• Published 14th Feb 2017
  • 917 Views, 140 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 7: The Malefic Menace - Bahamut0



Someone, or something, has been hunting down and capturing legendary dragons. And whatever it is has its sights set on CHS and Burst and his friends!

  • ...
4
 140
 917

Duel 10: The Malefic's Worst Nightmare

The school day soon came to a close, and Nightmare was packing up her things from her locker. She was about to head home with Burst until the CMC showed up around her. "Oh. Hi you three. Is there something you need?"

"We were hoping to see how you'd do show your deck to us and Shining and his friends.", Scootaloo beamed.

"If yer not to busy Ms. Moon.", Applebloom added.

Nightmare smiled. "I'd love to. I just need to text Burst I'll be getting home late. Don't wait up for me."

"Cool! See ya at the duel park Moon!", Sweetie Belle said as she and her friends headed off to the duel park. Nightmare finished texting Burst and made her way to the duel park. In the meantime, the CMC and CMCB were waiting around at the duel park.

"So it looks like Moon's got a powerful monster partner.", Shining Spoon noted.

"Monster partner?", Applebloom asked.

"Y'know. The monster you got a bond with. Like me and Clear Wing!", Bolt said proudly as he showed off Clear Wing Synchro Dragon.

"Huh. Kinda like me and Dogoran!", Scootaloo said with a smile.

"Guppy's my favorite.", Sweetie Belle beamed. "Kinda like you three have your dragons."

"Yup.", Bright Star said proudly. "No monsters we'd rather have by our side!"

"How sweet." The group froze when they saw a figure step out of a portal. "You care so much for your dragons. You're young, so I'll make this an easy choice...." Starlight snapped her fingers, and the CMC were trapped in a cage of energy! "Hand over your dragons, and I'll release them. I'd rather not make this difficult."

"What do we do? The girls are in trouble!", Bright Star whispered.

"I say we duel the pants off her!", Bolt hissed. "Teach her a lesson about messing with our friends!"

"We don't know if we can take her!", Shining protested. "Plus, we've got no idea how strong her monsters are!"

"Well? I'm waiting.", Starlight said sternly.

"We're not handing over our dragons!", Bolt Dash spat!

"Then it looks like we're going to do this the hard way." Starlight summoned her duel disk.

"YOU WON'T LAY A FINGER ON THEM!", Nightmare shouted. Starlight turned to see Nightmare's eyes burning with fury. "If you're going to duel someone, duel me!" Nightmare activated her duel disk.

"Heh. I guess I'll indulge you." Starlight activated her duel disk in response.

Nightmare: 8000
Starlight: 8000

"I got the first move!" Nightmare took a careful look at her cards. "I play Ancient Rules to special summon Dragon Core Hexer in defense mode! Then I'll set two cards face-down and end my turn!" 'I can't take her monsters lightly. They might not have decent effects, but their attack points are pretty high!

"Pretty impressive start.", Starlight said with a smirk under her mask. "I draw! I'll set a card and end my turn."

"In that case, I'll start my turn!" Nightmare drew her next card. "I'll switch Hexer into attack mode! Then I'll play Trade-In to discard a level eight monster from my hand to draw two new cards! I'll attack you directly with Hexer! Dragon Core Slash!"

"This one's for the noble dragons you've imprisoned!", Hexer cried as she slashed at Starlight's life points!

"I'll end my turn."

Nightmare: 8000
Starlight: 5700

"That was your one free hit! I draw!" Starlight smiled under her mask as she saw the cards in her hand. "I activate the field spell Malefic World! Now I'll banish Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my deck and summon Malefic Blue-Eyes! Then I'll summon Malefic Parallel Gear! Now I'll tune Gear with Blue-Eyes! I synchro summon Malefic Paradox Dragon! Then I'll activate my trap! Malefic Claw Stream! I can target a 'Malefic' monster I control to destroy one monster you control!" A stream of sickly green energy vaporized Dragon Core Hexer! "Now attack her directly!" Nightmare cringed as a stream of crackling black energy was fired from Malefic Paradox Dragon's mouth! Striking her lifepoints directly! But she had also prepared!

"I special summon Gorz the Emissary of Darkness since I took damage! Now I activate his effect! I can special summon an Emissary Token with attack equal to the damage I took!" 'It was risky, but getting a monster that can match her dragon's strength was worth it!'

"Looks like you're still in this duel. I end my turn with a face-down."

Nightmare: 4000
Starlight: 5700

'Not good!', Nightmare thought. 'I'm already down to half my life points with one attack! I've got Nyx in my hand, but her attack won't be enough to take down Malefic Paradox Dragon! And even if I have my token attack, there's still that face-down!' Suddenly, Nightmare noticed a rainbow-colored flash going off on top of her deck! "What?" Nightmare drew the card, and gasped when she saw it. Nightmare's pained expression of defeat changed into a confident smile! "Time to turn this duel around! I play Harmony's Light! I'll send Queen Nyx from my hand to the graveyard! Now I special summon Nyx the Night Paladin from my deck!" Nyx appeared on the field, and was bathed in a ray of moonlight! When the light died down, Nyx had transformed! Instead of wearing a dress and gauntlets, she was wearing a brilliant azure armor! Her hair also seemed to have stars swirling in it, and had turned dark blue. But most notable was the pair of black wings Nyx had grown! Nightmare also underwent a transformation. She had grown pony ears, a tail, and a pair of large black wings! "Now I'll activate her effect! I'll switch your monster into defense mode!" Nyx fired a blast of magic that forced Malefic Paradox Dragon into defense mode! "Now Nyx's other effect activates! Since your monster's in defense mode, Nyx can attack you directly! Crescent Slash!" Nyx charged her sword with magic and flew over Malefic Paradox Dragon! Nyx landed in front of Starlight!

"Lights out!", Nyx said as she slashed at Starlight's life points! Nyx then flew back to Nightmare's field.

"That's all for my turn. And you can drop the disguise Starlight."

Nightmare: 4000
Starlight: 1200

Starlight removed her mask. "So. I take it the dragons that were freed told you about me." Starlight then scowled when she saw a silver glow coming from her deck! "NO! Not again!" A card from Starlight's extra deck was trying to break free! The card soon shot into Nightmare's hand! "Why?! Why aren't the dragons obeying me?!"

"Because you've been hurting them Starlight!", Nightmare cried out. "Starlight, is this power you've been given worth it?! Is it worth scaring them?" Nightmare pointed to the CMC and the CMCB. "There's a better way than this!" Starlight's mind was still fuzzy as Nightmare went on. "What would Shadow think of you if he knew?!" 'Burst changed me. Maybe Shadow can do the same for her. At least, I hope he can. Come on Starlight. You know there's a better path than this.'

"I....I draw! I'll switch Paradox Dragon back into attack mode! And I'll use him to take-out your token!" Nightmare's token and Malefic Paradox Dragon destroyed each other! "Now I can pay half my life points to special summon Malefic Truth Dragon!"

"I don't think so! I activate my trap! Black Horn of Heaven! This lets me negate the special summon of a monster and destroy it!" Malefic Truth Dragon exploded the second it tried to take the field! "Now I can special summon Van'Dalgyon the Dark Dragon from my graveyard since I used a counter trap to negate the summon of a monster or a spell or trap! Now I can activate one of his effects! I can special summon a monster from my graveyard! Unfortuantely, I've got nothing to revive."

"I...end my turn...", Starlight said as she clutched her head.

"I draw!" Nightmare took careful note of the type of monster she had freed. "I summon D.D. Sprite! Now I'll tune him with Gorz! I synchro summon..." D.D. Sprite turned into a green ring and hovered over Gorz! "Stardust Dragon!" A column of light shot from the ring, and a dragon with silvery-white scales and stardust trailing from his wings. He looked like he was made of the stars themselves! "Stardust! Nyx! Attack her directly! Lunar Stardust Flare!" Stardust and Nyx fired a combined attack! The silvery-blue blast of energy wiped out the last of Starlight's life points! Starlight retreated through a portal, causing the energy cage she had summoned to fade away. Nightmare went over to the CMC and CMCB to see if they were alright. "Any of you hurt?"

"We are now!", Scootaloo said with a grin. "You kicked that girl's butt! No wonder you're Burst's girlfriend!"

"Thanks for the save!", Shining Spoon said with a sigh of relief.

"I'm glad you're all safe. You'd all better hurry home."

"Right!" The group headed home, and Nightmare and Nyx turned to face Stardust. "Seems like I've got a new friend. Nice to meet you."

"You too. Thanks for freeing me. I've been looking for you Nightmare.", Stardust said with a kind smile.

"Call me Moon please."

"I'm Stardust Dragon. I was meant to bond with you, but Starlight captured me before I could find you."

"Welcome to the deck.", Nightmare said with a smile. Stardust returned to the monster world, and Nightmare added his card to the extra deck. "Time to see what happens if I call on my bond with Stardust..." Nightmare focused and found that stardust was falling from her wings. "Now's as good a time as ever to break in these new wings!" Nightmare took off! Leaving a trail of stardust as she flew! "This is amazing! Just wait until I show this to Burst!" Nightmare soon landed at Burst's house. Burst opened the door, and held her tightly. "You really missed me didn't you?"

"Moon, where were you?! What happened?!"

"Easy Burst. I'm alright. I had a run-in with Starlight, but I beat her and managed to free a legendary dragon from her."

"I'm just glad you're safe.", Burst said with a sigh of relief, then noticed Nightmare's transformation. "And it looks like you've truly unlocked the magic inside you. And I guess that dragon you freed upgraded your wings Moon."

"You like them?", Nightmare asked with a smile before wrapping her arms and wings around Burst. "Listen Burst. I think Starlight's actions might be influenced by another presence. I finally got a good sense of it when we were dueling after she unmasked herself. And it's going to take a lot to free her."

"I guess this all rests on Shadow's shoulders now."

"Why's that?"

"I changed you Moon. Shadow could do the same for Starlight. But his brothers are going to have to break the news to him. But first, we'd better head inside before I text Ace." Burst and Nightmare headed inside. "I know you can take care of yourself, but that doesn't stop me from worrying about you."

"And that doesn't stop me from loving you.", Nightmare said as she kissed Burst. "Let's hope Shadow's love can save Starlight."

Author's Note:

Nyx the Night Paladin Card Stats

Name: Nyx the Night Paladin
Attribute: Light
Level: 10
Type: Fairy/Effect
ATK: 4500/DEF: 4000
Effect: This card can only be special summoned by the effect of "Harmony's Light". This card is unaffected by card effects. Once per turn, you can target one monster your opponent controls into defense mode. If all your opponent's monsters are in defense mode, you can attack your opponent directly. This card gains 300 attack for each LIGHT and DARK monster in your graveyard.