• Published 14th Feb 2017
  • 917 Views, 140 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 7: The Malefic Menace - Bahamut0



Someone, or something, has been hunting down and capturing legendary dragons. And whatever it is has its sights set on CHS and Burst and his friends!

  • ...
4
 140
 917

Duel 12: Starlight's Decision

Starlight couldn't sleep that night. Nightmare's words were still swirling in her head. About what she'd done, and how the dragons in her deck were hurting. Starlight woke up in a cold sweat as she caught her breath. "What's happening to me? ", she thought out loud. "Why am I so obsessed with capturing legendary dragons?" Starlight clutched her head. "AGH! Just thinking about all of this hurts my head! Like there's something gnawing at my mind!" Starlight's mind was racing, but it always came to one focal point. Shadow. "I need to get this off my mind! I need to talk to someone, so it might as well be him!" Starlight settled back into her bed. Unaware that the mask she'd been using began to pulse with energy.

The next day....

Shadow felt like his whole body had been turned inside out. He'd only met Starlight a few days ago, and just yesterday he'd found out that she was the duelist who'd been hunting down legendary dragons. The same one who attacked Inferno last Friday. 'Isn't that just my luck? I meet a girl, and she turns out to be the next big threat my friends gotta face.' Shadow then noticed Starlight waiting by the school entrance. 'Looks like she's expecting me...' "Hi Starlight." Starlight let out a sigh as Shadow came into view.

"Shadow. We need to talk.", Starlight said with a pained look on her face.

"It's about you hunting and capturing legendary dragons. Isn't it?"

Starlight was shocked! "How...how did you know?!"

"My brothers told me. After you dueled Moon yesterday. But all I've gotta ask you is....WHY? What in the world possessed you to hunt the legendary dragons?"

"You don't understand! I NEED their power!"

"Do you?! How far would you have gone Starlight? Would you have dueled me to get Dragluon?"

"Shadow...no! I'd never do that to you! You're my friend!"

"The others thought you were THEIR friend. And what did you do? You tried to steal Red-Eyes from Inferno. How can you explain that?"

"Because Burst and Inferno's dragons have power beyond any Blue-Eyes or Red-Eyes I've sensed thanks to the abilities the malefic cards gave me! If I captured them, I'd be unstoppable!"

"Why do you WANT to be unstoppable?"

"I....I don't know! Ever since I picked up the Malefics, it's been the sole thought pounding in my head! And it won't stop! It hasn't stopped!"

"Maybe I can help it stop! Just leave the Malefics behind! I can help you find a new way, and I can't stand to see you hurting!"

"Why not?!"

"Because....BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!", Shadow screamed at the top of his lungs! "I feel for you when I first saw you. I never had someone to love like all my friends....but you changed that when I met you! And I don't want to let you go! Not when you're hurting!" Starlight was tearing up as Shadow poured his heart out. "Starlight...PLEASE. Let me help you."

"Shadow....did you mean all of that?"

"Would I really embarrass myself by proclaiming my love at the top of my lungs otherwise?", Shadow asked. Starlight slowly inched towards Shadow.

"I...." Starlight's mask shattered in her backpack, and a mass of unstable energy was released! The energy then condensed into a form.

"I believe I've made good use of you Starlight.", the figure said as grabbed her!

"You...you were the one that gave me the malefic cards! You were the voice going off in my head telling me to hunt the legendary dragons!"

The figure laughed. "So now you see you were my puppet. I suppose you should know who was pulling your strings. I am called Paradox Truth. And during your duels, I've been regaining my power! Enough to forge the TRUE Malefic deck! But I think I'll hold onto you for a bit longer!" Paradox bound Starlight with energy restraints! "Now...the fun really begins!"

"Let her go!", Shadow cried as he charged at Paradox! But Paradox grabbed Shadow by the throat!

"You want the girl back? Fine. I'll give you a chance to reclaim her. Meet me when I raise my lair." Paradox threw Shadow to the ground! "Until then we meet again fool. Feel free to bring as many others who are foolish enough to face me!" Paradox vanished through a portal, and Shadow slowly rose to his feet.

"Starlight....", Shadow wheezed. "I AM going to get you back." Shadow then pulled out his phone. "But I can't do it alone...."