• Published 14th Feb 2017
  • 917 Views, 140 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 7: The Malefic Menace - Bahamut0



Someone, or something, has been hunting down and capturing legendary dragons. And whatever it is has its sights set on CHS and Burst and his friends!

  • ...
4
 140
 917

Duel 13: Dragons of Legend United/Paradox's Plan

Shadow had gathered the others, and told them what had happened. "The guy who took Starlight called himself Paradox Truth. He said he'd raise his lair and that he'd be waiting for us to face him."

"So it seems that legend was true after all.", Blue-Eyes said with a steeled gaze.

"Legend?", Burst asked. "What legend Blue-Eyes?"

"Long, long ago, a human sorceror found his way to our realm.", Blue-Eyes answered. "He drew inspiration from our ancestors and used his magic to create two powerful dragons to serve him. He used the dragons he created to establish himself as a master of dragons and gained great fame through our realm. But it wasn't enough for him. He wanted himself and his dragons to be recognized as our ancestors were. In arrogance, he approached the council of legendary dragons with the dragons he had created. Insolently demanding the his dragons be recognized as legendary dragons, and that he be named master of the legendary dragons. But the council refused because of the darkness in his heart. In a rage, he unleashed his dragons upon the council! But out ancestors banded together, and their combined strength defeated the dragons he had created! As punishment for his arrogance, they had the Dark Sage open a hole to a dimensional prison. One that suited him and his corrupted dragons. As an extra measure, Dark Sage cursed him so that he and his dragons would be forever bound to the prison. For should the prison be destroyed, they would be destroyed as well. The sorcerer swore he'd have his revenge on the legendary dragons! If not on the ones who imprisoned him, then he would unleash his vengeance upon their descendants. The sorcerer's name was Paradox Truth. And now he's come to settle that score with our ancestors from that day long past."

"Wait...how'd he break out?", Inferno asked. "I thought he needed to stay in that prison dimension to stay in one piece."

"You forget, it's been a long time since his exile.", Red-Eyes answered. "He's had PLENTY of time to find ways to project himself out of his prison. He was cut-off from our world, but yours was fair game. But he still needed to bide his time to regain his strength, so he must have searched for a duelist who had cards of the legendary dragons, but no link to them. And guess who he found?"

"Starlight.", Shadow answered with a glare. "He used her as a puppet to do his dirty work while he got his plan together!" Shadow slammed his fist on the table. "That scum!"

"Easy Shadow!", Ace cautioned. "Charging in with a hot temper like that, you'd get OTK'd in a heart beat!"

"But we can't ignore the fact that this guy's a Grade-A creep for using Starlight!", Ice added.

"There was one more thing. Paradox said he was biding his time while he forged the TRUE malefic deck.", Shadow noted. "I've got no idea what he meant by that, but it can't be good."

"Then I guess the only question is what's the plan now?", Gold stated.

"Easy! We storm that creep's lair, duel the pants off him, and get Starlight back!", Rainbow Dash boasted.

"Rainbow Dash is right.", Rarity chimed in. "This 'Paradox' ruffian won't stand a chance with all of us against him."

"Gold? Is that card your dad made ready?", Sunset asked. "Something tells me we'll need it for this duel."

"He just finished it today. Gave it to me this morning." Gold pulled out the card for all to see. "Burst, it's all yours." Gold tossed the card to Burst who caught it. Burst looked at the card and walked over to Shadow. He then handed the card to Shadow.

"What? Burst, not to sound rude, but why're you giving me the card?", Shadow asked.

"Because this is your story Shadow.", Burst said as he put a hand on Shadow's shoulder. "Make sure that you're the one to give it a happy ending!"

"Starlight's your girl. It'd be weird if all of us saved her when you just proclaimed your love for her.", Nightmare said with a kind smile.

"All of you...thank you! But promise me one thing."

"Name it.", Burst said.

"When we do charge into Paradox's lair, I get to take him on myself.", Shadow said with a determined gaze.

"You changed Starlight's mind Shadow. You should be the one to defeat the one who was pulling her strings."

"Then its settled.", Ace said with a nod. "When Paradox raises his lair, we'll all take him on together!"

Meanwhile in Paradox's Prison...

Starlight struggled in her restraints! But it was no use. The chains of energy held her firm. Paradox then walked up to her. "I must thank you for being an excellent pawn. But you've served your purpose."

"If that's the case, then let me go!"

"Oh no my dear. I still have use for you. That boy who's fond of you seemed quite determined to get you back. Oh how noble of him! Storming the villain's lair! A pity it will end badly for him.", Paradox said with a malicious smile. "Once he and his friends arrive, my revenge will be complete! The legendary dragons' descendants in one place, and all of them will fall by my hand! All I need do now is raise my lair, and they're sure to come running." As Paradox prepared to raise his fortress in the human world, Starlight's thoughts drifted to Shadow and the others.

'Shadow....everyone....I'm so sorry....'