• Published 14th Feb 2017
  • 917 Views, 140 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 7: The Malefic Menace - Bahamut0



Someone, or something, has been hunting down and capturing legendary dragons. And whatever it is has its sights set on CHS and Burst and his friends!

  • ...
4
 140
 917

Duel 6: Bonding

Burst sat at Carousel Boutique while Rarity helped Nightmare pick out some new outfits for her wardrobe. "Rarity, are you sure about doing this for me?", Nightmare asked.

"Think nothing of it darling!", Rarity said with a smile. "It'd be a crime to leave any friend of mine with only one outfit!"

"Coming from the girl who usually wears the same outfit everyday.", Inferno joked.

"Aren't we all ones to talk?", Burst remarked.

"Got me there!", Inferno said with a chuckle. As Rarity was helping out Nightmare, the CMC were fooling around. And due to their lack of attention, they accidentally bumped Nightmare!

"Sweetie Belle! I thought I told you and your friends not to fool around in here!" Rarity then helped Nightmare up. "I apologize for my little sister and her friends Moon. They can be quite the energetic lot sometimes." Nightmare then looked at the CMC. The three girls were a little bit intimidated by Nightmare's eyes, but were surprised at her smile.

"Weren't you the same way at one point Rarity?", Nightmare asked. Nightmare then looked at the cards the CMC had dropped. "Here. I think these belong to you."

"You're pretty nice.", Sweetie Belle said with a small smile.

"Hey, aren't you that girl that nearly kicked Burst's butt?", Scootaloo asked. "Bolt Dash told me it was a pretty close duel!"

"Can ya show us the cards ya used?", Applebloom asked.

"I think I've got a better idea. How about you see them in action? The three of you against me! But we play with half our life points. We don't want to keep any of the shop's customers waiting." Nightmare borrowed Burst's duel disk while the CMC grabbed their own. "I'll let you have the first move."

Nightmare: 12000
CMC: 12000

"Let's see...." Sweetie Belle looked at her cards. "I play Aquarium Lighting! Then I'll summon Aquaactress Guppy! Her effect lets me special summon another 'Aquaactress from my hand! I'll bring out Aquaactress Tetra! Now that she's on the field I can add an 'Aquarium' spell from my deck to my hand!" Sweetie Belle searched through her deck, and picked out a card before shuffling her deck. "Now I'll play the spell card I added! Aquarium Set! All WATER monsters I control can't be destroyed by battle with a non-WATER monster! Also, all 'Aquaactress monsters' I control are unaffected by my opponent's monster effects! I can't attack on my first turn, so I end my turn with a face-down."

'Hmmm. Her decks seems to be focused on using those spells to boost her monsters. I guess that's only proper considering the type of monsters she has and the names of the spells.' "An impressive setup.", Nightmare said with a nod. "You're ready to put on quite the show with your monsters. Now it's time for my performance! I draw! Since you have more monsters than me, I can normal summon this card without tributing! Arisen Gaia the Fierce Knight! But I'm not done yet! I'll set a card and then I'll play the spell card Terraforming! This lets me add a field spell from my deck to my hand! Now I'll activate the field spell I added! Lunar Surface!" When Nightmare activated the card, the whole dueling area switched to a surface similar to the moon. "Now its effect activates! All LIGHT and DARK monsters on my field gain 400 attack points! Now I'll have Arisen Gaia attack Aquaactress Tetra! Spiral Spear Strike!" Arisen Gaia charged at Tetra!

"Aquarium Lighting doubles my monster's attack and defense during damage calculation! Plus, Set gives Tetra and extra 600 attack points since she's a WATER monster and an 'Aquaactress!" Sweetie Belle winced as she took damage!

"Impressive strategy for keeping your monsters on the field.", Nightmare said with a smile. "I end my turn." 'So much for her deck being a fish out of water. Those aquarium spells work well for her monsters.'

CMC: 10900
Nightmare: 12000

"My turn now!", Scootaloo said. "I draw! Nice! First I'll play The Kaiju Files! Then I'll tribute your monster to special summon Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju to your field! And since a kaiju was special summoned, I can place a Kaiju Counter on The Kaiju Files! And since you've got a kaiju on your field, I can special summon a kaiju from my hand! Jizukiru, the Star Destroying Kaiju! Now I can put another Kaiju Counter on The Kaiju Files! Then I'll attack Gameciel!" Jizukiru fired a laser from his head! Obliterating Gameciel! "Now Gameciel goes to my graveyard! I end my turn!"

CMC: 10900
Nightmare: 10900

'Looks like her deck is like those monster movies Burst was talking about. It focuses on having two powerful monsters duke-it-out. Can't lie, that's kinda cool. Plus, it can get rid of a bothersome monster on the opponent's field. Pretty sneaky!' "Quite the monster you've got. I draw! I play Allure of Darkness! I can draw two cards so long as I banish a DARK monster from my hand! Now I play Level Conversion Lab I set earlier! I reveal a monster in my hand and reveal a monster in my hand! Then I roll a die, and if the result is between 2 and 6, the monster becomes that level!" Nightmare rolled a die, and the result was a five! "Excellent! Now I play Card Advance! This lets me conduct an extra tribute summon this turn! I summon Hardened Armed Dragon! Now I tribute him to bring out Yubel! Then I end my turn." '

"Ah draw!" Applebloom looked at the cards in her hand! "Ah summon Kozmo Farmgirl and banish her to special summon Kozmoll Dark Lady! Then Ah'll attack yer monster!"

"Sorry. But Yubel can't be destroyed by battle! And thanks to her effect, you take your monster's attack points as damage since you attacked! 'Let's see if the force is strong with her monsters.'

"Not fer long! Since you activated Yubel's effect, Ah can pay 1000 life points to negate the effect and destroy that card! But Ah can't destroy her effect, so all that's left is to take Yubel out by battle!" Yubel was shot-down by a blast of dark energy! "Ah end mah turn!"

CMC: 9900
Nightmare: 9100

"Not bad.", Nightmare said with a smile. "You managed to take down one of my best monsters. But you've yet to see my ace! I draw! Now it's time for you to meet her! I banish Yubel from my graveyard!" A beam of moonlight appeared on Nightmare's field. "I summon Queen Nyx!" A female monster materialized onto Nightmare's field! She was wearing azure gauntlets and a black dress, and had dark purple hair as well as teal eyes like Nightmare's. "Now that she's on the field, she gains 300 attack for each monster in my graveyard! Also, all monsters on your field are switched to defense mode! Did I mention Nyx inflicts piercing damage if I destroy a defense mode monster? Also, Nyx gains more attack points thanks to my field! Destroy Kozmoll Dark Lady! Night Blast!"

"Hope you're not scared of the dark!", Nyx joked as she fired a blast of magic! Destroying Kozmoll Dark Lady!

"I end my turn with two face-downs." 'These cards should give Nyx some extra protection. And considering the power boost Sweetie's spells give her monsters, I'll be needing them.'

CMC: 8000
Nightmare: 9100

"My turn!" Sweetie Belle drew her next card. "I'll switch all my monsters back into attack mode! Then I activate Guppy's effect! I special summon Aquaactress Arowana! Now I'll attack Queen Nyx!"

"I don't think so! I activate Mirror Force! This destroys all attack mode monsters you control!" A barrier formed around Nyx, and reflected the stream of bubbles back into Sweetie's monsters! Wiping them all out! "Now I activate my other face-down! Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy Aquarium Lighting!" A typhoon blew away Sweetie's Aquarium Lighting spell!"

"Since you destroyed Aquarium Lighting, I can special summon an aqua-type monster in my graveyard! I'll bring back Tetra! Then I'll use her effect to add an 'Aquarium' spell from my deck to my hand! I'll play the spell I added! Aquarium Lighting! Then I'll activate my trap! Aqua Story-Urashima! I can target one monster on the field and negate its effects and make its attack and defense become 100!" A storm of bubbles flew at Nyx, but they just bounced off her!

"Nyx can't be targeted or destroyed by card effects. Sorry to burst your bubble."

"Darn! I guess I end my turn."

"I draw! Now I'll equip Nyx with Lunar Scepter! This boosts her attack by 500! Destroy Jizukiru!" Nyx fired a concentrated blast of magic at Jizukiru! Melting the star destroying kaiju to scrap! "I end my turn."

CMC: 6400
Nightmare: 9100

"My move!" Scootaloo drew her next card. "Aw, man! I got nothing! I end my turn."

"My turn." Nightmare drew her next card. "I'll attack you directly with Nyx!" Scootaloo cringed as Nyx fired a blast of magic right into her life points! "I end my turn with another face-down."

CMC: 2200
Nightmare: 9100

"Ah draw!", Applebloom said. "Ah summon Kozmo Tincan and end mah turn!"

"I draw! I'll attack Tincan!"

"Ah banish Tincan to special summon a level two or higher 'Kozmo' monster from my hand! Ah special summon Kozmo Sliprider! Now Ah can destroy a spell or trap card on the field! Ah destroy Lunar Surface!" Nightmare's field was destroyed, but Sliprider was still shot-down! "That's all fer me."

CMC: 500
Nightmare: 9100

'They're having fun despite my lead in life points. That's the way people should be when they duel.' "You all put up a good duel.", Nightmare said with a kind smile. "But now I have an important question for all of you. Did you have a fun duel?" The CMC gradually smiled.

"Yeah!", the CMC answered.

"Good. That's how you should try to approach every duel. Now to bring this duel to a close." Nyx fired a ray of lunar magic at the last of the CMC's life points. Once the duel ended, the CMC ran up to Nightmare.

"Your ace monster is so cool!", Scootaloo cheered.

"Ya really gave us a challenge!", Applebloom said with a big smile.

"Sooo, are you Burst's girlfriend?"

"Thanks all of you. And to answer your question Sweetie Belle, yes. I am Burst's girlfriend. We're even living in the same house."

"Sorry to interrupt darling, but are you finished picking out clothes?", Rarity asked. Nightmare nodded.

"I am. Come on Burst. Let's head home." Nightmare picked up the clothes she had picked out, and she and Burst left.

"You're pretty good with kids.", Burst said with a smile.

"Well it's easier for them to like you when there's no myths that you eat them if they misbehave.", Nightmare said with a giggle. "Contrary to the Nightmare Night myths, I'm actually quite fond of children. I can sort of relate to them in a lot of ways. Even if I didn't have a childhood." Nightmare was then surprised when Burst hugged her tightly.

"We're fixing that tonight! I'm gonna share with you all the things that I grew up with."

"Would one of them happen to be Power Rangers?"

"How did you know?!"

"I heard you singing the theme song in the shower."

"Heh. Then I guess that's where we're starting." Burst's smile then faded. "Did you hear about Inferno's run-in yesterday?"

"I did. I'll admit, I'm worried for you Burst. This rogue duelist is targeting legendary dragon users."

"I know. And I've got an idea as to who this duelist is." Burst then let out a sigh. "I just hope I'm wrong...."

Author's Note:

Queen Nyx Card Stats

Name: Queen Nyx
Attribute: DARK
Level: 8
Type: Spellcaster/Effect
ATK: 3000/DEF:2500
Effect: You can special summon this card by banishing one DARK monster from your hand or graveyard. When this card is summoned, switch all of your opponent's monsters into defense mode. This card cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. This card gains 300 attack for each DARK monster in your graveyard. When this card destroys a defense mode monster, inflict piercing damage.