK spellcaster from my deck or graveyard! I'll bring back Dark Magician Girl!"

"Hmph. I suppose you've foiled my strategy for the moment."

"My turn!" Ace drew The Eye of Timaeus, but had to discard it due to Eradicator Epidemic's effect. "I'll attack you directly with Dark Magician Girl! Dark Burning Attack!" Starlight cringed as her life points took a hit! "I end my turn."

Starlight: 4200
Ace: 8000

"It's too bad you got rid of that last Magician Girl. You could've used her ability for what I'm about to unleash! I draw! I banish Stardust Dragon from my extra deck to special summon Malefic Stardust Dragon! Then I'll summon Malefic Parallel Gear and tune Malefic Stardust with him! I synchro summon Malefic Paradox Dragon! Destroy Dark Magician Girl!" Malefic Paradox fired a crackling stream of black energy! Wiping out Dark Magician Girl! "I end my turn with a face-down."

Starlight: 4200
Ace: 6000

"My turn!" Ace looked at his hand as he drew his card. 'I could use this monster, but the virus is still in effect. "Darn. Gotta send her to the graveyard. I guess I'll end my turn."

"Then I'll draw! Attack him directly Malefic Paradox!" Ace cringed as Malefic Paradox Dragon fired a stream of crackling black energy! The damage became real in this field as he fell to one knee! "I believe I've punished you enough for this turn."

Starlight: 4200
Ace: 2000

"I draw! I'll set a card and end my turn!"

"I'll not risk triggering your face-down.", Starlight said as she drew her next card. "So I'll end my turn."

"In that case, it's my move!" Ace smiled as he saw the next card he drew! "I play the spell card Knight of Harmony! I'll banish The Eye of Timaeus to special summon Timaeus the Dragon Knight of Harmony! Now I'll activate his effect! I'll target and destroy Malefic World!" Timaeus fired a bolt of magic from his blade! Destroying Malefic World! As Malefic World faded, Paradox Dragon self-destructed! "Looks like your monsters depend on that field spell! Now your field's wide-open! Attack her directly Timaeus! Dragon Knight Strike!" Timaeus charged his sword with magic, and slashed at Starlight's life points! "I end my turn." 'I can sense Critias and Hermos breaking free of their bonds!'

Starlight: 700
Ace: 2000

"I draw!" Starlight frowned under her mask as she looked at her cards. "I end my turn."

"I draw! Let's end this Timaeus!" Timaeus slashed away the last of Starlight's life points! Timaeus then raised his sword to the sky!

"Critias! Hermos! Hear me! With my power...I free you from your imprisonment!", Timaeus cried out to the heavens! Starlight noticed a flash of red and blue going off in her deck! The cards of Critias and Hermos shot out of her deck and flew into Ace's hands! "At last my comrades are freed from your grasp!"

"This isn't over!" Starlight opened a portal back to the school, and changed back into her regular clothes. 'So much for the "great power" of the Malefics.' Meanwhile, Ace had met back up with his friends. Proudly displaying the legendary dragons he'd freed.

"Maybe these two can shed some light on this malefic menace."