• Published 23rd Jan 2017
  • 1,339 Views, 85 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 2: The Friendship Games - Bahamut0



Burst's victory at Duelist Kingdom has reached people everywhere. And it's also reached CHS's rival, Crystal Prep. And with the Friendship Games on the horizon, she sees this as the perfect time to secure her reputation.

  • ...
5
 85
 1,339

Duel 11: Game On!

"The first event will be a duel! Twilight Sparkle of Crystal Prep will be pitted against our own Burst Stream!", Principal Celestia announced. The whole crowd cheered as Burst and Twilight took the field. Both activated their duel disks. Burst noticed Twilight's distress at the crowd.

"Hey Twilight! Piece of advice: Ignore the crowd! Just focus on the duel!", Burst called out. Twilight nodded.

Burst: 8000
Twilight: 8000

"I'll let you have the first move."

"Okay then. Here goes!" Twilight took a good look at her hand. 'Alright Twilight. You've got a pretty good hand. Just stay calm, and you'll be in Everton soon.' "I summon Magician's Rod! This lets me add a spell or trap card from my deck to my hand that lists Dark Magician in its text! Now I'll activate the card I added! Illusion Magic! I'll tribute my rod to add two Dark Magicians from my deck to my hand! Then I'll set two cards and end my turn."

"I draw!", Burst said. 'Geez. Even after my advice, she still looks so tense. Dueling should be fun, so why's she playing like her future's riding on this duel. I wonder if she even wants to be here?' "I'll reveal Blue-Eyes White Dragon in my hand to special summon Blue-Eyes Alternative!"

"I activate my trap! Solemn Strikes! I pay 1500 life points to negate the special summon of your monster! And since I played a spell or trap card during your turn, I can special summon Magician of Dark Illusion from my hand! Also, his name becomes Dark Magician while he's on the field! Then I'll activate my other trap! Magician Navigation! This lets me special summon Dark Magician from my deck!"

"I guess I'll end my turn with a face-down." 'No wonder she's my opponent. She's pretty good with her Dark Magicians!'

"I draw! I'll attack you directly with both of my monsters! Dark Magic attack!"

"I activate my trap! Curse of Anubis! This switches all effect monsters on the field into face-up defense mode and makes their defense zero! Their positions can't be changed!"

"I didn't see that coming." 'That was a pretty good counter! No wonder he's the champion.'

"Isn't that the fun part of a duel Twilight? You do know you can attack me directly with Dark Magician since he's a normal monster right?"

"Oh! I almost forgot! I'll attack you directly with Dark Magician! Dark Magic Attack!" A blast of dark magic struck Burst's life points! "I end my turn."

Burst: 5500
Twilight: 6500

"Not a bad move Twilight. Now it's my turn! I summon White Stone of Ancients! Then I'll target it with the Sage with Eyes of Blue from my hand! I'll send both to the graveyard to special summon Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my deck! Then I'll play Return of the Dragon Lords to revive the Blue-Eyes Alternative in my graveyard! I'll use Alternative's effect to destroy your Magician of Dark Illusion, and I'll attack Dark Magician with Blue-Eyes! White Lightning!" Twilight shielded herself as Dark Magician was destroyed with a blast of lightning! "Then I'll set a card and end my turn."

Burst: 5500
Twilight: 6000

"My turn." Twilight drew her next card. 'This card's a bit of a cheap-shot, but I can't argue with the results.' "Hope you don't think this is a cheap shot, but I activate Dark Hole!"

"I don't. Not when I activate my trap! Champion's Vigilance! Since I have a level seven or higher normal monster, I can negate the activation of a spell or trap card or the summon of a monster! Then I can destroy that card! I'll negate Dark Hole!" 'This is gonna be one back-and-forth duel!'

"In that case, I end my turn with a face-down card." 'This trap should give me some good protection!'

"I draw! Nice. I'll contact fuse my dragons to fusion summon Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon! Then I'll remove White Stone of Ancients from my graveyard to return Blue-Eyes White Dragon to my hand! I'll also play The Melody of Awakening Dragon to discard a card and add two dragon-type monsters from my deck to my hand! I'll attack you directly with Twin Burst!"

"I activate my trap! Drowning Mirror Force! When you declare a direct attack, I can shuffle all attack mode monsters you control back into your deck! But since Twin Burst is a fusion monster, he returns to your extra deck."

"Good move Twilight. I end my turn." 'I should've guessed that she'd have a card like that up her sleeve.'

"Thanks. I draw! I play Dark Magic Veil! This lets me pay 1000 life points to special summon a dark spellcaster-type monster from my hand or graveyard! I'll bring back Dark Magician! Then I'll banish Magician's Navigation from my graveyard to negate the effects of your face-down until the end of this turn! Attack him directly!" Another blast of magic collided with Burst's life points! "I end my turn." This is great! I managed to deplete most of his life points!'

Burst: 3000
Twilight: 5000

"Oh man! This duel's been back and forth the whole time!", Rainbow Dash remarked. "Burst's only down to 3000 life points, and Twilight's at 5000!"

"This is pretty close...", Sunset almost whispered.

Burst looked at Twilight. "Well?" Twilight was puzzled.

"Well what?"

"Are you having fun?"

"Come to think of it...I kind of am.", Twilight said with a small smile. "Thanks for the tip about tuning out the crowd."

"No problem. And the fun's only beginning! I draw! I'll play Trade-In to discard Blue-Eyes from my hand to draw two new cards! Then I'll play one of the cards I just drew! Advanced Ritual Art! I'll send another Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my deck to the graveyard to ritual summon Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon! Attack Dark Magician! Chaos Neutron Blast!" Twilight winced as Dark Magician was destroyed! "I end my turn." 'It's your move now Twilight.'

Burst: 3000
Twilight: 3500

"I've never seen a monster that strong!", Twilight said in awe. "I don't know if I can take it down!"

"Something tells me you'll find a way Twilight.", Burst said with a smile. "It's your move."

"Right. I draw! I'll set this card and end my turn."

"In that case, I'll attack you directly!"

"I activate my trap! Quaking Mirror Force! Since you declared an attack, I can change all of your attack mode monsters into face-down defense mode! Also, their battle positions can't be changed!"

"Good counter! I end my turn." 'Glad to see she's a bit less shy now.', Burst thought with a smile.

"I draw! I play Thousand Knives to destroy your monster!" Burst winced as a storm of knives destroyed Chaos MAX! "Then I'll summon Magician's Robe and activate its effect! I'll discard a spell or trap card from my hand to special summon Dark Magician from my deck! Now I'll attack you directly with both of my monsters!" 'This is it!'

"Then it's a good thing I saved this!" Burst activated his trap! "Mirror Force!" Twilight's monsters were destroyed by the force of her own attack!

"I end my turn." 'Should've seen that coming.'

"My move then! I draw! I play Silver's Cry! This revives a normal dragon-type monster from my graveayrd! I'll bring back Blue-Eyes White Dragon! Attack her directly! White Lightning!" Twilight winced as she took the full force of Blue-Eyes' attack! "Then I'll set a card and end my turn." 'I got the feeling her Dark Magicians still have a trick of two up their sleeves. Good thing I've got Return of the Dragon Lords in my graveyard.'

Burst: 3000
Twilight: 500

"It all hangs on one draw...", Twilight said nervously. 'Yes! Just what I needed!' "I play Dark Magic Curtain! I pay half my life points to special summon my last copy of Dark Magician from my deck! Then I'll activate Dark Magic Expanded! I have two other Dark Magicians in my graveyard, so I get to use two of its effects! This turn, all dark spellcaster-type monsters I control gain 1000 attack! Attack Blue-Eyes White Dragon!"

'Sorry Twilight. But Blue-Eyes isn't going anywhere!' "I'll banish Return of the Dragon Lords to keep my monster safe from being destroyed!" The blast of magic hit Blue-Eyes, but he was still standing!

"I end my turn."

Burst: 2500
Twilight: 250

"Let's rock the dragon Blue-Eyes!" Blue-Eyes nodded.

"White Lightning!", Blue-Eyes cried out as he fired his signature attack! Wiping out the last of Twilight's life points! All the CHS students cheered while the Crystal Prep students just stared disapprovingly at Twilight. Burst made his way over to Twilight, and offered her his hand. As she was about to accept it, Principal Cinch swatted Burst's hand away!

"Hey! What's your deal?!", Burst demanded. 'Something tells me this woman has a lot to do with Twilight being here.'

"My student can get up on her own. Twilight. We shall discuss the severity of this later."

"Severity?! She just dueled with all she had! She gave a good duel, and that's that! So what if she didn't win?! She did her best! Shouldn't you be proud to say that much?!"

"Foolish brat.", Cinch replied. "I picked her because I thought she could beat you. I find it disgraceful that Canterlot High School has even one edge over us."

" 'Us' or you?", Burst growled. Cinch simply scoffed and walked off with Twilight. "I'm liking that woman less and less."

"Tell me about it.", Blue-Eyes said. "She's as rigid as those Ancient Gear Monsters of hers."

"We'd better head inside. Now the games are really about to begin..."