• Published 23rd Jan 2017
  • 1,340 Views, 85 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 2: The Friendship Games - Bahamut0



Burst's victory at Duelist Kingdom has reached people everywhere. And it's also reached CHS's rival, Crystal Prep. And with the Friendship Games on the horizon, she sees this as the perfect time to secure her reputation.

  • ...
5
 85
 1,340

Duel 5: Tests

As the day was ending, Sunset approached Burst. "Hey Burst?", she asked.

"What's up Sunset?"

"Do you know how you could do that dragon power-up thing back at Duelist Kingdom? The girls and I can pony-up, but we've usually only been able to do the same when we unlock the magic inside us. And usually it results in a rainbow laser. I was thinking maybe it's different with you. Maybe we should also get Inferno to see if the same happens."

"Well, I guess that makes sense. I've got some free time today." Burst and the guys met up with the girls after school.

"Okay. Test 1: Correlation to monster partner's presence. First, summon your monster partners.", Sunset instructed. Burst and the guys summoned their monster partners. "Okay. Now try to transform." Burst was the first one to try it. And to his surprise, he transformed without any strain or thought! In fact, it was almost instantaneous! "Okay. So it's not tied to your monster partner's presence. That theory is ruled out.", Sunset said as she crossed it off the list. "The rest of you try to transform." The rest of the guys tried, but had no success. "Weird. It looks like Burst is the only one who can transform at the moment. But at least we know how it happened."

"Well don't keep us in suspense! Tell us!", Steel said.

"At Duelist Kingdom, Burst gained a new card. Harmony Absolute. And with it he was able to bring out an unstoppable form of Blue-Eyes. Blue-Eyes Absolute Dragon. But after the duel ended, Sombra had fused with Zorc and tried to attack us. Then Burst grew those dragon wings of his and his eyes turned dragonic. The transformation happened because of Burst's strong bond with Blue-Eyes. The 'Harmony' card must have unlocked the power. That's why Burst's the only one who can transform right now. And if the rest of you are going to try getting your own 'Harmony' card, don't hold your breath. Harmony Absolute only added itself to Burst's deck when he was at his breaking point. And I doubt the fate of the world will hang in the balance anytime soon."

"Well, thanks for telling us anyway.", Inferno said. "I don't know about anyone else here, but I'm heading home."

"Yeah. We'd better get some rest. The Friendship Games are only a few days away.", Burst said as he powered down. "And something tells me things are gonna be different this year."